logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GirlSpice  
#1 Posted : 24 June 2010 10:00:00(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Earlier today, Chris Moyles caught up with upcoming singer Glamazon...

Chris Moyles: And we're on the phone with my personal favourite new and upcoming singer Glamazon, how are you Glam?

Glamazon: I'm doing well Chris, hope you're well.

Chris Moyles: I'm very good! I know it's only 8 in the morning here in the UK but where are you at the moment? What time is it?

Glamazon: I'm actually in LA and it's 11 at night over here, so nothing too bad.

Chris Moyles: Well thanks for waiting up for us! Where are you at the moment?

Glamazon: I'm in the studio with a producer and we're just hearing back my finished song and it's sounding hot so I'm really pleased! I wanna be in bed right now but love is pain and my very strong love for music really does bring me a lot of pain. (laughs)

Chris Moyles: Are you American?

Glamazon: No, I'm actually British, I'm sure you can tell from my accent in the Lethal Love episodes. (laughs)

Chris Moyles: So listen Glam, I've been watching these Lethal Love episodes of yours and I'm just not getting it. You have to think of me, a 36 year old man who's watching this and I'm just seeing you killing loads of men, what's the problem? (laughs)

Glamazon: You're right, I do kill a man in nearly every episode and it's because I am a feminist and I like to show strong and powerful women and I just so happen to be a woman like that who likes to show that side to me.

Chris Moyles: What's the whole inspiration behind the web series?

Glamazon: I'm really into low budget, grainy and old fashioned horror films and I was really inspired by that. The whole shaky hand-held camera movements really adds to the whole mood and feeling that I'm trying to get across in the episodes. You see all of these pop videos that are shot with all these HD cameras and high quality equipment but I wanted to go against that and kinda put my own touch on it. The whole Lethal Love series is based on my album, it's my album put into this series. You don't have to get it, it's just a story to all my songs and you can appreciate the artistic approach towards it.

Chris Moyles: Well I think they're really entertaining, so what does your album sound like?

Glamazon: I would say it's a mix of synthpop and hip hop, my songs have a kinda talk/rap feel to them and it's got an electronic touch on them. It's very different I would say compared to some of the stuff that's out there at the moment. But I wouldn't call myself a rap artist or anything because that's not what I am and it's not what I'm trying to be.

Chris Moyles: And to those who have never heard of you, how would you describe yourself?

Glamazon: I actually posted a message on Twitter the other day that said violence plus music plus fashion equals Glamazon and that's a really good way of summing me up.

Chris Moyles: There's constant comparisons these days so how do you feel about being compared to Miss Vanity?

Glamazon: She's an independent and creative woman and I really like that about her but I'd rather be myself, thanks.

Chris Moyles: I think you're a bit better, don't you think?

Glamazon: Oh I couldn't possibly say sweetheart. (laughs)

Chris Moyles: Your lead single "Lethal Love" is supposed to be out next month, where are you releasing it?

Glamazon: I am clueless at the moment but I can definitely confirm a UK and US release but everywhere else, I have no clue.

Chris Moyles: How big would you like to become?

Glamazon: I would hate that, I really would. I could care less if my releases got to the top, I want to be one of those artists that aren't overexposed that aren't everywhere and people get bored of them. I'd like people to crave more of me and want another album sooner than I'd give them an album. That's what keeps some artists from burning out too quickly because you take time away for yourself and you take time away to create a fantastic album whilst the fans silently cry inside for another album. It's cruel to be kind but you're doing it for them at the end of the day and you want to be able to live your life and give quality music to your fans. I don't want to have a number one album because then I'd feel maybe people around me would put pressure on me to do that again and I want to be able to release an album freely and not care where it charts without having all of this pressure on me, I guess I want to be more of an underground artist, but then again I am talking to you on Radio One! (laughs)

Chris Moyles: That's true! (laughs) What music do you listen to in your spare time and do you listen to yourself?

Glamazon: I do listen to myself, why be ashamed of your own music? I love the music that I make and I won't make a song unless I feel like I really love it and could actually enjoy listening to it myself. I'm the biggest fan of Aerospliff, Live Youth and Failed Youth, so many youths! (laughs) I've also got a massive crush on Ryan Ross Hernandez, do I sound stupid now? (laughs)

Chris Moyles: You wouldn't be the first girl to tell me that! I'm a bit jealous of him actually. (laughs) So you've got a busy and exciting next few months coming up I guess, is that right? What else will you be doing apart from releasing the music?

Glamazon: I just want to release the album and do some more directing because that's something I love to do. Whether that will mean more Lethal Love episodes or a whole new project, who knows. I'd also love to do a tour for the album so that would be something that I'd really love to do I guess, some intimate venues.

Chris Moyles: Hook me up with some tickets then Glam!

Glamazon: Will do Chris! You'll be right at the top of my list to give some VIP tickets to. (laughs)

Chris Moyles: Oh, great! Who would you most like to collaborate with?

Glamazon: Gemma Ferns, she's like the ultimate rock chick isn't she? She's got this really cool style and sound and somehow I think we'd blend well together on a track.

Chris Moyles: That would be interesting for sure! Oh and I've been meaning to ask this, where did you get the name Glamazon from?

Glamazon: My friends gave me the nickname! God knows why but I loved it and stuck with it.

Chris Moyles: Well you could certainly be given a worse nickname, I remember mine at school but I won't share it! (laughs)

Glamazon: Oh dear. (laughs)

Chris Moyles: Is your album finished now?

Glamazon: Yes, all done.

Chris Moyles: So why aren't you releasing it already? We need it now woman!

Glamazon: Well you know there's the whole building hype process and discussions with the label to prepare it all, we're just preparing the music video shoot at the moment for my lead single, it's hard work but it gives me something to do and I enjoy it. A lot of early mornings though! (laughs)

Chris Moyles: Now you know how I feel having to host my own radio breakfast show!

Glamazon: You poor thing. (laughs)

Chris Moyles: Well Glamazon it's been lovely chatting to you and I look forward to seeing some more Lethal Love episodes with more men killing and of course your debut single and album, take care!

Glamazon: Thanks Chris, you too hun.

Follow Glamazon by clicking here.
Lethal Love episodes every Monday.
"Lethal Love" the debut single is out next month.
The self-titled debut album is out later this year.

OOC: Comments much appreciated!

Edited by user 24 June 2010 10:04:09(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline forkboy  
#2 Posted : 24 June 2010 10:16:43(UTC)
forkboy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
You only spoke to him on the phone? Missed opportunity. If you got to speak to him direct in the studio you could have punched the horrible cunt in the face.
Offline GirlSpice  
#3 Posted : 24 June 2010 10:17:36(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
You only spoke to him on the phone? Missed opportunity. If you got to speak to him direct in the studio you could have punched the horrible cunt in the face.

Glamazon: What happened between you two?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline forkboy  
#4 Posted : 24 June 2010 10:40:36(UTC)
forkboy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
I listened to his radio show once.

Ugh. That's 10 minutes of my life I'll never get back you know. Just an incredibly dull, egotistical obnoxious shouty arse who thinks he's a witty man but is in actuality about as funny as Nuts magazine. Also, the man has the most horrendous grasp of irony.

But then in fairness, Radio One doesn't really exist to please the Mors Omnibus's of the world. Though once upon a time it had glorious cutting edge comedy from Lee & Herring, Simon Munnery, Chris Morris and others, now it's got Chris Moyles and "Comedy" Dave and Fearne Cotton.

Disheartening to think that license payers money is wasted on catering to the lowest common denominator, that is what commercial radio should be for.