logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline ALX  
#1 Posted : 21 October 2010 14:13:00(UTC)
ALX

Groups: Registered
Man

This is quite possibly one of the best games of all time! It is a pure sandbox game in which you mine resources...then craft with them... oh yeah, and you run from all the things trying to kill you at night. It's still in the alpha, but the single player actually works pretty well. The multiplayer is a bit buggy though. I recommend buying it now because it doubles in price when it goes into the beta sometime around Halloween.
http://www.minecraft.net
RP Only Since July 2010

The Owner Of:

Long Nights- [alt-rock/post-grunge- think Foo Fighters meets Creature with the Atom Brain] MTN Climber
-Ryan Page: Vocals/Guitar/Keys
-Warren Mcgriff- Guitar
-Christopher I. Myers- Bass
-Blake Renwick- Drums

The World According To St. Jimmy- [Pop-punk/punk- Think Green Day meets Social Distortion]
-Michael "Dog" Bryant: Vocals
-Shawn "Shady" Harris: Guitar
-Jeff Zamora: Bass
-Karl Hine: Drums

forkboy wrote:
STOP MISSING THE FUCKING POINT YOU INTENTIONALLY OBTUSE BUFFOON

Paradox wrote:
*Shotgun clicks*

Dont mess with prog

The Skulls wrote:
Why thank you. Wait, if I'm alive then -- oh lawdy BRRRAAAAIIINZZZ

Offline Gildermershina  
#2 Posted : 22 October 2010 04:34:08(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Indeed, I've been playing a bunch of Minecraft. In my latest game, I've pretty much built a mine all the way from the bottom of the world to the top of the sky. It sucks when you accidentally get killed in lava and lose all your stuff though... When that happens I usually don't go back to the game for a couple days, and even then I often go into an editor to restore the stuff I lost. trying to find more Diamond at the minute, that stuff is crazy-rare. Loads of redstone I pretty much don't intend to use for anything, but only enough diamond to make one diamond sword.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#3 Posted : 22 October 2010 09:13:02(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
ALX wrote:
This is quite possibly one of the best games of all time! It is a pure sandbox game in which you mine resources...then craft with them... oh yeah, and you run from all the things trying to kill you at night. It's still in the alpha, but the single player actually works pretty well. The multiplayer is a bit buggy though. I recommend buying it now because it doubles in price when it goes into the beta sometime around Halloween.

I dabble in Dwarf Fortress. An ASCII game kinda like this(by dabble I mean watch friends play). The difference is things always want to kill you.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Gildermershina  
#4 Posted : 22 October 2010 09:53:11(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

DistortedAudio wrote:
ALX wrote:

I dabble in Dwarf Fortress. An ASCII game kinda like this(by dabble I mean watch friends play). The difference is things always want to kill you.

Things always want to kill you in Minecraft too. Except they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Offline DistortedAudio  
#5 Posted : 28 October 2010 23:08:08(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Gildermershina wrote:
DistortedAudio wrote:
ALX wrote:

Things always want to kill you in Minecraft too. Except they mostly come at night. Mostly.

In Dwarf Fortress the goal is to continue digging for metals and other things while protecting your fortress. The problem is that there are MULTIPLE problems. Not only are your dwarves drunkards that start fights and massacres at the drop of a hat(see Boatmudered) but once you dig but so far(it takes pretty long) you dig into HELL ITSELF. Once that happens well....demons kick your ass. It's a very fun game though because everytime you start a new universe there are New Religions, Organizations, Locations and Mythical Creatures. It's pretty fun.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Gildermershina  
#6 Posted : 29 October 2010 01:09:25(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

DistortedAudio wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
DistortedAudio wrote:
ALX wrote:

In Dwarf Fortress the goal is to continue digging for metals and other things while protecting your fortress. The problem is that there are MULTIPLE problems. Not only are your dwarves drunkards that start fights and massacres at the drop of a hat(see Boatmudered) but once you dig but so far(it takes pretty long) you dig into HELL ITSELF. Once that happens well....demons kick your ass. It's a very fun game though because everytime you start a new universe there are New Religions, Organizations, Locations and Mythical Creatures. It's pretty fun.

Excluding the drunken dwarves part, that sounds just like Minecraft. If you dig far enough you hit lava, and lava kills you. Worse than that, make it to the very bottom of the map, you can actually sometimes break through a breakable block amongst the unbreakables, and fall through into the void, where you just fall into blue nothingness and die.