logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 16 July 2010 23:42:12(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8676 time(s) in 2722 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
- From left to right, Zach Taylor, Max Armstrong, Johnny Jacobs and Tom O’Brady

The Rescue Blues are a four-piece Rock/Pop group. The band consists of four New Jersey/New York based musicians, Max Armstrong (The famed frontman of 4th Street Band), Johnny Jacobs (New York based touring musician), Zach Taylor (Jersey based singer-songwriter, guitarist) and Tom O’Brady (4th Street Band drummer).
The band has been formed over the last week by Max Armstrong, he has been close friends with each member of the band and has even tried to sign Johnny Jacobs to his record label Junction Records but Jacobs declined.
They’re a band heavily influenced by 60’s and 70’s rock and pop music and have heavy blues influences. They’re unlikely to tour heavily in the next year or so due to Max and Tom’s commitments with the 4th Street Band but there is the possibility of them playing live during tour breaks from 4th Street Band.
This news comes as a surprise to many Max Armstrong fans as it was expected that he’d take a couple of years out of the music when he become a father later next year. It was expected that once the 4th Street Band finished touring he would spend time with his family, we were lucky enough to talk with Max about this new “Project”.

“For me this has been in the pipeline for a year now, I like to try out different things and I’ve been blessed with working with some amazing musicians, I worked with Marc Rolan before he died, I’ve recently worked with The Bards and I’ve recorded with some other fantastic people. I know I’m going to be busy for a while what with the 4th Street Band tour and the baby next year, but this is a long-term arrangement with my newest band “The Rescue Blues”. Don’t get me wrong I’m still gonna be working with 4th Street Band in the future because right now they’re my main band. But hopefully in the next month I will have done at least one live performance with my new band, we’re already booked to play two nights at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, New Jersey on 24th July and 25th July which would be an amazing way to debut the band.

Questions will be asked like, so who’s in charge of this band, you know who writes the songs, who sings em, The answer to those questions are no one is in full charge of this band, everyone in the band has an equal say on what goes on, Everyone in the band will part-take in song writing, We’ll write songs together and we’ll sometimes write songs individually and for the vocals, we’ve got three people in the band who will share vocal duties. I won’t be the lead singer on every song, sometimes it’ll be Johnny, sometimes it’ll be Me and sometimes it’ll be Zach. It’s very much a democracy.
As for the reasons for forming a new band the reasons behind it is, because it’s a change to broaden my own horizons, this band will be very different from 4th Street Bands stadium rock anthems or my solo stuff, this band will more of a combination between, Pop, Rock and Blues. We’re a band similar to the kind you would have seen in the 60’s and 70’s, it’s very exciting to do this new direction.
We’ve already sat down together in the studio and started writing but you’ll not hear an album from us for another year or two. We’ll look into releasing special singles or EP’s but a full album won’t happen until after the 4th Street Band world tour and after I’ve taken some time out to be a father then maybe an album could happen. But don’t expect too much too soon.”

Edited by user 19 July 2010 20:25:20(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 17 July 2010 05:39:06(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

UPDATE
"Hey guys, I thought I'd just inform you all of how things are coming along, The Rescue Blues have spent today and yesterday creating music, It has been incredible, things have just happened. We've got 3 songs completely finished and another 5 songs almost finished, that's a lot of quick work and I must say all of the songs so far are of a pretty high standard. I'm really looking forward to the next couple of days with this band."
- Max
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 19 July 2010 03:37:29(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

CHART POSITIONS
These are the chart positions following downloads of the Room With A View EP. The full positions will be announced on Wednesday when the CD version of the EP is released.

U.S Billboard 200 - 17
UK Albums Chart - 23
Australian Albums Chart - 31
Canadian Albums Chart - 28
Itunes Download Chart - 14

OOC: It's a RP only band so I hope the positions aren't too unrealistic.

Edited by user 19 July 2010 03:38:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified