logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline forkboy  
#21 Posted : 25 August 2010 09:44:02(UTC)
forkboy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Aside from someone biting your cock off when it's in their mouth what are these extra health risks to oral sex over vaginal?
Offline sharinganerror  
#22 Posted : 25 August 2010 10:02:19(UTC)
sharinganerror

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
Aside from someone biting your cock off when it's in their mouth what are these extra health risks to oral sex over vaginal?

Again brings the argument of promiscuity vs. monogamy while also stating that oral carries many of the same risks as anal, just not as frequently.
Offline Gildermershina  
#23 Posted : 26 August 2010 07:42:41(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
sharinganerror wrote:
On the discussion for adoption, while I'll agree with you on it being a noble act, it shouldn't be as necessarily prevalent as it is today. I mean, everyone has a choice right? If the parents were unable or unresponsible enough to even have that kid, then why did they? If such importance on safe sex is placed in society, why the hell are people having kids only to abort or put them up for adoption? The scenario shouldn't even occur nearly as much if at all in my opinion.

The issue with the safe sex thing is pretty simple: people don't always practice "safe sex", nor is "safe sex" always 100% safe. People forget, are too lazy, run out of contraceptives, don't like the feel of the condom, rely on the other partner for birth control... any number of reasons really. Much of the time it is stupid people making stupid decisions. Abortion is not, or at least should not be an easy option for anyone. Putting a kid up for adoption when you absolutely cannot support a child seems entirely noble, and again, not an easy decision for anyone. It's not like they go "oh phew, a way out." Parents, mothers in particular, are biologically hard-wired to feel love toward their child. Seems wrong to just assume it's always just an easy way out of having to take responsibility.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline sharinganerror  
#24 Posted : 26 August 2010 17:45:12(UTC)
sharinganerror

Gildermershina wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
On the discussion for adoption, while I'll agree with you on it being a noble act, it shouldn't be as necessarily prevalent as it is today. I mean, everyone has a choice right? If the parents were unable or unresponsible enough to even have that kid, then why did they? If such importance on safe sex is placed in society, why the hell are people having kids only to abort or put them up for adoption? The scenario shouldn't even occur nearly as much if at all in my opinion.

The issue with the safe sex thing is pretty simple: people don't always practice "safe sex", nor is "safe sex" always 100% safe. People forget, are too lazy, run out of contraceptives, don't like the feel of the condom, rely on the other partner for birth control... any number of reasons really. Much of the time it is stupid people making stupid decisions. Abortion is not, or at least should not be an easy option for anyone. Putting a kid up for adoption when you absolutely cannot support a child seems entirely noble, and again, not an easy decision for anyone. It's not like they go "oh phew, a way out." Parents, mothers in particular, are biologically hard-wired to feel love toward their child. Seems wrong to just assume it's always just an easy way out of having to take responsibility.

While you do have an undeniable point, you can't generalize in the sense that ALL people think rationally, because those types of people still exist in society.
Offline forkboy  
#25 Posted : 26 August 2010 20:52:26(UTC)
forkboy

It's not rational though. It's emotional, and emotions are never rational.
Offline sharinganerror  
#26 Posted : 27 August 2010 12:00:28(UTC)
sharinganerror

forkboy wrote:
It's not rational though. It's emotional, and emotions are never rational.

In one context that is true, but I was referring to the context in which a rational decision is equated with behavior that is self-interested to the point of being selfish, or when an individual's goals or motives are taken for granted and not made subject to criticism, ethical or otherwise
Offline Mt. Epic  
#27 Posted : 04 September 2010 09:13:58(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
right and wrong are based on morals and traditions. if you're morals agree towards any form of true love to exist, than homosexuality isn't a bad thing. I'm so sad that we live in a world where many simple things in life such as love have their own taboos. I mean, after all, we live in a free world, well most of us at least. I don't think we should really care about other ppls decisions on their lifestyle. The fact that a gay rights activist groups exist just anger me because it means that christians are controlling, even when the world is free. It angers me that abortion and stem cell research is being questioned because it kills practically inorganic fetuses which could save lives of millions all because christians are controlling. This is a free world, where u can do wutever u please within certain limitations, and one certain religion shouldn't be a limitation. No religion should limit ur limitations. I'm not anti-christians, but when democracy came about, it meant liberty, and i don't want any priest pushing his ideals down my throat, unless i approve.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#28 Posted : 04 September 2010 09:27:55(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Mt. Epic wrote:
right and wrong are based on morals and traditions. if you're morals agree towards any form of true love to exist, than homosexuality isn't a bad thing. I'm so sad that we live in a world where many simple things in life such as love have their own taboos. I mean, after all, we live in a free world, well most of us at least. I don't think we should really care about other ppls decisions on their lifestyle. The fact that a gay rights activist groups exist just anger me because it means that christians are controlling, even when the world is free. It angers me that abortion and stem cell research is being questioned because it kills practically inorganic fetuses which could save lives of millions all because christians are controlling. This is a free world, where u can do wutever u please within certain limitations, and one certain religion shouldn't be a limitation. No religion should limit ur limitations. I'm not anti-christians, but when democracy came about, it meant liberty, and i don't want any priest pushing his ideals down my throat, unless i approve.

Why do people keep blaming JUST the Christians? It's not only Christian who are against Gays. There are MANY people who practice other religions who are against gays. There are people who aren't even religious and are against gays. There are EVEN people who are gay who go against gays! And the list goes on......

There will be hatred in this world and when someone has an strong opinion or belief and they have to keep up a reputation for it, you CANT change their mind 99% of the time.
Instead of playing the 'blame' game people should just love each other as much as possible. Make the best of it and obviously you can and you always have the right to fight for your rights. But you can only do so much.

Violence and all that other stuff is of coarse is unacceptable, but it's just like when a murder kills an innocent person. They either serve time or get away with it. That's how the world works. I will no longer beat myself about it. I'm going to live a civil life without changing my desires. If I got to hell. Then oh well.

That's it.

Edit:

Same thing goes with the immigration and racial profiling thing.

Edited by user 04 September 2010 09:30:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline forkboy  
#29 Posted : 04 September 2010 10:39:28(UTC)
forkboy

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Why do people keep blaming JUST the Christians? It's not only Christian who are against Gays. There are MANY people who practice other religions who are against gays. There are people who aren't even religious and are against gays. There are EVEN people who are gay who go against gays! And the list goes on......

The main reason is because you, I, and the others in this thread live in countries where Christianity is the biggest religion, and where to a certain extent they grew up in Christian societies to one degree or another. It is easier to rage against what you know than what you are ignorant of.

Really, the omni-prescence of Christianity in Western society makes it an easier target than other faiths. Easier and less contentious to attack the majority than a minority to be sure.
#30 Posted : 04 September 2010 10:53:49(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

The main reason is because you, I, and the others in this thread live in countries where Christianity is the biggest religion, and where to a certain extent they grew up in Christian societies to one degree or another. It is easier to rage against what you know than what you are ignorant of.

Really, the omni-prescence of Christianity in Western society makes it an easier target than other faiths. Easier and less contentious to attack the majority than a minority to be sure.

Right, and what people don't think about is that Christianity is just a label for many people. A lot of people say they are Christian, yet they don't go to church or read the bible. Meaning they are not Christian. Also, They base their statistics off of a piece of paper where the person writes, circles or checks what religion they will fall in or the option that they are not religious. At least that's what I was told. I'm not sure if that's 100% true.

Most of the people who I know hate gays aren't Christian. Most Christians I know don't HATE gays, they just don't accept it. Accepting and hating someone is two very different things. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that people seem to just blame Christians and that is just spreading more hate and defeating the purpose of "love". As corny as that sounds.

Offline Mt. Epic  
#31 Posted : 04 September 2010 11:16:17(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

There will be hatred in this world and when someone has an strong opinion or belief and they have to keep up a reputation for it, you CANT change their mind 99% of the time.
Instead of playing the 'blame' game people should just love each other as much as possible. Make the best of it and obviously you can and you always have the right to fight for your rights. But you can only do so much.

Violence and all that other stuff is of coarse is unacceptable, but it's just like when a murder kills an innocent person. They either serve time or get away with it. That's how the world works. I will no longer beat myself about it. I'm going to live a civil life without changing my desires. If I got to hell. Then oh well.

That's it.

Edit:

Same thing goes with the immigration and racial profiling thing.

You don't really see Jews or Muslims out protesting gay marriage.
UserPostedImage

Offline Raphaela  
#32 Posted : 04 September 2010 13:19:14(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Mt. Epic wrote:

In most muslim countries, the penalty for sodomy is death.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline Mt. Epic  
#33 Posted : 04 September 2010 15:04:32(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Raphaela wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

that's sodomy, not gay marriage.
UserPostedImage

#34 Posted : 04 September 2010 23:19:41(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Mt. Epic wrote:
Raphaela wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

Yeah because those hundreds of Christians represent all the millions and millions that don't do that. Not even my mother would agree to do that. People like you are so ignorant and stereotypical of Christians. The "Christians" who do that aren't Christians in the first place because they represent hate. Jesus loved everyone.

Anyways, what makes you think that if the Jews and Muslims in many countries don't allow gay sex, that they will allow gay marriage. I know places where if you look a man or wowan, you get stoned to death. Those people aren't Christians. According to the Holy Bible, you have no right whatsoever to KILL anyone.

Offline Mt. Epic  
#35 Posted : 06 September 2010 17:08:23(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
Raphaela wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

Yeah because those hundreds of Christians represent all the millions and millions that don't do that. Not even my mother would agree to do that. People like you are so ignorant and stereotypical of Christians. The "Christians" who do that aren't Christians in the first place because they represent hate. Jesus loved everyone.

Anyways, what makes you think that if the Jews and Muslims in many countries don't allow gay sex, that they will allow gay marriage. I know places where if you look a man or wowan, you get stoned to death. Those people aren't Christians. According to the Holy Bible, you have no right whatsoever to KILL anyone.

My criticism towards the ppl who oppose gay rights (who tend to be hard-rooted conservative christians) are hypocritical of their own personal beliefs. I'm not bringing up the middle east on this because it's just a trainwreck over there. They have different beliefs there. The ones in the free world have freedom of religion and freedom of speech, pursuit of happiness, liberty, etc. and most of the anti-homosexuals based their viewpoints from christian standpoints. But, don't we have freedom of religion? not everyone is a christian. But, then it leads to the question as to whether or not the priest is willing to marry the gay couple. But, in today's world, u don't even need a priest to perform a marriage. it can be done at court. see my point? i'm not saying that "oh, christians are the most evil ppl in the world". what i'm saying is that they support their theories from a religious perspective, which is unethical towards all the other religions out there. But the fact that these religion lovers are so large in numbers is why none of these gay rights movements aren't doing quite so well
UserPostedImage

#36 Posted : 06 September 2010 21:15:28(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Mt. Epic wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
Raphaela wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

My criticism towards the ppl who oppose gay rights (who tend to be hard-rooted conservative christians) are hypocritical of their own personal beliefs. I'm not bringing up the middle east on this because it's just a trainwreck over there. They have different beliefs there. The ones in the free world have freedom of religion and freedom of speech, pursuit of happiness, liberty, etc. and most of the anti-homosexuals based their viewpoints from christian standpoints. But, don't we have freedom of religion? not everyone is a christian. But, then it leads to the question as to whether or not the priest is willing to marry the gay couple. But, in today's world, u don't even need a priest to perform a marriage. it can be done at court. see my point? i'm not saying that "oh, christians are the most evil ppl in the world". what i'm saying is that they support their theories from a religious perspective, which is unethical towards all the other religions out there. But the fact that these religion lovers are so large in numbers is why none of these gay rights movements aren't doing quite so well

I get what you're saying but my point is what I said exactly. People seem to just point out Christians as if they were they only ones.
Offline TheCDs  
#37 Posted : 07 September 2010 17:01:15(UTC)
TheCDs

stephaniewazhere wrote:
forkboy wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Right, and what people don't think about is that Christianity is just a label for many people. A lot of people say they are Christian, yet they don't go to church or read the bible. Meaning they are not Christian. Also, They base their statistics off of a piece of paper where the person writes, circles or checks what religion they will fall in or the option that they are not religious. At least that's what I was told. I'm not sure if that's 100% true.

Most of the people who I know hate gays aren't Christian. Most Christians I know don't HATE gays, they just don't accept it. Accepting and hating someone is two very different things. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that people seem to just blame Christians and that is just spreading more hate and defeating the purpose of "love". As corny as that sounds.

Christianity is easy to blame because as forkboy said it is what most Westerners know. Also, the bible is clear that any homosexuality is a sin (as Gildermershina pointed out, anything that isn't procreational sex between man and wife is technically a sin)

sharinganerror wrote:
Forkboy, your points are sound but, are you gay? I mean, if you were.. could you honestly say to yourself that you've never had a sexual thought about any female before in your life up until your "revelation". To be serious, I doubtany little kid has grown up attracted to boys, rather he chose his preference in the midst of his adolescence at the youngest. Of course there are several arguments to my point, but I'm just throwing that out there again.
forkboy wrote:
No, I'm a heterosexual, just for the record. And I never made any decision, concious or sub-concious, to be attracted to women. Nor do I make a choice of which women I am attracted to. But to counter your point, it's not completely unknown for straight men to have a sexual thought about another man, especially in those odd years of adolecence. So no, I can't say I particularly agree that thinking about a girl once and what she'd look like naked would suddenly disprove your sexuality. And aside from it all, the current thought in sexual psychology is that quite a lot of people are not 100% straight or 100% gay (which isn't to say that someone 90% straight will actually have sex with another man), it just seems that human sexuality does not exist in a binary state, there are plenty of bisexuals. That does not instantly disprove that homosexuality is a naturally occuring event.

I have spoken to gays and lesbians, I've read comments they've made and not one has ever declared "I chose to be this way." The only choice that appears to exist is whether to be honest with yourself and admit your sexuality, or to live a life in denial. Like numerous politicians over the years.

Wait, if you never made the choice to be attracted to women, then how are you straight? Couldn't you just be a homosexual falsely having relations with the opposite sex? If a supposed straight man had a sexual thought about another man, that leaves room for questioning. How can someone be a % of a sexual orientation? Shouldn't you just go ahead and profess that they're all bisexual. Preference in terms of sexuality means shit when there's still a small part rooting for the other team.
Fucking explain to me why the hell do these politicians and celebrities and whoever the fuck get married, have kids, and then years later come out? Someone has to be lying because if they were really in denial the entire time, then they should feel ashamed for the pain they've caused those involved.

Actually, Alfred Kinsey did extensive research into sexuality and came up with the concept of everyone being at least a little bisexual. Basically no one is 100% gay or 100% straight, but somewhere in between. Some people may be closer to one end or another or in the middle but they all have a little bit. For example, Brad Pitt is an attractive man, I am sure most men, including you, would agree with me on that point. We can recognize the attractiveness of someone of the same sex, that doesn't mean I am turned on by him, nor does that mean I would have sex with him or any other man. However, how can I be 100% pure testosterone hetero if I can recognize the attractiveness of another man?

Edited by user 07 September 2010 19:12:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline Mt. Epic  
#38 Posted : 07 September 2010 17:31:52(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
Raphaela wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

I get what you're saying but my point is what I said exactly. People seem to just point out Christians as if they were they only ones.

it's not like the randomly picked straws and chose christians u know, like i said, ther's a majority of christians who supporting opposite sex marriage than any other religion, all for the wrong reasons.
UserPostedImage

Offline chopper1156  
#39 Posted : 08 January 2011 15:22:27(UTC)
chopper1156

Man

I personally don't care if somebody is gay or straight and neither would god (if he is real) I mean if god created us in his image why would he not like gays? if he is some all knowing and loving being he really shouldn't care
Old Successes

The Rebels
Iron Hammer
Till Death Do Us Part

Now-Act Of God-New Wave of American Heavy Metal/Nu-Metal

Sounds like-Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, Stone Sour, Godsmack, Black Label Society, Black Sabbath, and Ozzy.

Signed to-Monk on Fire Music

Jason Wilson
Connor McWilliams
Geo
Sebastian
Alex Walkman

Nominated for Best Band at the 21st IMAS/Birdies
Offline Mt. Epic  
#40 Posted : 09 January 2011 07:03:04(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

it's really pathetic that this is even a debate in the year 2011. If people don't like it, then they can shove it. It's none of their business to be telling others how to live. Not every belives in the same beliefs regarding homosexuality, and if people want to shove their ideals down people's throats, then this isn't the way by simply protesting marriage between two individuals of the same gender without even "teaching them the right way' beforehand.
UserPostedImage