logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#1 Posted : 27 January 2010 13:08:56(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Ryan Ross Hernandez may not be lucky in love, but the guy sure knows how to write the kind of heartfelt lyrics that make women swoon.

Just three weeks after his break-up with Emily Williams, Ryan has debuted a new song of his called "Covered in Rain". Hernandez played the song for people at the HMV Hammersmith Apollo in London last night.

The lyrics include: "And come the new year... that LA girl left / She mentioned something 'bout it being for the best / And I can't say I disagree and it's killing me"

"LA girl", Eh, with verses like that you are just begging to stir up rumors.

A video of the performance can be found below including the banter he gave beforehand:

Quote:
Ryan Ross Hernandez:

"Rain can represent one of two things. Either it represents the gloominess of a situation, or a cleansing of the soul. This song can be viewed many different ways. I mean, the song has so simple lyrics but yet they can mean so much depending on how you read into it. I don't really want to give my personal meaning of the song because it will just brainwash your own opinion on what the song is about so, I'm just going to let the lyrics do the talking so listen very closely to them. Musically, which I can talk about, is a epitome of modern blues, which probably sounds like a complete and utter douche statement but honestly, I'm already the spokesperson for "Asshole Weekly". So get ready 'cause this song will probably last a day. This is a new song, that I just wrote a little over three weeks ago. This little blues-y, moody tune is called "Covered in Rain".

"In these days, with the world getting colder,
She spends more time sleeping over
Than I planned.

Tonight we're gonna order in,
Drinkin' wine and watching CNN.
It's dark I know but then again
It's the brightest thing I got

When I'm covered in rain, rain
When I'm covered in rain, rain, rain, rain

From fireworks to fire places
Summer stole what fall replaces
And now, and now we're people watching
All the people, people watching us right back now

Standing by the missing signs
At the Starbucks by the checkout line
She puts her quiet hands in mine
'Cause she's the brightest thing I got

When I'm covered in rain, rain
When I'm covered in rain, rain, rain, rain
Oh, I'm covered in rain, oh I'm covered in rain
Oh, I'm covered in rain, oh, now now, oh now now no

[Guitar solo]

And come the new year... Hmmm that LA girl left
She mentioned something 'bout it being for the best
And I can't say I disagree and it's killing me

And now I'm standing facing west
Tracing my fingers 'round her silhouette
I haven't gotten used to you
But it's the best thing I got

When I'm covered all in rain, in rain
Yeah rain, yeah, yeah rain

[Outro]

On a sailboat I am
slowly floating nowhere
Lost the memories of where I am and why

Black ocean churning
a million stars are burning
planetariums were right about the sky

Once upon the day I set off on the journey
Wishing on the wind take me far from home
Now I'm on the waves
And I'm taking on water, hard to see,
I won't always be alone

There was a time when July sun was high and centered on me
but it dipped behind my back and settled down
Used to square up to the land, used to size it in my hand
but it fell behind the line that meets the sky

Once upon the day I pushed off on the journey
Wishing on the wind to take me far from home
Now I'm on the waves
And I'm taking on water, hard to see,
I won't always be alone

Inside this storm whipping in the wind
my sail is torn
In other words, the ends are never not my own

Hard to believe I won't always be alone

On a sailboat I am
slowly floating nowhere
Hoping someday I wash up on someone else's shore...
"

Ryan didn't share the inspiration behind the song, but the time period fits perfectly to led many to believe that it is about Emily indeed! Later that night, Hernandez tweeted his thoughts, saying: "That felt great to play again. Covered in Rain felt pretty good. Gonna tweak it a bit if it makes final cut."

If it does make the final cut, that 6-minute long guitar solo from Hernandez, will probably be reduced to much least, and so might the near 3-in a half minute long outro. The live version lasted nearly 15-minutes. But in whichever form it makes the record, the song sounds much more blues-oriented than previous songs, which have progressively grown in Ryan's solo career.

If the song does turnout to be about Emily, it wouldn't be a shocker since 98% percent of Ryan's songs are based off of former lovers. Which Hernandez, maybe purposelessly, joked about his inspiration on writing lyrics:

"That's just the risk women run when they have a relationship with me. When [and if] the relationship ends, I will write songs about them. It is just in my nature to base my music on real life experiences. But I never write and never will write offensive songs about exes. I do think there are limits when it comes to what I write about ex-girlfriends. For now at least no ex has come to be angered because of something I've about them."

And speaking of Twitter, Ryan doesn't share the love for it most celebrities do! When asked about it, he replied, "It’s inherently silly and it’s inherently dumb."

"I've always communicated at a high level as best I can whether it's Twitter, or message boards or wherever. I don't have a devotion to Twitter. I didn't sell out to Twitter. Hype doesn't last forever. You do Twitter until everybody gets off of Twitter and it's something else you go and try out."

Whether Ryan Ross Hernandez hates Twitter or not, or for that matter hates the internet in general. He is very clear of the a--hole status the media has placed on him.

What's your take on Hernandez' new song? Do you feel the young blues-man is doing the right thing by basing many, if not, all of his songs on ex-girlfriends?

Edited by user 27 January 2010 13:10:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline Synxhard  
#2 Posted : 27 January 2010 13:57:00(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
OOC: Gonna respond in OOC cause none of my guys really like RRH. So, anyways, I'm pretty sure out of anyone on this forum, you can definitely make the most quality rp content out of anything, be it a show, single, etc., etc. Nicely done.
Offline PANIC!  
#3 Posted : 27 January 2010 14:29:05(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Synxhard wrote:
OOC: Gonna respond in OOC cause none of my guys really like RRH. So, anyways, I'm pretty sure out of anyone on this forum, you can definitely make the most quality rp content out of anything, be it a show, single, etc., etc. Nicely done.

(OOC: Thanks man, that means a lot. I always try to put up the best work I can, which a lot of times means deleting an entire roleplay then starting over but I think that is just a tendency I have. Whether it be the most basic of things or an enormous album description, I always to give it some sort-of backbone to it. But again, thank you, I don't mind whether it be IC or not, it's nice knowing that someone also enjoys what I spend time working on. Which reminds I haven't posted a show performance in a while, gotta do one of those soon.)
UserPostedImage
Offline Moquel  
#4 Posted : 28 January 2010 07:39:12(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
I really do like " Covered in Rain" I love the lyrics and the sadness in the lyrics you can see.
UserPostedImage