logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Aj  
#1 Posted : 08 August 2010 00:39:02(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
RIGHT well I don't know how much support there is on either side of this, and hopefully we could have a nice meaty discussion about it seeing as there hasn't been one in quite a while. So basically, is it okay to be gay. Simple question, and most people in the modern age would say a quite simple answer, but is it REALLY okay to be gay? I mean, looking from an evolutionary perspective, surely homosexuals bring no advances to the human race at all? Is it okay in the eyes of the lord to be gay? What about adoption by gay parents, it's quite a touchy area.

Btw, don't have a rant at me about being homophobic, I'm playing the devils advocate here.
Offline forkboy  
#2 Posted : 08 August 2010 00:52:00(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Being gay is fine so long as any intercourse is between two consenting adults, much like any other kind of intercourse.
Offline Gildermershina  
#3 Posted : 08 August 2010 03:44:28(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
It is actually, at this point in human history, better to be gay, because there are too many people. The birthrate needs lowering - though mostly in developing countries, and unfortunately those are the kinds of countries where homosexuality is still a serious crime.

If being gay is somehow immoral because it doesn't produce offspring and advance the species, then any kind of recreational sex is also, by definition, immoral.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline ALX  
#4 Posted : 08 August 2010 05:32:06(UTC)
ALX

Man

To me, it seems that the people who say homosexuality is bad are the people too rooted in their ways, which tend to be conservative and Christian (but not everyone who is a conservative Christian is homophobic and vice versa), and refuse to change their views.
RP Only Since July 2010

The Owner Of:

Long Nights- [alt-rock/post-grunge- think Foo Fighters meets Creature with the Atom Brain] MTN Climber
-Ryan Page: Vocals/Guitar/Keys
-Warren Mcgriff- Guitar
-Christopher I. Myers- Bass
-Blake Renwick- Drums

The World According To St. Jimmy- [Pop-punk/punk- Think Green Day meets Social Distortion]
-Michael "Dog" Bryant: Vocals
-Shawn "Shady" Harris: Guitar
-Jeff Zamora: Bass
-Karl Hine: Drums

forkboy wrote:
STOP MISSING THE FUCKING POINT YOU INTENTIONALLY OBTUSE BUFFOON

Paradox wrote:
*Shotgun clicks*

Dont mess with prog

The Skulls wrote:
Why thank you. Wait, if I'm alive then -- oh lawdy BRRRAAAAIIINZZZ

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#5 Posted : 08 August 2010 06:01:38(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Victim: Do you love me. I'm gay.

Christian: I will pray for you. *prays*

Victim: I'm still gay.

Christian: Let me try again.

Victim: Hold on. May I ask you a question?

Christian: Sure.

Victim: Do you love me?

Christian: I will pray for you.

Victim: So you don't love me? Doesn't god say love everyone?

Christian: I will pray for you. I love everyone.

Victim: Fine.

Christian: In the name of ****, we will not let the devil sneak into your soul. In the name of ****, this demon inside of you will vanish. *moments later*
Congratulations! You are now official straight....again.

Victim: Thank you!

Christian: You're welcome! Make sure to keep coming to church so your relationship with god maintains.

Vicitim: I've been coming to church since day one........ but anyways, thank you!

*Leaves church* Hmmmm........ Nope still there I guess. WHY ME?

Offline forkboy  
#6 Posted : 08 August 2010 06:13:22(UTC)
forkboy

It's interesting really how little we actually know about our own sexuality (I mean as a species). You know, we don't know if you're born straight or gay, if it develops as a response to our enviroment (a sub-concious response, not one that we choose to make, that at least is certain). We know for certain that you don't conciously choose who you are attracted to anymore than you choose, for example to gain sexual pleasure from Urolagnia or corprophilia (or even paedophilia or necrophilia, two even more taboo sexual fetishes (though it seems wrong to dismiss homosexuality or heterosexuality as fetishes)), though of course some people choose to live in denial, a life which I imagine will involve an awful lot of guilt and self-flagellation, not a particularly healthy mental existence.

It's worth remembering that homosexuality has been documentated occuring in many other species, not just homo sapiens, and it's also worth remembering that the taboo that surrounds homosexuality is not one that has always existed, for example the Ancient Greeks, responsible for so many wonderful developments in science, mathematics, even the idea that the world was round and not flat, and of course philosophy, regarded relations between and older man and younger (well, teenage) boy to be the purest form of love.
Offline Aj  
#7 Posted : 08 August 2010 09:23:49(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Victim: Do you love me. I'm gay.

Christian: I will pray for you. *prays*

Victim: I'm still gay.

Christian: Let me try again.

Victim: Hold on. May I ask you a question?

Christian: Sure.

Victim: So you don't love me? Doesn't god say love everyone?

Christian: I will pray for you. I love everyone.

Victim: Fine.

Christian: In the name of ****, we will not let the devil sneak into your soul. In the name of ****, this demon inside of you will vanish. *moments later*
Congratulations! You are now official straight....again.

Victim: Thank you!

Christian: You're welcome! Make sure to keep coming to church so your relationship with god maintains.

Vicitim: I've been coming to church since day one........ but anyways, thank you!

*Leaves church* Hmmmm........ Nope still there I guess. WHY ME?

I don't get it ? :S
Online erich hess  
#8 Posted : 08 August 2010 15:21:35(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 17927 time(s) in 10419 post(s)
sure.who you love is who you love.if all parties willingly participate,why is it wrong?
gays are treated as second class citizens in america,that is bullshit.this is the 21st century,who cares what some old dusty book says?
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Captain Insano  
#9 Posted : 08 August 2010 17:33:02(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Yes, yes it is.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Online genocidal king  
#10 Posted : 09 August 2010 23:49:20(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
If they all have a good time, then yes, it is fine.
UserPostedImage
Offline sharinganerror  
#11 Posted : 18 August 2010 18:09:02(UTC)
sharinganerror

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Nobody can really prove to society that either answer to this question correct, or at least one side will die before it happens.
For the sake of plainly asking, can science tell us why only the female human can produce offspring?
I know this point has already been stated, but I just feel that even biology's telling me something about that.
Don't give me that sex change crap, adoption, or other(?) that's just cheating and creepy on all levels.

In terms of sexual intercourse, I'm not for it.. at least not for the passive role. I honestly can't give my opinion on something I haven't experienced fully.

How is it better to be gay? If you're a hetero virgin and stick to only 1 hetero virgin(vaginally), then it's extremely possible that you're gonna be disease free. Gay? I don't think so.

If you blame the hetero's for overpopulation, I'll agree. People everywhere(not just developing countries) have some pretty fucked up ideas about procreation. Pardon my racism, but I'll give you two examples. Mexicans (and I mean those specifically from Mexico) for some reason tend to have 5-10 kids by the time they hit middle age and then their kids do the same fucking thing, not contributing shit to society except for tacos and Catholicism. Africans( and I mean most of the natives excluding them whities) are dirt poor(because of their own corrupt governments and of course, us white people) and filled with AIDS(don't those damn witchdoctors get that fucking monkeys doesn't fix shit) , yet spawn like rats, leaving dozens of diseased and dead children to wander the barren continent while the disease spreads throughout the world uncontained. Look, I'm all for population control but the cold truth is that humanity doesn't give a shit.

I'll agree with your point on recreational sex as well, as it would be ridiculous not to after what I've previously stated.

God doesn't want man/woman to be gay because biblically, man was definitely not designed to be attracted to himself. Read Genesis again to find out who he made for Adam. Then read about the city of Sodom.

Forkboy, your points are sound but, are you gay? I mean, if you were.. could you honestly say to yourself that you've never had a sexual thought about any female before in your life up until your "revelation". To be serious, I doubtany little kid has grown up attracted to boys, rather he chose his preference in the midst of his adolescence at the youngest. Of course there are several arguments to my point, but I'm just throwing that out there again.

Stephaniewazhere, if that was your personal experience or someone else's.. then that hypocritical Christian is gonna get what's coming to them. The Bible in actuality teaches exactly that we must love our neighbor unconditionally, despite their choices in life. Now, this doesn't mean we accept their choices, but we love them anyway.

For anyone wondering why gays are treated like shit, it's because that's the way the world wants it is. The world doesn't give a shit about what year it is or how far we've progressed technologically or politically, because in the end the kings of this world rule us peasants. There is no questioning to that answer, just opposition.

In the end everyone chooses who they want to be, gay or straight. Let the first one without blame cast the first stone.
Offline Gildermershina  
#12 Posted : 18 August 2010 22:17:12(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Well here's the thing - if no vaginal sex is the only acceptable form of sexual act, at what point do you draw the line? Kissing, that's fine surely. Fondling? Sure. Oral sex? Totally unnatural, but that's probably okay, if a little sleazy.

I think the Sodom thing in the Bible is interesting because essentially you're talking about a what is supposed to be a city full of rapists, homosexuals, and all other manner of sinners, but the logic of that concept breaks down pretty quickly. If they are all sinners, who do they sin against? Each other? How do they procreate? Through kidnap and rape of women? How do they care for their young so that there is anyone left in the city after a generation? Did women live there too? Was it just the men who were sinners? If so, why not save the women and children? Or are they to be punished for being the objects and products of the sin of men?

Not to mention the fact that homosexuality is not named as the specific crime for which they are punished, just one example of the "perverse" sex (which if you take the Bible's meaning is ALL sex not vaginal between a married man and woman). Their specific intent was sex with angels, an entirely different concept from homosexuality. Oh, and the fact that while those cities burned, up in the hills there is INCEST going on. Silly old Lot gets so drunk that his daughters seduce him to continue the family line. Apparently that's not too much of a sin, nor is offering your own daughters freely naturally assuming they are to be raped - after all, rather them than some immortal beings.

Basically, I take issue with the very simple and inaccurate interpretation of that Biblical event - one of many that Christians hand pick from the Bible, and use out of context as specific moral condemnation. How many Christians who use that story have actually read the entire thing, in context? I haven't, but then I'm not the one using it as evidence of God's wrath towards homosexuals.

I also take issue with the idea that it is a choice. Seems like the only people who say that are those who still have the mentality that homosexuality is a disease that can be cured.
Offline forkboy  
#13 Posted : 19 August 2010 03:02:26(UTC)
forkboy

sharinganerror wrote:
Nobody can really prove to society that either answer to this question correct, or at least one side will die before it happens.
For the sake of plainly asking, can science tell us why only the female human can produce offspring?

Because women have female sexual organs. Males lack fallopian tubes, ovaries, and a womb. We do have residual breasts which is why men still have nipples, and it is not unknown for males to lactate (produce milk which is excreted through the nipples) on rare occasions.
sharinganerror wrote:
Don't give me that sex change crap, adoption, or other(?) that's just cheating and creepy on all levels.

That's a new one. I thought the religious favoured adoption over abortion? But it's CREEPY? What the fuck? Taking in a child who is not of your seed, abandoned by their parent and giving them a loving home now is creepy?

sharinganerror wrote:
In terms of sexual intercourse, I'm not for it.. at least not for the passive role. I honestly can't give my opinion on something I haven't experienced fully.

As the kids these days say, "wut?" You can't give your opinion on something you've no experience BUT you are not for it? Clarify please.

sharinganerror wrote:
How is it better to be gay? If you're a hetero virgin and stick to only 1 hetero virgin(vaginally), then it's extremely possible that you're gonna be disease free. Gay? I don't think so.

Please explain how to homosexuals who only save sexual relations with each other through out the entirety of their life are going to get STIs? Is there some weird strain of bacteria or virus that just spotaneously forms in the blood people who have decided (in your opinion) to be attracted to members of the same gender? I'm afraid that claim needs to be backed up. Homosexuals are equally as capable of monogamy as heterosexuals however, if what you were getting is that all gays are like Lewis, total manwhores (Kidding Lewis, just a cheap jibe to check if you even look at this forum!).

sharinganerror wrote:
God doesn't want man/woman to be gay because biblically, man was definitely not designed to be attracted to himself. Read Genesis again to find out who he made for Adam. Then read about the city of Sodom.

Ignoring all the biblical drivel, just a small point. Homosexuals are not attracted to themselves, they are attracted to members of the same gender. I hardly need to point out that I don't subscribe to the idea that man was designed or created.

sharinganerror wrote:
Forkboy, your points are sound but, are you gay? I mean, if you were.. could you honestly say to yourself that you've never had a sexual thought about any female before in your life up until your "revelation". To be serious, I doubtany little kid has grown up attracted to boys, rather he chose his preference in the midst of his adolescence at the youngest. Of course there are several arguments to my point, but I'm just throwing that out there again.

No, I'm a heterosexual, just for the record. And I never made any decision, concious or sub-concious, to be attracted to women. Nor do I make a choice of which women I am attracted to. But to counter your point, it's not completely unknown for straight men to have a sexual thought about another man, especially in those odd years of adolecence. So no, I can't say I particularly agree that thinking about a girl once and what she'd look like naked would suddenly disprove your sexuality. And aside from it all, the current thought in sexual psychology is that quite a lot of people are not 100% straight or 100% gay (which isn't to say that someone 90% straight will actually have sex with another man), it just seems that human sexuality does not exist in a binary state, there are plenty of bisexuals. That does not instantly disprove that homosexuality is a naturally occuring event.

I have spoken to gays and lesbians, I've read comments they've made and not one has ever declared "I chose to be this way." The only choice that appears to exist is whether to be honest with yourself and admit your sexuality, or to live a life in denial. Like numerous politicians over the years.

sharinganerror wrote:
For anyone wondering why gays are treated like shit, it's because that's the way the world wants it is. The world doesn't give a shit about what year it is or how far we've progressed technologically or politically, because in the end the kings of this world rule us peasants. There is no questioning to that answer, just opposition.

In the end everyone chooses who they want to be, gay or straight. Let the first one without blame cast the first stone.
All ready addressed that second point there, I certainly didn't choose to be straight. As for the first, plenty of people care about the treatment of homosexuals which is why gay rights are becoming a bigger issue all the time. And as society becomes more secularised more people will care about treating homosexuals as human beings and not second class citizens. Oh and errrr....who is this "king" exactly?
Offline sharinganerror  
#14 Posted : 20 August 2010 16:07:40(UTC)
sharinganerror

forkboy wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:

Because women have female sexual organs. Males lack fallopian tubes, ovaries, and a womb. We do have residual breasts which is why men still have nipples, and it is not unknown for males to lactate (produce milk which is excreted through the nipples) on rare occasions.
sharinganerror wrote:

That's a new one. I thought the religious favoured adoption over abortion? But it's CREEPY? What the fuck? Taking in a child who is not of your seed, abandoned by their parent and giving them a loving home now is creepy?

Bull-to-the-shit, in terms of absolutes we actually favor you taking responsibly for your irresponsibility and keep the kid no matter how much it will ruin your life.
(This is totally my opinion)= Adoption is for orphans, kids without living parents.

sharinganerror wrote:

As the kids these days say, "wut?" You can't give your opinion on something you've no experience BUT you are not for it? Clarify please.
I was trying not to explain how I know only half as much as I could physically, as in I've only experienced half of the routine. Therefore I'm not supporting it, and if that still doesn't answer you question, I had medical problems as a kid, a lot of problems.

sharinganerror wrote:

Please explain how to homosexuals who only save sexual relations with each other through out the entirety of their life are going to get STIs? Is there some weird strain of bacteria or virus that just spotaneously forms in the blood people who have decided (in your opinion) to be attracted to members of the same gender? I'm afraid that claim needs to be backed up. Homosexuals are equally as capable of monogamy as heterosexuals however, if what you were getting is that all gays are like Lewis, total manwhores (Kidding Lewis, just a cheap jibe to check if you even look at this forum!).
I wasn't presuming that all gays are a promiscuous. I'm just saying that just like heteros, homos are also known for sleeping around from time to time, which over time eventually causes them to contract some STD.

sharinganerror wrote:

Ignoring all the biblical drivel, just a small point. Homosexuals are not attracted to themselves, they are attracted to members of the same gender. I hardly need to point out that I don't subscribe to the idea that man was designed or created.

I was answering every question in the thread you asshole. I never meant himself as in the personal sense, but in an indirect sense like a copy of himself.

sharinganerror wrote:

No, I'm a heterosexual, just for the record. And I never made any decision, concious or sub-concious, to be attracted to women. Nor do I make a choice of which women I am attracted to. But to counter your point, it's not completely unknown for straight men to have a sexual thought about another man, especially in those odd years of adolecence. So no, I can't say I particularly agree that thinking about a girl once and what she'd look like naked would suddenly disprove your sexuality. And aside from it all, the current thought in sexual psychology is that quite a lot of people are not 100% straight or 100% gay (which isn't to say that someone 90% straight will actually have sex with another man), it just seems that human sexuality does not exist in a binary state, there are plenty of bisexuals. That does not instantly disprove that homosexuality is a naturally occuring event.

I have spoken to gays and lesbians, I've read comments they've made and not one has ever declared "I chose to be this way." The only choice that appears to exist is whether to be honest with yourself and admit your sexuality, or to live a life in denial. Like numerous politicians over the years.

Wait, if you never made the choice to be attracted to women, then how are you straight? Couldn't you just be a homosexual falsely having relations with the opposite sex? If a supposed straight man had a sexual thought about another man, that leaves room for questioning. How can someone be a % of a sexual orientation? Shouldn't you just go ahead and profess that they're all bisexual. Preference in terms of sexuality means shit when there's still a small part rooting for the other team.
Fucking explain to me why the hell do these politicians and celebrities and whoever the fuck get married, have kids, and then years later come out? Someone has to be lying because if they were really in denial the entire time, then they should feel ashamed for the pain they've caused those involved.

sharinganerror wrote:

All ready addressed that second point there, I certainly didn't choose to be straight. As for the first, plenty of people care about the treatment of homosexuals which is why gay rights are becoming a bigger issue all the time. And as society becomes more secularised more people will care about treating homosexuals as human beings and not second class citizens. Oh and errrr....who is this "king" exactly?

"Plenty"? yes. "Multitudes"? no. Society becoming more secularized.... gay rights? The only issue I see is that we have fuckers in the judicial system who take a fair ballot and overturn it just so the losing side can spit in the face of the winner. The king? No you didn't read properly, I stated Kings, you might call em presidents even. The guys over in washington watching over the country as we bicker over what fiats we think actually might happen.

Edited by user 20 August 2010 16:09:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline sharinganerror  
#15 Posted : 20 August 2010 16:16:58(UTC)
sharinganerror

Gildermershina wrote:
Well here's the thing - if no vaginal sex is the only acceptable form of sexual act, at what point do you draw the line? Kissing, that's fine surely. Fondling? Sure. Oral sex? Totally unnatural, but that's probably okay, if a little sleazy.

I think the Sodom thing in the Bible is interesting because essentially you're talking about a what is supposed to be a city full of rapists, homosexuals, and all other manner of sinners, but the logic of that concept breaks down pretty quickly. If they are all sinners, who do they sin against? Each other? How do they procreate? Through kidnap and rape of women? How do they care for their young so that there is anyone left in the city after a generation? Did women live there too? Was it just the men who were sinners? If so, why not save the women and children? Or are they to be punished for being the objects and products of the sin of men?

Not to mention the fact that homosexuality is not named as the specific crime for which they are punished, just one example of the "perverse" sex (which if you take the Bible's meaning is ALL sex not vaginal between a married man and woman). Their specific intent was sex with angels, an entirely different concept from homosexuality. Oh, and the fact that while those cities burned, up in the hills there is INCEST going on. Silly old Lot gets so drunk that his daughters seduce him to continue the family line. Apparently that's not too much of a sin, nor is offering your own daughters freely naturally assuming they are to be raped - after all, rather them than some immortal beings.

Basically, I take issue with the very simple and inaccurate interpretation of that Biblical event - one of many that Christians hand pick from the Bible, and use out of context as specific moral condemnation. How many Christians who use that story have actually read the entire thing, in context? I haven't, but then I'm not the one using it as evidence of God's wrath towards homosexuals.

I also take issue with the idea that it is a choice. Seems like the only people who say that are those who still have the mentality that homosexuality is a disease that can be cured.

Dude I was using the reference as a generalization, not specifying one point. Did I ever say it could be cured, I prefer to think of it as a condition you can't get rid of once you get it.
On terms of sexual acts, I could care less when it comes down whether kissing or oral is really acceptable, but anal really isn't natural dude. You shit out of that thing. There's a reason why it's classified as part of the digestive system, not genitalia.
Offline The Nimrods  
#16 Posted : 21 August 2010 01:16:30(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Obviously the anus wasn't meant for anything but shitting but people do anyway and have for quite some time so who gives a fuck? Also, most gay people say they were born that way, and those harassed for it usually say they wish they weren't that way. It's not a conditional at all, there's not a way to catch it unless you were gay in the first place and didn't realize it until later in life. It's definitely nature not nurture.
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline Gildermershina  
#17 Posted : 21 August 2010 01:26:00(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

sharinganerror wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

Dude I was using the reference as a generalization, not specifying one point. Did I ever say it could be cured, I prefer to think of it as a condition you can't get rid of once you get it.
On terms of sexual acts, I could care less when it comes down whether kissing or oral is really acceptable, but anal really isn't natural dude. You shit out of that thing. There's a reason why it's classified as part of the digestive system, not genitalia.

So anal sex isn't natural you say? As opposed to what, using computers? Wearing clothes?

Or if you mean in strictly the sexual arena, by your reasoning vaginal sex is the only "natural" sex act. So masturbation is out. Oral is out. Use of condoms. Sex toys... Because apparently the only NATURAL form of sex is that which has some chance of resulting in a child. Recreational sex is apparently not natural... Or perhaps you think it is, just not in that particular orifice.

Of course anal sex actually occurs throughout the animal kingdom, and has been documented. Why should Homo Sapiens be any different in that regard? So you know, couching your individual preference as biological fact doesn't really fly.

Edited by user 21 August 2010 01:27:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline forkboy  
#18 Posted : 21 August 2010 04:18:15(UTC)
forkboy

sharinganerror wrote:
Bull-to-the-shit, in terms of absolutes we actually favor you taking responsibly for your irresponsibility and keep the kid no matter how much it will ruin your life.
(This is totally my opinion)= Adoption is for orphans, kids without living parents.

The point here is that we don't live in a world of absolutes so talking in absolutes is utterly pointless. I overuse this phrase but only because it's so appropriate, the world is shades of grey. There is no black, there is no white, but there are hundreds of different, varying shades of grey. Adoption is a neccessary thing in a world where not everyone IS a responsible adult when they have kids. It allows kids to grow up in a loving family and it allows couples who are perhaps unable (or even unwilling) to have kids of their own to have a family. Adoption seems to me to be a noble act.

sharinganerror wrote:
I wasn't presuming that all gays are a promiscuous. I'm just saying that just like heteros, homos are also known for sleeping around from time to time, which over time eventually causes them to contract some STD.

But then isn't it a redundant point? People who sleep around are more likely to get infected with STI's than those who stay monogamous. That is not really relevant to the point of "is it okay to be gay?"

sharinganerror wrote:
Wait, if you never made the choice to be attracted to women, then how are you straight? Couldn't you just be a homosexual falsely having relations with the opposite sex? If a supposed straight man had a sexual thought about another man, that leaves room for questioning. How can someone be a % of a sexual orientation? Shouldn't you just go ahead and profess that they're all bisexual. Preference in terms of sexuality means shit when there's still a small part rooting for the other team.

Well see, I've got this thing called a penis right. And extra blood flows to it when something is sexually attractive to me, making it erect. And so far, it is only women who make my penis erect (we're talking only of looking at people here, I'm sure if a man started sucking on my dick it would end up erect only because...well, think about it), and thus I have successfully extrapolated that I am in fact a heterosexual. And yes, the whole "percentage of straight/gay" was essentially me saying bisexuals. But in a slightly more convuluted and scientifically accurate way, because there are bisexuals with a preference for the opposite genders, bisexuals with a preference for the same gender, and bisexuals who are equally happy with either. Again, shades of gray. My point that I was going for is that human sexuality is not binary, ie either gay or straight, but much more complex than that.

sharinganerror wrote:
Fucking explain to me why the hell do these politicians and celebrities and whoever the fuck get married, have kids, and then years later come out? Someone has to be lying because if they were really in denial the entire time, then they should feel ashamed for the pain they've caused those involved.

Well I did explain it (or my own opinion on it anyway) in that last line which I'll just repeat here: "The only choice that appears to exist is whether to be honest with yourself and admit your sexuality, or to live a life in denial." Politicians lie about their sexual persuasion because homosexuals, more often than not, will not get voted for because lots of people are still ridiculously intolerant and stuck in Moses times. And the thing that politicians love more than anything, including sexual pleasure, is the power of being a politician. Add that on top of the fact that many of these people are brought up with a strict belief of the bible means that they are taught from a young age that these feelings they have are immoral, and so they do their best to ignore them and try to live a straight life.

sharinganerror wrote:
"Plenty"? yes. "Multitudes"? no. Society becoming more secularized.... gay rights? The only issue I see is that we have fuckers in the judicial system who take a fair ballot and overturn it just so the losing side can spit in the face of the winner.

Maybe not in your country. In my country we fortunately seem to be more enlightened on the whole, with less draconian views on homosexuality. I would say that a majority of British citizens take an unprejudicied view of homosexuality.

As for the other point there, well that's a flaw with the American system, that unelected officials have so much power. But hey, I'll take any victory for tolerance over bigottry.

sharinganerror wrote:

Ummmm, hate to be pedantic but I'm pretty sure the mouth is more digestive system than genitalia, so why don't you care about oral in the same way about anal?
Offline sharinganerror  
#19 Posted : 25 August 2010 09:18:50(UTC)
sharinganerror

forkboy wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:

The point here is that we don't live in a world of absolutes so talking in absolutes is utterly pointless. I overuse this phrase but only because it's so appropriate, the world is shades of grey. There is no black, there is no white, but there are hundreds of different, varying shades of grey. Adoption is a neccessary thing in a world where not everyone IS a responsible adult when they have kids. It allows kids to grow up in a loving family and it allows couples who are perhaps unable (or even unwilling) to have kids of their own to have a family. Adoption seems to me to be a noble act.

sharinganerror wrote:

But then isn't it a redundant point? People who sleep around are more likely to get infected with STI's than those who stay monogamous. That is not really relevant to the point of "is it okay to be gay?"

sharinganerror wrote:

Well see, I've got this thing called a penis right. And extra blood flows to it when something is sexually attractive to me, making it erect. And so far, it is only women who make my penis erect (we're talking only of looking at people here, I'm sure if a man started sucking on my dick it would end up erect only because...well, think about it), and thus I have successfully extrapolated that I am in fact a heterosexual. And yes, the whole "percentage of straight/gay" was essentially me saying bisexuals. But in a slightly more convuluted and scientifically accurate way, because there are bisexuals with a preference for the opposite genders, bisexuals with a preference for the same gender, and bisexuals who are equally happy with either. Again, shades of gray. My point that I was going for is that human sexuality is not binary, ie either gay or straight, but much more complex than that.

sharinganerror wrote:

Well I did explain it (or my own opinion on it anyway) in that last line which I'll just repeat here: "The only choice that appears to exist is whether to be honest with yourself and admit your sexuality, or to live a life in denial." Politicians lie about their sexual persuasion because homosexuals, more often than not, will not get voted for because lots of people are still ridiculously intolerant and stuck in Moses times. And the thing that politicians love more than anything, including sexual pleasure, is the power of being a politician. Add that on top of the fact that many of these people are brought up with a strict belief of the bible means that they are taught from a young age that these feelings they have are immoral, and so they do their best to ignore them and try to live a straight life.

sharinganerror wrote:
"Plenty"? yes. "Multitudes"? no. Society becoming more secularized.... gay rights? The only issue I see is that we have fuckers in the judicial system who take a fair ballot and overturn it just so the losing side can spit in the face of the winner.

Maybe not in your country. In my country we fortunately seem to be more enlightened on the whole, with less draconian views on homosexuality. I would say that a majority of British citizens take an unprejudicied view of homosexuality.

As for the other point there, well that's a flaw with the American system, that unelected officials have so much power. But hey, I'll take any victory for tolerance over bigottry.

sharinganerror wrote:

Ummmm, hate to be pedantic but I'm pretty sure the mouth is more digestive system than genitalia, so why don't you care about oral in the same way about anal?

On the discussion for adoption, while I'll agree with you on it being a noble act, it shouldn't be as necessarily prevalent as it is today. I mean, everyone has a choice right? If the parents were unable or unresponsible enough to even have that kid, then why did they? If such importance on safe sex is placed in society, why the hell are people having kids only to abort or put them up for adoption? The scenario shouldn't even occur nearly as much if at all in my opinion.

On the terms of getting STI/STDs, it actually does matter. While heterosexual or homosexual monogamous vaginal intercourse really has no risks, male homosexuals only have anal and oral. Health risks: Anal sex exposes participants to two principal dangers: infections, due to the high number of infectious microorganisms not found elsewhere on the body, and physical damage to the anus and the rectum due to their vulnerability. Frequent anal sex is associated with hemorrhoids, anal prolapse, leakage, rectal pain, ulcers and fissures.

I now understand your point on the whole sexual preference percentage thing, although you might get aroused by some dude sucking you off, you can't generalize in the sense that all guys will. I mean, there are just some that would stay limp through the entire process, but I guess you disagree with me on that as well, couldn't you.

On the terms of the whole "politicians coming out" thing, the point I was trying to make was whether or not YOU or ANYONE else for that matter could tell if they were saying the truth. I mean, you can pretty much fake any kind of sexual orientation if you wanted to, gay, straight, or bi... so how does it go against reason to say that anyone is exempt from suspicion? Their words? Ok then. It's just my personal opinion. Oh yeah, I realized what you were trying to reference with that whole biblical upbringing thing. I wasn't one of them, although I had suspicions(could you call them at such a young age) of someone I knew there. I was taught along with everyone else in the class about David&Goliath, Cain&Abel, Adam&Eve, but without the whole indoctrination that came with the adult sunday school. They enjoyed preserving the innocence(or wouldn't be called sheltering?) of the children.

You're right about the difference in our seperate country's views , although I think your definition of "prejudiced and unprejudiced" should just be referred to be as "for and against". The only thing I'm really angry about is the supreme court denying our state's rights that our hallowed Constitution supported up until now.

As for tolerance vs. bigotry, over here in the U.S. all that tolerance is an excuse for all the supposed people to use when they royally fuck up and want to blame someone else. For example, blacks cry racism, jews cry anti-semitism (which makes no sense because being semitic=all arabs), and now we have hispanics crying racism as well. That makes it very hard for me to accept it because all we'll ever have over here is a "politically correct" society that puts everyone they feel like in jail for bullshit hate crimes that they never committed. The same goes for hetero vs. homo is some sense, but not all.

When I stated that I didn't really care, I meant that I didn't support it either.
Offline sharinganerror  
#20 Posted : 25 August 2010 09:21:37(UTC)
sharinganerror

Gildermershina wrote:
sharinganerror wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:

So anal sex isn't natural you say? As opposed to what, using computers? Wearing clothes?

Or if you mean in strictly the sexual arena, by your reasoning vaginal sex is the only "natural" sex act. So masturbation is out. Oral is out. Use of condoms. Sex toys... Because apparently the only NATURAL form of sex is that which has some chance of resulting in a child. Recreational sex is apparently not natural... Or perhaps you think it is, just not in that particular orifice.

Of course anal sex actually occurs throughout the animal kingdom, and has been documented. Why should Homo Sapiens be any different in that regard? So you know, couching your individual preference as biological fact doesn't really fly.

You could argue with anal sex being natural in the animal kingdom and I could argue with the fact that I've never given a shit about animal sexuality since I learned about the seahorse. The health risks associated with both oral and anal are what leads me to not support them.