logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

55 Pages«<535455
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1081 Posted : 19 March 2024 07:27:26(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19124 time(s) in 7592 post(s)
Riley laughs quietly at Jack's impression of a Southerner, clenching his mouth as tightly as possible so not to spit any beer out. It sounds eerily similar to one of his band mates. He finally lets his laughter out after swallowing his gulp of Heineken. "Mate, that was so much like Oscar it was scary. Lad's actually got a dog called Rupert. Rupert and Jasper." While he obviously loves Oscar like a brother, he's not the type of person he'd ever meet let alone associate with had he not been involved in the group. There's not much crossover between Beeston and Mayfair otherwise. Riley nods his head, seemingly in approval of North Shields. "Oh so you're north, north. Just up the A1. Nice. What's your team up there?" Riley asks with an arched eyebrow, ready to make a quip regardless of Jack's answer. Nothing like a playful football rivalry.

When Jack claims he thought Weekend were finished, he nods in agreement. Things have been quiet on the band front for a while so he can understand how many would think that. "Nah, we've actually got like an album's worth of stuff ready to go if we want to. Just been taking it in our stride. Billy's also got his own stuff going on. Not that you'd ever know. He's so low-key and humble, you know?" He playfully scoffs and brings the bottle back to his lips. Billy is many things but modest isn't one of them. "If you get your arse in gear and knock out a few more songs, there might be a little opening slot for you on the tour." Riley playfully teases but there's still some truth in it. They will need some support acts when the time comes after all.

He smiles and nods along as he listens to Jack talk about his ongoing recording sessions, almost feeling the excitement for him. "Yeah, that's the best way to be, mate. Take it in your stride and do what you want in the studio. Don't be afraid to come up with absolutely shit ideas as well. All part of the process. Just do what you do best and it should all piece together. Your wise about not being into all the hype. Congrats on the success, though. Number 1 debut? Even we didn't manage that. Not bitter at all." Riley jokingly scowls and furrows his brows before taking the final sip of his beer. Weekend's first ever release only managed to come in at #2. He looks at the table of finished and near-empty bottles, tapping merrily on the edge of the table. "You want to stick with these or move on to something with more edge?"
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline C4AJoh  
#1082 Posted : 19 March 2024 23:55:46(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8542 time(s) in 2676 post(s)
Jack laughs a little as Riley says that his impersonation sounds similar to Oscar, “You really are just a ragtag group of lads thrown together randomly, aren’t yous?” he says with a smile, acknowledging how each member of the group seems to be from such different backgrounds as each other. He nods his head, “Aye, almost as North as you can get in England without being in that weird no mans land of Berwick. Newcastle’s my team, mate. We’ve got a non-league side in North Shields too but we’re all brought up toon fans where I’m from.” He laughs a little, “Aye, aye. Divn’t start with the Saudi money shite. We’ve been badly run for years, it’s about time we get a bit of joy.” He shakes his head, “What about you? Leeds fan? Or another Yorkshire side?”

“Just try prizing Billy away from all that solo success must be a fucking headache in itself.” He says, making reference to Billy’s recent run of solo singles that have dominated the charts, he laughs a little and gives a serious nod when Riley hints that there could be an opening slot on the tour for him, “I’d definitely be up for that. I’ve heard about your tour buses and groupie situation, sounds wild but I think I could probably manage it.” He says with a laugh, making reference to the various stories out there about the behind the scenes antics of the group in their early days.

He finishes up his drink and nods, “Cheers mate, fucks knows how it happened but I’ll take it. I’ll probably hold off on releasing anything soon, not interested in cashing in on the hype. Could probably do with releasing a couple of stinkers just to balance out the expectations a little bit.” He says with a laugh as he pushes his empty bottle to the side towards all the other empties, “Aye, I could with something a bit stronger. What you got in mind?”
Offline BrownSugar  
#1083 Posted : 20 March 2024 02:22:37(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Riley purses his lips and nods along in agreement. They really are from different walks of life. Potentially Oscar and Billy aside, had it not been for the band, there's probably no other way these guys would ever cross paths. "Yeah, we're a mixed bag alright. Tipperary, London, Leeds...Scott's from Stoke-on-Trent. Who the fuck comes from Stoke-on-Trent?" Riley chuckles to himself. It's typical Scott behaviour. Scott's forever the butt of many black sheep jokes in the band. It's all done lovingly, of course. Scott can't even take part in the playful North/Side divide because of course he's from slap bang in the middle. "Yeah, Leeds United here. Top of the EFL..." Riley proudly taps on his chest with a clenched fist before lowering his already deep voice to a mutter, trying to cover his words through a pretend cough. "...after we got relegated."

When Jack brings up the infamous antics of the Weekend tour bus, Riley chuckles and begins to blush ever so slightly. He nervously scratches along his jawline, being caught bang to rights. "Yeah, was well chuffed when people started to blab about all that!" Riley jokingly rolls his eyes, feigning annoyance. "I'm the embodiment of discretion, me. Walking NDA. Whatever happens on the road, stays on the road as far as I'm concerned." Riley laughs and holds his hands up as if surrendering any possible knowledge or judgement concerning touring antics. "To be fair though, doubt it's going to be anything like that this time around. We're getting on a bit. I'm 30 in July. Swear I was 17 just a handful of years ago." Riley curls his lip, looking absolutely disgusted at his own age. He feels it more as he's spent most of his life in a boy band aimed at a young market so hitting the big 3-0 is like having one foot in the grave for a teen idol.

"Think people gravitated towards your track because it's authentic and different. It's fresh stuff. Completely get why it took off like it did. Like I said, just keep on doing you. Just not too much, eh? Leave some room at the top for us too, lad." Riley playfully winks and stands up, tucking and adjusting the bottom of his shirt in the process. "Gonna bob into the toilet then I'll order us some freakishly artificially coloured drinks, what you think?" Riley shuffles around the side of table. "Don't worry, I promise to wash me hands." Riley snickers and gives Jack a pat on the shoulders as he scoots by.
UserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#1084 Posted : 23 March 2024 18:23:52(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jack laughs a little at the joke about Scott being from Stoke and thus being neither one thing or the other, “Stoke-on-Trent? that poor fuckin’ kid.” He says, struggling to find anything meaningful about Stoke. Jack nods as Riley confirms his allegiance to Leeds United, “Aye, Leeds United? I reckon they must be the most universally hated side in English Football.” He says with a small chuckle, fans from up and down the country tend to always dislike Leeds United, regardless of how far away they are from their own side. “To be fair, if I wasn’t a Newcastle supporter I’m pretty sure Leeds would be my side. You’s haven’t been the same since Bielsa left though. What a fuckin’ lad he was!” he says in reference to their beloved former manager.

Jack shakes his head, “That’s got to be the worst kept secret in the music industry.” He says with a light-hearted laugh, it was something that has always been hinted and reported at for years. “Aye, you’s are all quiet choir boys these days, right?” he says with a laugh, knowing that despite how old they may get, they’ll always be the butt of various rumours whether true or untrue it was just part of their burden. “But to be serious, I’d definitely be up for supporting you lot on tour.”

Jack playfully waves his hand in the air as if to wave away the compliment, “Appreciate it, man.” He didn’t really grow up in an area where people would outright support you and compliment you, everything was a lot more subtle. People cared for you and appreciated you, but they tended not to show it so obviously. Jack laughs a little at the idea of freakishly artificially coloured drinks, “Eh, aye I suppose. I was thinking more strong Whiskey, Vodka or Tequila. Dealers choice though.” He says as Riley makes his way from the table.
Offline BrownSugar  
#1085 Posted : 02 April 2024 12:00:49(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Riley chuckles heartily with his arms folded, tickled by the notion of his team being the most universally hated among English football. "Mate, I get worried if I meet someone who doesn't hate us. I'm that used to it. Bloody certainty in life. Death, tax, and people hating Leeds." He laughs again, clearly not bothered by the eternal ribbing of his beloved team. "Leeds would be your side, eh? Flaming 'eck, you feeling alright? With Bielsa gone like you said, I can't think of any other way to entice you over to this side. I was born and bred into this. Me grandad's doing. There's nowt I can do!" Riley holds his hands up as if looking for salvation and surrendering to the fact that he's forever tied to the less than desirable team.

"Ey, me and Dustyn actually used to be in our school choirs...and no fucking wisecracks, you!" Riley jokingly warns with a pointed finger after swiftly realising the amount of ammo he's given Jack with sordid jokes about choirboys. Alongside Weekend's documented antics, there's a plenty a gag and double entendre to whip out. "Oh for sure, mate. It's early days yet so I've literally not got anything to give ya but would love to have you on the tour." Riley makes a point of sounding a little more serious through all the chortling to let Jack know he's true about his word and not at the wind up.

A few minutes later, Riley returns to the table with a tray adorned by some glasses of tequila and the fixings to turn them into the typical shot experience should they wish; some slices of citrus and a small ramekin of salt. "Ey up, here comes the good stuff!" Riley scoots back around into his seat after placing the tray on the centre of the table. "Forgive me for underestimating your refined palate earlier. I thought all you young'uns like all 'em multicoloured drinks. All those e-numbers to get you up nice and early for school, y'know?" Riley gives a playful wink and grabs a glass, half teasing Jack for being baby-faced and half mocking himself for staring 30 in the face. "To Bielsa!" Riley raises his glass.
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Head South Records on 02/04/2024(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#1086 Posted : 02 April 2024 23:43:27(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jack nods emphatically as Riley questions Jack’s statement about his soft spot for Leeds United, “Oh aye, definitely. Dirty dirty Leeds. I like a side with a bit of bite, Norman Hunter, Billy Bremner. I’d have fuckin’ loved to have been on the terraces watching that 80’s Leeds side.” He laughs a little, “But of course you’s are a bit softer now. It’s all taper fades and man buns in your starting eleven these days, isn’t it?” he says with a playful smirk. “But nah, you can’t pick your Football team. You’re stuck with whoever the men of your family support, way of life mate, that’s just how it is.”

Jack raises his eyebrow slightly as Riley mentions that he and Dustyn used to be in school choirs, he’s about to say something before Riley puts a stop to it, “Shit, you must have heard it all before. I’ll spare you the jokes.” He nods his head as Riley re-affirms that he’d be happy to bring Jack on tour with them, “I’ll have to make sure I get a few more songs out there first then. You sure your fans will be happy when I rock up on stage? I’m not as well groomed as you lads, you know? A bit rough around the edges shall we say” he says with a laugh.

“That’s more like it.” Jack says as he raises a glass to Riley, “To Bielsa, the fuckin’ maverick!” he says, laughing before he takes the shot of Tequila, he immediately felt the burn but the first one always caught you out, he was a big Tequila fan so could quite comfortably knock them back. “Aye, maybe down south the young’uns drink that colourful shite. But I was raised on White Lightning and Buckfast, the good stuff. Whey, the cheap and nasty stuff but you build up a tolerance, y’know?”
Offline BrownSugar  
#1087 Posted : 03 April 2024 04:03:00(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Bremner? Fucking 'ell, you and me both. I'm getting on a bit but even that was before my time. Always remember me grandad telling me all these stories about those glory days. Always seemed right magical and mythical to me. By today's standards, they bloody well are!" Riley laughs a little. It seems he had quite a bond with his grandfather growing up. When Jack has a jibe at all the modern haircuts, Riley scoffs and looks a little flustered, well aware his own hair is shaved from a fade around the sides. "This is just maintenance and convenience. Not vanity, y'know? Hair's real wiry. Got to keep it short." Riley purses his lips, trying his best to stifle his laughter. While there's truth as to why he always goes for a short look, it's not lost on him that he looks like a modern day pretty boy Leeds player. "What about your side? Ever want to go back and see the glory days of...eh, whatever century that last was?" Riley gives a sly smirk. "Nah, I remember growing up in the 90s and your lot were doing some great things."

"Just two good Catholic lads, me and our Dust." Riley gives a playful wink. If he hadn't had mentioned it, nobody would've guessed his religion. With the way he carries himself and all the stories and whispers of band shenanigans over the years, it's clear that Ri isn't devout or serious about his Catholicism. Like being unable to pick his team, it's just another one of those things that he grew up with. "Mate, when we first got on stage we looked like we'd been kicked through a bunch of high street clothes stores and embalmed with hairspray at the end of it. You're looking better than we ever did. You'll be fine." Riley gives Jack a reassuring before shrugging. "And if you see us all off stage and out of costume, you'll know all about rough around the edges."

Riley chuckles and completes the toast with Jack, knocking back the shot. The burn reaffirms that this is real drinking. Beer is for the casual pleasantries. Tequila is for a very well-earned day off. "Fucking 'ell, White Lightning. There's a memory unlocked." Riley audibly exhales through his lips and goes a little wide-eyed as war flashbacks infiltrate his mind. "Some very fond memories of being around the back of the library with some bottles of that. My mind's just a collage of fucking White Lightning bottles and knockoff Burberry caps now." Oh to be a teenager in 2000s Britain. "This a good enough substitute for you though, mate?" Riley chuckles as he goes for a second shot.
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Head South Records on 03/04/2024(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#1088 Posted : 03 April 2024 06:12:49(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

“Nah, it’s a shame what happened with your club, riding high, Champions League nights and all that and then within a couple of years bankrupt and in League One. Flew a bit too close to the sun, I reckon.” He says with a knowing nod, he laughed a little as Riley spoke about his hair cut and need for a clean appearance. “I get it man, it’s much more than just the music, it’s the whole package. It’s fuckin’ shit that that’s how this business is, but hey maybe I’m the exception to the rule.” He says with a sarcastic smirk.
“My team? fuckin’ hell lad. Don’t get me started.” He says with a light-hearted chuckle, “Aye, that 90’s side under King Kev was special. I was a bit too young to witness it. But we’ve had the pain of relegation, I know how that feels. And the biggest piece of shit this country has ever produced owning the club, Mike Ashley.” He shakes his head, “But we’ve got our club back now, bit of hope and ambition again. All that Saudi money and can’t spend it like, but nevermind.”

He laughs as Riley talks about their early fashion choice, “Aye, everybody looks like shit when they look back on old pictures.” He laughs a little at the compliment, “I learnt early on to play it safe. Can’t go wrong with a black t shirt and a pair of Levi’s. I’m eh, not much of a fashion expert in case you haven’t noticed.” He says with another laugh, he never really paid much attention to outward appearances.

Jack nods, “Definitely, lads with their White Lightning and the lasses with their bottle of Lambrini. Drinking in the park, causing bother.” He laughs a little at the memories, “I’ll tell you what though, people looked down on us but it makes you tough. None of this soft shite behaviour you see these days where you try to ruin someone because they’ve got a different opinion than you have.” He was aware that he was on the verge of a rant on modern day society, although his age would probably throw him into that younger generation category, his upbringing certainly meant that he had a much more old-school world view. He was a strong believer in treating people with respect no matter their race, religion, sexuality and social status but felt that the world at large was starting to go too far the opposite way where ‘offensive’ seemed to be the buzz word.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Head South Records on 03/04/2024(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#1089 Posted : 04 April 2024 11:07:39(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Flying too close to the sun? That's a very poetic way to put things. I'll take that, mate!" Riley says with a light-hearted chuckle, surprised that someone actually seems to have a crumb of sympathy for Leeds United. At the mention of Mike Ashley, Riley audibly sucks air in through his teeth and shakes his head in disapproval. Although not a Newcastle supporter, Riley's also not a fan of the man for his overall sketchy character. "Oooft, Mike Ashley? Yeah, I think that tosser's possibly on par with Dirty Leeds in terms of being loathed. Possibly. Still, you can't complain about getting paid in oversized mugs. Those things are priceless, mate." Riley chuckles, referencing the infamous Sports Direct mugs which most people think of when the company is mentioned. Well, those and poor work conditions. "Nah, seriously though, good for you guys. Put the wind up that other lot." Riley grimaces, totally not bitter about the relegation. "So far, only Billy's mob are above you. If you finish above Tottenham, that's a cause for celebration!"

"Mate, some Google Image results are not fucking kind to me!" Riley laughs heartily, blushing slightly as he recalls the fashion trends of the early 2010's. "I think I dressed better before the band than I did for those first couple years, y'know? Stylists back then had a TopMan voucher and a dream." When Jack claims that he he's not much of a fashion expert, Riley gives his outfit a once over and finds it to be rather trendy. "Nah, mate. You're looking good! Definitely works for ya. I'm sure Primark will be knocking your door down for a sponsorship any day!" Riley laughs and playfully pats Jack's arm.

After necking another shot, Riley nods along in agreement as Jack recalls how people looked down up the Northern youth as they grew up. Although he's been making his own way in the world for over a decade now, it still all seems like yesterday and that Beeston childhood is still innate within Riley. "Yeah, and I feel like there's less integrity behind it all today. Lot of it's just for fucking show and Brownie points. World's lost a lot of heart." Riley places his empty glass down on the table and scoffs. "Listen to me! Now I'm the one that's soft as shite. It's the booze!"
UserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#1090 Posted : 04 April 2024 21:17:19(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jack like most people where he’s from had an extreme hatred of Mike Ashley, primarily for the way that he ran the Football club but also the various questionable issues within his businesses, he laughs a little “I honestly never want to see one of those mugs again in my life. It’s become the official symbol of the man and what he represents.” He says shaking his head. Jack laughs at the mention of Spurs, a team known for being good but never successful, “Billy’s a Spurs fan? No wonder he’s got a chip on his shoulder.” He says jokingly.

He laughs at Riley re-counting the fashion back when he started out, “Crazy to think you bunch of hooligans had people trying to manage you’s.” he says with a shake of his head, “That couldn’t have been an easy gig for anyone.” He offers as he takes another drink, “I’ll take a Primark sponsorship, when I go back up to Newcastle they’ll treat me like a fucking king.”

Jack nods as Riley talks about the state of the country right now, “It’s gone to shit. Nothing works.” He says, adding to Riley’s sentiments. “We’ve always been Labour where I’m from but we feel like we can’t even vote for them. Basically we’re fucked as a country. Not just here though, you’re right the World’s lost a lot of heart.” He laughs as he listens to Riley, “I’ve got the number for the Samaritans if you wanna give them a call?” he says jokingly.
Offline BrownSugar  
#1091 Posted : 05 April 2024 12:47:35(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Ah, shame. I was going to get one of those mugs for Christmas. Maybe throw in a cheeky Sports Direct voucher as well." Riley chuckles and his laughter only amplifies when Jack has a dig at Billy's beloved team. "Oh mate, I'd pay good money to watch you say that to his face." Riley continues laughing at the thought. Billy's definitely the most zealous when it comes to defending his team and can only imagine the back and forth between the Newcastle and Spurs fan. "Oscar's a Chelsea fan so you can imagine the debates. Still, glad it's not Arsenal. Doubt they'd ever be able to stay in the same bloody room as each other!" Billy and Oscar's relationship has always been a tad rocky so it's a very slight saving grace that they aren't direct rivals.

Riley exhales, feeling exasperated on behalf of the people who used to work around them back in the day. "Yeah, that couldn't have been an easy job. We're tame compared to then. It was utter carnage back in the day. We were a bunch of little shits. Well, not me. Fucking angel, me." Riley cups the bottom of his face and smiles, trying his utmost best to look as angelic and innocent as possible. The gruff accent really cements the image. "You think you'd take up anything like that?" Riley gets the impression that Jack's solely in this for the music and is curious about his take on sponsorships.

"Absolutely. Absolutely." Riley nods along as Jack expresses his opinion on Labour and the current situation in the UK. He couldn't agree more. "Same here, mate. Always been Labour through and through but it's a sad state of affairs these days. It's all self-serving and ego-stroking. Nobody gives a shit about us." Despite his celebrity status, Riley has always kept his feet firmly in the real world and hasn't become one of those who thinks they're above everyone else. He's in the same boat. "Mate, I think we both need to make a phone call. You heard us?" Riley laughs at how they're putting the world to rights but is enjoying the fact he's finding a kindred spirit in Jack. It's comforting finding someone who holds the same sentiments in this day and age. "World's lost heart but you seem like a good lad. There's hope for you Gen Z lot after all." Riley gives a sly wink, knowing Jack will hate being tied in with that generation.

"Christ, this is going down well." Riley throws back another shot, growing merrier and slightly more flushed in the cheeks.
UserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#1092 Posted : 07 April 2024 00:34:34(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jack laughs a little, “Can’t be putting any extra money in that mans pockets.” He says with a shake of his head. “Oscar being a Chelsea fan definitely fits.” He says with a chuckle, almost as if the team he supports is a perfect representation of how he’s viewed publicly. “You’re right about that! Spurs and Chelsea get pretty nasty these days but they’ve got nowt on the Arsenal and Spurs rivalry.”

Jack listens to Riley talk about his early years and the way the group may not have been the easiest to deal with, “When you’re young you don’t realise how much of an arsehole you were until you get older.” He laughs, thinking of how he was when he was younger. He ponders the Riley question about sponsorships, in reality he just played music, anything else that came with it was uninteresting to him, “Nah, it’s not something that I’d ever entertain. I think once you sell-out that integrity goes. Obviously people get into this for different reasons, but status and all that sort of shit doesn’t really mean much. I’d hate to be the sort of person that makes a good living off music and gets free clothes and shit given to them and actually takes them. The fuck do I want to advertise someone else’s shit for?” he shakes his head and shrugs his shoulders. “The day I do any of that shit is the day I’m finished cause I’ve lost touch with the real world.”

Jack agrees everything Riley is saying about the state of the country, “I couldn’t ever vote tory, but I definitely can’t willingly vote labour right now either. It’s a shitty situation to think that you’re not represented in any way.” He laughs a little as Riley acknowledges the generation that Jack finds himself part of, “Gen Z? Fucking hell. I think I’ve just taken a stray bullet.” He says with another laugh, shaking his head before taking another drink. He was starting to feel a slight buzz, but he’s never been one to be unable to handle his drink.
Offline BrownSugar  
#1093 Posted : 07 April 2024 07:31:27(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"Yeah, Oscar's Chelsea, Billy is Spurs through and through, Dusty...I don't think he could give less of a shit. Then you've got Scott who supports Stoke City. Go figure." Riley chuckles, filling in the rest of the blanks for Jack. They truly are a whole mixed bag of lads. "Mate, I think that was one of the very first conversations those two ever had. If you can even call it a conversation. Oscar's being all Oscar; "So, what team is it you support?". Billy's sprawled across an armchair in his hoodie and just goes; "Spurs. You?". When Oscar tells him he's a Chelsea fan, Billy just sighs, shoves his hood up and stares up the ceiling. Pretty much set the tone for the next few years." Riley loudly laughs, finding great entertainment in the petty back and forth that goes on between the pair.

"So true, bud. I was the nicest one. Some of the other lads were fucking...headcases is the best way to put it. Comparing myself to them, I thought I was nice as pie but if I really think about it? Yeahhhh I was still a bit of a twat. I just managed to keep it out of the papers." Riley gives a knowing wink. The music industry back in the early 2010's was quite something and he has many stories to tell. "Totally get you." Riley nods in agreement as Jack gives his stance on sponsorships. "Especially the free stuff. It's bizarre the more money someone has, the less they have to pay for shit. The mind fucking boggles." Riley grabs another shot. "Sometimes, you do get good opportunities. I've got a whole collaboration with Hugo Boss going on but all proceeds go to a homeless youth charity. It's rare but sometimes you get really great opportunities. Then you get emails from a company that wants you to promote weight loss teas that make you shit lava." Riley laughs and throws back is shot.

Riley furrows his eyebrows at the mere mention of the Tory party. He's definitely still a working class Northern lad at heart. "Mate, it's fucking depressing. Will never vote for one party, can no longer support my main one, then there's the guilty feeling about throwing your vote away. You ever get the urge to just piss off to another planet for a bit?" Riley snickers and then gives Jack a reassuring smile after jibing him for his age. "Ah, don't worry about it. I'm jealous if anything. In boyband years, I'm practically fucking dead!" Riley laughs and goes for another tequila, noticing the drinks are dwindling in numbers. "Fancy more of these?"
UserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#1094 Posted : 17 April 2024 23:10:32(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jack laughs a little at the clash of personalities between Oscar and Billy, “Honestly mate, I don’t know how you lot managed to deal with the whole group thing and being thrown together with a random bunch of lads.” He shakes his head before continuing, “I think I’ve made the right choice by doing the whole solo thing. It’s just me and I’ll bring along a bunch of mates to be my band for a bit if I need them. But for the most part it’s just me travelling around and doing my own thing, pub to pub.” He gives a nod, “Or if you’re a man of your word, stadium to stadium” he says with a laugh, referencing the idea of him somehow playing stadiums as support for The Weekend somewhere down the road.

“It must mess you up a bit though, being so young and having so much attention on your every move.” He takes another mouthful of his drink, “Who knows? In three years time I could be an entirely different person, you just don’t know how it might affect you.” He thinks for a moment before continuing, “I’d like to think I’d keep my feet on the ground even if things really take off with the music career. I’d like to think that I’d stay up north and be around the people that really know me, just to keep my head screwed on right … but, I’m guessing you can’t really have it all. You probably do have to make some sort of compromise along the way. Let’s hope I don’t end up on social media trying to sell you lot Huel or some fucking mobile game.”

“Out of touch. It’s as simple as that really. Nobody’s in it for the right reasons. But honestly that’s a rabbit hole that’s not worth going down.” He says with a laugh as he takes another drink, “Aye, you lads can’t have much more good years left in you at your ages, right? Surely can’t be long before you’re on the oldies circuit, comeback tours around November/December time every year so it helps kids out with knowing what to buy their mam’s for Christmas.” He gives a playful smirk, “Aye, I’m down for a few more. My round though.” He says, handing his bank card to Riley.
Offline BrownSugar  
#1095 Posted : 19 April 2024 08:59:48(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

"RILEY! RILEY!" Shrill shrieks of an overly excited young woman blasts through the vicinity, achieving a level of volume that allows her to be heard clearly over the booming music. As the night has rolled on, the number of patrons has increased and most of them are also heavily intoxicated. The anonymity and personal space that Riley and Jack were granted earlier has been rapidly crumbling with each passing round of drinks. On his return from the bathroom, Riley finds himself ambushed by a heavily made up, scantily clad and drunken young woman sporting a tan that's clearly not natural for this time of year in the UK. The jet black haired girl teeters over towards Riley, phone at the ready for a famous selfie. Her friend, a rather tall redheaded girl with perfectly formed ringlets, remains quiet and reserved but still floats around to take part in this experience. "Oh my God! Oh my God! Could I get a picture? Oh my God!". The overzealous girl already has her camera opened and ready to go regardless of Riley's answer.

"Of course you can!" Riley cheerily smiles and slips into professional mode despite being rather squiffy from all the Tequila. He tilts a little to fit into the picture with the fan as, despite her being in heels, Riley's 6'1" stature towers over her. He happily poses for the photograph, smiling away despite the inconvenience and knowing that Jack is sitting a mere 10 feet away, probably ready to take the piss upon his return.

"THANK YOU! OH MY GOD! I LOVE YOU!" the girl looks practically close to hyperventilating, fanning her face as if trying to hold back drunken tears of joy.

Riley chuckles at the dramatic reaction before turning his attention to the girl's more timid friend. "Come on you, bring it in." Riley smiles and gestures her over with an open arm. He was well aware that she also wanted a picture but didn't have the brazenness to ask unlike her bestie. Sweetly smiling, she gingerly walks over and Riley also takes a picture with her. Meanwhile, the loud girl appears to be recording the interaction. "Thank you ladies. Have a nice night." Riley grins, making sure to be as gracious as possible but also letting it be known that he's not hanging around.

Back at the table, he sits down across from Jack and lets out an exaggerated sigh. "Think the most difficult part is trying to keep your eyes up front." Riley doesn't need to give further details as they both know he's referring to the first girl's extremely lowcut dress and exaggerated cleavage. One wrong move and she could be on an indecent exposure charge. Riley laughs and necks another shot. "Sorry about that, mate. Bet your arse is numb being sat here. Had a few others want some pictures on my way back. Swear I weren't up to owt in the toilet." Riley chuckles, sounding the tiniest bit slurred. He'd been away from the table for quite some time and as the place got busier, trips to the bathroom and bar grew more difficult. "Did I miss much when I was on my expedition? Man United crash and burn off the face of the Earth yet?" Riley laughs and folds his arms, relaxing back into the booth but is soon alerted by that blaring voice again.

"JACK!! JACK! MY MATE THINKS YOU'RE FIT!!" Riley's drunken admirer calls from across the way, pointing at and embarrassing her friend who looks like she just wants the ground to open and swallow her up.

Riley raises an eyebrow and gives Jack a sly smirk. "Oof, you got an admirer, mate. Want me to leave you to it?" He heartily laughs before pulling out his phone. Checking the time and realising it's already gone midnight, Riley looks up and surveys the heaving bar. Weighing up their options, he figures that the Devil's Playground has probably given them both all it can offer tonight. The clientele are only growing more boisterous and while that's usually part of the fun, as a public figure, it just means harassment. "Mate, do you want to just stay at mine for the night? I've got the room and the booze. Can also hear yourself think as well." Riley pauses and then glances back over towards the gaggle of girls. A smirk slowly spreads across his face. "Though if you think you're on to a promise, I can make myself scarce."
UserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#1096 Posted : 24 April 2024 22:29:54(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jack laughed an nodded to Riley, letting him know that he found that sort of hero worship humorous and also giving him the heads up that he was happy for Riley to do what he needed to do. He knew with the bar getting busier and more rowdy that Riley was going to be inundated with attention from this point onwards and was aware of how social media is and it’s importance for Riley to interact with the fans in a warm and friendly way. He watches as Riley deals with the situation like he has no doubt had to thousands of times over and shakes his head playfully as Riley sits back down opposite him, he lets out a laugh at the opening comment about the young lady’s risqué outfit, “Aye, she’s not left much to the imagination there like.” He says as he takes another shot and laughs, “Don’t worry about it, when you’re a famous world renowned superstar you’re bound to get hounded from time to time. I can’t lie, I did enjoy you having to try to navigate yourself back over here. Like an episode of total wipeout.” He says with a small chuckle. “Nah, I reckon we’re stuck with them for a bit longer. I’m enjoying watching their slow downfall though. We just need to see Man City get nailed for those 115 charges and all will be right with English Football again.”

Jack takes another mouthful of his drink, getting increasingly more difficult to hear over the noise as the place gets busier. He hears someone shouting over in their direction and nods to Riley at first, assuming it was his attention they were looking for. After Riley points out that it’s Jack they’re trying to get the attention of, he gives a small nod to the girls. Jack laughs a little at Riley’s comment, the truth is that he had no idea how to navigate the whole fame thing and although his natural instinct was to go over and interact with the girls and see how things played out, the whole fame aspect however minimal it was for Jack in comparison to Riley was still a tightrope that he was trying to walk.
“Aye, there was a time I would have been over there in a flash.” He says with a laugh, “Fuck knows what the boundaries are these days.” He shakes his head. “Honestly, fuck knows how you lot handled it when you were just a bunch of horny teenagers.” He says with a laugh before checking the time himself. He nods his head at Riley’s suggestion of heading back to his, “Yeah, honestly it’s got to be easier than trying to find my way back to my hotel in this fucking city.” He says as he finishes up his drink and takes a couple of the leftover shots. He stands to his feet, feeling the alcohol hit him slightly as he stood up for the first time in a while of heavy drinking, grabbing his jacket. He notices the two girls not taking their eyes off of them and figured he would at least give his admirer an interaction with him before he leaves, he gestures them over as they’re both getting ready to leave.
Offline BrownSugar  
#1097 Posted : 25 April 2024 05:31:18(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Riley titters as he briefly glances back over towards the adoring fans and heaving London nightlife crowd, taking in just how crowded the place has become. "Ah, it's a mission and a half alright but can't really complain. Most folk are lovely and sometimes when I feel a little...inconvenienced, shall we say...I just remind myself that they're showing support and I wouldn't be able to afford places like this if it weren't for them." Riley smiles warmly, thinking about how much his life has changed over the last decade as he securely slips his phone back into his pocket. "Course, you still get the odd twat." Riley laughs and shakes his head, mentally recalling the occasions where some wise guys have tried to take pops at him for being in a boy band. "115 and counting, lad. I'm sure there's more to be found on that lot. Let's just sit tight." Riley chuckles and begins to slip his jacket back on. While United are his main rivals, he's not opposed to City getting chucked in the bin either.

When Jack claims that he'd normally be over there in a flash, Riley slowly nods in agreement. He remembers those days and that freedom all too well. Listening to Jack talk about all the new boundaries he's facing, Riley's heart goes out to him. Not even full on dating but casual encounters and just plain socialising with new people is always a minefield. Never know how it's going to be perceived or who's going to say what to Culture Uncut. "Yeah, mate, it can be difficult to navigate. What I think is that if you're a good lad and you're confident in that knowledge, then you should try make the most of an opportunity. Can't be a hermit and deny yourself human contact, or even just human company forever. People might talk, yeah. That bit is shit but if you're not an absolute weirdo who's into bizarre, seedy stuff then there's no need to worry about the chatter. People meet people in bars and clubs all the time. Not a crime, pal." Riley begins to put his empty shot glasses back on the tray so that the staff have less work to do. He continues chatting away as he tidies. "And, not to sound skeezy, but you're a handsome lad who's just got a #1 single so best prepare for more of that sort of attention being flung your way!"

Riley gets to his feet and adjusts his jacket, snickering as Jack questions how Weekend coped back in the day as horny teenagers. "We didn't! You've heard of the tour bus stories!" Riley laughs and shuffles out from behind the table. "We kind of learned the hard way, for lack of better phrase. Of course, I was an angel, but Billy and Oscar were out shagging everything with a pulse. We all got our knuckles rapped from management back then when things leaked to the press. Learned to tone it down a bit. Just a bit." Riley watches as Jack gestures over towards the girls, a little surprised but happy to see that he's not totally intimidated by this new found fame. "Ey up, someone's eager..."

The duo of girls teeter over, the darkhaired one leading the way as usual while her more demure and seemingly more sober friend gingerly follows her lead.

"Hiya, Jack! Oh my God, my mate Madison thinks you're so fit!" The girl with the ill-fitted dress bellows while Madison turns all shades of pink in the background.

"Carly, oh my gosh..." Madison cups the side of her face, clearly embarrassed but not so much as to knock the huge gleaming smile off her face.
UserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#1098 Posted : 25 April 2024 23:33:54(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jack laughs a little as Riley talks about his fanbase, for the most part Riley managed to make it sound alright. He was sure that Riley probably had the same thoughts about suddenly being thrown into the spotlight, of course the level that the Weekend boys would have had to deal with far outweigh anything coming Jack’s way. “You ever had to get into it with them?” he asks, wondering just how physical or verbal things could be. Despite the number one single, Jack’s profile was still pretty obscure, the odd person here or there would recognize him but he just sort of blended in for the most part. “Aye, I don’t think I’d be happy with them getting a points deduction. I want some sort of ban or exclusion for that lot. It’s definitely seemed a bit dodgy from day one for Man City.”

Jack nods as Riley talks about the challenges of navigating the dating side of things, not knowing who to trust and worrying about potential stories being made up bothered Jack. Not from his own perspective, but the thought of family members reading nonsense stories about him. He had seen it bury many good people especially in the UK, so he appreciated Riley’s comments and advice. “There’s that many people that are just out there to try to take you down. You can be saintly and still be fuckin’ ruined by people chatting shit. You must have had some of that back in the day.” He shrugs a little, “I suppose it’s all a bit of a learning curve.” Jack laughs at Riley’s comment, “Aye, the least I can do is say hello. You did the same for your hordes of worshippers over there. I think I can manage that for my one fan.” He says with a chuckle.

Jack gives a warm smile as the girls make their way over, “Someone isn’t shy, eh?” he says at the more confident Carly, he looks at Madison and gives her a friendly smile, “Nice to meet you Madison. I wouldn’t feel too embarrassed, honestly it makes a nice change from our Riley getting all the attention over there.” He says with a smirk, gesturing to Riley before looking back at Madison, “So, where you from, Madison?” wanting to at least make her brief interaction with him feel a little personal.
Offline BrownSugar  
#1099 Posted : 28 April 2024 08:41:49(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Riley laughs softly, recalling many heated past encounters when Jack asks him if he's ever gotten into it with an aggressor. "Mate, Billy was the man for that. Still is. Doesn't have time for any bullshit." Although Billy is much friendlier than his media persona would lead people to believe, he still has a lot of edge and wouldn't think twice about putting someone in their place. "I'm much more placid, me. When people start, I just take the high road and try to ignore them. Only causes more attention and you wind up looking like the bad guy anyway since stories are spun in all directions. Only ever snapped at someone once. Was a photographer who just wasn't taking no for an answer. Kept pushing at us, getting in our way, sticking his camera in our faces. The pap ended up knocking Dust on his arse and I gave him what for. You've seen the height and frame of Dustyn. There's nothing to the lad." Despite coming from a rough background, Riley has a very chilled and pleasant demeanour. Causing physical harm to one of his best friends is where he draws the line, however.

"In a way, I've been lucky that the press sort of made a beeline for Dustyn and Billy instead. Poor lads have been like catnip to the papers. I've still had some stories written about me but I've managed to have a healthy balance of being saint and sinner without too much interference." Riley snickers and then tries to lighten his take on things so not to terrify newcomer Jack in regards to what could potentially be heading his way. "At the end of the day, it's all just sexless saddos writing for The Sun and Daily Mail. Fodder to make their own lives a little more exciting. Believe me, I'd much rather be on Dan Wootton's mind at night than the other way around." Riley laughs and gives Jack a playful pat on the shoulders before sending him off to his adoring public.

Madison smiles and blushes slightly, clearly not used to the spotlight and attention. "I'm from Bristol." Her accent becomes rather apparent when she actually is given airtime to talk. "I'm studying at the Imperial College here so...I'm a London gal for the next couple years."

"I'm just here to see my girl for the weekend. Too thick for university and all that, I am." Carly interjects before sucking the remnants of an unnaturally green concoction up through a straw.

Madison giggles at her vivacious friend then turns her attention back to Jack. "I'm sorry about Carly's comment earlier. Oh my gosh, I'm so embarrassed! It really is lovely to meet you though. I think you're great!"

"He's not bad, I suppose." Riley chimes in, giving Jack a pat on the back.
UserPostedImage