logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Synxhard  
#41 Posted : 03 August 2010 05:10:37(UTC)
Synxhard

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
OOC: Haha, wow, thanks for all the positive comments guys, I'm really happy you all liked it. I was hoping this thread would get a bit more action, but hey, it's the first major festival other than Cure For Cancer in quite some time. Also, I wanna give big kudos to Aj for putting all this together, there's clearly a lo of effort in this thread, and I think it's really cool some quality rp's were shared, definitely all the r's before mine were a driving force for getting me off my ass and doing anything, haha. Really, it's just a loss for the people who didn't get the opportunity to be a part of this, but I'm sure there's more coming. Nice job guys, and once again, thanks for all the feedback.
Offline infinite135  
#42 Posted : 03 August 2010 05:55:53(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Synxhard wrote:
OOC: Haha, wow, thanks for all the positive comments guys, I'm really happy you all liked it. I was hoping this thread would get a bit more action, but hey, it's the first major festival other than Cure For Cancer in quite some time. Also, I wanna give big kudos to Aj for putting all this together, there's clearly a lo of effort in this thread, and I think it's really cool some quality rp's were shared, definitely all the r's before mine were a driving force for getting me off my ass and doing anything, haha. Really, it's just a loss for the people who didn't get the opportunity to be a part of this, but I'm sure there's more coming. Nice job guys, and once again, thanks for all the feedback.

OOC: You did an amazing job, dude. I'm still working on my live rp and stuff, I haven't completely forgotten about it. After reading what you did, I really want to make sure my show is epic.
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline Laurelles1  
#43 Posted : 03 August 2010 06:33:05(UTC)
Laurelles1

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
OOC: Shit man, sorry. I didn´t realise that these dates clashed with my holiday. I seriously apologise.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#44 Posted : 03 August 2010 06:36:12(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
OOC: If possible, I´ll post my RP in a new thread when I get back. Fuck it... yet again, sorry man.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Andre Gandra  
#45 Posted : 03 August 2010 06:59:45(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Yulia: I watched Miss Vanity performace.. she is a inspiration for us.. definetly!!

Magie: The bebst performace.. Miss Vanity.. We love her..

Lilly: I wish someday Electrodeath would made a huge performace like Miss Vanity did.. Fantastic!!
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
Offline PANIC!  
#46 Posted : 03 August 2010 10:17:05(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
OOC: Late I know, but my roleplay for PANIC! will be up later tonight.
UserPostedImage
Offline erich hess  
#47 Posted : 03 August 2010 14:15:36(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17998 time(s) in 10465 post(s)
ooc:time off for my birthday took me away....and i've got about zero creative energy,so i appoligize for dropping this turd inbetween all these good rp's.

review courtesy of "clowns beating drag queens with lead pipes enthusiast quarterly".

between the fantastic sets of "thunder road" and the "black jets",were "the harlots." the band has kept a relatively low profile since their inception.the band was greeted with a hail of cat calls and various crude requests from the crowd.for what it's worth,nina sangria will respond positively to a handful of drunks yelling "show us your tits!".the rest of the band,wasn't so accommodating. a shame,since erica can really fill out a sweater....but i digress.

before playing,nina(guitar) handed out water bottles to the crowd, while erica explained" you guys might need those,it's fucking hot out here.seeing as nobody knows us,we aren't going to make you suffer through songs you dont know.we're doing covers and passing the savings on to you!". the band opened their set with the clash classic, "white riot". the harlots put their own spin on things,as they have a sound that is best described as the bastard offspring of the sex pistols and the go-go's. the rest of the set was filled with early punk standards...with some oddball songs thrown in."just a girl" is a no brainer. the harlots shortened the tune to about a minute and a half,and tossed in some "oi oi oi" for good measure..for real,they really did. the band's take on "bodom beach terror" was unexpectedly and phenomenally good.the band closed with the pistols' favorite" belson was a gas".

the set was entertaining enough,and the band held the crowd's attention.but something seemed lacking.after the show the band was seen arguing with each other over how shitty it all went.erica and nina got into a pasta fight.(erica won by half drowning nina by holding her head in the sauce.)and jen made chloe cry by teasing her about her drumming.

setlist:
"white riot"- the clash
"saturday's heroes"-the business
"i dont wanna work anymore"-notsensibles
"barroom hero"-dropkick murphys
"so messed up"- the damned
"i can't do anything"- x-ray spex
"here we go again"-op ivy
"nervous breakdown"-black flag
"mr nobody" -major accident
"just a girl"- no doubt
"bodom beach terror"-children of bodom
"belson was a gas"-sex pistols
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.