logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

660 Pages«<576577578579580>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matticus  
#11541 Posted : 14 April 2013 09:37:15(UTC)
Matticus

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
Sammy sighs, "gutted there mate! Well she'll grow our of it one day!"

Sammy looks disappointedly at his drink, "what a shame there mate, what a shame!"

He looks at his phone and sees the time, "I should probably go soon, supposed to have a meeting with a label tomorrow but I am really not sure about them... I just need someone to help support the release.. I did three independent EPs and now just need someone to help fund the album!"
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
Offline genocidal king  
#11542 Posted : 14 April 2013 09:41:02(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Scott nods.

"Its not so much a case of growing out of it...we just need to get rid of my wife's friend and her kid. That would help." He laughs.

"What label are you meeting with? I could tell you whether to save your time and not bother." He laughs again.
UserPostedImage
Offline Matticus  
#11543 Posted : 14 April 2013 09:43:47(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Sammy laughs again, "yeah I bet that'd help! Is she staying with you like semi-permanently?"

Sammy thinks about whether or not he should say... "It's Weekend's label... I just don't know if I could bring myself to work with them all the time.."
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
Offline genocidal king  
#11544 Posted : 14 April 2013 09:53:09(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Scott sighs and nods, lighting another cigarette. "I think like her husband kicks the shit into her or something so she's came to ours for s while. I reckon she could buy her own house."

He smiles a little and then Pours them both another drink before laughing again. "Weekends label is actually a subsidiary of mine. I can't say anything bad about them. They like drama but they are hard working kids. A bit like me actually. "
UserPostedImage
Offline Matticus  
#11545 Posted : 14 April 2013 09:57:43(UTC)
Matticus

Man

"Ah shit... Well I hope she can sort her life out....."

Sammy almost looks disappointed with Scott's response about Weekend's label, "so you'd say go to the meeting then and see what happens?"
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline genocidal king  
#11546 Posted : 14 April 2013 10:07:23(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Scott nods. "Yeah. I hope she can some day. She seems to always come back to us though."

He notices the way Sammy's expression changes. "What's up? Don't tell me nothing....I saw that look there." he gives him a sympathetic look.
UserPostedImage
Offline Matticus  
#11547 Posted : 14 April 2013 10:12:11(UTC)
Matticus

Man

He smiles, "you guys are obviously the stable place she trusts!"

Sammy laughs as Scott catches his hesitation, "I don't know, I suppose that I worry that I'm literally just gonna sign like this because they're the first guys to offer me a contract since things broke down with Studio60 after I disappeared, and that I haven't given it time to see what other offers I can get. I've got nothing against the boys, but I kinda never pictured myself having to work so closely with a group of lads like them...."

He takes another sip or two from his drink
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline genocidal king  
#11548 Posted : 14 April 2013 10:19:23(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

"I think my wife is. The friend doesn't like me. I'm not all that fond of her either."

He thinks for a minute. "Were you signed with Studio 60? Have you tried talking with them again to see if you can go back? The only other suggestion I would give is to go along and talk to the guys see what they have to say. Ask as many questions as you want. But absolutely do not sign on the line until youre 100% happy. If you are t then talk to other labels."
UserPostedImage
Offline Matticus  
#11549 Posted : 14 April 2013 10:22:35(UTC)
Matticus

Man

"Yeah I was, back when I had just released my last EP and was touring with everyone Studio60 gave me a contract. I'd love to go back to them to actually keep true to the contract they offered me, but once it was broken off I kinda worry that they wouldn't want to renew it because i just sort of disappeared. I hate going back to people and asking for a second chance, that's just not something I'm good at..."
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline genocidal king  
#11550 Posted : 14 April 2013 10:26:31(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Scott chuckles a little.

"You know....two years ago I would have agreed with you. Back then I would have been scared of trying to do deals with that label as well in case they tore me a new arsehole. But the wife's far more mellow now. She doesn't scream as much or fire people left right and centre. It could be worth talking to her. She might sign you again."
UserPostedImage
Offline Matticus  
#11551 Posted : 14 April 2013 10:29:02(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Sammy laughs and then remembers that Gia is the owner at Studio60, "put in a good word for me mate?" He laughs again, "yeah I might just do that Scott, the worst she can do is say no..."

Sammy looks at his phone again and gasps, "I'm never gonna be able to get up in time to see them now!l" he laughs, "I've really got to go Scott, thanks a whole lot for chatting to me. Here's my number if you ever wanna chill again -" he writes his mobile number on a napkin and gives it to Scott before downing his drink and leaving the DB

OOC: absolutely shattered - was nice getting back into the RP, message me if you wanna do this again ;D ta
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline genocidal king  
#11552 Posted : 14 April 2013 10:40:53(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Scott laughs. "I'll put a good word in man. Just a tip for you though if you were thinking of talking to her about a deal - tell her you like the Beatles and hate the French. She'll be on your side right away." He laughs.

Scott looks at his phone and nods. "No worries mate. Have a good one and I hope everything works out for you." He takes the number and puts if in his pocket." When Sammy leaves he takes out another cigarette and starts smoking again.

Ooc: No worries, man, cheers. I'm shattered also haha, glad to get a bit of RP done though.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Matticus on 15/04/2013(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#11553 Posted : 16 April 2013 06:41:41(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Sammy walks into the Dirty Bastard, he is wearing a suit and a tie. He wonders whether or not he is overly dressed for the occasion. He sits at a table and waits for her to arrive.
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11554 Posted : 16 April 2013 06:49:38(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Gia, dressed in a short but appropriate dress, that was black and white with black heels and a black purse on her arms, arrived at the Dirty Bastard. She remembered the last time she was here to do any kind of label business, she was being told one of her artists was leaving so she couldn't know what to expect today. She walks inside and looks around for a few seconds until she spotted Sammy sitting at a table. "Hello." She says.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Matticus  
#11555 Posted : 16 April 2013 06:51:19(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Sammy stands as Gia walks in, he admires her dress and smiles at her as she walks over to him.

"Hello Gia, how're you? Would you like a drink?"

He gestures for her to sit and does the same.
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11556 Posted : 16 April 2013 06:56:33(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"No thanks, I'm fine." She smiles and sits down. "So to what do I owe this visit?"
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Matticus  
#11557 Posted : 16 April 2013 07:00:31(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Sammy smiles back, he sits there awkwardly for a moment and then sighs, "I suppose i'll just cut to the chase then. I was signed with you guys before - as i'm sure you very well know!" he laughs awkwardly and continues, "and then i disappeared for a while. Obviously you guys didn't hear from me for a long time and the contract was cancelled...."

He leaves it for a second and clears his throat, "I hate asking for stuff like this, but I was really hoping that there might possibly, maybe be a chance for us to re-start this contract.... I've had meetings with other labels, but they don't offer the same sort of support and nurturing that you guys did."

He just sort of stops, there isn't really much else he feels he can say. "Are you sure you don't want a drink?" He smiles.
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11558 Posted : 16 April 2013 07:43:35(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Well.....I'm actually glad you met with other labels first and realized just how different we are from them. I have done a lot of things at that label, being lenient is one of them. I have tons of artists who are still "developing" as they say, and few that are actually carrying the label. I don't wanna sound harsh but I really need go getters at the label, people who aren't going to waste a spot that could be taken by someone who actually wants to be signed there. With that being said....I suppose we could come to some sort of agreement and offer you a contract."

She shakes her head. "Boozing me up won't help you." She laughs a little.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Matticus  
#11559 Posted : 16 April 2013 07:50:27(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Sammy's heart is in his mouth the entire time she speaks, he is confident that she is just going to shoot him down and tell him he should've made a chance of the opportunity when it was first presented to him, rather than waste it away.

And then she hits him with the possibility of an offer, he can't help but grin, "yeah? Really? I'll prove to you that I'm a go-getter! I always have been! I've always gigged away and worked hard! I'm actually doing my first gig since my return on Saturday!"

He stops himself from babbling and smiles, he is a lot more relaxed now, relieved.
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Offline RoseJapanFan  
#11560 Posted : 16 April 2013 07:56:15(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Really? Well I hope all goes well then. If we can't seem to work this out then I'll have to let you go but I'm hoping you prove me wrong?" She leans back in her chair, crossing her legs. "Any particular reason why you just left?"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage