logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline GirlSpice  
#1 Posted : 15 July 2010 11:41:47(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Q: Thanks for your time Glamazon and all I can say is, wow at the visually stunning episodes of Lethal Love that you're providing us with. What is the purpose of this online web series?
A: Why thank you! I always get so excited when revealing them to the fans because not only is there often a little snippet in the episode of a song on my album but I'm giving them an insight into my imagination for a few minutes. They get a real feel of the whole idea of the album and what mood I'm trying to achieve and these episodes are really expressing that perfectly.

Q: Episode 10 is going to be revealed soon and will be the final episode for the first season, why have you decided to end season one here?

A: Well now I'm getting really busy because I'm now going into rehearsals to prepare for performances to promote the lead single. I'm also ending here to give myself time to become inspired again and to shoot future episodes for the next season. I'm hoping that I'll be able to be an opening act for someone and then I'll be able to get my music out there to those who haven't heard of me yet, I'm really determined.

Q: Many say that you're sexist and are a man hater as you are often seen killing men in your Lethal Love episodes, is this true?
A: I do kill men in my episodes, yes, but it's not because I hate them because in no way am I sexist. I guess you could say I'm a feminist, I'm expressing that women can be a force to be reckoned with as well as men, we can be dangerous and lethal in our own way.

Q: Is it fun for you to shoot the episodes?
A: Of course, sometimes you can really hate men because of past relationships and you want to take your anger out, and doing all of these pretend deaths on different men really does help! I advise all women to try it sometime!

Q: Where do you get the inspiration from to shoot these episodes?
A: I guess you could say that I get them from my dreams, I turn them into real life art for my fans to watch. It's that and a mixture of me visualising what a song on my album would be like if it was played as movie.

Q: Was it hard at first for record labels to understand your style?
A: Definitely, I got turned down by many labels because I wasn't mainstream enough for them. I wasn't their little perfect money making machine pop star that they wanted me to become, I had artistic views and I wanted to express them but some just didn't get my sound and my style. Juction Records really understand who I am as an artist, they have given me the opportunity to have all of these Lethal Love episodes well funded and they have a lot of faith and trust in me which is something no money can buy.

Q: Your lead single "Lethal Love" is said to be released early next month, what's it about and what does it sound like?
A: I guess it's about a past relationship of mine and how love can play with your emotions so much that it can become lethal and dangerous, maybe even kill you from depression. I felt like that at that time and I just had to write my emotions onto a piece of paper, this was a few years ago but with a dramatic and kind of mysterious electronic beat in the background, it created this dramatic pop track that I've just fallen in love with and hope that others do the same.

Q: What should we expect from your album?
A: I write songs and keep in mind if it would sound good as a movie soundtrack. I like the whole effect that the music can have on a movie but if you put a movie on mute, that effect is really gone, the music is everything. I wanted to do something like that but put it into synthpop music and create an album that would sound modern and unlike any current pop album out at the moment.

Q: Tell us a bit about your background, who exactly is Glamazon?
A: I was born in London but many of my family live in Florida so I went there often and picked up an American accent, came back to the UK and got an English accent accent and now it's sort of a mix of both but that's fine, I get the best of both worlds. My mother is from Uruguay and my father is from Jamaica but I will forever call London my home and as I'm currently out in L.A, I'm a bit home sick... I miss British chocolate most!

Q: Are you currently dating?

A: No, I'm single. I'm looking for a partner though so if any guys would like to ask me out, that would be fine! Don't worry, I don't kill on a first date.

Q: Is your aim to be successful on the charts?

A: No, not really. Many people have called me an underground version of Miss Vanity, I don't agree but my aim certainly is not to become mainstream and to whore my music out everywhere, I just want a nice little strong fanbase that will appreciate my music and my visual art and that alone would make me a very happy woman. Success shouldn't always be measured on the charts but it should be if you have accomplished your own personal goal, I've managed to visually express myself with my Lethal Love series which I'm so proud of and also make music that I adore and I've done all of this whilst being nothing but myself.

Q: Where do you see yourself in a few years from now?
A: Carrying on in the industry with my burning passion for music. Many great albums under my belt, a world tour and to become someone who has changed the industry for the better.

Edited by user 15 July 2010 11:50:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline The Nimrods  
#2 Posted : 15 July 2010 11:45:48(UTC)
The Nimrods

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Jimmy:You're a lovely person and make great music, but I'm afraid you'll kill me.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#3 Posted : 15 July 2010 11:47:59(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Daniel: Hey Glamazon. Love your attitude and you seem to carry yourself well, I would love to take you on a date. You are the type of girl I'm into. But even before that i don't mind getting to know you a little more. I actually find the killing kind of cute!
Offline GirlSpice  
#4 Posted : 15 July 2010 11:52:13(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Daniel: Hey Glamazon. Love your attitude and you seem to carry yourself well, I would love to take you on a date. You are the type of girl I'm into. But even before that i don't mind getting to know you a little more. I actually find the killing kind of cute!

Glamazon: I would definitely be interested in that, I'll look forward to it. ;)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
#5 Posted : 15 July 2010 11:57:06(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

GirlSpice wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Glamazon: I would definitely be interested in that, I'll look forward to it. ;)

Daniel: Nice! Also I never knew you were from Florida. You have family in Florida, so that's something we already have in common. *giggles* Looking forward to it as well!
#6 Posted : 15 July 2010 12:29:25(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Stephanie Ortiz: I like the fact that you mention you don't want mainstream success, It takes a lot of guts to say that. But either way I know you are in it for the music, so i will be looking forward to your music.
Offline Moquel  
#7 Posted : 15 July 2010 14:56:44(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" We really look up to this woman for her determination and class. We loved the interview and we love Glamazon."
-G2L
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#8 Posted : 15 July 2010 20:24:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8676 time(s) in 2722 post(s)
"I loved the interview, I can't express how much I want to be the Glamazon in the Lethal Love episodes, It looks like a whole lot of fun. Looking forward to the music."
- Stacey