logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline damientheomen3  
#1 Posted : 11 August 2010 18:09:12(UTC)
damientheomen3

Groups: Registered

In case you're wondering where that collective, loud 'who?' came from, it was from those people who have heard Damien Walec is releasing his first album. He is an unknown artist so far, with his most recent single, You, debuting just ouyside the UK top 100. He is, however, a talented solo artist and has written some very good songs for his album. It is set to be released next week if all goes well, although, knowing how sporadic Walec is, he could delay it for a week or two in order to write more songs for it. When asked about the album, Walec had this to say:

"I'm very excited about the upcoming album. I've put in a lot of work, and I've done a lot of shows to gain myself some popularity here in the UK. I'm pretty sure the album won't sell extremely well, but my goal is to get it into the top 100 in the country. If I can do that, I'll definitely be satisfied."

Critics that have given a listen to the current structure of the album, have had positive words to say about it. One said, "I was pleasantly surprised by this one. Walec's voice is soothing, and yet it isn't boring. There is something interesting in the sound of his voice and his lyrics are expertly written. I'd give the album 4.5 stars, and I'd also like to point out that the song 'You' is one of the best songs I've heard all year." Another critic said, "The album has it's high points as well as its lows, but it is a pretty strong record collectively. It won't have you jumping out of your seat, but you'll definitely want to give it a few listens. I give it 3 stars."

It wasn't all positive comments, however. An esteemed critic said this of Walec's debut album: "You listen to the first track, You, and think, it was pretty good, I wonder what else is coming from this album. However, You is the only good song on this rubbish record. Don't spend your money on it; you'd get more worth from your cash by putting it into a shredder. Absolutely awful. I give it 1 star."

When asked what he had to say about the critic who wrote that review, Walec said: "Well, he's a cynical asshole, so I don't really take it too much to heart. I mean, really, how credible can this guy be? He also said that Linkin Park had no chance of garnering a fan base, so he obviously has no knowledge whatsoever of the music business. I don't let morons like him get to me."

Edited by user 11 August 2010 18:09:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified