logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

22 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#41 Posted : 18 July 2012 09:39:06(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Jade didn't know what to make of the news about the random killing that had happen. "Even more pressure.."
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline Taylr2  
#42 Posted : 18 July 2012 09:41:47(UTC)
Taylr2

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 312 time(s) in 166 post(s)
Rory sees the memo and opens his eyes wide. "Shit, man. I was in that mosh pit during our performance..."
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#43 Posted : 18 July 2012 09:42:51(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"How are we supposed to just continue a show after someone has died? That seems a bit unfair and just unhuman." She folds her arms, looking over at Rory.
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

Offline DistortedAudio  
#44 Posted : 18 July 2012 09:43:47(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Winston walks in, sees the memo and shrugs.

Winston: I guess we should do the next few sets in this guy's honor.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Taylr2  
#45 Posted : 18 July 2012 09:44:13(UTC)
Taylr2

Man
United Kingdom

"I guess the show must go on... Hopefully whoever did it fucking stays here and doesn't follow us on tour..." he looks back at her.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#46 Posted : 18 July 2012 09:46:45(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Well that's comforting to know, we're performing soon. I hope it doesn't happen again." She shivers a little and runs her hand through her hair. "By the way, your performance was awesome." She smiles.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Taylr2  
#47 Posted : 18 July 2012 09:49:45(UTC)
Taylr2

Man
United Kingdom

"Thanks, I appreciate it. Never performed infront of this many people before." he smiles. "Good luck out there, by the way. Bar one, they're a great crowd."
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#48 Posted : 18 July 2012 09:51:21(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"Ha, I have and I'm still nervous as heck whenever I perform. Yeah, I heard they were a good crowd but you never know, they might hate us." She laughs a little. "I hope not."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Taylr2  
#49 Posted : 18 July 2012 09:55:17(UTC)
Taylr2

Man
United Kingdom

"I'm sure they won't. If they all liked us, but never heard of us before. They're bound to love you." he laughs.
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#50 Posted : 18 July 2012 09:57:18(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

"True. I guess you're right." She nods. "Well I have to go get ready then. Guess I'll see you back on the bus or something?" Jade then smiles and turns to walk towards the stage where Mia was already at.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#51 Posted : 18 July 2012 10:06:55(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Nick Palmer - Carnival of Sounds Day #1
UserPostedImage
Nick Palmer was third up on the main stage at Carnival of Sounds in Corfu, New York. It is the first tour he's done this year. His setlist consisted of about 2/3 songs from his debut album "The Mad Scientist" and the other third are new songs suspected to be from his new record that is due out this year. The crowd was into it, and Nick put on an energetic show with his mix of rap, dance, and hard rock. The show took a turn for the worst, however when he played the fan favorite "Amnesia". Nick Palmer who hasn't spoken to the media since March finally opened up and said "The crowd was getting intense. I could tell that, but I had no idea someone had been stabbed until someone told me after my set was done. My thoughts are with the family and friends of the stab victim whomever they may be." That was all Nick had to say.

Setlist
1. Welcome to the Show (New song)
2. Popular Music Is Dead
3. Let Go
4. Tell Everybody
5. Live Forever (New song)
6. Gothic Fiction Reality (New song)
7. Stand Up and fight
8. Existentialism (New Song)
9. Amnesia
10. Lock The Doors, Kill the Lights, and Scream (New song)
11. Breakout
12. The Mad Scientist
UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 3 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 18/07/2012(UTC), DistortedAudio on 18/07/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 18/07/2012(UTC)
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#52 Posted : 18 July 2012 11:30:08(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Reported Failure - Manufactured Radio + Billie's Speech (Corfu, New York) - Day #1
On this opening and controversial day at Carnival of Sounds, the set from Reported Failure was unlikely to be ordinary. The band has been known for addressing current events during their sets. With a stabbing death in a mosh pit during Nick Palmer's set. Reported Failure didn't address the situation until Billie Beckett made a speech before the last song. A video of the speech and the last song has already been spread around the internet.

Quote:
UserPostedImage
There is the sound of a bass tuning and random crowd noise as the camera focuses on the members of Reported Failure onstage. Billie Beckett is shirtless wearing jeans and holding the microphone at his side. Matt Collins stands tall and slim in jeans and a white t-shirt with some sort of design on it. He is tuning his bass. Vin Peters is dressed in black leather pants and a ripped up black band shirt. His stage makeup of guyliner has gotten smudged with sweat. He's jumping up and down slowly in the background. Robert Edwards can be seen only slightly in the back getting water. KC James stands in the foreground close to Billie also wearing black pants and a band shirt.

Billie says some things to Vin who nods in agreement and then Billie puts the mic to his mouth and starts to talk: "This is going to be our last song." Billie paused and waited for the crowd to settle down a little bit. "Now earlier today something happened. In a pit on the main stage someone was stabbed to death." The crowd was silent now, listening intently to Billie. He continued, "Now we dont want this to happen. Its our responsibility as concert goers and concert players to make sure this doesn't happen. He was just like all of you. He just wanted to see his favorite band play. And here's what I'm gonna say and I want everyone to hear it and know it: No one brings a fucking weapon to a Reported Failure concert ever!" The crowd cheered in agreement with Billie. "No one should have to die for rock n roll" he continued; "Were here to play. Now security has advised me not to get in the crowd as I always do, but you all heard me. No one brings a fucking weapon to a Reported Failure concert... And I have to get on the crowd its what I do. So lets fucking play this song. This is MANUFACTURED RADIO!".

Immediately after Billie finished talking the intro to the song kicked in with Matt playing the powerful bassline, a punchy riff from Vin, solid drumming from Robert, and ska chords from KC. Billie immediately jumped into the crowd and began singing. He managed to get up and walk throughout the crowd getting as far as his mic-cord would take him. He sang with all of the passion and swagger he could. He yelled at the crowd to "Sing this with me" as the chorus rolled around. As the bridge came the band played a nice break differing from the recorded version and allowed Billie and the crowd to sing mostly acapella. "Ladies and gentlemen Vin Peters' said Billie as Vin's guitar solo began. Billie took this time to get the peaople around him to help him get going back towards the stage. Throughout the guitar solo Billie and many other fans crowdsurfed towards the stage. Billie got back intime to sing the last chorus onstage and then scream out the last lines. "Whoo! You guys are great. And I'm not stabbed thank goodness. We're Reported Failure. Goodnight" said Billie and then started walking off the stage. Matt grabbed a mic and said "Buy our new Record Darkness at the Reported Failure merch booth. Or download it illegally. Just dont tell our label we said you could. Thanks guys. See ya."

Lyrics
You got soul
Hidden in this remote control
you turn it on (off on off on off on off)
you got style
With your skin tight jeans
And your angsty graphic t-shirt
you take it off (on off on off on off on)

So when you walk down the street, hope you know youre doin it for me
And that voice in the back of your head, that’s me
And your words, I wrote them for you
So you can be the radio

What happened… to anything
you swear it wasn’t like this just the other day
What happened to living?
And being something just so you could say
“I’ll go my own way”

You got beat
Through some digital screen
You turn it on (Off on off on off on off)
You got licks
Through your guitar picks
You stroke it up (down up down up down up down)

So when you breathe fuck or sleep I hope you know that youre doin it for me
Every note you’ve sang, that was me
And your words, I wrote them for you
So you can be the radio

What happened to living?
“I’ll go my own way”

Though you try (try try try try try try)
You cant escape me
I am the mafia
I am the radio
I am Sirius top 40 hits
I am the radio
I am the radio
I am the fucking radio

What happened to living?
“I’ll go my own way”

I am the fucking radio

Setlist
[Part 1]
1. My Name is William (William/Feeedom EP)
2. Testimony (Disarm)
3. Crumbling (Darkness)
4. A Pattern of Distress (Darkness)
5. Post-Grunge Catastrophe (PGC)
6. Short (Flux of the Run)
[Acoustic Break]
7. Hope To Get Out (Flux of the Run)
8. Fold the Wire (I've Known You)
9. Cure To Growing Older (PGC)
10. Sunburn (RF & Friends)
[Part 2]
11. 6771 (Darkness)
12. Disarm (Disarm)
13. Goodbye, My Son (William/Freedom EP)
14. Almost (Not) Famous (PGC)
15. Writing My Own Eulogy (Darkness)
16. New America (Darkness)
17. I Know You (I've Known You)
18. Manufactured Radio (PGC)

Edited by user 18 July 2012 11:31:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 3 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 18/07/2012(UTC), DistortedAudio on 18/07/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 18/07/2012(UTC)
Offline niggajones  
#53 Posted : 18 July 2012 11:56:21(UTC)
niggajones

Man
Canada

Was thanked: 739 time(s) in 493 post(s)
Sam: I would say that a guy getting stabbed is metal but....I don't know this is just eerie.
Jeff: Whoever stabbed that guy could still be around...he could've been in the crowd during our set!
Neil: Did anyone get stabbed during our set?
Sam: No.
Neil: Oh. That would be metal.
Jeff: ....No, Neil, that would just be unfortunate.
Sam: Yeah. Dying for real isn't metal. Writing songs about dying is.
Neil: Oh. Well.....maybe I should go re-evaluate my whole life.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline niggajones  
#54 Posted : 18 July 2012 12:15:18(UTC)
niggajones

Man
Canada

ACTS of HATE LIVE : CARNIVAL OF SOUNDS DAY 1

UserPostedImage

Acts of Hate kicked off the first date of the Carnival of Sounds today with considerable force. The first artist to take to the "Guitar Legacy Stage," the crowd was already packed. They played for roughly an hour, their setlist comprised of songs from their 2 EP's, "Baptized in Lies" and "Modern Day Monsters" , and new songs that are set to appear on their upcoming debut album. A highlight of their performance was the finale, in which Erin's Silence appeared onstage to perform a cover of Tenacious D's "The Metal". A good start to a tour...it would be, that is, if it weren't for the stabbing.

SETLIST
1. My Inner Temple
2. Roots (Sepultura Cover)
3. Empty
4. Unfurled Before Me
5. Rain of Rape
6. So This Is Passion
7. Whole
8. In Search For I
9. Pray for Death
10. The Metal (Tenacious D Cover - with Erin's Silence)
thanks 2 users thanked niggajones for this useful post.
DistortedAudio on 18/07/2012(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 19/07/2012(UTC)
Offline memphisinflames  
#55 Posted : 18 July 2012 14:01:38(UTC)
memphisinflames

Man
United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Erin's Silence: Carnival of Sounds Tour- Day 1
Corfu, New York

UserPostedImage

Erin's Silence came out on to the Guitar Legacy stage a few minutes early. Why? Because they joined forces with Acts of Hate to pay homage to one of the greatest bands in the world....Tenacious D. That's right, Erin's Silence and Acts of Hate performed a cover of "The Metal" to add an exclamation point to a great first day at the Carnival of Sounds tour. The two bands had been talking for awhile about performing together and it seems like these two bands will be seen a lot together due to their recent signings with Chaos Records. After Acts of Hate left the stage, E.S. made some quick tuning adjustments while Kevin talked about the tour, the EP, a future debut album, and the unfortunate stabbing. Once the band was ready they kicked off their own setlist with "My Darkened Soul" and continued to play the "Our Last Dance" EP all the way through. After that the band revealed two new songs that will be on their debut album; "The Temptress" and "The Whore". The band finished up with "The Marionette" and left the stage with the crowd cheering for more. After their setlist was finished, they kicked it backstage with Acts of Hate before heading out to the tent to hang with some fans.

Setlist:
0. The Metal (w/Acts of Hate, Originally by: Tenacious D)
1. My Darkened Soul
2. Shadow Games
3. Our Last Dance
4. The Hollow
5. Tonight, You're Sleeping with the Fishes
6. Burn, Away (Originally by: Suzie)
7. The Temptress
8. The Whore
9. The Marionette

Day 1- Corfu, New York DONE
Day 2- Scranton, Pennsylvania UPCOMING (Get your Dundies ready!!!)
Current Acts:
UserPostedImage
Our Last Dance (EP) out now.
UserPostedImage

Members: Kevin Maddox - Anthony Bryant - Jeremy Chance - Derrick Speicher - John Barnett
thanks 2 users thanked memphisinflames for this useful post.
niggajones on 18/07/2012(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 19/07/2012(UTC)
Offline niggajones  
#56 Posted : 18 July 2012 15:50:14(UTC)
niggajones

Man
Canada

Corfu was done and they were headed on to greener pastures. While the other bands scattered after the shows into the comfort of their hotels and motels, Acts of Hate crammed into their van. Sam lay on the floor in the back, eyes wide open. They had removed the seats in the back in order to accommodate equipment - and on this night, the band and their sleeping bags. Sam looked out the window; it was raining lightly, and droplets of rain drew Rorschach test-like patterns on the glass. The door opened and Sam jumped in his bag. It was Jeff, soaking wet.

Jeff: Can't sleep?
Sam: Yeah.
Jeff: One guy gets stabbed and the entire fuckin' world stops spinning.

Sam almost gawked at Jeff.

Sam: Are you serious? Are you that fucking cold? Someone - someone with a family - DIED tonight, Jeff! What is wrong with you?
Jeff: It was a joke, man. Just calm down. Why are you so uptight about it.

Sam shifted uneasily. Behind him, Neil snored loudly. Nick was as silent in sleep as he was awake.

Sam: It just makes me feel....I dunno, vulnerable. I don't want our fans to have to deal with it.
Jeff: Calm down, man. It's a one time thing. Whoever did this is gonna leave us alone and stay in boring-ass Corfu.
Sam: Yeah. Probably.

But Sam's voice held no conviction; and his eyes were still fixed on the window. And the shadows that danced across it.
Offline memphisinflames  
#57 Posted : 18 July 2012 16:24:22(UTC)
memphisinflames

Man
United States

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Kevin, Derrick, and Anthony sneak up on Acts of Hate's van in the middle of the night. They had just seen Jeff get in the van after standing around in the rain for awhile. So far, the plan was going perfectly.

Derrick: Why are we still sitting out in this rain?
Anthony: Because this is going to be totally worth it.
Kevin: Shut up guys, you're making too much noise.
Derrick: Speak for yourself.

The three of them move up to van as quietly as possible. They try to sneak past the back of the van and move around to the front. They stop just in front of the driver's side door.

Anthony: Ok, Derrick, you get the passenger side. Kevin you get this side. On my signal start hitting the van and yelling as loud as you can.
Derrick: Gotcha.
Kevin: What about you?
Anthony: Don't worry about me.

Anthony winks as he moves to the front of the van. He reaches out both his arms and waits for Derrick to get in position. Then he gives them the signal...but they stare at him blankly so he waves again and then they finally get the idea. Kevin and Derrick start screaming and shaking the van. Derrick sounds remotely like a wookie howling when as Kevin sounds like a banshee that was ready to kill someone. Anthony waits a few seconds and then jumps onto the hood of the van and screams as he climbs to the windshield.
Current Acts:
UserPostedImage
Our Last Dance (EP) out now.
UserPostedImage

Members: Kevin Maddox - Anthony Bryant - Jeremy Chance - Derrick Speicher - John Barnett
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#58 Posted : 18 July 2012 19:10:54(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

The next day, Jade woke up on the bus in her room. She had been having some trouble sleeping so she just woke up early to get something to eat. Mia was still asleep in their room.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline Taylr2  
#59 Posted : 18 July 2012 22:23:40(UTC)
Taylr2

Man
United Kingdom

topLADs - Carnival of Sounds - Day 2
Scranton, Pennsylvania

topLADs at Carnival of Sounds

Rory's speech (Filmed by fan)

(After finishing Good Morning)
"Last night, an innocent man was stabbed in the mosh pits of New York and died... It just shows how fucked up us humans really are, we've become accustomed to hating people enough to do that. But the sane humans don't carry out these actions. Whoever was responsible for the death caused yesterday deserves to be locked up for life. And no one should die while watching music played by bands that they paid to see. I suggest everyone who is in this crowd right this second who has a knife or any other weapon should turn around now and walk away, and morally it'd do us all a favour if they use that weapon on themselves when they're gone. Anyone who has the intention of killing someone is not welcome here, at any other topLADs gig, or anywhere. My condolences go out to the guy's family, friends and loved ones. And I hope for the world's sake that justice will prevail and the murderer gets what's coming to him... The next song's called Holiday."
(They go into Holiday)

Setlist:

1. Good Morning
2. Holiday
3. Walk of Life (Dire Straits cover//Ends after first chorus leading into next song)
4. Walk Away
5. Times Like These
6. Turn Your Lights Down Low (Bob Marley cover)
6. End Of The Line
7. Better Than Your Average Joe

Edited by user 18 July 2012 22:26:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Taylr2 for this useful post.
Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 19/07/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#60 Posted : 18 July 2012 22:30:13(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8676 time(s) in 2722 post(s)
Mia awoke in her own room mainly because of the noise of a helicopter flying way above the tour bus due to last night’s troubling event, she sat up in her bed and rubbed her eyes, still feeling rather tired and almost half asleep she placed her hands on the small table beside her uncomfortable tour bus bed and grabbed a small green elastic band, she tied her long blonde hair up with it to keep it out of her face, she looked down at the floor to see a couple of empty vodka bottles and shrugged her shoulders before stepping out of the bed and into the main area of the tour bus that she was sharing with her sister.

She was wearing small shorts that barely covered the top of her legs and a sleeveless Rolling Stones T-Shirt with it's iconic large red lips emblazened across her chest, she wasn’t sure if Jade was around so she just wandered over to the small kitchen area and took four slices of bacon out of the fridge, placing them on the grill of the oven before pouring a glass of water and taking an aspirin from the tiny first aid box on the counter, she looked out of the window to see the large amount of tour buses surrounding their own and pushed the door of her and Jade’s bus open fully, partly so that the heat of the oven didn’t make her headache even worse than it already was and partly just to see who was around, she then sat down on the floor with her feet dangling out into the fresh air while waiting for her bacon to cook properly.