logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<7891011>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline genocidal king  
#161 Posted : 30 June 2010 21:37:27(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Hmmm Spain's extra gear, very evident last night in the second half against Portugal....I tell you all, they will win
UserPostedImage
Offline The Nimrods  
#162 Posted : 30 June 2010 22:45:52(UTC)
The Nimrods

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
genocidal king wrote:
Hmmm Spain's extra gear, very evident last night in the second half against Portugal....I tell you all, they will win

Aren't they in the same group as Argentina for the finals? They'll lose. I think it will be close so they'll go to kicks and Messi,Higuain,Tevez,and Dimichelis are gonna be whippin' ass all up in that bitch. But then again fuckin' Casillas.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline genocidal king  
#163 Posted : 01 July 2010 02:08:05(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

The Nimrods wrote:
genocidal king wrote:

Aren't they in the same group as Argentina for the finals? They'll lose. I think it will be close so they'll go to kicks and Messi,Higuain,Tevez,and Dimichelis are gonna be whippin' ass all up in that bitch. But then again fuckin' Casillas.

They will play Argentina in the semis. Argentina's slow defence will be their downfall. Villa will rip Gutierrez a new arsehole out on the left, and if they move Heinze over to cover him, then Iniesta will tear it up on the other side. The key will be getting Busquets to nullify Messi. As I have said before many times, I watch Barca every week, and I think Busquets can do it.
UserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#164 Posted : 01 July 2010 02:48:09(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
The Nimrods wrote:
forkboy wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
forkboy wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
Man imagine if a soccer team had Uruguay's defense men,Argentina's forwards, Spain's midfield, and I don't know for the goalie but probably one of the African ones.

There's only one goalie. Gigi Buffon. Still the best in the world.

Yeah that's why Italy had like no points. He's good but not on a national team, a lot of players are worse on the national level. Buffon and Messi both do a lot better on the club level. Messi however is still amazing just instead of scoring he makes wicked assists.

lol.

As pointed elsewhere, Gigi played 45 minutes of the World Cup. To try and blame him for Italy's feeble performance is moronic.

I wouldn't blame him for the failure but Italy sucks in general, strange how them and France just started blowing like a cheap whore.

Not really when you consider that they are a shadow of what they were 4 years ago. Cannavaro is past it, had a below average season in Serie A and should not have made the squad. Add that to the fact that Lippi picked EIGHT players from Juventus, who only managed to finish 7th. I'm surprised he didn't try to bring Del Piero. And he left out Cassano and Borriello. It's pretty much all down to Lippi being completely useless and picking the wrong players, so sorry but nothing about this World Cup prevents Buffon being best in the world at his position, especially with Casillas continuing to look ropey.

Also, in regards to the Spain talk, the fact that Busquests has gotten to go to the World Cup is just sad. He's nothing special and lucky to play a part in the best midfield in club football.
Offline Paradox  
#165 Posted : 01 July 2010 03:01:37(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Defensive midfielders usually not very spectacular, perhaps Fabregas will be a better choice, though is not his position.
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline genocidal king  
#166 Posted : 01 July 2010 03:11:33(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

forkboy wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
forkboy wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
forkboy wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
Man imagine if a soccer team had Uruguay's defense men,Argentina's forwards, Spain's midfield, and I don't know for the goalie but probably one of the African ones.

Yeah that's why Italy had like no points. He's good but not on a national team, a lot of players are worse on the national level. Buffon and Messi both do a lot better on the club level. Messi however is still amazing just instead of scoring he makes wicked assists.

lol.

As pointed elsewhere, Gigi played 45 minutes of the World Cup. To try and blame him for Italy's feeble performance is moronic.

I wouldn't blame him for the failure but Italy sucks in general, strange how them and France just started blowing like a cheap whore.

Not really when you consider that they are a shadow of what they were 4 years ago. Cannavaro is past it, had a below average season in Serie A and should not have made the squad. Add that to the fact that Lippi picked EIGHT players from Juventus, who only managed to finish 7th. I'm surprised he didn't try to bring Del Piero. And he left out Cassano and Borriello. It's pretty much all down to Lippi being completely useless and picking the wrong players, so sorry but nothing about this World Cup prevents Buffon being best in the world at his position, especially with Casillas continuing to look ropey.

Also, in regards to the Spain talk, the fact that Busquests has gotten to go to the World Cup is just sad. He's nothing special and lucky to play a part in the best midfield in club football.

He is totally destructive, not constructive at all. It isnt pretty, but is very effective. He is the key to stoppin Messi
UserPostedImage
Offline The Nimrods  
#167 Posted : 01 July 2010 08:58:26(UTC)
The Nimrods

genocidal king wrote:
forkboy wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
forkboy wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
forkboy wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

lol.

He is totally destructive, not constructive at all. It isnt pretty, but is very effective. He is the key to stoppin Messi

The key to stopping Messi is Casillas actually. Not him in general, but a good goalie. Messi's drives from midfield are lethal I'm sure he could break through. Argentina's defense might not be able to handle Villa and his cohorts but the Argentine goalie is fairly decent, also Argentina has the best offense in the cup along with Brazil and they will probably get past Spain's defense. Even if Messi is stopped which everyone seems to be doing or attempting, he hasn't even scored and Higuain will be taking and/or making shots left and right. Messi's biggest role from what I've seen is making assists, mainly to Higuain, Demichelis as well, so if they isolate him there then there may be a problem, but Argentina are so damn fast on offense and have good ball control that they can shatter the defense. I honestly think it's too close to call but I'm going with 'tina.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline Taylr  
#168 Posted : 01 July 2010 09:09:27(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
If Casillas plays like he did against Portugal yesterday he won't be stopping anyone.
Offline genocidal king  
#169 Posted : 01 July 2010 09:21:45(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Taylr wrote:
If Casillas plays like he did against Portugal yesterday he won't be stopping anyone.

Fuckin True Dat!! Valdes should have been in there from the start!! Casillas is in there on past rep, not form, Valdes is clearly better.
UserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#170 Posted : 01 July 2010 09:53:37(UTC)
forkboy

There is a reason that Valdes is Spains #3.

And I'm well aware what a defensive midfielder does, I just happen to think that as far as Barca go, Yaya Toure is much better. People only rate Busquests because he came through the Barca system and is a Catalan.
Offline genocidal king  
#171 Posted : 01 July 2010 09:58:07(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

forkboy wrote:

And I'm well aware what a defensive midfielder does, I just happen to think that as far as Barca go, Yaya Toure is much better. People only rate Busquests because he came through the Barca system and is a Catalan.

Toure is a liability. Had a decent game filling in at CB in the Champions League Final of 09 and thats it. Pep Guardiola isnt an idiot. He knows what he's doing, and theres a reason Yaya is being allowed to fuck off to Man City...
UserPostedImage
Offline Paradox  
#172 Posted : 02 July 2010 04:35:35(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Uhm... Spain vs Argentina is a hypothetical game anyway. I still believe Germany will beat Argentina. Ozil will rape them.
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline Taylr  
#173 Posted : 02 July 2010 07:01:25(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
From here, this is what I think will happen.

Quater Final:

Uruguay beat Ghana.
Brazil beat Holland.
Argentina beat Germany.
Spain beat Paraguay.

Semi-finals:

Brazil beat Uruguay.
Argentina beat Spain.

Then Brazil will win it and Spain will win the 3rd place game.
Offline forkboy  
#174 Posted : 02 July 2010 07:03:20(UTC)
forkboy

genocidal king wrote:
forkboy wrote:

Toure is a liability. Had a decent game filling in at CB in the Champions League Final of 09 and thats it. Pep Guardiola isnt an idiot. He knows what he's doing, and theres a reason Yaya is being allowed to fuck off to Man City...

Guardiola might not be an idiot, but he's a human and liable to make mistakes. Yaya is a much better footballer than Busquests.

And I reckon Ghana stand a decent chance of making the semis to be honest. Uruguay have a great frontline, but they are certainly beatable.
Offline The Nimrods  
#175 Posted : 02 July 2010 09:28:26(UTC)
The Nimrods

forkboy wrote:
genocidal king wrote:
forkboy wrote:

Guardiola might not be an idiot, but he's a human and liable to make mistakes. Yaya is a much better footballer than Busquests.

And I reckon Ghana stand a decent chance of making the semis to be honest. Uruguay have a great frontline, but they are certainly beatable.

I think Uruguay will beat Ghana no doubt. They have amazing defense, formidable offense, and a decent midfield.

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline Aj  
#176 Posted : 02 July 2010 09:45:28(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
The key to stopping Messi is to not shit your pants every time he comes near you. Yeah he's a quality player but he isn't perfect, like everyone seems to think he is. Germany are very capable of beating Argentina, Spain are very capable of beating them as well. Brazil definitely are, so I don't see why everyone's suddenly picked Argentina as favourites on the basis of them having a good attack? That's only a third of what you have to be good at, Germany, Brazil and Spain are much better rounded teams in my opinion.
Offline The Nimrods  
#177 Posted : 02 July 2010 10:18:50(UTC)
The Nimrods

Aj wrote:
The key to stopping Messi is to not shit your pants every time he comes near you. Yeah he's a quality player but he isn't perfect, like everyone seems to think he is. Germany are very capable of beating Argentina, Spain are very capable of beating them as well. Brazil definitely are, so I don't see why everyone's suddenly picked Argentina as favourites on the basis of them having a good attack? That's only a third of what you have to be good at, Germany, Brazil and Spain are much better rounded teams in my opinion.

They are definitely better rounded. The thing is, Argentina is REALLY good at keeping the ball and at scoring fast. They're also all extremely fast. Argentina's been my favorite since the beginning by the way. They also don't only have Messi, they have Higuain who's the highest scorer in the world cup, Messi hasn't scored once. They also have Tevez who's a great forward and Demichelis who's one of the few scoring defenders. While not too great on the defense their goalie is good and they've got drive, Maradona wants to prove he knows what he's doing.

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline forkboy  
#178 Posted : 02 July 2010 11:52:55(UTC)
forkboy

Aj wrote:

It isn't all about Messi though, they've got a great midfield as well, and they are all playing for each other. And the reason people are picking them? They have hit a rich vein of form right now, and that's pretty important at any level of footbal. I certainly HOPE they do it. I've enjoyed watching nobody more this summer than Argentina.
Offline The Nimrods  
#179 Posted : 02 July 2010 12:35:30(UTC)
The Nimrods

forkboy wrote:
Aj wrote:

It isn't all about Messi though, they've got a great midfield as well, and they are all playing for each other. And the reason people are picking them? They have hit a rich vein of form right now, and that's pretty important at any level of footbal. I certainly HOPE they do it. I've enjoyed watching nobody more this summer than Argentina.

I agree with all of that. they're just really fun to watch, they've got spirit and determination and are doing better than before which was already good. In general they're a great team, their forwards are unstoppable, if Argentina ever has to go to kicks I already know who's gonna win. Their midfield is tight and that compensates for their defense because the midfield is rarely deeply penetrated (unlike Cristiano Ronaldo's asshole). I think a problem is that osme of their defenders are former midfielders (Demichelis and I believe Heinze as well) so it's not as tight but they get the ball up the field well.

Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:

xNightsidex wrote:

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:

Offline genocidal king  
#180 Posted : 03 July 2010 02:35:31(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Go on the Dutch!
UserPostedImage