logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

13 Pages«<678910>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline genocidal king  
#141 Posted : 24 July 2011 08:36:42(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Originally Posted by: C4AJoh Go to Quoted Post
OOC: That was just incredible, I loved reading it, seriously amazing, I can't praise the review highly enough. You touched on everything and noticed the kind of things I tried to put across. Thanks again, it was brilliant. :)

Ooc: thanks :) I'm really glad you liked it man, I spent a while doing it cos I wanted to get it right, so I'm glad it came across how you hoped. And again , the album is really awesome.

PANIC!, thanks dude, that's some high praise there, I appreciate it :)
UserPostedImage
Offline Marksy  
#142 Posted : 24 July 2011 09:55:38(UTC)
Marksy

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 113 post(s)
I would love someone to review Aaron Marks' debut EP: http://www.therockstarga...&m=129528#post129528
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#143 Posted : 25 July 2011 17:45:50(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
OOC: Beilliant so far. I can't read any more of it right now, but I will. In fact if I dont post again here within the next 48 hours stating that I read the whole review then bombard me with PMs so that I can't escape the internet without being reminded that I have to finish reading it.

On another note, I'd still love for someone to review the latest, and soon to be three month old Reported Failure album which I worked hard to complete and would love to read a review on. Relivant into is in the following links.

Album thread
Possibly usefull interview
Thanks
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
Offline Laurelles1  
#144 Posted : 26 July 2011 21:30:35(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
OOC: Yo. I know I'm dragging this a bit from the dead, but is anybody able to review the new Mind album?
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#145 Posted : 26 July 2011 21:31:57(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Ooc: I can do one in a similar style to the one I did for Riot! on Saturday (last page) if you want?
UserPostedImage
Offline Laurelles1  
#146 Posted : 26 July 2011 21:42:47(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
OOC: That'd be brilliant dude. Should I PM you all the info?
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
#147 Posted : 27 July 2011 03:38:15(UTC)

OOC: Finished reading it. Great review. Applause
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#148 Posted : 30 July 2011 02:27:48(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

OOC: Anyone care to review the Big Light Show Demo. All info and track descriptions and lyrics are http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=7590 there
UserPostedImage
Offline Matticus  
#149 Posted : 30 July 2011 04:34:45(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
i'd be up for giving it a go scott :)
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#150 Posted : 05 August 2011 01:23:47(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Someone could review Lily's album? :)

http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=7616
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Famouss7x7  
#151 Posted : 05 August 2011 04:39:54(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Can someone pleaseeeee review Brittany Knox's new song 'Bonnie's Redemption'???? Heres the info: http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=7609
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

#152 Posted : 07 August 2011 13:28:24(UTC)

OOC: If I'm awake long enough tonight I'll start working on a review or two. Whether I get started tonight or not I'll get the Brittany Knox review done in the next few days, and I'll try to do one for Lily's new album, but I'm not sure if I'll have the time to read that much. I skimmed it already, but if someone else wanted to do that go for it.

Also I'd still love for someone to review the Reported Failure album that came out a few months back. I dont know if my previous posts were simply not read or no one had time to review it, but I'd still love for someone to review it if they can.

Edited by user 07 August 2011 13:29:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Famouss7x7  
#153 Posted : 07 August 2011 14:20:54(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
Osprey037[Reported Failure wrote:
;141852]OOC: If I'm awake long enough tonight I'll start working on a review or two. Whether I get started tonight or not I'll get the Brittany Knox review done in the next few days, and I'll try to do one for Lily's new album, but I'm not sure if I'll have the time to read that much. I skimmed it already, but if someone else wanted to do that go for it.

Also I'd still love for someone to review the Reported Failure album that came out a few months back. I dont know if my previous posts were simply not read or no one had time to review it, but I'd still love for someone to review it if they can.

Can't wait to read the review! Thanks for getting to it :) I appreciate it!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

#154 Posted : 09 August 2011 18:03:08(UTC)

OOC: A short little review, but it was only for one song and I managed to get a few paragraphs out of it.

UserPostedImage
Anyone in the music industry today who doubts that Jason Smith is quite possibly a genius, quite frankly has no idea at all what they're talking about. When Brittany Knox announced that Jason would be producing her single "Bonnie's Redemption" I didn't know what to expect. The end result turned out to be an eerie indie new wave pop track with a very intriguing theme.

The song is a monologue of Bonnie Parker the notorious criminal who you probably know for supplying the Bonnie in Bonnie and Clyde. The monologue is all about Bonnie asking for forgivness and trying to redeem herself, hence the title "Bonnie's Redemption". The ultimate result of the theme is the question of what can be forgiven and what can't?

Musically the song isn't anything groundbreaking, and followers of Jason Smith have heard it before either in his songs or other songs he has produced. That isn't to say that the musical aspects are bad. The melodic guitar and atmospheric sounds work harmoniously along with the vocals and lyrics to create a dark and possibly frightening feel for the song.

Final Thoughts: "Bonnie's Redemption" is a musically solid song with a quite interesting theme. The music and lyrics work together to give the song a dark and eerie feeling.

Rating: 3 1/2 Stars

UserPostedImage
Offline Andre Gandra  
#155 Posted : 09 August 2011 21:59:04(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Yulia: I love this song very much!

OOC: Ok, ElectroDeath has released their album... it's very stupid for me just to ask someone else to review it, once I never did anything for anyone else here.. so this is the deal.. Who wants to switch with me reviews? someone can Review ElectroDeath's album and I can review someone else's single or album.. (I promise I'll give my best) ;P who's up to it?
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
#156 Posted : 10 August 2011 02:24:06(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post

OOC: Ok, ElectroDeath has released their album... it's very stupid for me just to ask someone else to review it, once I never did anything for anyone else here.. so this is the deal.. Who wants to switch with me reviews? someone can Review ElectroDeath's album and I can review someone else's single or album.. (I promise I'll give my best) ;P who's up to it?

I'll take a swing at it. It might take a little while, but I should be able to whip something up later this week if I'm not too busy.

The links for the Reported Failure album (which is a tad bit old but still has no reviews) is in a post somewhere on this page. Keep in mind that many of the songs co-written by Matt Collins are meant to be a little bit clunky, pissed off, and personally self concious. He is my Max Bemis esque character as far as songwriting if you know who that is.
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#157 Posted : 10 August 2011 02:25:57(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

I'm still on the mind review. And still would love someone to review the big light show demo pleeeeaaasseee :)
UserPostedImage
Offline Andre Gandra  
#158 Posted : 10 August 2011 03:01:31(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Osprey037[Reported Failure wrote:
;142963]
Originally Posted by: Andre Gandra Go to Quoted Post

I'll take a swing at it. It might take a little while, but I should be able to whip something up later this week if I'm not too busy.

The links for the Reported Failure album (which is a tad bit old but still has no reviews) is in a post somewhere on this page. Keep in mind that many of the songs co-written by Matt Collins are meant to be a little bit clunky, pissed off, and personally self concious. He is my Max Bemis esque character as far as songwriting if you know who that is.

OOc: Perfect! I'm gonna work on it! ;)
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

#159 Posted : 11 August 2011 12:15:26(UTC)

UserPostedImage
The new album from the electronic all girl trio Electrodeath is called "The Sun Will Rise". It was released recently under Shooting Star Records. Hype for the album had been building for some time, and so far the album has generated two #1 hits. The opener "Long Gone Queen" is a good way to start the album. It pictures Electrodeath as queens and illustrates their triumphs and their struggles as shown in the first few lines of the song "She put a crown over her head/She took further a step/She got scars… she was a superstar". Musically it is a steadily progressing from quiet to loud and slow to fast trip hop song with several ambient aspects to it.

"WICCA" which is the second song was written by both Electrodeath and the late Miss Vanity. After being re-thought out so that it wasn't a duet, the song made it onto the album. It is a slightly preachy song about Wicca and Magie being a wiccan. With that being said it isn't a bad song. It retains ambient elements of the first song, but adds a more poppy house sound. The theme, however, will easily turn off some listeners, but big props to Electrodeath for putting the song out anyway.

The next song "Uncontrollably" is one of those now #1 singles that I mentioned. It was produced by Buzz&Hype and it is a very high energy dance song. This song simply has fun written all over it. The lyrics are simply about happiness, and they don't have anything massively unique in them, but they are certainly solid and back up the overall good times that will come out of this song.

The next song "Thunder" is a poppy dance song with some house elements. It sticks after just a couple listens and I see it as a potential single in the future. It is about Magie being in rehab and then getting out of rehab. "Running trough the sky, I’ll fly/Like a thunder/sparking in the air/going nowhere" is a fantastic and thought provoking opening line (OOC: I seriously love those lyrics). This song ends up being one of the best in the first half of the album.

The next track called "The Spell" is a very bassy song with interesting drums. It was also produced by Buzz&Hype. It is another song with a preachy feel to it, and although Magie says that shes not trying to get her fans to join Wicca it really doesn't matter because the song does come off that way as shown in the chorus where Magie sings "Juts say the magic words/And we may change the world/There is no other power/Than the power of Love/(To save the world)". Either way the song isn't bad, but like "WICCA" is quite likely to get skipped by some listeners who are turned off by the general tone of the song.

Track six is a rock influenced aggressive dancepop song called "The Last Chance". Yulia brings out the big guns immediately and overall the musical aspects of this song make me want to go back to it. Lyrically it is another song basically about the power of love which is an overall theme to the album. This song sees love as the last chance and Yulia and Lilly wrote it for Magie.

Now if there are any small children reading this with you I suggest you skip to the next paragraph. "Scis" is the title of the next song on the album and it is a latin term for "Know yourself". I could put it lightly, but I gave you warning about the small children already, so the song is about masturbation. Whether or not the song has anything to do with Yulia's relationship with Katie Coyle, I'll leave up to the fans to debate. All of that being said, the song is fantastic! The sexual energy transfers well to Yulia's vocals. The oriental feel gives the song a different vibe from the rest of the album and lyrically it's a nice break from the theme of a lot of the songs which seems to be that love will save the world.

The next song "GAY" is about a man coming out with his own homosexuality. It is an inspiration for homosexuals everywhere. Musically it is another rock influenced dance song. It is another very solid song. Again I give major kudos to Electrodeath for writing this song and having the guts to put it on their album.

The other #1 hit I talked about is "When Your Heart's Not Open" and it is an ambient and trip hop epic with violins organic sounding percussion and great vocals across the board. It is a song about Magie's recovery and her and Lilly's initiation into Wicca. It is about some of the same things as a lot of other songs on the album, but it manages to stay fresh and different from the other Wicca, and love is the answer type songs.

"Matter of Time" is about Magie and her recovery and the fact that the sun does always rise. Pun intended. The lyrics are very relevant, and the way Yulia and Lilly sing to Magie is probably the highlight of the song. Musically the song is reminiscent of early Electrodeath. It has nice electronic beats, and an industrial feel. Overall this song is a very fun listen.

The final song on the album features Daniel and is called "Sorrow". The collaboration works out. It is a soft ballad ehich features Daniel singing in English first and then Yulia picks things up in Russian. This song has everything. Pianos, and jazz elements, and ambient sounds are all present. The lyrics are all about questions and sadness and are the darkest on the album examplified best by the lines "Are we lost or there’s still hope? /To save from evil this whole world /And in this night, the rain will fall /To drown us". The darkness of the song, however makes it another highlight of the album and the perfect way to end it.

Overall this album is fantastic. The first half has mostly a theme that is all about love and how love is the answer to happiness or happiness is the answer to life, it is something like that. The first half is very solid. Then what could have been a repetetive album with too many songs about the same exact thing turned into a more diverse album and ensures that the themes don't become cliche and are still heard. Overall this is probably the perfect electronic, dance, ambient type album!

Rating: 4 1/2 Stars

Edited by moderator 14 September 2011 06:38:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 11/08/2011(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#160 Posted : 11 August 2011 12:46:52(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Magie: 4,5 stars! Great, I just wanna say thank you for everyone, about the great reviews for the album so far!

OOC: I'm almost finished with yours... should be posting by the end of the week! Thank yous o much for this review it is soooo perfect! **
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown