logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Andre Gandra  
#1 Posted : 11 August 2010 09:52:09(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)

Electrodeath finished definitely their relationship with their Record label, with the last concert of their tour “loves Me Not”, in their self defense, the band Said that they were suffering “inspiration controlled” by the label’s executives, this was the reason they decided not to renew the contract. The good thing is that now we have a free Electrodeath, writing new material for a further release, and what can we expect from a band formed by three girls who were born in different countries and received different culture education?

To answer this and other questions, MTV made an interview with the girls, one hour before their last concert started. We can see Magie the main vocalist very nervous, probably because of the 20.000 people who were waiting the performance, Electrodeath is new band after all, but everything happened very quickly to them this year, with more than 5 million copies of albums sold, four platinum singles released, these girls watched their world turn upside down in couple of months, Yulia the most crazy girl in their group appears very calm, drinking some wine and smoking, which in her words, “It’s a very ugly habit, I’m trying to stop”, we would forgive her, after all a concert to 20.000 people in a country so far from home like Japan, it’s difficult, and finally we have Lilly very shy, but very creative, she is responsible for the most writing process of the band’s music; after some introductions we start our questionnaire.

MTV: First of all, you girl are really beautiful!

UserPostedImage
Yulia: Too sweet, I don’t really feel beautiful right now.

UserPostedImage
Magie: Yep Yulia, you should stop smoking!

MTV: Right, You girls, from different nations, different cultures, languages, how do you deal with the “cultural shock” between you, because as you’re touring for almost one year, you spend some time together, how is the life on the road for Electrodeath?

Magie: Actually, we are very different in a lot of aspects, a simple one, just like the feeding, to a complicated one like religion, but I think this is the best thing for us, we have always a lot of things to learn with each other, and of course we are together for five years, and we know that we have to deal with differences, the whole world should deal with differences, respecting the others, that’s our first survivor commandment!

MTV: good, a lot of news in media, speculate that you girl had a fight with you record label, and that this was the main reason you guys didn’t renew the contract< what is true, and what is lies?

Magie: Well, I’m not gonna lie to you, it was not as “fight” it was a misunderstood, they wanted us to follow a direction creatively speaking, and we want to do things that we can truly say it’s ours, you know, they wanted contract writers, high producers, it was a commercial direction they wanted us to follow, we do want to continues on mainstream and we know that the “second album” is a mark for a new artist, especially if this artist is successful, but before of making success, we want to make music, this is the reason that we live for, we don’t sing songs from others writers, so we decided to stay out of labels, but recently a record label offered us a good deal, and we accepted to work with their support, it’s very unusual, but I think that would great! It’s the SMA Records.

MTV: So you guys signed with a Metal Label, what can we expect from Electrodeath’ second album?

Magie: Our musical identity will be kept, one of the reasons we decided to move to SMA, was that they let us work as we want to. So of course we have some ideas of new directions to take musically and visually, but the main Electronic sound that made Electrodeath hit the mainstream will be kept, we cannot deny the fact that we are first an Electronic band, and then we can mix some other genre with our Electric vibe.

MTV: So we can expect a “Do Not Regret” vibe with some new genre!?

Magie: We don’t have any concept right now, and we don’t have anything written thought to explain the direction the album will take, it’s on its first stages of productions, we have the contract, and that is the principal thing we should have. Now we can calmly finish our tour, take a month o holyday and finally get some inspiration to write songs.

Yulia: We are going to travel to my family’s farm, in Russia, spend some time together there to get inspiration, when we got some songs written; we let you know... haha

MTV: OK, recently you made a performance on Animal Festival, and Cure for Cancer Festival, what can you say about join big festival with established bands?

Magie: It’s like a big party, in Cure for Cancer we were really tired, I remember, we were releasing the “reloaded” version of our debut album, we were in the middle of the promotion, and recording a music video, but the energy of that audience was so warm, it was a beautiful moment of this tour, in animal Festival, we had the chance to meet Miss Vanity, which nowadays is our main influence, it was fantastic, and the our performance was stunning, we didn’t miss a musical note, and we did just like a “Ibiza Party” it was very fun!

Yulia: Fans throw on stages a lot of gifts, it was very curious to receive those things; I mean we received some strange objects… haha... I feel a little shy talking about them.

MTV: ahh, you need to talk!

Yulia: A fan met us in our camarine and one of the gifts he brought to us, was underwear, very tight, it was embarrassing!

MTV: You have a lot of fans around the world, and I have to say they’re completely crazy about you girls, we let them send questions to you and we received hundred thousands of massages from them, it’s unbelievable! We select five of them to ask you. Are you ready?

Magie: Always ready to answer question from fans...

Yulia: sometimes they scare me… but their dedication and love is so sweet! We do like them very much!

MTV: OK, this is a question from Anna, she is Brazilian girl living in São Paulo, she asks “I love very much “Lost in This Dance”, and I wanted to know what is the meaning of the lyrics and if this was a song written for a lover” she says that she loves Lilly, and send kisses to all of you.

UserPostedImage
Lilly: OHH, Thank you sweet, kisses to you.

Magie: Well, “Lost In This Dance” is a very romantic song, but there is no one in special at all, it’s just written by the perception of a person trying to find a true love, and this reflects in the whish that we all have, in Fact we all want to live a true love, until we find it, we keep on searching.

Yulia: Basically I made the melody and Magie and Lilly putted a lyric above it, it came very simply.

MTV: Good, next question from USA, Arizona, Catherine asks you Yulia “Who makes your clothes?”

Yulia: HAHA, my clothes, well I wear myself with stuffs I buy in thrift shops, it’s the real truth, hhahah, there isn’t any stylist or something behind my visual…

MTV: Thrift shops... another question from Mexico, City of Mexico, and Juan asks you “What do you think about your songs being played in GLS clubs, and what do you think about your gay fans?”

Magie: That’s a good question, once we make electronic music, not saying that this is a gay genre, no, but a lot of gay people feel connected to this type of songs, and I thinks this is great! We don’t have anything against Homosexuality, in fact I think everyone has its life and Love can come from any part and go through any direction! We don’t feel ashamed, we love our gay fans.

Lilly: Actually, we played in some Gay clubs in the beginning of our tour, and they were so receptive with us, so gentle… it was amazing!

MTV: OK, another one from USA, California, Hugos wants to know “Do you have any idea about your second album, and about a new music video?”

Magie: Well, we won’t be releasing any video from now to sometime further, because we are going to write a new album right now, but as soon as we get something ready we let you all know!

MTV: Last Question, direct to Magie, from USA, Texas, Caroline wants to know “What you make to be so beautiful and what the band thinks about being reference to a lot of young kids around the world?”

Magie: OHH, too sweet... I don’t have any beauty ritual except with my hair... but that’s just a hair design stuff, haha, and about the reference, that’s a good math, I mean we have a lot of fans under major age, it is very cool, ‘cause sounds that we are very actual, makes me feel younger haha, but we would like people pay attention in our songs, not in acts that we make in life, or acts that we could make, we’re human being, that means that we can make mistakes, I just hope when one of us, made a mistake, kids around the world think only that were humans!

MTV: So then, have a good concert and thank you very much.

Yulia: You’re welcome…

Lilly: Thanks to you and to all the beautiful fans we have around the world!

Magie: Thank you very much, and thanks all of the fans for their support and love.
Finished the Talk, the girls took place to a 20.000 crowd, in Tokyo, Japan, a fantastic last concert for hush year of work that Electrodeath made! See you in the next MTV show!
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)