logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

17 Pages«<151617
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline erich hess  
#321 Posted : 03 December 2015 08:29:42(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18003 time(s) in 10469 post(s)
Erich:*sheepishly* more than one or two,nads.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 03/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#322 Posted : 03 December 2015 08:32:30(UTC)
Matticus

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GirlSpice Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Matticus Go to Quoted Post
Buzz: so i think i'm going on a 2 month trip to vegas....

Nadia: OMG PLEASE COME! Okay, wait. One condition. You lemme work with you and Mr Hype. Deal? ;) It's on my bucket list...

Buzz: DEAL! MOTHER FUCKING DEAL!
Hype: YES!
Buzz: I have something on my bucket list too.....
Hype: Dude not now....
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 1 user thanked Matticus for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 03/12/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#323 Posted : 09 January 2016 23:08:18(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 5 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 09/01/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 09/01/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 10/01/2016(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/01/2016(UTC), genocidal king on 10/01/2016(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#324 Posted : 13 March 2016 23:38:18(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

"YOUR NEW MUST-SEE SHOW HAS ARRIVED"
- Las Vegas Sun

"A NIGHT OF HITS & VISUAL TREATS"
- Rolling Stone

"THE HOTTEST NEW SHOW ON THE STRIP"
- Las Vegas Weekly

SET LIST
01. "Make It Right"
02. "Shadow"
03. "Towards the Sun"
04. "Circles"
05. "Back to Me"
06. "Drunk"
07. "Bikinis & Martinis"
08. "Teenage Tragedy"
09. "Diamond in the Rough"
10. "Light Us Up"
11. "We'll Break Time"
12. "Cheap Flings and Diamond Rings"
13. "Not Enough"
14. "Hooked on Love"
15. "One of Those Days"
16. "Hands Up (Shot the Sheriff)"
17. "You Wanted War"
18. "Fake It"
19. "Runaway"
20. "Homesick"
21. "Sorry"
22. "Good Girls Don't Lie"
23. "Risktaker"
24. "Mixed Signals"
25. "Stone Cold World"
26. "Beautifully Broken"
27. "Build a Kingdom"
28. "Records On"

NEW DATES ADDED!

VIP Table Seating - $450
Front Orchestra - $170 - $200
Rear Orchestra - $100 - $190
Gold Circle Standing - $200

May 3, 2016
May 5, 2016
May 7, 2016
May 10, 2016
May 12, 2016
May 15, 2016
May 17, 2016
May 18, 2016
May 22, 2016
May 23, 2016
May 26, 2016
May 28, 2016
May 31, 2016
June 2, 2016
June 4, 2016
June 5, 2016
June 7, 2016
June 10, 2016
June 14, 2016
June 15, 2016
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 4 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 14/03/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 14/03/2016(UTC), C4AJoh on 15/03/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 15/03/2016(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#325 Posted : 19 November 2020 23:36:03(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Nadia Berry: BBC Radio 1 Interview
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Singer-songwriter Nadia Berry recently made her big comeback with the powerful "Whatever She Wants (Karma)" which premiered live on BBC Radio 1 just days ago. Listen back to the superstar's comeback interview below where she talked about her musical comeback, the abrupt end of her Vegas show due to the pandemic, and if a potential GirlSpice comeback could ever be on the cards.

Premiere of the new single comes to an end.

Nadia! It's so great to hear your voice on the radio again, let me start off by saying what a comeback this is, such an incredible, catchy song, you must be really proud of it, right?
Aw, thank you so much, sweetie. Yeah! I'm proud of every song I've ever put my name to and this one's no different. You know, a lot of artists comeback after some time away and they try to put their newer material on some sort of pedestal while looking down on their previous works, and I don't really get that. Every song is like a puzzle piece and without those previous pieces, the current ones wouldn't exist, you know? I dunno, I'm rambling, hi! (laughs) It feels weird to talk like this, it's been a while.

It definitely sounds like you had fun with the new single.
Oh, for sure! It's just full of attitude and it's almost unlike me in many ways, like, in real life I'm super chill, I like to think I'm sweet, polite, treat everyone with kindness, but this song is like, woah, who's this girl? I think it shows a side of me that rarely comes out because we can't be nice all the time, right? It's just super fun with a sorta rockstar edge to it, I really wish I could go on tour and perform it, that'd be awesome. (sighs) One day!

Absolutely! So with the current situation we're facing in the world, do you think there's other ways you'll be able to do so?
I think we could make something work, I think this pandemic is helping us all to get creative and think of new ways to promote and perform music, whether that be in a studio with a lavish set and no audience, or just sitting on the couch at home with a microphone, it's giving us all a chance to switch things up, so yeah, we'll see what happens.

So when you think about your previous albums, what comes to mind? From the sounds of it, you hold those records close to your heart.
I really do, they're all authentically me and they all show so many different sides to me, a girl with a lot more depth and complexity than just a girl group member who likes to dance, you know? My first album, Open Heart Surgery, I think of that as such an experimental time, I had a lot of fears, insecurities, but finding my voice was more freeing than anything, it was such an important time in my career and I love everything that album did for me, not only as an artist, but just as a person. Hera came at a really happy time in my life, and even though I don't really connect with the person that I was when that album came out, I listen back and it's so joyous and carefree to listen to, it's kinda sweet. Diamond in the Rough though... that's the one! That's my baby. Like, when you have kids you're not supposed to have a favourite, but psst... that one's definitely my favourite. It was just raw, personal, totally me.

The nostalgia! Such a trip down memory lane. It's been a number of years since your last single and you were also busy with your incredible Vegas show which I managed to catch, it really was a spectacle. Do you miss performing or has it been nice to have a well deserved break?
I always miss performing when I go without doing it for a while, but I must admit, it's been really nice to relax and take some time to focus on me and where I fit in this current music landscape. It's been many, many years since my last studio album. So yeah, the change of pace was definitely strange, but you know, I had more or less been doing this non-stop for close to 10 years and I think my body is appreciating the rest right now, the non-stop touring, travelling, promoting, performing... you get the idea, it can all really take it out of you.

You've been in the industry for such a long time now, you're a wealthy woman there's no doubt about that, so what drives you to keep doing this?
Good question. (laughs) I have definitely had moments where I've thought... yeah, maybe enough's enough now, maybe it's time to settle down and enjoy a quieter life. But maybe 2 minutes after thinking that, the itch comes back and my mind just starts thinking about writing music or what my next music video might look like, it's an addiction. There's something very therapeutic about it and I think I'd go a little stir crazy if I didn't have this outlet.

Well we're lucky to still have you around, this new song, is it just a one-off or could we be expecting something more?
I think right now, it's just about having fun in the studio and putting out music when I feel ready to do so. I've been doing this a long time, I have so many songs for people to enjoy already, and my fans are always tweeting and asking when the next album is coming, but I try not to give into the pressure just for the sake of it. I wouldn't want to release something my heart's not into, not this late in my career, and I don't want to say something and not follow through with it. I always mean what I say. So for now, let me just say, there's a few songs I have that may come out eventually, but nothing else just yet.

You've had a career full of hit singles, enough to even fill your own greatest hits album, is there one single in particular that is truly special to you?
Not to brag, but... I think all of my singles are pretty damn great, 10/10 would recommend buying my greatest hits. (laughs) No, uhm. I think "Homesick" is one of my favourite singles, I love the lyrics, and getting the chance to collaborate with Ryan Williams was a dream, it's just a really lovely song. I also have to say "Records On" too, just for the fans, cause... that song was stupidly huge, so I have no choice. (laughs)

On a less positive note, because balance is nice, do you have any regrets in your career? Musically, or just personally.
I think more than anything, I regret not keeping my personal life personal. Rather than have documentaries on my life and giving interviews about personal subjects and kinda just... wearing my heart on my sleeve and being so open about it all, I wish I had kept certain things closer to my chest and let the music do the talking. But hey ho, right? We live and learn and that's something I plan on putting into action in this next chapter of my life.

And to round things up, because I can't let you leave without asking you this question, GirlSpice reunion? Is that possible?
I could feel it coming! My senses were tingling. (laughs) Uhh, going to be very blunt, I'm not sure I see it happening again, I rather put that out there than let the fans believe it could happen at any moment. Chantal's busy being an awesome mother, she's so crazy protective and it's just really sweet to see that side to her. Sophia's had a bunch of modelling gigs and she's doing amazing with that and is staying really busy, and I'm slowly easing my way back out there with this new music and trying to navigate this crazy post-Covid world, so I'm not sure if any of us have the time or desire for it. We had an amazing run, I'm proud of what we achieved at a time when the industry leaned so heavily towards rock and metal music, well over 10 years ago now.

Nadia, thanks for the quick chat, and I'll look forward to speaking to you again soon, I hope.
Absolutely, I better get back to the studio, in that case! Take care.

"Whatever She Wants (Karma)" is out now.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 10 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 20/11/2020(UTC), PANIC! on 20/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 20/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 20/11/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 20/11/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 20/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 20/11/2020(UTC), C4AJoh on 21/11/2020(UTC), FiveT on 21/11/2020(UTC), kandii on 23/12/2020(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#326 Posted : 18 December 2020 01:37:44(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Honor: I'm holding my breath on a GirlSpice reunion. It may not be next year or the next but at some point you'll have to let me breathe right?
Also I really love when artists are able to capture a moment in an album, like you said you were a different person when you released Hera so you can't really relate to it now but I think it's cool that you are able to let it naturally flow and not force yourself to be happy or in love or mad in order to record a song. I think it makes the album much more authentic that way.

Whenever you decide to put out another full length project, we will all be giving it a listen!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 18/12/2020(UTC)