logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline TheCDs  
#1 Posted : 07 February 2010 09:46:10(UTC)
TheCDs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Tim Dunn, half of the band Axiom, was hospitalized late last night for severe alcohol poisoning. Paramedics responded to a call from The Upstairs Pub in Bloomington, Indiana about a man who was unconscious. When they arrived they found Dunn laying on the floor. The took him to Bloomington Hospital where he remains in stable condition. Blood tests confirmed a blood alcohol content of .23, over double the legal limit. Dunn was in Bloomington visiting friends. Nathan Haffner, a friend of Dunn's, said Dunn seemed upset and a bit depressed all night.

"We went out and he just didn't seem to care about anything. Some fans would recognize him and he would just ignore them or brush them off. He wasn't his usual friendly self," said Haffner.

Dunn's hospitalization comes after Axiom's new album received poor reviews from critics. Mike Peck, Dunn's bandmate, has released a statement on the incident. Peck was with in Los Angeles when Dunn was hospitalized.

Originally Posted by: Peck' Go to Quoted Post
I am deeply saddened and worried about Tim after learning of his hospitalization. He made it clear to me on a few prior occasions that he was not happy about the critical panning of our most recent album. I had talked with him about it several times before and thought this trip would help him get past this. He felt that the negative reviews of the album were also personal attacks. While I understand how he felt his actions are inexcusable. As someone in a very visible position we must watch our actions. This sends the wrong message for handling problems and I am sure Tim understands this and will say something similar when he is able. For right now my focus is on making sure Tim is ok and this is an isolated incident and not part of a larger problem that needs addressing.

Dunn was still unavailable for comment as of press time.

Edited by user 08 February 2010 14:47:23(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline bikz  
#2 Posted : 07 February 2010 10:35:32(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
I hope he's OK! It just couldn't be the bad reviews sending him on a trip. Tim wouldn't go crazy over a few words against him, he's always been much more sensible .... hasn't he? James and I, and everyone at DBM, send our best wishes.
-Katie van Mouschi Kairiri [former colleague // ex-Midnight/Mythic Records]

Edited by user 07 February 2010 10:36:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline TheCDs  
#3 Posted : 07 February 2010 10:41:47(UTC)
TheCDs

bikz wrote:
I hope he's OK! It wasn't the bad reviews sending him on a trip, was it? No, Tim wouldn't go crazy over a few words against him, he's always been much more sensible .... James and I, and everyone at DBM, send our best wishes.
-Katie van Mouschi Kairiri [former colleague // ex-Midnight/Mythic Records]

Mike Peck: I didn't really think it would be the reviews either. You know him well just like and I do but at the same time, he has never really known failure in his career. He was really upset, he kept talking about how much we did pour into the album and how he couldn't understand how no one saw that. I won't know more until I actually talk to him about it.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline PANIC!  
#4 Posted : 07 February 2010 11:18:35(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
"I tell everyone you gotta be an asshole and not listen to shit other people say about you or your music, but no, no one wants to listen to the douche. A few bad reviewers, a few haters, so what?! If I'd get depressed from all the negative reviews I get of my music from critics and hell even other musicians, I would have probably already swallowed a couple bottles of tylenol. I feel bad for Tim, 'cause I met him a couple months ago when Axiom opened for PANIC! but you know, sometimes you just gotta learn to deal with failure in music and move along to your next project. Still, best wishes to Tim, hopefully he can get his shit together and keep making music with Mike in Axiom."

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.
UserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#5 Posted : 08 February 2010 15:04:22(UTC)
TheCDs

Tim Dunn released a statement today on the Axiom Web site referring to his recent hospitalization for alcohol poisoning.

Originally Posted by: Dunn' Go to Quoted Post
As I am sure all of you know I was recently hospitalized for severe alcohol poisoning. I want to take this time to apologize to everyone for my actions. I am an adult of legal drinking age and I do responsibly drink. The decisions I made this weekend were poor and do not reflect who I really am. Alcohol and drugs are not the way to deal with your problems. I am sorry for the poor example I set. This was an isolated incident, I have never had problems with drugs or alcohol and I will not. This incident will not cause Axiom to take a break. The show will go on and I hope to get past this as quickly as possible

Dunn made no mention in his statement or interviews exactly what drove him to drink so heavily.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is