logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ALX  
#1 Posted : 06 July 2010 06:11:38(UTC)
ALX

Groups: Registered
Man

Ryan pulled up to a club, the club where Long Nights had started out in, and decided to see who was playing for old time's sake. Before he even got to the door he was ready to rock, no matter what kind of band was playing. A four person band was just getting onstage when he entered. He sat down at the bar and ordered a drink as the first few familiar chords rang out. The song was I Was Wrong by Social Distortion. Ryan turned to look at the stage and saw the entire band having fun and rocking out. It was loud, it was awesome, it was just like Long Nights when they started out. Ryan was ready to buy the band's future album before the singer began. He was a devoted follower when the singer began.

The club was jumping and Ryan drained his beer and joined them. The singer was full of life and energy and was jumping around the stage with the crowd. When the solo came around the guitarist took center stage and put on a show that Warren hadn't ever come close to. Ryan hadn't seen such raw jow in a performance in a long time. The song finished and the singer saluted the crowd. He said to the crowd "Sergant Dog Bryant reporting for vocalist duties, sir!" He passed the mic to the guitarist "Private Shady Harris reporting for guitarist duties, sir!" Shady passed the mic to the bassist "Lieutenant Jeff Zampora reporting for bassist duties, sir!" Jeff passed the mic to the drummer "Hi, I'm Karl Hine." The crowd and band laughed over it. Dog took the mic again "And we are The World According To St. Jimmy."

After he said this, the guitarist played another familiar riff. This one belonged to Holiday from Green Day.

Hear the sound of the falling rain
coming down like an Armageddon flame
The Shame
The Ones who dies without a name

Hear the dogs howling out of key
to a hymn called "Faith and Misery"
And bleed
The company lost the war today

Dog then shouted "Come on, you know the words, so sing along!" and Ryan did.

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies
This is the dawning of the rest of our lives
on holiday!

The band finished the rest of the song with the same energy and then immediately broke into another song afterwards. This one, however, was an original song. Dog shouted to the crowd "This song is called JUDY!"

Judy is a punk with some political aspirations
'Cause she wants to make the world a better place for all her friends
While other punks try to blast it from the outside going in
She's found a better mean to satisfy her ends!

Judy has a plan
Judy has a plan
Judy has a plan to change the world
Judy has a plan
Judy has a plan
And it doesn't lynch the man

The band finished the rest of the song and the Ryan went backstage to meet them.

END OF PART ONE
RP Only Since July 2010

The Owner Of:

Long Nights- [alt-rock/post-grunge- think Foo Fighters meets Creature with the Atom Brain] MTN Climber
-Ryan Page: Vocals/Guitar/Keys
-Warren Mcgriff- Guitar
-Christopher I. Myers- Bass
-Blake Renwick- Drums

The World According To St. Jimmy- [Pop-punk/punk- Think Green Day meets Social Distortion]
-Michael "Dog" Bryant: Vocals
-Shawn "Shady" Harris: Guitar
-Jeff Zamora: Bass
-Karl Hine: Drums

forkboy wrote:
STOP MISSING THE FUCKING POINT YOU INTENTIONALLY OBTUSE BUFFOON

Paradox wrote:
*Shotgun clicks*

Dont mess with prog

The Skulls wrote:
Why thank you. Wait, if I'm alive then -- oh lawdy BRRRAAAAIIINZZZ

Offline ALX  
#2 Posted : 06 July 2010 07:21:08(UTC)
ALX

Groups: Registered
Man

Dog was relaxing backstage, drinking beer and sharing stories with the band when Shady tapped him on the shoulder and said "Aw shit, dude. It's Ryan Page."

Dog: "You serious?!" He turned to look, and sure enough, there was Ryan walking right toward them. This whole experience was like a crazy awesome dream, and Dog pinched himself on the arm, just to make sure he was awake. Ryan came up to him and shook his hand.

"How're ya doing?" Ryan said with a smile on his face.

"C-cool. I'm Michael, Michael Bryant." Dog said, nervous out of his mind.

"Really? I thought your name was Dog." Ryan laughed. "Come on, I want to get you guys some drinks."

At the bar, the bartender asked Dog what he wanted. "Beer, any kind...except Coors, Coors sucks." Dog replied. Ryan clapped him on the back and began to laugh "My sentiments exactly! I like you already." The beers arrived and Ryan drained his in a minute. Dog was impressed to say the least. Ryan, now seemingly just as sober as before looked at them and said "I wanna get you guys in the studio."

"Really?!" Jeff shouted, jumping off of his stool, and the club patrons looked at him, he sat down embarressed and sipped his beer.

"Yeah..." Ryan said, slightly confused and surprised after Jeff's sudden outburst. "I want to start by recording an EP and see how it goes."

"This is crazy. Are you sure?" Karl asked, looking a little nervous.

"I'm sure," Ryan said, then sensing his nervousness "Don't worry, it'll be fine. Plus, it gets easier the more you record."

"Cool, man. Can't wait to check out the studio." Shady said.

The night went on, and when the club closed, the group was forced to leave. They went their seperate ways, Dog and company were now the luckiest band in the world, and Ryan was going to get to be a producer for a new band that he met where he started. That night was the best night any of them had ever had.

Edited by user 06 July 2010 07:21:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RP Only Since July 2010

The Owner Of:

Long Nights- [alt-rock/post-grunge- think Foo Fighters meets Creature with the Atom Brain] MTN Climber
-Ryan Page: Vocals/Guitar/Keys
-Warren Mcgriff- Guitar
-Christopher I. Myers- Bass
-Blake Renwick- Drums

The World According To St. Jimmy- [Pop-punk/punk- Think Green Day meets Social Distortion]
-Michael "Dog" Bryant: Vocals
-Shawn "Shady" Harris: Guitar
-Jeff Zamora: Bass
-Karl Hine: Drums

forkboy wrote:
STOP MISSING THE FUCKING POINT YOU INTENTIONALLY OBTUSE BUFFOON

Paradox wrote:
*Shotgun clicks*

Dont mess with prog

The Skulls wrote:
Why thank you. Wait, if I'm alive then -- oh lawdy BRRRAAAAIIINZZZ