logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Osprey037[Reported Failure]  
#81 Posted : 08 July 2012 08:26:57(UTC)
Osprey037[Reported Failure]

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 805 post(s)
Billie: Were touring at the same time! Crap we wont be able to see you! Were glad you were part of it even if we killed you off at the end of the first act. I hope you weren't too upset. Haha. I'm glad its getting such praise. Thank you.

Edited by user 08 July 2012 08:27:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
I might give Satan a swirly
thanks 1 user thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
Andre Gandra on 08/07/2012(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#82 Posted : 08 July 2012 08:29:19(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Osprey037[Reported Failure wrote:
;236418]Billie: Were touring at the same time! Crap we wont be able to see you! Were glad you were part of it even if we killed you off at the end of the first act. I hope you weren't too upset. Haha. I'm glad its getting such praise. Thank you.

Julia: No, my death was part of the whole concept! Black humor.. LOL seriously guys, it's an amazing album!
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
#83 Posted : 08 July 2012 08:34:26(UTC)

Billie: Thank you so much. I'm really glad it wasnt just good when me Vin, Matt, KC, and Robert listened to it. It is certainly the best thing we've ever done.
UserPostedImage
#84 Posted : 17 July 2012 05:30:45(UTC)

Darkness #3 album. 2001 #1 airplay. 6771 #2 video
Yup! That stuff in bold! It's true! We're excited about it. It's good to know people are listening to your own music. Keep listening. You fans are great!

Carnival of Sounds Starts Tomorrow
That's true too! New York had better be ready for a show! Below you can find a rough setlist for tomorrow. What's your favorite song on the setlist and what would you like us to add? This setlist isnt set in stone because obviously we want to surprise everyone.

[Part 1]
1. My Name is William (William/Feeedom EP)
2. Testimony (Disarm)
3. Crumbling (Darkness)
4. A Pattern of Distress (Darkness)
5. Post-Grunge Catastrophe (PGC)
6. King of Caves (Flux of the Run)
[Acoustic Break]
7. Hope To Get Out (Flux of the Run)
8. Fold the Wire (I've Known You)
9. Cure To Growing Older (PGC)
10. Sunburn (RF & Friends)
[Part 2]
11. 2001 (Darkness)
12. Disarm (Disarm)
13. Goodbye, My Son (William/Freedom EP)
14. Almost (Not) Famous (PGC)
15. Writing My Own Eulogy (Darkness)
16. New America (Darkness)
17. I Know You (I've Known You)
18. Manufactured Radio (PGC)

What do you think of that?

UserPostedImage
RoseJapanFan on 17/07/2012(UTC)
#85 Posted : 17 July 2012 07:33:56(UTC)

OOC: I might do a lot of these little interviews over the end of summer just as promotion for the album. They're fun and easy to write.

Catching up with Billie Beckett (Radio Interview + Performance)
UserPostedImage
Red - Billie; Blue - Interviewer
Hello1 This is 92.6 WSOT, I'm James O'Connor and we're hanging out with Billie Beckett from Reported Failure. Hey Billie.

Hi James! It's good to be here

Alright. Good to have you. Lets get right into it. You're the frontman from Reported Failure and your new album is Darkness it came out July sixth. Tell us about it.

Well its a concept album. It makes a comparison from a man just getting through his life dealing with relationships, and having a son, and deaths in the family to the world and the human race just dealing with it's problems.

Alright. Sounds good. And your last record was very simple in its sound. It was just rock and punk very simple. I hear this one is very different?

Yes. There are lots of violins and pianos all over the place. Jason Smith produced it with Vin. Its just more artsy and epic. There are a lot of guest vocalists.

But there are still guitar solos right?

Oh of course. Vin... Vin would probably quit if we said 'you know on this record how about you just play chords and riffs. No solos'. He would just be like 'F*ck no. Goodbye'.

Haha. Yeah I bet he would. And you're also headlining Carnival of Sounds which starts tomorrow. How do you feel about touring again?

I'm excited. The last major tour we did fully was The No Venues Tour last winter and it was a hell of an experience. It'll be nice this time to see all of these bands that we dont know. We also get a whole lot of set time so we're going into the back catalog of songs for our setlists.

Great. Great. So the back catalog. Any teaser for what you'll play. Will it be mostly new stuff or are you gonna go back to your first couple of records a lot?

I think we're mostly playing stuff from Darkness, Post-Grunge Catastrophe and the EP. We will probably play a few EP songs every night just because they make all of us work which is great. None of us are bored. But they are also simpler than the songs from Darkness because there aren't pianos and violins and trumpets everywhere. But were also of course playing old songs.
What song are you opening with? I know you like to keep your opening songs uniform for most of your tours.

We're actually changing it up this year. Tomorrow we're opening with My Name is William, but were not keeping with that song the whole time. We'll probably switch it off with My Name is Freedom, 6771, Darkness I, and ummm I think we also talked about a medley of some sort.

Hmm... You put a lot of thought into your live shows dont you?

Yeah. We didn't at first 'cause we were just playin our songs. As we put out our second and third record we got more into thinking what do fans really want to hear, what is going to make the mood of the show the most, is it inside or outside. The No Venues Tour last year is when we really took our live performance to another level though. We like each show to be great and for it to evolve and flow up to the last few songs where we play the big fan favorites but we also dont like for any two shows to be the same.

Alright! We're gonna go to commerical and play a couple songs then we'll be back with more from Reported Failure.

Three or four commercials come on then a few songs and then the interview is back on.

We are back with Billie Beckett from Reported Failure. The new record is Darkness it just debuted at #3 on the album charts. The song 2001 is the #1 airplay song currently, #3 most downloaded song, and their music video for the song 6771 is the #2 video. How do you feel about how the record is doing?

I'm really proud of this record. We've never had a record go to #3 on the album chart before so were stoked that it has done that. Mostly I'm in shock that 2001 has done so well on the radio because its six minutes long. That's twice as long as conventional wisdom says a #1 airplay song should be. I guess I should thank people like you for playing it. It's great that it hit #1.

Oh absolutely. We like the song. You're welcome. Now were going to close with a more serious question and then I think you have a song you want to play. Eric Quillington said something before the record came out when the concept was just announced and a couple of songs were released. He said "The entire world of music is looking on this album with high hopes. So, seriously, no pressure. I haven't seen anything like this since Shattered Fairytale, which is nice... because it means that wasn't a one-time miracle. I know 2012 is young, but this already seems like an 'Album of the Year' contender; you deserve every bit of hype thrown your way. The way you're using different singers to represent different characters and ideas is simply brilliant, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Reported Failure will pull it off." Now that's a big statement. How did you react at the time to all of the hype of the album, and as more of it was leaked and it was actually released how are you reacting to and what has been the feedback?

Wow. I still get like a little kid when people reference that quote. I didn't know what to say back to Eric then and I still dont. All of the feedback has been positive. No statement has been as big as that one but all of the feedback has been positive. All I can say is I poured my heart and soul into making this record. I mean I reveal stuff in this record about myself that really only a couple of people knew. It is passionate. I just really hope people whether they like what we did or not I hope that they understand what we did and why. I know that I did something special for myself already. If Eric is right about comparing it to Shattered Fairytale then I'll just feel like I created something special for other people too.

Alright. Deep stuff from Billie Beckett. The new album from Reported Failure is called Darkness and you can order it now. It was released July 6th on Studio 60 records. Now Billie I think you have a song to play for us.

Yes I do.

What are you gonna do?

Crumbling

A;right. With the #1 hit Crumbling, here is Billie Beckett.

Billie picks up an acoustic guitar and starts playing an appregio melody. It is just Billie and his guitar. He begins to sing in his characteristic dark, passionate tone. The somber melody and Billie's voice were a match made in heaven as he gives an immense acoustic rendition of Crumbling, the first single from the band's new album

Crumbling
I am crumbling
From my limbic system
To the marble pillars
Ashes to ashes, it all falls down

Is this the end of my time?
When the only light in this dark
Is my flag that they're burning

Crumbling
I am crumbling
From the tremors of absent fathers
Violence, hatred, from self to the crowds
Ashes to ashes it all falls down

Of many I found no one
no one who could save my life
Falling so heavy
Before it's done no one will even know why
Even know why

Crumbling
I am freedom falling
I am no one!
Shaking and trembling
From the horrors that I've seen
Ashes to ashes it all falls down

Of many I found no one
Falling so heavy
Even know why

I am freedom falling
I am no one!
I am freedom falling
I am no one!
I am freedom falling
I am no one!
I am freedom falling
I am no one!

Of many I found no one
Falling so heavy
Even know why

Edited by user 17 July 2012 07:35:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
RoseJapanFan on 17/07/2012(UTC)
#86 Posted : 18 July 2012 08:57:31(UTC)

Matt Collins Talks About Songs on Darkness
UserPostedImage
Green - Matt; Black - Interviewer guy

The new album from Reported Failure is called Darkness. Matt Collins is here talking about specific songs from it. Basically I'll ask something like "So Matt... which song took the longest to record" and he will tell me the answer and probably an explanation. All I'm gonna ask him about are songs though. Matt are you ready!

Any time. Go for it!

Ok. Matt, what song took the longest to record?

A pattern of distress. It was the second song we started and it just kind of sat there for awhile. It wasnt hard to record we just started it early and then it was the last one we finished. It just didnt come together as quickly as the rest.

Song that changed the most from the beginning of recording to the end?

Darkness II. Basically because when we started there weren't any brass instruments in it and thats mostly what's in it now.

Favorite lyrics?

Being Man. Billie wrote a brilliant song with that one

Favorite guitar solo?

Being Man. I swear Vin reached a new world of melody in that solo

Song that was easiest to record?

Lithium. Its just probably the simplest song on the album

Song that was hardest to record?

6771. It's so dynamic. The music and dynamics are brilliant but it took a bit of effort to record.

Favorite of the three singles so far?

That's tough. Probably 2001. Its a more interesting, diverse song than the other two.

Song that sound most like Reported Failure's first album?

Oh man... We've changed a lot. That's really tough. I guess it would have to be Lithium or New America, but really its apples and oranges.

Second album?

That's a bit easier because that was our more artsy grunge album. Pattern of Distress maybe. The albums are more similar than Darkness and our first album but its still tough to pick one. I guess pattern of distress.

Third album? For those who dont know that would be Disarm your breakthrough album.

Again its tough. Writing My Own Eulogy probably. It's very melodic but not too artsy and its epic.

Now Post-Grunge Catastrophe. Fourth album.

New America. It could easily have been a single off that record after Manufactured Radio and Cure To Growing older.
Favorite song to play live?

Pattern of Distress. It's really fun for me to play on bass and the crowd just sings that melody like soldiers. It's great.

Ok. Big one. Last one. Your favorite song.

I love so many of them. If I had to pick just one... I'd say as much as Being Man is a brilliantly written song and 2001 is very diverse and Pattern of Distress is just epic.... I'd have to pick 6771. It's the album opener and I just never get sick of hearing it. It's just like I said a sick song.

Edited by user 18 July 2012 08:58:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
#87 Posted : 19 July 2012 09:51:29(UTC)

OOC: Code got all screwed up but everything is there

Stuff - 7/18/12
So were on day two of Carnival of Sounds 2012, and its going great! To start off there is a video of us playing Manufactured Radio and Billie making a cool speech from Corfu plus a summary of our show in Scranton.

Edited by user 19 July 2012 09:53:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
#88 Posted : 12 August 2012 12:55:24(UTC)

OOC: Discography in the first post updated with singles and chart info.

Something for us to brag about.....
UserPostedImage

In other news New America was released yesterday. Go buy it and make us 4/4 with our singles from Darkness debuting at #1. If you do that we might just make some more big announcements about the No Venues Tour, and a never before heard single to some in a few months. You're gonna love it.

Tickets for Carnival of Sounds are still available. Go get them so you can come to our shows and we can see you and sing together.

Edited by user 12 August 2012 12:56:25(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Walton on 12/08/2012(UTC)
#89 Posted : 13 August 2012 16:43:54(UTC)

OOC: If you read my stuff regularly you know that when I do demos it's usually the "rough draft" of what the song will be. In fact it is usually just lyrics. I usually do demos to force myself to sit and write a full song and call it a demo so I can change the lyrics later if I want. This is a bit different. I'm going to do a series of demos. Yes it will be for lyrics but mostly to perfect the format that I am considering using for the next album thread, so if you have any OOC feedback about the format then share it because it will probably help me. As far as my opinions I like this format but I think it would be hard to maintain for a whole album. After awhile the band members roles would get repetitive. Next demo will be in a different format.

The Day After Forever (Demo)
UserPostedImage

Overview
With the last single from Reported Failure's fifth album, "Darkness", released everyone is wondering what is next for the band. Will there be a sixth album? Are they calling it quits? Are Matt and Vin leaving? Despite the band repeatedly saying that the five of them are staying together these rumors remain. Hopefully the release of a brand new demo will quell these rumors.

The new song "The Day After Forever" will be the first thing that fans hear in the Post-Darkness Reported failure catalogue. "We know people are going to jump to conclusions about what all of our songs will sound like just from this demo but they have to realize it is one song and it is a demo meaning it isn't done" says Vin Peters.

The song doesn't have the dramatic arrangements of "Darkness" nor does it have the instantly catchy hooks of the bands fourth album "Post-Grunge Catastrophe". "This song and most of the songs were working on are simpler than the last album." says Billie Beckett. "On Darkness everywhere there was a guest vocalist or musician. This is just us doing what we do best and it shows because I think its great." The demo was recorded over the last couple of weeks both on the road and at Vin's Pacific Noise Studios in Santa Cruz, California. Billie Beckett claims the lyrics credit and little is known about the song's subject other than what can be heard or guessed at from the lyrics.

Explore the Sound
[Verse 1]
The pound and crash of snare drum and cymbal, the soft "click" of a muted guitar, and the deep groan of a bass open the song all at once. The drums attack the song as a simple root note melody is played on bass and guitar repeatedly as if it is some crucial piece of information that must be memorized through repitition. Billie yells. He yells angrily demanding to get his point across. Robert's beat is hard-hitting yet casual as it sets the mood and together with Billie's vocals hooks the listener in.
[Chorus 1]
Robert's heartbeat for the song transitions smoothly into the chorus. Matt's bassplaying is smooth and effortless as he rolls from one note to the next playing fast. A guitar slides full of reverb from one sad note to the next. Billie sings in the same manner: part yelling, but sensitively touching the song and declaring his goals. The fuzz then attacks the song. KC brings the overdosed treble. The drumming picks up from a walk to a run. Billie screams nonsense. This is when Vin soars above the song with screeching leads like a flock of birds diving, curving, and soaring consistently overhead.
[Verse 2]
Now the heartbeat of the song seems to go wrong. Terrifyingly wrong. Robert is fast and haphazard. The fuzz remains at first attacking the song but then festering like a wound. Billie is a bit louder yelling still: pleading and screaming. Matt builds the bones, the skeletal structure of the song with his bass. As Billie screams things pick up more. Matt's bass rings like thunder as the fuzz wound gushes more blood into the song and Vin randomly plays a variation of apreggio chords.
[Chorus 2/Chorus 3]
The fuzz continues to advance like a virus. Although the vocal melody remains the same from the first chorus the instruments become frantic. The rhythm guitar dominates the chorus while Matt rains down a thunderstorm of bass. Vin's flock of birds has now dispersed. His guitar playing is erratic with a note here, a note there. No melody is in sight. Billie still screams maddeningly, angrily at this point yelling at himself for messing up, blaming himself for his life going wrong.
[Chorus 4]
Finally things slow down. The drumming industrializes with metallic clangs ontop of Roberts softer beat. The fuzz is reduced to periodic "dun dun duns" as Vin overlays it with guitar sliding on the lower part of the neck. Robert's addicting beat still rings. Then the fuzz and bass come back but somehow more harmoniously as if they've reached an agreement that "Yes. Billie can learn to live again" and are helping him do this. It is then that Billie comes back. He still screams but seems triumphant this time. He screams for confidence not fear. He yells the last chorus. Then the instruments play out but finally beats fade to echos. Fuzz fades to whispers. The song ends.

Explore Billie's Role
As frontman and lyricist it is easy to think just of Billie Beckett when thinking of any Reported Failure song. Although it is false to say Billie makes Reported Failure, the song is about him. After all of the sadness that went with Reported Failure's last album this song is the first song since April 2011 that Reported Failure has made that is hopeful. The song isn't just hopeful but it declares that Billie will "never say goodbye." "This song is sort of imagining that your whole life had passed by and things haven't worked out. You're supposed to die at that point but you keep going. You didnt do what you wanted so you just keep fighting and refuse to die." says Beckett.

Vocally this is the first song from Reported Failure where Billie really yells. He has yelled and screamed before, but this is a new level. Reported Failure's sound evolved from more clean cut punk without screaming until their "My Name is..." EP last year when KC James joined and started screaming and Billie took his aggression to a new level. This is the first song by Reported Failure without any "clean" vocals. "It's not like were trying to make metalheads like us because although we incorporate metal we aren't metal. This is just how the song worked." said Beckett.

Explore Vin's Role
Vin is the guitarist and producer. His job for most Reported Failure songs including this one is to take it from a simple vocal melody paired with guitar chords or root notes and turn it into a real song. "With this song a lot went into just setting the tone with the drums and guitar" says Vin. The mood for the leads is part of what makes the song distinctive, and they came from Vin. He composed the riffs, supplied the recording studio, and mixed everything. "I think this song will set the tone nicely for what is to come" he said.
Explore Matt's Role
Letting everyone crash at his beach house while they recorded isn't all that Matt brought to this song. Matt provided a killer bassline. "Bass is easy" he tells just about anyone who wants to know. While Billie, Vin, and Robert have been regarded for some time as some of the best rock musicians consistently making music, Matt has just been the bass player. The beauty of Matt's musicianship is in his consistency not his showyness. He keeps the song going strong so that Billie and Vin can do what they do best.
Explore Robert's Role
As the drummer Robert had to develop the beat with Vin. "It starts when we would just carry a drumset out into the parking lot at our gigs and me and Vin would work on the beat." says Robert. The drumbeat is at the heart of this song so Robert took on the role of creating nmot just the beat, but the heartbeat of the song. As the former drummer for Mind, Robert Edwards obviously knows how to drum, yet coming up with new sounds is the hard part. "I could just play the same old beats over and over again. They're great, fans love them, and they're a hell of a workout to play. I've done all I can technically as a drummer. On this song I'm working more creatively and the drums together with the guitar creates something that doesn't sound like anything I've done before."
Explore KC's Role
KC James has been with Reported Failure for less than a year, and as rhythm guitarist he was added to the band initially so that Billie would be a free singer and not have to play guitar live. He was embraced as a crucial member of the band for his screaming but on a track that doesn't feature his vocals what is the importance of KC's guitar playing? He provides crucial support rhythmically while Vin plays his leads. He also contributed to tone: "As we were recording with guitars we started with a very sustained tone. Me and Vin both were just looking at eachother thinking 'this doesn't work.' so we went over to the amps and fiddled with a few things. It still wasn't working. Then almost at the same time we were like 'mute the strings' and it worked out great."

Explore the Lyrics
[Verse 1]
The day I learn to live again
The day I wake up
The day my love lives more than once
It's the day I'm gold enough
On the day after forever
I'll never call it done

[Chorus 1]
And if I'm still alone
On the day when god brings me home
Yeah if I'm still alone
When the afterlife takes hold
Oh if i'm still alone
At least I wont be cold

[Verse 2]
The day I learn to speak again
The day I unload my gun
The day my life is mine
Is the day I bring my fist up high
If it's the day after forever
I'll never say goodbye

[Chorus 2]
And if I'm still alone
On the day god brings me home
Yeah if I'm still stuck
The day I run out of luck
The day I'm told to say goodbye
Is the day I fight or die

[Chorus 3]
No I will not give in
I will live forever
If thats how long it takes to live again
No I will not give in
And on the day after forever
its time to learn to live again

[Chorus 4]
I will not be dead
On the day I learn to live again
Time is not my friend
I'll learn to speak again
On the day after forever
I'll wake up to the world again

Similar Vibe

Edited by user 13 August 2012 17:03:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
Walton on 13/08/2012(UTC), Mckenzie- on 13/08/2012(UTC), Laurelles1 on 14/08/2012(UTC), DistortedAudio on 14/08/2012(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#90 Posted : 13 August 2012 17:45:03(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
OOC: Love the structure you've used here mate. The whole "explore *insert name here*'s role is brilliant. Been looking for a new way to structure songs, especially in more ambient tracks where there isn't a whole lot you can describe in the track. This is really good, and might revolutionise the way that people write songs on here. Well done.
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Mckenzie- on 13/08/2012(UTC), Osprey037[Reported Failure] on 14/08/2012(UTC)
#91 Posted : 14 August 2012 05:33:48(UTC)

OOC: Thanks! It would be cool to see more people messing with the format for their songs. I'll be trying something similar to this next but hopefully a little bit simpler and something that is more easily sustained throughout a twelve to fourteen song album without getting repetitive.
UserPostedImage
#92 Posted : 05 November 2012 02:49:13(UTC)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Coming Soon

Edited by user 05 November 2012 02:51:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Famouss7x7 on 05/11/2012(UTC)
#93 Posted : 08 November 2012 11:09:47(UTC)

UserPostedImage
So over the next few months we have all intentions of teasing you over the theme of our next album which is currently being written and recorded. All these images? Yeah they have to do with it. And the text that comes along with or in the pictures yeah it has to do with the theme of the labum too. But we just aren't going to come out and say what the theme of the next record is because were assholes and if we tell you now it would ruin the surprises. So have fun waiting.... and waiting.... and waiting.... In the meantime go to the Nu Venues Tour and listen to bands who are less of assholes than us because obviously we are being terrible to you right? I thought so. Also buy the new single. It's #1. Or just listen to it right here on our website.

UserPostedImage
#94 Posted : 08 November 2012 14:42:19(UTC)

OOC: Just throwing it out there that I think these are some of the best lyrics I've ever written.

UserPostedImage
Lunar Utero (Demo)
Breakdown the solemn walls I hold
Release the anguished world I sold
Step out of the rancid door inside
Take time to flaunt and change the tide
So I watch earth build epic monuments
With envy I wash it away at their expense
Pulled out with love I'll make my home
But im old cold and alone

I'll fall asleep in my bed
Wake up a new brand new man instead
I'll try this til I quit
til blood leaves my brain
You know I'd try a thousand times
So just keep me warm inside
Mother could you take me back
Hold my head to your breast til I'm not upset

So hold me. I'm a broken lock and you're the broken key
But fix me. Because I'm without alarm
Break the door. Salvage me. I'll be your charm

I left this world behind but now I just want to stay
So fix me up and make me another way
I didn't want to leave but I want to feel good
So salvage me and glue me like you should

Take this beaten heart
And make it more like the moon
So I can control my own life
So I can see my own sky
Make it bright and round
Let me build on my own ground
And control my seas
Let it be the light guiding me

I'll easily crawl back inside
if you try what I have in mind
Take me back to warm tunnels
Change my father before I'm old
Mother please if you could
Make my body how you should

So hold me. I'm a broken lock and you're the broken key
But fix me. Because I'm without alarm
Break the door. Salvage me. I'll be your charm

I'm sorry if I've been a burden to you love
I've no excuse I know I've made eough... but

UserPostedImage
erich hess on 08/11/2012(UTC)
#95 Posted : 11 November 2012 03:22:53(UTC)

Love [Vin Peters Blog Post]
I had never been in love for most of my life. I went through my teenage years dating a few girls but I never felt attached to them at all. I just dated them did some of the cheesy things you're supposed to as a kid like take them to movies and school dances. Even after that when this band started I went for years without even having a stable relationship. I've been with one girl since high school. I'm 27 now. It's been almost ten years since then and I've done a lot of self discovery. I'm sure anyone my age has. I've started a company and seen it die and then tried to bring it back again. I've been in a band that was touring the world then almost broke up but then came back and better than ever. I've seen my best friends go through hell but come out of it in the end. I've been on four world tours and watched my idols die and new bands that I've even inspired rise up. Like I said, it's been almost ten years and a lot has changed. And I hadn't been in love for almost all of it. I didnt understand my friends when they would act irrational out of this silly state of being that I had never experienced. But two years ago when it looked like this band was over and I was driving around in my car not knowing what to do I met someone. I met someone and although it's been hard it has worked out. I'm in love with the most marvelous man I've ever met. I didn't know what to do at first. It has been two years of sneaking around, of telling lies, of hiding, of even hiding from my best friends in this band until I told them at the beginning of this year. It has been all of those things but it's been worth it. Even though I didn't know what to do and it took me so long to realize it, it's been worth it. I'm gay and I'm not hiding that anymore. I'm not hiding from my family, or my friends, or my fans. Here I am, say what you will, it wont change that.

- Vin Peters
UserPostedImage
Offline titleofusername98  
#96 Posted : 11 November 2012 03:46:12(UTC)
titleofusername98

Man
Canada

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Matt: Just got Darkness and I have to say, nice work you guys! Our music is loud and funny but your music is really deep and cool. I wish we could write/play like you guys.
UserPostedImage

THE DRUMMERS
(SOUNDS LIKE: RANCID, SUBLIME, THE TOASTERS)
Matt Holland (Vocals/Trumpet)
Jesse Dubinsky (Lead/Rhythm Guitar)
Clark Maxwell (Lead/Rhythm Guitar)
Jason Engarde (Keytar/Piano)
Brandon Johnson (Bass)
Shaun Olsen (Drums)
#97 Posted : 11 November 2012 11:39:50(UTC)

Billie: Thanks! Glad to have the continued support.
UserPostedImage
#98 Posted : 21 December 2012 11:42:49(UTC)

Billie Beckett on album #6
hello. How is everyone doing. I hope this post finds you well and maybe listening to some good music. Speaking of good music were doing something different with album six. It's going to be long and epic and probably our best yet. A lot has happened in the past year and it warrants a lot of songs and a lot of different songs. So far we've released three of those songs: two as singles and one as a demo. Those will be on the album but the album is going to be split into very different parts. Those songs and probably one more will make one part of the album. There will be probably three or four other parts that will be different lyrically and musically. You will be able to tell which part of the album any song is from because they'll be distinct. So its kind of like were releasing four or five EPs but on one record. But it will still fit together like an album should. The first part is almost done but the album will take awhile. Expect late Spring or summer of next year at the earliest... But its worth the wait. It will be brilliant.

- Billie Beckett
UserPostedImage
erich hess on 21/12/2012(UTC)
#99 Posted : 24 December 2012 03:41:55(UTC)

Quote:
The first part of what will be a 4-6 part album is done! We aren't leaking anymore songs from it yet (there's only one that hasnt been leaked already) but its done! This part was all produced by Avil Hartman and Vin Peters. I wrote all of the songs. I'm currently working on the rest of the album. We'll start releasing more teasers for the rest of the album maybe as a christmas present. It's going to be genius. Get ready for things to get crazy!

- Billie

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked Osprey037[Reported Failure] for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 24/12/2012(UTC), Andre Gandra on 24/12/2012(UTC)
#100 Posted : 03 January 2013 06:12:04(UTC)

Quote:
A Year In Perspective (Blog post)
It's been quite a year. This was a year that started with us getting out first #1 hit ever. 'Crumbling" is a highlight of our career but it was just the beginning. This was the busiest year of our careers. We got to tour with James Urie, Lily, Riot! in the Boulevard, Acts of Hate, Erin's Silence, Misery loves Company, The Harlots, Atomic War Brides, and so many more. we'd like to thank all of those bands and artists. You were great and we hope to see all of you again in 2013. In July we released "Darkness" our fifth studio album. It was the most personal and most intense album we've ever created and we have been so pleased with the response. We also have been able to release two singles from another album that will be available someday. Most of all this year was a year of personal revalations. Most notable was Vin who came out as gay around a month ago. Matt and I both bought houses this year. We're neighbors. I got partial custody of my son. Our lives are coming together but they're still coming together around music and around our friends family and fans. We'd like to thank all of them for what has been a life-changing year. Thank you to everyone at Nomad records and at Studio 60 Records, thanks to all the bands we listed before and everyone on the No Venues Tour, thanks to the London Symphony orchestra for helping us make Darkness as good as it was, thanks to Culture Uncut, to Max-Volume, to the Fans Choice Awards, to the Chaos awards, to Total Annihilation, but thank you to the fans and friends and family. It's a crazy music scene and its frusterating and hard but none of us would trade it for anything. We plan to spend the first few months of 2013 at our homes relaxing and enjoying life. I'll keep you updated as per our plans.

- Billie
UserPostedImage
erich hess on 03/01/2013(UTC)