logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#21 Posted : 26 October 2015 07:03:53(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19293 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

As the lights dim around the girls, they get into their respective positions. They were stood on a set of pink stairs with Dani, Lacy, Bianca, and Aubrei in a square around each other; two girls in the back, Dani and Lacy and two in front of them, Bianca and Aubrei. As part of their way to stand out, they were dressed in some baggy blue jeans and t-shirts with their names spray painted on like graffiti and each had their own symbol next to their names. Dani had a black shirt, separating herself from the other girls, which was in an attempt to help show their individuality while still being a group. It had been their first performance in what seemed like forever. In reality, the girls had gone through lots of change with management, their looks, and their sound. It was all still very much surreal to think they were almost on top of the world before and essentially had to start all over. It didn’t take them long however, due to their impeccable talent and loyal fanbase. The girls had a 15 minute slot tonight. While most might complain it wasn’t enough, it was more than enough for the girls to show off just why they the next big thing.

There was this unmistakable energy at the festival, and they felt it. It was just good to be back on stage again. While they were standing there, the girls could barely hear themselves think as they were bombarded with a sea of cheers that they didn’t expect. They would start off their set with their latest and newest single, “Constant” which was the first time they’d be performing the song live. They also decided to give them a taste of what to expect on the album but performing 2 other tracks that’s never been performed or heard by their fans before. When the instrumental starts playing, Dani speaks into her microphone, addressing the crowd. "Fall Festival, you ready to have a good time?! We're happy to be here in front of you and we're happy to share some of our new music! Let me hear you!" The crowd responds back in typical crowd nonsense of cheers and screams. As the track starts, Bianca is the first to sing, providing most of the introductory ad-libs. Her soprano vocals are heard while the other 3 girls are singing the intro, each girl in a different note to add harmony. Although the track is a feature, the girls decided to do the solo version for now. They were bouncing from side to side until Aubrei started her solo verse. The girls, of course, were doing backup vocals for her as she got her time to shine on the song. All throughout their performance, the screens behind them would show their different symbols.

Danielle Aubrei Lacy Bianca Together

(Been there from beginnings, and you’ll be there ‘til the end)
And baby that’s love (baby that’s love)
(oh oh ooh oh)
And baby that’s love (baby that’s love)

My constant, my constant babe
My constant, you’re my constant, yeah
My constant, you’re my constant

As everything changes around me
I can always look to you
Not many are up to the task
But, you’re one of the chosen few
You managed to break on through

As soon as Aubrei is finished, Bianca steps up as she starts to sing with the other girls assisting her now. Her tone comes off as strong and yet delicate. After she finishes singing, all 4 of the girls help with the chorus, singing together and still in perfect harmony. The thing about LUSH was that their voices blended so beautifully together and each girl had a unique voice when singing. It was easy to point out which voice was who’s when they performed. Bianca had the strongest voice and Dani had the most noticeable in the way she sang. Lacy and Aubrei both had different yet similar voices but Aubrei’s was a tad bit more powerful. They also had such personality when performing, allowing each girl to be relatable and reachable. As they all traveled to the center of the stage together, Dani was up next with her solo verse.

UserPostedImage

Know what all I want (aye)
Before I open my lips (aye)
Only one to steal my breath
And seal it with a kiss (hey)
Promised I’d never fall
So deep into this thing
But I’m only human
I’m only human, oh
And you’ve been there all this time…

People come and go
They’ll walk right out of my mind
But you seem to be that type
To have me in the palm of your hand (your hand)
Your hand (your hand)

UserPostedImage

You don’t want me, to bow down
You’re never looking, to parade me around
And I swear it on my life
I’ll always feel like that
Cause babe, you’re my constant

It’s a little funny how the world works
It’s spinning every day, 365
But you never slip away, you’re always beside
Always beside me

Danielle finished her solo part, as they are now completely off the stairs and onto the actual stage. The crowd hasn’t let up on their cheering and it fuels the girls whenever they are performing. Lacy switches up to sing the pre-chorus while the other girls do the back up, and little Lacy was packed full of sass. She was wearing her black suspenders, to show her geeky side which she loved so much. The girls were now lined up next to each other, each singing their hearts out over the loud crowd. They give each other a stare as they realize that they hadn’t performed live in over 2 years, and it felt really good to be back together on stage.

Know what all I want (aye)
Before I open my lips (aye)
Only one to steal my breath
And seal it with a kiss
(hey)
Promised I’d never fall
So deep into this thing
But I’m only human
I’m only human, oh

People come and go
They’ll walk right out of my mind
But you seem to be that type
Your hand (your hand)

You don’t want me, to bow down
It’s a mutual respect
And I’m in the palm of your hand
Everything can change but you’re my constant

Right after the singing of the chorus, there’s a mini instrumental part where the girls are encouraging the crowd to raise their hands with them. Bianca shouts into her mic, "Fall Fest, lemme hear you!" This is the part where the rap is supposed to be but since they opted to perform the solo version, they adjusted. Afterwards, Lacy belts out the next line, and then the other girls come back into the song. Bianca starts to sing the ad-libs with the girls throwing some extra feeling into their voices. The distorted male voice that was heard in the beginning comes back through the speakers and the girls once again are encouraging the crowd to raise their hands, swaying back and forth. You can clearly hear them harmonizing together until the very end of the track, where they all sing the same note on the “Never change” line. After that, the crowd applauds for them and they go into their next track.

People come and go
They’ll walk right out of my mind (right out of my mind)
But you seem to be that type (boy you seem the type)
Your hand (your hand)
(Oooh)

You don’t want me, to bow down (no)
It’s a mutual respect
And I’m in the palm of your hand
Everything can change but you’re my constant

My constant, I’m in the palm of your hand
You got me in the palm of your hand

My constant, you’re my constant
Never change

Once the music died down, there was a thunderous crash that was heard, making the place fall silent. After a few seconds, there was a music box that was playing, slowly, and then the sounds of a heart monitor with the beeps keeping a slow pace before going rampant. When this happens, the girls are standing next to one another as Bianca lifts the microphone to her lips, singing out the first verse in her deep yet sexy. Bianca had one of the greatest ranges of all the girls, being able to reach a high soprano and then dive deep into a low alto. It made for an exciting listen whenever she sang. This track was far different from the previous, having a more electronic inspiration to it. The song also gave the girls a new attitude, from being in love to a more confident attitude. As the beat picked up, it switches from Bianca to Lacy as her subtle yet poignant vocals come into play. Whenever you heard Lacy's voice, you could tell she was a sweet girl and it showed whenever she sang. It was the perfect contrast from Bianca who sounded more rough around the edges and in your face. After Lacy, the rest of the girls join in to sing the chorus, and as they do this, the beat goes into a full electronic mix while the girls supply dance moves as well. The choreography is simple yet makes it point. All four girls were in perfect harmony as they essentially were mirror images of each other, not one going too fast or too slow. They completely stayed on the same page with their entire performance.

Take a pinch of roughness and and dash of sweat
Stir a cup of strength mixed with forgiveness
Don't miss a thing or you'll go back to start
And don't forget to give him a heart
So he can feel what I am feeling, oh, oh, oh

You can switch or substitute
As long as he's made just for you
Any questions? Well girls, let's get to work

I've got the recipe, r-r-r-recipe
I've got the recipe
And soon the whole world will see
I've got the recipe
It's made for you and me
On how to build a man
Make him follow your demands
I've seen him in my dreams
A perfect memory
And now I do believe
I've got the r-r-r-recipe

UserPostedImage

With the second verse, Dani takes center stage as she holds her hand in the air, to emphasize the feeling she was giving with her voice. Her raspy yet unique vocals were always so contrasting of that of the other girls. She definitely stuck out but in a good way. They repeat their same pattern with Lacy coming in for the pre-chorus, giving her now strong and quirky vocals attention. Once again, the chorus is sang by all the girls as they repeat their dance moves, this time moving around in a circle so they are now in different positions on the stage. Afterwards, the beat changes to sound like electricity is surging in the air, as it stutters and Aubrei is given the task of delivering the bridge. Her voice sounds very dominant and dark, as the girls occasionally join in providing backing vocals for melodies. When she reaches the end, there's a 15 second acapella of "ah's" in which all the girls are singing in high falsettos. The beauty of their vocals was there wasn't one voice higher than the others or one voice standing out, they sang together and not as a competition. When they finish that, Bianca belts out a "whoa's" as the other three come back together for the singing of the chorus. The girls really show off their pipes, most noticeably Lacy and Dani. Towards the end of the performance, you can hear the heart monitor again, this time going dead before the song ends.

Once you've got the ingredients together, all blended
You can manipulate him for your own desires, yeah, hey, yeah
And don't forget you got to make him smart
No one or nothing will break you apart
It's the most perfect concoction, oh, oh, oh

You can switch or substitute
As long as he's made just for you
Any questions? Well girls, let's get to work

I've got the recipe
I've got the recipe
It's made for you and me
On how to build a man
Make him follow your demands
I've seen him in my dreams
A perfect memory
And now I do believe

They think that I'm insane
Or messed up in the brain
I'll prove it's not a myth
It's just a little
fix
I'll examine chromosomes
So nothing can go wrong
He'll be without defects
Any evil will be
gone
And it won't be inhumane
His heart will beat the same
Even give him a name
He'll love you more with age
He'll have no jealousy
No infidelity
If you want this chemistry
I've got the recipe

Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah, ah
Ah, ah, ah, ah, ah (Oh woah woah woah woah)

I've got the recipe
I've got the recipe
It's made for you and me
On how to build a man (How to build a man)
Make him follow your demands (Your demands)
I've seen him in my dreams (In my dreams)
A perfect memory (Perfect memory)
And now I do believe (I do believe)

As the song finishes, the crowd is still hyped up by all of their performances so far. As they gather themselves to start performing some more intimate songs, the ladies gather up all their energy in order to get through the next two songs. Following up would be the acoustic driven "Smoke Signal" which was very Pop but also a soft tempo song. It had it's energetic moments bu for the most part, it was a very emotional track. With a guitarist off to the side, the girls decided to do the track with less antics and just focus on the heart of the track which was their vocals. The track starts off with Lacy's delicate voice, the other girls silent but mentally supporting her. It isn't until the pre-chorus that the girls start to harmonize in order to create a sort of acapella version of it. A soothing chorus of "ooh's" are softly heard behind Lacy's more dominant vocals, but that changes when they get to the chorus, suddenly each girl adding their thunderous voices in order to create yet another harmony which give even more life to the song.

* = Lacy&Dani

I'm shutting the door on you for the last time
Cause you never can hear me, when I scream
I'm shutting the door on you for the last time
But it never does bother you, you always leave

Stop talking, I don't want to hear it
You make me sick, in every way
I'm shutting the door on you
I'm shutting the door on you

UserPostedImage

What must I do?
To get you to finally hear me?
To get you to finally answer when I call?
What must I do?
To get you to finally answer me when I call,
Send a smoke signal?

At the end, Bianca and Dani's voices are the most dominant with their lower registers to create harmony. Then, we hear and see Dani singing alone for the second verse. Her now familiar vocals to the crowd, receive a warm reaction as she manages to get through with no problems at all, but this time Aubrei assists her with Lacy and Bianca now carrying the harmonization part. Once it's evenly divided, Dani goes for the big note and then the girls join together again for the chorus. They trail off again as Lacy sings the bridge of the song, being able to show off her tremendous vocals as she belts out the last note and the girls quickly jump back in for the chorus. This time, however, Aubrei and Bianca become in charge of harmony as Lacy and Dani get the bulk of the song with their complimentary voices, echoing what the other two girls are singing and in the end, they all end on the same note.

You're never around for me when I need you most
And I'm tired of feeling without you, I'm lost, oh

You make me sick, in every way, yeah
You're never around for me
You're never around for me

What must I do?
To get you to finally answer when I call?
What must I do?
To get you to finally answer me when I call,
Send a smoke signal?
Send a smoke a signal?

You make me sick, in every way, yeah
I might lose it, if I hear your voice again
Why couldn't you hear me?

UserPostedImage

What must I do? (What must I do?)*
To get you to finally hear me? (To get you to finally hear me?)*
To get you to finally answer when I call? (To get you to finally answer when I call?)*
What must I do? (What must I do?)*
To get you to finally hear me? (To get you to finally hear me?)*
To get you to finally answer me when I call, (To get you to finally answer me when I call,)*
Send a smoke signal? (Send a smoke signal?)*
Send a smoke a signal?

When that song ends, the girls are met with instant praise and cheers. "Thank you!" Lacy shouts out, not able to stop herself from smiling. "Thank you so much! You guys have been an amazing audience and we love you so much. We love you and thank you for all the support and we want you guys to help join us in singing our last song, our first song we released in over 2 years that you've supported so much! This is "Breakthrough." After Lacy gives that heartfelt speech and announces their last song, the crowd gets into its overactive mode and you can hear the excitement roaring throughout the audience. The girls start clapping their hands as the familiar piano chords start to strike. There was a confidence in the girls throughout their entire performance but now it felt like they were taking their final victory march around the race track.

They follow their same way of singing the song originally, just a tad bit more excitement and soul was being introduced now. Danielle starts off the song with her low alto range with the first two lines until the other girls join in on the third line with their harmonizing. Dani then sings the next line as the girls again come together for the last line. As the song continues on, Bianca then sings the first half of the verse, followed by Aubrei. Lacy and Aubrei both sing the pre-chorus, with Dani and Bianca doing the background vocals, then come together for the chorus. Lacy sings the first half of the second verse and then Aubrei assists her as the other girls repeat the pattern, singing the pre-chorus with the back up harmonies from the remaining girls.

Waiting for my words to get through your scars
But you keep taking my words with grains of salt

And I don't
I don't wanna give up on you
So I still hope, I hope that I can make a breakthrough

You think you got me figured out
That I'm just so predictable
When in truth I'm incomparable
You've got the cards but I make you fold

Keep, keep you waiting on your knees
Just admit that you love the tease
Have you standing back on your feet
Cause you ain't the easiest to please

(Ooh) I love the rush through my veins, the adrenaline
But when I'm on top I get pushed back again

We going through this cycle
But we're breaking that cycle

And I don't

And I don't

Heard you found someone in my place
We both know it won't be the same
They can try, try to imitate
But this world could never duplicate

So-somebody else like me
You know I know it's true
And I know you know, it too
So come on, who you trying to fool?

(Ooh) Waiting for my words to get through your scars
And I don't

And I don't

They sing the chorus together again before breaking off for the bridge, in which they sings together with Dani ending each line and Aubrei singing the stray line before the chorus. Once the beat comes back in, the girls are singing together again with Bianca being sectioned off for solo vocals. Bianca is the chosen one since she has the highest soprano voice and is able to really hit the higher notes while the other girls remain together without lacking in harmony.

UserPostedImage

Make a breakthrough
Make a breakthrough
Make a breakthrough
Hope it's working, ye-eah

Make a breakthrough
Make a breakthrough
We're gonna make a breakthrough
Hope it's working, ye-eah

And I don't
So I still hope, I hope that I can make a breakthrough (I ho-o-ope, I ho-o-ope)

Waiting for my words to get through your scars (I keep waiting)
But you keep (You ke-e-e-ep) taking my words with grains of salt
And I don't
So I still hope, I hope that I can make a breakthrough!

Setlist
Constant
How To Build A Man
Smoke Signal
Breakthrough
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 3 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 26/10/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 26/10/2015(UTC), erich hess on 26/10/2015(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#22 Posted : 26 October 2015 10:16:44(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
So, sentimental moment time. Thanks guys for participating and taking time out of your schedules to do this. Everyone did a great job and thanks to Carmel and my sister for helping me out since work got in the way. I know i wasn't as huge as last years but we still made it work and to Scott and Andre, thanks for signing up and planning on participating but I know life can get in the way and I understand, but again thanks to everyone who wrote a rp or interview and yeaaaah, thanks. :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 2 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Matticus on 26/10/2015(UTC), erich hess on 26/10/2015(UTC)