logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#1 Posted : 12 July 2010 03:01:46(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
NME Radio Interviews Daniel Over the Phone

Claire Sturgess: this is NME raido we are here with with the Anti-social Daniel. Well..... hello Daniel! Good Morning!

Daniel: Good morning! Good Morning UK!

Claire Sturgess: So, we’re here to talk about your album. Now, anti-social has been critically praised by many critics and the album has nearly sold over 45,000 copies worldwide. Basically a success, so congratulations! Did you expect the massive positive feedback or even the success?

Daniel: Well thank you! From the fans I had before? Not really. I’m just like anyone else, making an album and enjoying the music.

Claire Sturgess: Can you describe to us what the album means to you, what inspired you and what are you trying to portray?

Daniel: Almost all my life as a kid I was someone who I really wasn’t. As an adult, its been nothing but really trying to find out who I really am. It’s been nothing but brutal and I had decided to stay away from everyone as much as possible over last year. I don’t socialize and that’s really where the inspiration of this whole album comes from. They way I perform reflects that as well. I was also inspired believe it or not, by the moon during my minor Insomnia days.

Claire Sturgess: Now. Why do you think some people think you are a freak, or that you are outrageous? Why do you think some people have a hard time understanding your music? And what’s the biggest misconception about you?

Daniel: I think people think I am a freak because they probably never met a person like me OR they are caught up to believe that I’m trying to be different. I think some people don’t understand my music because it’s not meant for them. Which I understand and I don’t have a problem with! That’s how it works. And I think the biggest misconception about me is that I don’t make my own artwork. That really annoys me. I make my own art at home. While I can, I don’t hire other artists, photographers to do my art.

Claire Sturgess: Cool and Talking about that....... Like what inspired you to make your artwork?

Daniel: You know some people are born with creative minds. I don’t sit down and think for my artwork that much. It comes to me. Things I desire, things I hate, Things I love one day and hate the other. Those are things that inspire me really. LIFE! There’s a whole world out there! My artwork also portrays two things and one thing you might catch and the other you might not. It’s really up to you to understand and portray it a certain way. The ones who get me, are the ones I want to make music for. My artwork is a reflection of things I am or things I want to be. I don’t just take a picture to take a picture. That’s why picture quality doesn’t really matter to me. I can choose to make most of my pictures fancy and high budget, but what’s the point? The only artwork that was close to being high budget was the artwork for "ROARR".

Claire Sturgess: Now recently, you were arrested for stealing bananas. I hope it’s not to soon to talk about this but what were you thinking? *laughs*

Danie: Basically I was shooting a scene for a music video. It was an experiment and I was willing to suffer the consequences. But It’s funny to me how people believe everything Perez Hilton says. There is much more and much less to the story. And I’m not seeing a judge. I was charged on bail and basically this is over. It was my first time featured on the website by the way and It kind of felt awkward.

Claire Sturgess: I see. Would say your childhood have an influence in your music now?

Daniel: Most definitely. I think people’s childhood have an influence in their music. I mean that’s part of your life and it will always remain no matter what. I myself grew up with a religious single mom and with two younger sisters. That really made a huge impact in my life period, not just musically. But it really isn’t such a bad thing, and I’ll admit it took me a while to realize that. But anyways, growing up I was restricted from “world music”………...that’s what my mom called it. So basically anything that wasn’t Christian was restricted from my home. But like any other kid I didn’t obey and I of course I did it anyways. We also didn’t have any cable TV most of the time growing up, so It was really boring. I had to cook, clean and care for my sister while my mom was working. I was basically like a second parent . But that’s what had to be done to survive. I also wasn’t allowed to buy any type of music albums, so that was something I craved to do. This is what people don’t understand my music addiction. You always want what you can get. And when I was younger I wanted music. That’s why I think I didn’t do drugs. But anyways, I bought a few albums behind my mom’s back though *giggles*. But thank god we had a radio and that’s what really saved me. I would listen to “world music” all day, behind my mom‘s back. And that’s what really again made me crave for it. Some people had the privilege to listen to anything they wanted and I had to fight and feel guilty about it.

Claire Sturgess: Fans want to know. What was the first album you bought?

Daniel: They probably already know this but The first album I bought, was Britney.

Claire Sturgess: Do you still have it?

Daniel: I had to throw it away, unfortunately.

Claire Sturgess: Your mom caught you?

Daniel: Nope, but she was close, and the guilt that she might find it is what made me throw it away. I regret doing that though.

Claire Sturgess: Wait.....You like Britney Spears?

Daniel: I love Britney Spears.

Claire Sturgess: Above anyone else?

Danie: Almost above Jesus. *Giggles* Just kidding.

Claire Sturgess: I’m sorry that’s just quite shocking, the music you made and you like Britney Spears?

Daniel: Um yes……. Britney spears is my favorite gimmick yes.

Claire Sturgess: Ok so we’re going to play a little interview game. You pick between the two. You can only pick one and you can only use the word neither once. Ok……So here we go! Mustaches or Beards

Dnaiel: Beards

Claire Sturgess: Vanilla or Chocolate

Daniel: Vanilla

Claire Sturgess: Boys or Girls

Daniel: Bananas

Claire Sturgess: Ok……Britney Spears or…

Daniel: Britney Spears

Claire Sturgess: Long Hair or Short Hair

Daniel: Long Hair

Claire Sturgess: Tattoo or Piercing?

Daniel: Tattoo

Claire Sturgess: Drums or Guitar?

Daniel: Drums.

Claire Sturgess: Well thank you for participating, we had a blast, hope you come to the UK so we could meet you!

Daniel: Same, thank you!

Claire Sturgess: Is there anythign you'll like us to play?

Daniel: Play ROARR! Thank you!

Edited by user 12 July 2010 03:03:19(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : 15 July 2010 09:57:12(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

NME Announcement:

Make sure to tune in to NME Radio tomorrow, Daniel will be playing live for NME. Acoustic versions of "ROAAR", "The Last Trimester" and "Anti-social" and much more!
Offline GirlSpice  
#3 Posted : 15 July 2010 10:35:39(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Glamazon: I have to agree with the answer, amazing! Can't wait to hear the acoustic versions of your songs.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
#4 Posted : 15 July 2010 10:41:15(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

GirlSpice wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Glamazon: I have to agree with the answer, amazing! Can't wait to hear the acoustic versions of your songs.

Daniel: Aw thank you :) It means a lot, can't wait to hear your music.