logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline PANIC!  
#1 Posted : 07 February 2010 12:34:57(UTC)
PANIC!

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Everything Is Amazing and Nobody Is Happy LP + If Home Is Where the Heart Is... EP
UserPostedImage

Ryan Ross Hernandez, February 1st, 2010 wrote:
A few months ago I was lying in bed in my hotel room, falling asleep to my Sirius XM radio, when I decided to spend some time on the B. B. King's Bluesville station. I was looking for the oldest music I could find. I’m obsessed with time lately, constantly crunching the numbers to get some sense of where I stand in the continuum.

The more I thought about it, the more I needed to have some proof, in the form of music to explain to people. Your life’s soundtrack is your fingerprint, tracing all the individual way points, taking into account all the curveballs, surprises, and heartbreaks.

I want to bring back the classic blues-rock elements —12-bar blues, extended boogie jams and a heavy, riff-oriented sound and feel—with the loud, overdriven electric guitar-driven sound of rock and roll.

I want to bring a 60s-feel to today's music. In the making of this new material, I will only listen to music from the '60s.

I want to make a definite line between Mister Douchebag, The Public Persona, and Ryan Ross Hernandez, The Musician. When people listen to this LP/EP, I want them to place themselves in those positions, just that state-of-mind and not take about if this song or that is about this celeb ex-girlfriend of mine or that.

I want to host an Open House for bright things and dark things, for lame jokes and sad chords, and for melodies that lift me off the ground.

I want to be less fun at parties, and find it hard to meet new people.
I want to be happier in the house than out of it.
I want to be fearless and remember not to compromise a thing, until the work is done and it's time to shorten it for the radio.

I want to be myself and shut the rest out.

--.` Welcome to a place where, Everything Is Amazing and Nobody Is Happy. Welcome to 2010.

RECORDING PROCESS:

UserPostedImage
LP3 Release Date: Late Spring or Early Summer 2010
EP Release Date: Unspecified March 2010

Confirmed Tracks LP:
• "A Half-Hearted Lover, I Am" (The Man Who's Never Truly Loved Anything) [Status: Mastered]
• "Belief Is What We're Fighting For" [Status: Demo]
• "Perfect Rhyme for "Marriage" Is Suicide" [Status: Mixed]

Confirmed Tracks EP: (Tentatively Titles)
• "Matrimony Is Paving the Way for Preplanned Alchemy" [Status: Mixed]
• "Lonely Heart. Dirty Mind." [Status: Mixed]
• "Covered in Rain" [Status: Mastered]
Untitled Covered in Rain Sequel [Status: Mixing]

Edited by user 07 February 2010 14:52:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage