logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mt. Epic  
#1 Posted : 03 September 2010 04:13:55(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Hey. It's me again. I know some of you may have forgotten me, but I hope to get to know you again.

As some of you may have known, I was starting to develop depression as I left (which is really the reason I left), and although I learned quite a lot about life and people during those times, and my songs at that time that i wrote sounded pretty fuckin amazing, it was a very painful experience and i must say it was the darkest period of young life so far (i hope it would just be THE darkest period, but idk the future's plans). Well, know i'm back. I got a couple of epiphanies, a couple of broken hearts and a couple of successes all along the way, and i'm glad to be back here.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline C4AJoh  
#2 Posted : 03 September 2010 04:17:36(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8625 time(s) in 2703 post(s)
Mt. Epic wrote:
Hey. It's me again. I know some of you may have forgotten me, but I hope to get to know you again.

As some of you may have known, I was starting to develop depression as I left (which is really the reason I left), and although I learned quite a lot about life and people during those times, and my songs at that time that i wrote sounded pretty fuckin amazing, it was a very painful experience and i must say it was the darkest period of young life so far (i hope it would just be THE darkest period, but idk the future's plans). Well, know i'm back. I got a couple of epiphanies, a couple of broken hearts and a couple of successes all along the way, and i'm glad to be back here.

Welcome back, I hope your ok now. There's nothing worse than being in that state of mind, I've not been like totally depressed or down in the past but the very few times I have been depressed I found it very annoying to say the least. But like I say welcome back and hopefully this can be a good distraction for ya.

EDIT: Also if you get depressed again I reccomend Born To Run or Darkness On The Edge Of Town by Bruce Springsteen, you probably don't like him but it fits the mood.

Edited by user 03 September 2010 04:18:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Mt. Epic  
#3 Posted : 03 September 2010 04:39:36(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

C4AJoh wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

Welcome back, I hope your ok now. There's nothing worse than being in that state of mind, I've not been like totally depressed or down in the past but the very few times I have been depressed I found it very annoying to say the least. But like I say welcome back and hopefully this can be a good distraction for ya.

EDIT: Also if you get depressed again I reccomend Born To Run or Darkness On The Edge Of Town by Bruce Springsteen, you probably don't like him but it fits the mood.

lol thnx, glad somebody understands wut i went through. I was literally in such a mood all the time that i was ready to just like attack anyone in site and just like kill them. it was really awful, lol. i could try Springsteen now. he's not too bad. kinda an old inspiration if u ask me
UserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#4 Posted : 03 September 2010 04:54:11(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Mt. Epic wrote:
C4AJoh wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

lol thnx, glad somebody understands wut i went through. I was literally in such a mood all the time that i was ready to just like attack anyone in site and just like kill them. it was really awful, lol. i could try Springsteen now. he's not too bad. kinda an old inspiration if u ask me

Yeah, Like I say it probably wasn't on a similar level to what you were feeling, looking back, I was essentially being a self-obsessed knob and it was over a girl (shock horror).
Also I think music plays a massive part in helping you through things, and you can't really go wrong with Springsteen.

Edited by user 03 September 2010 04:55:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline forkboy  
#5 Posted : 03 September 2010 05:57:48(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Fuck Springsteen.

Great depressive music, there's too much of it. The Alice in Chains record Dirt is a mighty fine example. Not too miserable sounding on the whole (title track is something else though) but lyrically it's fucking dark as hell. Love it. Oh and the metally part of me finds groups like Lifelover, Shining (the Swedish band), and Silencer are pretty harrowing to listen to when on a downer. Though as fun as they are they are also potentially likely to send you over the edge (especially the latter band with those creepy-as-fuck screams), which is interesting.

Another great downer record is Electro-Shock Blues by Eels, written just after Mark Everett's sister had commited suicide and his dad died, I think from cancer.
Offline Mt. Epic  
#6 Posted : 03 September 2010 05:58:05(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

C4AJoh wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
C4AJoh wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

Yeah, Like I say it probably wasn't on a similar level to what you were feeling, looking back, I was essentially being a self-obsessed knob and it was over a girl (shock horror).
Also I think music plays a massive part in helping you through things, and you can't really go wrong with Springsteen.

lol yea. My depression was strongly about my religion and my thoughts of how "everything is in vain" and my sudden realization of my post-death, but really i knew the answer the whole time, i was just scared to believe in it. i'm not gonna go into detail but in other wors, i'm fine.
UserPostedImage

Offline Mt. Epic  
#7 Posted : 03 September 2010 06:02:54(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

forkboy wrote:
Fuck Springsteen.

Great depressive music, there's too much of it. The Alice in Chains record Dirt is a mighty fine example. Not too miserable sounding on the whole (title track is something else though) but lyrically it's fucking dark as hell. Love it. Oh and the metally part of me finds groups like Lifelover, Shining (the Swedish band), and Silencer are pretty harrowing to listen to when on a downer. Though as fun as they are they are also potentially likely to send you over the edge (especially the latter band with those creepy-as-fuck screams), which is interesting.

Another great downer record is Electro-Shock Blues by Eels, written just after Mark Everett's sister had commited suicide and his dad died, I think from cancer.

lol, I listened to Dirt a lot during that time. Never really got into Eels though, although "Novocaine for the soul" was a great song. But honstly, i as so depressed an desperate for help that i listened to the top 40 pop songs so that i wouldn't look like a creeper at a school dance coming up, which there i would feel better around ppl. I did get into Rammstein during this period lol I started getting into Godsmack, Dresden Dolls, Stone Temple Pilots (well, i wasn't already into them), Garbage, Marilyn Manson, KoRn, Apocalyptica, Iron Maiden, Radiohead, and more.

Edited by user 03 September 2010 06:06:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Offline Rincewind  
#8 Posted : 03 September 2010 06:04:39(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
i do love Rammstien, saw them live in Prague, and it was possibly one of the best gigs i have ever been to.
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline forkboy  
#9 Posted : 03 September 2010 06:07:05(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
I really recommend listening to some Eels. Really cool band. Like I say, get Electro-Shock Blues on the download.
Offline Mt. Epic  
#10 Posted : 03 September 2010 06:07:50(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Rincewind wrote:
i do love Rammstien, saw them live in Prague, and it was possibly one of the best gigs i have ever been to.

yeah, i hate their new album though. It's still pretty good, but it was a disgrace for them.
UserPostedImage

Offline Mt. Epic  
#11 Posted : 03 September 2010 06:09:21(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

forkboy wrote:
I really recommend listening to some Eels. Really cool band. Like I say, get Electro-Shock Blues on the download.

i'll try them out then.
UserPostedImage

Offline troy211619  
#12 Posted : 03 September 2010 20:44:55(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
I remember you! I remember you when I started, it was like the first thread I ever read was about Clear Vision though I forgot which one, and I often mistook you for being C4AJoh or TheCDs, and you got really depressed resulting to your 3 month break, welcome back!
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#13 Posted : 04 September 2010 02:10:58(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

troy211619 wrote:
I remember you! I remember you when I started, it was like the first thread I ever read was about Clear Vision though I forgot which one, and I often mistook you for being C4AJoh or TheCDs, and you got really depressed resulting to your 3 month break, welcome back!

Oh man, there's me thinking I was kinda memorable lol.
Offline Mt. Epic  
#14 Posted : 04 September 2010 09:03:09(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

troy211619 wrote:

lol thnx, i remember u too. u were constantly like criticized for bein' someone else, but i hope it's all better for u now too.
UserPostedImage

Offline troy211619  
#15 Posted : 05 September 2010 08:17:50(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Mt. Epic wrote:
troy211619 wrote:

lol thnx, i remember u too. u were constantly like criticized for bein' someone else, but i hope it's all better for u now too.

Well yeah, everything's going fine now..Applause
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Mt. Epic  
#16 Posted : 05 September 2010 12:13:57(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

troy211619 wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
troy211619 wrote:

Well yeah, everything's going fine now..Applause

that's good
UserPostedImage