logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 02 July 2010 07:19:05(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Green Leaf on Rolling stone!!

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Maria, Leon, Luis, & Rebecca (In order of Pictures)

It seemed like the Green Leaf band were stuck like PB & J when they released their debut album "Spectrum Overflow" which has sold over a staggering 3 million copies worldwide. The band who is currently on tour spawned a couple of hit singles (including the #1 Hit on the US Hot 100 "No Joke") and managed to break into the scene after their very critical debut album was released. However according to their manager, Green Leaf were close into announcing a break up.

"It's really difficult to explain, especially since I'm not really involved with the music and my job is just basically to protect Green Leaf from any legal issues or any issues period. But from what I see they just feel like fame isn't really for them in many ways. But they love music and making it, so that will never stop. I mean everyone has their moment but like family, they discuss things and move on. I mean it's unfortunate but that's what is happening. It's life. Sometimes things just don't work out. However all the fans are never to be forgotten.There was one time though that, we sat together on a dining table one night to discuss the future of the band and this huge argument broke loose. Everyone was yelling, things were being thrown...let's just say it wasn't really pretty. Everyone went their separate ways for a week. Luckily we were on break to cool off. But still No one wanted to speak to each other. They had a couple of shows to do but their performances were lacking because they were not cooperating with each other like they were suppose to. I had to sit down with them and ask them is this what they wanted. I mean Bands have fight all the times but this fight was too much and everyone was almost ready to just throw in the towel. After a huge discussion, they decided to stick. It happens." - Manager of Green Leaf

So there you have it, Green Leaf is not breaking up! In fact they are well in the works on their second studio album. Here's a preview of the interview:

What can we expect from the new album?
The new album is going to be amazing! It's called "The Stone Age" It's going to be released next year in January. We're going to begin recording in Late September. This album is going to have a darker sound and unlike our debut album the focus is more on us. Our first album "Spectrum Overflow", was about society and the industry. With this album we're going to be more personal and we're mainly going to be talking about love.

What made you guys call the album "The Stone Age"?
Well love is a brutal subject and love has evolved over the years. What was love back then isn't love today. We feel like some of us are stuck in the past. Our inspiration really came from that. We don't want to get too much into detail, but yeah...

Your debut album sold over 3 Million copies, was that expected?
The album had a lot of positive feedback form critics and from our fans so we actually sort of did, but not when we were making the album.

More on the full issue soon!

Edited by user 02 July 2010 07:22:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified