logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Squeege  
#1 Posted : 28 February 2013 03:14:28(UTC)
Squeege

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 189 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Hennessy Daniels: Producer, Blogger, and provider of "other services."

Bio and All:

I was born a poor black child. No, wait a minute. That's a different story. Actually I was born like my counterpart and friend Johnny McDougal in the wild heart of West Virginia. But in the city more abouts. Huntington actually which was a nice little college town where I was raised on all kinds of music. Having a progressive pot smoking music teacher for a dad really put me in all kinds of places to hear music. I never knew my mom much. She was a free spirit and a bit of a junkie. Ran out when I was around 5. It'd be southern rock and blues one day, then bluegrass or country another week, classical, and maybe even psychedelic rock or whatever was found on the radio that was good. College radio always played something different or unique. So my origins in music were early I guess you could say.

I went to school and high school, made average grades, played a lot of music in all types of bands, yada yada yada blah blah blah and managed not to drop out. I went to college for a career in recording and sound production. DJed college radio while I was in school as well while juggling a college band called Subterfuge which was a grunge and southern rock type fusion. We had moderate success, played some festivals, and what not. Got good enough to marginally successful on the college scene. That was good enough for me. It was never about the money. All about the will to play and create. Which was where my drive to be a producer and such really took hold. I'd had my fill of touring and had even been over seas. So I settled in Nashville of all places for a while. Though I'd met Johnny and crew at a festival back home when they were still teens. I liked what they were trying to do and produced a lot of their records until Johnny wanted to try it on his own. He did will thanks to me I think. Helping him along some.

I produced Jack's only comeback record as well and felt honored to do it. Burying that man was probably the hardest thing I've ever done in my natural life. Besides drinking a fifth of bourbon and trying to tackle two girls at once while high as hell too. But that's besides the point. I'm a raconteur of sorts. I like to tell stories and help people tell theirs. That's what I'm here for.

Genre Specialties and Crap: Blues, Rock, Country, Alternative, Punk, Prog. Metal, Americana, Grunge

I dabble in a little bit of everything and consider myself a freelance to anybody that'll take me. I'll try out a new genre of music every now and then just for kicks. But these one's here are my staples. My meat and taters. I'll do anything that's got alt in front of it too. You can find me at my new digs in Seattle nowadays if you're looking to hire me. I also have a place in Memphis as well. Be seeing you soon I hope.

Edited by user 02 March 2014 03:27:03(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage]

Owner of: Nobody's Darlings

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Ezra "Zeke" James

The Train Jumpers

Hennessy Daniels
thanks 3 users thanked Squeege for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 28/02/2013(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 05/03/2013(UTC), erich hess on 02/03/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 28 February 2013 03:32:39(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18006 time(s) in 10470 post(s)
Erica:ooooh mr Hennessy! I love your work with liquor...actually,I only like it mixed with hypnotiq. But I am a huge fan! I've got a bottle back home as we speak. If you can make fine cognac,I can only imagine what you can do with music. Do we get a complimentary bottle it we hire you?

Nina: the harlots loooove complimentary. Though nowadays it's bloody hard finding good complimentary products.

Erica: so we make things complimentary. Some call it "theft",tucking sticks in the mud.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Squeege  
#3 Posted : 28 February 2013 03:36:52(UTC)
Squeege

Man

Hennessy: I'm more of a bourbon and whiskey type drinker. But I'll make an exception for you fine ladies and said a few bottles you're way. What can I say? I'm a classy fucking guy.
UserPostedImage]

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Ezra "Zeke" James

The Train Jumpers

Hennessy Daniels
Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 28 February 2013 03:45:35(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erica: classy indeed! As a rule we usually go for everclear. Value for money,you know.

Nina: or we never let our drinking budget match our bank account,now that we are famous.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline Squeege  
#5 Posted : 05 March 2013 05:15:53(UTC)
Squeege

Man

UserPostedImage

The Train Jumpers

Your old pal Hen here. These boys here I know after I split up with Johnny and he lead the band on his own. Being a producer and such you got to find new guys to work with you know? It's a part of the job. Now I'd known these cats from slumming around Memphis. Turns out they were all Macon, Georgia natives. They were just up there cutting their chops and stuff you know? It's what bands do. If they weren't the second coming of Skynyrd I'll be damned. Frank is that long haired worn sumbitch in the middle. The man could slay a slide guitar and had a voice like southern angel from the better parts of Heaven. You know down on the southern part. The biker looking dude is the drummer Boyd, the guy next to that's Ray who is Boyd's younger brother and other axeman in the group, on the other side is Jake the bassman, and Logan the organ and key man.

These dude's are the new revolution of southern rock and bringing it back like it's an unheard gospel. They do a little country too. But it's got it's flavor. Not only did I produce a few records for em' and helped out. I was their road manager. I did more time with them on the road though in the booth. I made tweaks and suggestions. They ran the place and pretty much put a boot in my ass as soon as they walked in. Letting me know how it was gonna be and how it was gonna sound. They got my respect immediately and we've been buddies ever since. I'm remastering an old demo album they plan to put out soon that is gonna knock your socks the fuck off. Skynyrd, Little Feat, Allman Brothers, 38 Special. You can hear all the soul of southern rock in their stuff. They're bringing it back with an iron fist and a vengeance with the devil riding shotgun.

Edited by user 05 March 2013 05:21:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage]

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Ezra "Zeke" James

The Train Jumpers

Hennessy Daniels
thanks 1 user thanked Squeege for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 05/03/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#6 Posted : 05 March 2013 05:59:31(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erich: I had my doubts until I saw the table cloth. I am fucking sold on that alone.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Squeege  
#7 Posted : 05 March 2013 06:43:00(UTC)
Squeege

Man

Hen: Don't take much too impress you does it brother? I thought that was a mighty fine table cloth myself.
UserPostedImage]

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Ezra "Zeke" James

The Train Jumpers

Hennessy Daniels
Offline erich hess  
#8 Posted : 05 March 2013 06:50:41(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erich:I'm a man of simple pleasures. Just give me a tablecloth and a table to put her on. Tables are good for so much.lifes too short for nude tables.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Squeege  
#9 Posted : 05 March 2013 06:59:15(UTC)
Squeege

Man

Hen: Well Johnny's gonna wait until you're done touring with Ada to hit the road. He's not budging until you come with him. The stubborn son of a bitch. My gypsy blood will not tolerate this non-rambling. These fellas are gonna be tagging along. If you though Johnny was good people. These guys are pretty much a combination of Mayberry and Sons of Anarchy. With a little bit of Dukes of Hazzard. The guys live for muscle cars and bikes. Prepare for many speeding tickets or possible pullovers with these guys. Can charm the cheese out of a rat's mouth though.
UserPostedImage]

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Ezra "Zeke" James

The Train Jumpers

Hennessy Daniels
Offline erich hess  
#10 Posted : 05 March 2013 07:11:26(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erich: sounds like
My kinda fun. I've got 53 bel air that needs the carbon blown out of it. But,yes I'll be with my wife for a bit. She annexed me good and proper...and I love every minute of it.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 05/03/2013(UTC)
Offline Squeege  
#11 Posted : 29 March 2013 03:52:44(UTC)
Squeege

Man

UserPostedImage

The Night I Became Pac Man

Many years ago when I could wrangle two women without getting winded one of my past times was and still is Pac Man. I have a strange love and hate affinity for the game. It's a beguiling mistress Pac Man almost as beguiling as Ms. Pac Man herself. But that was before the divorce settlement and the messy lawsuit that sent Ms. Pac Man out on her own. This was back when they were still a happy pac family. Anyway enough about the rise and fall of the pac man family dynasty. Where was I? My mind tends to wander any more. I blame it on the drugs and alcohol. Oh yeah. The night I became Pac Man. A part of the machine if you will. It was almost Tommy-esque though I wasn't blind, deaf, and dumb. But I was on a high quantity of acid and cocaine. I honestly don't think I'll get the right amount again to ever repeat this feat of amazingness.

I had been on a bender after doing some shows with my band, Subterfuge, which in all honesty I do miss. I was in my younger years and nowhere near considering that I'd ever be near 40 or over it. Which I am at this point. I'd rolled into this dive bar and had a drink when I noticed the amplified music along with the flashing lights. Being easily distracted and amazed from the light show that was being made by shadows in the corner I went to investigate. There it was. It was like the whole machine was glowing some radioactive blue and calling out for me to play. Pac Man was reaching into my soul. I couldn't resist and broke one or two bucks for some quarters to begin. Then I sat down and started to play. Little did I know that this action would alter my life and outlook forever.

I slid a quarter in the slot that accepted my silvery shiny gift like a well worn hooker opening her legs because she could still give you the ride of your natural born life. Pac Man did this and then some. I listened to the little ditty and then began to move my little pac man across the screen. My heart pounding as I tried to escape the little ghosts that were trying to take my digital soul. The elation I felt when I got that first little power up pill was like pure adrenaline. I started busting some ghost ass and cleaned house as fast as I could while consuming various fruits along the way. I was just about to get the last one and finish the level when I lost my first life. I nearly cried out in mourning as the game had now consumed me and I could see the digital ghosts behind me. Circling like vultures which made me panic a little. I knew then and there that I must win. I must make the high score list and procure glory. The game had chosen me.

So I soldiered on and ignored the time. Still taking a drink here and there with an occasional bump along with some acid. Though I had switched to shrooms at that point for whatever reason I can't really say. The bartender had already been through last call but didn't bother me for some reason. I lived upstairs in an apartment that I was renting out anyway so it was convenient to say the last. Dripping copious amounts of sweat and what I believed to be blood on to the game screen. Which made my little Pac harder to manipulate with all the slippage. But I had to win. The game had chosen me to be its vessel among the list of high score glory. I kept playing when I was sure it was morning or the glow of the machine had given light to the darkness. That's when I noticed that my score was nearly unreadable and was spreading down the side of the game very matrix like. I had become the one. The pac man. The game then fried and smoked after my last life had been removed from me. I then passed out from sheer exhaustion. My landlord/bartender woke me later on that day after finding me there. Face down in sweat, blood, and tears of mixed emotions of what I had conquered. He said no man had ever defeated the pac man machine like he had seen me do. Most walked away dejected, feeling pitiful, and quite possibly killed themselves from not mastering the greatness of pac man. There names not written on the list of digital titans.

I had done this. Not only had I achieved something greater than myself I think I reached zen with my destruction of the pac man machine. Watching them wheel it out after I had given it it's greatest challenger was like watching an old boxer take his last punch and go down with dignity. The experience has scarred and changed me. But no matter how much I try on any pac man machine I can never repeat the feat of that one night. It was my one moment of glory in this world. I urge you all to challenge yourself with game of pac man. You will never be the same.
UserPostedImage]

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Ezra "Zeke" James

The Train Jumpers

Hennessy Daniels
erich hess on 29/03/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#12 Posted : 29 March 2013 04:05:16(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Ooc: that was...beautiful. Like so beautiful I don't want to sully it with my stupid ass responses.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Squeege  
#13 Posted : 29 March 2013 10:22:11(UTC)
Squeege

Man

OOC: Be proud sir! Part of Hennessy emerged from some inspiration on your part. I enjoyed Erich's ramblings. So I did something similar with Hen here. Thanks for the compliment though man I appreciate it! I actually like Erich's responses. They're sometimes poeticly aloof and fit with the nonsense. Which is basically what this is. Drugs and pac man made for a good story though I figured.
UserPostedImage]

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Ezra "Zeke" James

The Train Jumpers

Hennessy Daniels
erich hess on 29/03/2013(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#14 Posted : 29 March 2013 10:47:27(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

ooc: its good to see something comes out of erich's inane babbling. most of which come from writing the first thing that pops in my head. yay adult add. for the record,i HATE pacman. i just cannot do it.at all.

erich: pac man.bah! another case of the victor writing history. what about all the poor little dots and ghost that dont get to go home to their families? all because that gluttonous bastard ate them.its like if stalin won the cold war,we'd be reading about how he stamped out hunger in russia. as opposed to murdering 30 million people. that being said,henny,old boy...you sound like a right hoot to be around when tasting dr leary's finest.i applaud you and will spread your word.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Squeege  
#15 Posted : 29 March 2013 10:54:20(UTC)
Squeege

Man

Hen: I feel like it's my duty after that life altering experience. You know to preach the gospel of pac man. Some people don't understand but that's ok. I accept all. Believers of the pac man or not. Anyway. I'm sure we'll get to hang on tour seeing as I let the guys use my plane to get to Europe. Funny I forgot I had it. It's the one thing I got from a rich dead uncle I didn't know that I actually use. Dead relatives are good for stuff like that.
UserPostedImage]

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Ezra "Zeke" James

The Train Jumpers

Hennessy Daniels
Offline erich hess  
#16 Posted : 29 March 2013 11:04:41(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erich: for real. my dead grandfather left me a walther p38 that he looted from world war 2. thats the hess way,loot dead bodies....
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Squeege  
#17 Posted : 22 August 2013 13:12:37(UTC)
Squeege

Man

Hen: I just realized I still had my old site........ Anyway. Back to the old grind. Too inebriated to come up with something coherent to write yet. But it's coming. Stay tuned kids!
UserPostedImage]

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Ezra "Zeke" James

The Train Jumpers

Hennessy Daniels
erich hess on 22/08/2013(UTC)
Offline Squeege  
#18 Posted : 11 February 2014 13:47:36(UTC)
Squeege

Man

Shootin' the shit.

Your friendly neighborhood rock n' roll raconteur here. Been hanging out at McDougal homestead and pretty much living in his attic. If you could call it that. We tried to make a moonshine distillery in his backyard. That endeavor was fucking as big a clusterfuck as the superbowl. Thankfully there were no major explosions and no one lost a limb. But we will try this again soon. Johnny and I are determined to have our own fresh supply of liquor at our disposal. Which could be a good or bad thing. Anyway, I've been sitting around thinking and reflecting. There's some artists I wanna work with besides Johnny boy. Though I am kind of his producer pimp. The only one that would be fun is Erich Hess. I like the guy and wouldn't mind putting some extra twang in his tunes. Maybe another metal band if it comes along. Didn't a new batch of dudes just bust out? Age of Enlightenment I think. I like them. Trying to help Johnny put together a small EP of his own. He plans on releasing 3 EPs as volumes. Beginning, Middle, and end type shit. Apparently his energy to create albums as ran out a bit. He thinks working in short bursts may be the better avenue and I agree. At least until he wants to make an actual album again. He's very adamant about working with more people as a feature guy on some albums as well. His short stint with Erich I think makes him miss the comradery of working with others. Jason Smith was always somebody he wanted to work with or collaborate with on an album. As a producer something about them gels together well. I think it's because they can both tell a story musically and lyrically. It takes talent for that kind of thing.

Speaking of making music. I was thinking about doing something myself. I had a southern grunge rock type band back in the day. The early 90s to be exact. We released one album and then called it quits. Sometimes that shit just happens you know? Got the idea to call up the boys. Put out a little EP myself and go back on a one time tour. Didn't realize what a fanbase we had and still have despite our one off album. Then just fading into obscurity. Figure I better get out there and show that us guys over 40 can still rock the fuck out. I'll keep you kids posted on plans and any press shit. Be weird to see us back in the news again. Let alone my name. Being that it also isn't in an arrest report. Well the booze is starting to work it's magic. So I'm going to conk out and call this one. I do plan to drink less on tour though. Heh.
UserPostedImage]

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Ezra "Zeke" James

The Train Jumpers

Hennessy Daniels
thanks 4 users thanked Squeege for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 11/02/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 11/02/2014(UTC), erich hess on 11/02/2014(UTC), Hellspawn on 12/02/2014(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#19 Posted : 11 February 2014 23:54:35(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erich: if I could get out of this lazy slump I have been in,this sounds like a capital idea. For months I have been just sitting on my ass and lording it over whomever will let me. Being owner of little star power,I only got to lord it over a Boston terrier and a gentleman named Gordon. Gordon was a simple man who had delusions that he lived in the universe of dune and built statues of Gordon Elliot from old ribwiches. He would adamantly claim he was not related to Gordon Elliot,they just shared the same first name. On the distilling front,I can give a hand with that. I've ran my own absinthe distillery on the duke for years. Commercial absinthe just doesn't have the toxic metal salt content that gives that Belle Époque feeling.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Squeege  
#20 Posted : 02 March 2014 03:25:26(UTC)
Squeege

Man

Stay Gold, Ponyboy.

So I heard Reported Failure and Riot! In The Boulevard are on the outs. I honestly think RITB are victims of their own success really. You see this shit with every band through the ages. I really think it was what killed some great bands. They get high up and popular. Everybody loves them, wants a piece of the action, and it all goes into a clusterfuck. A girl like Amy Meyer can definitely carry herself without fronting RITB in my opinion. She'd be a formidable damn solo artist in her own right without the band behind her. It sounds liken a case of great success with Amy at the forefront of it all. As she had been since the band's inception. She became what the people associated with the band. People love her, she's not exclusive to just her band, and has a record company to boot. But with that she kind of inadvertently stepped on her bandmates toes. I don't think this was a purposeful thing. Amy had become what the band was known for. Which was great song writing, stage presence, and a beautiful voice. The others kind of got left behind in all the madness and were forgotten about. Don't get me wrong. The brothers are good. But it's easy to forget about the other players on the stage when there's one that sort of outshines the rest. Whatever happens now is sort of no consequence. I'm pretty positive Amy can handle herself on her own.

As for Reported Failure. It's a cut and dry thing. Some musicians just want to slow the fuck down sometimes. Whether they're quitting or taking a hiatus. Sometimes you got to stop and breathe. Maybe Billie's just tired of it all. Who knows? It may not be a permanent thing. He might just disappear into the mountains for a while and come back with a new perspective. Getting out into the woods and getting close to the dirt can do wonders for a man. It changes him. So I think that this decision by Billie is a good one. While it may not make damn bit of logical sense to his friends and band mates. It makes sense to me. I understand the need to just go away. Whether it be into the mountains, overseas, or in a long ass roadtrip. Anything to provide some introspection and just be with yourself for a while. I get that.
UserPostedImage]

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Ezra "Zeke" James

The Train Jumpers

Hennessy Daniels
thanks 4 users thanked Squeege for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 02/03/2014(UTC), snap_itshannah on 02/03/2014(UTC), erich hess on 02/03/2014(UTC), C4AJoh on 02/03/2014(UTC)