logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<91011
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline erich hess  
#201 Posted : 02 April 2014 07:38:38(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18003 time(s) in 10469 post(s)
Erica: ooooh. Vanity and magie? This should be called the "too much ass for you" tour. Seriously. I have quite a tush,but these two? They are like...booty poster girls or something.

Nina: *squirts erica with a water pistol* down,girl! Seriously,love. What's got you so randy?

Erica: your mom!

Nina: really? I thought you said my mom looked like Brian dennehyin drag?

Erica: don't make me explain my joke! You're sapping my humor power! Sapping sapping! Saaaaaapppping! *falls dramatically to the floor.*

Nina:*paying her no mind.* the death of Marat nod is a nice touch,vanity.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
thanks 1 user thanked erich hess for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 02/04/2014(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#202 Posted : 13 December 2014 07:04:04(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Pop icon Vanity is pleased to announce the release of her debut fragrance, Debauchery. Just in time for Christmas, this scent will make the perfect gift to any die-hard Vanity fan. To celebrate its release, those who purchase from Vanity's official store on its exclusive online release date (this coming Monday) are guaranteed to receive their order before Christmas, and will also receive an exclusive discount code to purchase other Vanity merchandise.

The daring fragrance is based on the scent of leather and captures who Vanity is as an artist, bold, unique and powerful. Mixing sweet, floral scents together with wood and spices, a combination of trademark feminine and masculine notes.

The fragrance will be released exclusively for just one week starting Monday, in a limited amount of 5000 bottles. At the end of the week, Debauchery will be pulled from Vanity's online store until it receives its official worldwide release in stores next February.

"I'm extremely excited to be announcing the launch of my very first scent, something I've longed to do as an artist for a very long time. Expanding my brand and challenging myself with new ventures is a dream as an artist who's been doing this for as long as I have," Vanity states. "I truly believe Debauchery can be worn not only by females, but my male fans too, this is what I have always intended as I created it and I hope my fans will embrace it."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 5 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 13/12/2014(UTC), kandii on 13/12/2014(UTC), erich hess on 13/12/2014(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 13/12/2014(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 13/12/2014(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#203 Posted : 13 December 2014 07:13:28(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
PREMIUM: As much as I love you, Van Van, I'm scared of what you might smell like, therefore I don't want to smell like you because as a devoted Vanity fan, I know that when you say bold, you fucking mean it. But go'on girl!!! and read that in a Michael Jackson voice.
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 13/12/2014(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#204 Posted : 13 December 2014 10:52:38(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Tatiana: Will I smell like Pop royalty and sex? Lemme go ahead and order a few bottles!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 15/12/2014(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#205 Posted : 07 November 2015 11:05:57(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

01. "New York"
02. "Technicolor Tears"
03. "Hallucinate"
04. "Crashing Down"
05. "Dare to Question"
06. "Control"
07. "Eyelids"
08. "Rage"
09. "Night Dreaming"
10. "Infinity"
11. "New Religion"
12. "Human Right"
13. "Curtain Call"

Available December 11 via Kaleidoscope Records.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 7 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
Famouss7x7 on 07/11/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 07/11/2015(UTC), erich hess on 07/11/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 07/11/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 07/11/2015(UTC), DistortedAudio on 10/11/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/12/2015(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#206 Posted : 04 December 2015 06:05:15(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

INSTANT GRAT: "NEW YORK"
Pre-order the new album Dominant and download the new song now!
UserPostedImage

Vanity gives her home New York a shoutout on the instant grat track, taken from her upcoming album Dominant, available just over a week from now. The album follows the number one hits "Eyelids" and "Hallucinate", both of which have become some of Vanity's biggest hits to date.

"New York", track one on the album's track list, is a euphoric song that kicks off the record in a wild, upbeat fashion. Featuring breezy guitars at the start and end of the track, you might think "New York" is a surprisingly mellow beginning to a Vanity record, but after just a few seconds, she soon washes away those questions as layers of hard-hitting beats come to the forefront of the track. This builds and builds to the song's explosive chorus where the beat evolves into something more chaotic, and Vanity's vocals grow stronger, even slightly erratic at moments.

"Sink into the pop culture, dance into the nightlife / We're at the roots of the skyline / And we light it up at night," Vanity sings proudly in the song, passionately singing about the atmosphere and blinding lights that she's become so accustomed to from a young age.

"New York"

Sounds like:

Just another city girl
Tryna find her way in the world
Wearin' a scent of vodka and weed
All eyes on me when I walk into the jungle
Where the crowds shuffle along to the trouble
Dreams laid out on the concrete
And we're wide awake while the world's asleep

Drink in the adrenaline
Oh, there's no comparison
That's why they all talk
About New York
Hear the atmosphere downtown
Where the blinding lights are all around
That's why they all talk
About New York

And you hear 'em talk, you hear 'em say
They wanna getaway today
Ooh, from the everyday
We're built for adventure
And we're ready to venture into the neon lights
We're just a taxi ride away from smoky wild nights

It's a love affair that's never ending
And there's no faking, no pretending
Cause I wouldn't wanna be anywhere
But New York
We're just a taxi ride away from the story of this NY soul
A taxi ride away from the center of the world
Oh, I wouldn't wanna be anywhere
But New York

Drink in the adrenaline
That's why they all talk
About New York
That's why they all talk
About New York

Grey picture fantasies now in reality's vivid colour
Sink into the pop culture, dance into the nightlife
We're at the roots of the skyline
And we light it up at night
We bring the buzz
And we're the heart of the noise
You gave me the voice and there's no other choice
I'm nothin' till I'm on the soil
Of you, New York
My sweet New York

Drink in the adrenaline
That's why they all talk
About New York
That's why they all talk
About New York
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 10 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 04/12/2015(UTC), freestylechamp on 04/12/2015(UTC), Matticus on 04/12/2015(UTC), Welat65 on 04/12/2015(UTC), erich hess on 04/12/2015(UTC), Atonic Records on 04/12/2015(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 04/12/2015(UTC), C4AJoh on 13/12/2015(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 16/12/2015(UTC), Princess_Valentine on 10/01/2016(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#207 Posted : 13 December 2015 17:51:00(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8682 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
Cara: Waaaah, this is truly fantastic! I feel a very strong connection to this song. I have no idea how you can continually write incredible songs like this, after so many years you're still at the very top of the industry as a songwriter, artist and performer and there are no doubts that this new record will be another monster. It's crazy that these new songs are some of your most successful songs, just a testament to how incredibly talented and creative you are. Amazing!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 14/12/2015(UTC)
Offline Matticus  
#208 Posted : 13 December 2015 18:55:21(UTC)
Matticus

Man

Was thanked: 1328 time(s) in 705 post(s)
Buzz: I want to do a mash up with this and Sinatra's New York, New York...
Hype: well I don't know how that would sound?
Buzz: well that's amazing, this is amazing, I'm amazing, so if I made it, it would probably be a number 1 hit for at least 6 months!
Hype: .....Vanity your song is amazing, great to see you're still smashing it!
Sammy Griffin

Matt Young

Fathers of Fury

Buzz & Hype

Other Acts Include: Parish (Michael Parish), Lucifer (James Francis), Cheating the System (Ethan Plyth, Tom Jolly, Ryan Wyler)
thanks 1 user thanked Matticus for this useful post.
Offline genocidal king  
#209 Posted : 13 December 2015 20:53:26(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Katie: I feel like I've said this a lot lately...but I truly do admire this new era of Vanity. It's like you've been sitting observing what the new age of popstars can do and then you've come majestically sweeping in like "mhm hunty, but have a seat and let me show you what the icons can do." And then you just slay. I love it. It's so you but so fresh, and how you continue to deliver every time is really beautiful.

OOC: Love these lyrics, as always. You never seem to write a bad song :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
Offline GirlSpice  
#210 Posted : 11 January 2016 21:33:42(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

Vanity is proud to announce her brand new concert tour - fresh off the release of latest album Dominant, the pop superstar has avoided a lengthy tour schedule, instead opting to visit 20 different countries over 20 shows where demand is highest.

In partnership with Live Nation, Vanity has created the "VanityLive" app, now available on the App Store, which gives fans their only opportunity to register and purchase tickets for one of the 20 shows. The app, which has been a work in progress for the past 6 months, was designed with Vanity's loyal fans in mind, giving them a platform purely to purchase tickets to this exciting new pop spectacle, while trying to combat ticket scouts who resell concert tickets for ludicrous amounts.

Once fans create an account on the app, they'll have the opportunity to purchase tickets, which will be registered in that person's name. The purchased ticket(s) will then be delivered electronically through the app, which must then be shown on entry to venue. The final result creates an app that's environmentally friendly and puts the fan first.

"Being on the road as often as I am, I wanted to create a more intimate way to reach my fans. By doing these 20 shows, I'm setting focus points on the globe where we can all gather and celebrate love and music together as a community. Some fans may have to travel further to come and see me, but I like to think of this as an opportunity for them to step outside of their comfort zones and see more of the world... have an adventure, go and see new, exciting places, you won't regret it. This app, VanityLive, is the only platform where concert tickets can be bought and I really hope my fans love the work that's been put into it. It was made with love and the fans in mind. I've been on the other side of ticket scouts in my teens and it really isn't what I believe in, nor is it what music or gigs are about."

Tickets on sale now through VanityLive

UPPER TIER
US $80 - US $150 / £75 - £120

LOWER TIER
US $120 - US $260 / £80 - £180

FLOOR
US $100 / £80

Prices may vary, refer to VanityLive for prices at your local show.

April 28, 2016 - BC Place (Vancouver)
May 1, 2016 - Yankee Stadium (New York City)
May 7, 2016 - Wembley Stadium (London)
May 14, 2016 - Bela Vista Park (Lisbon)
May 17, 2016 - Ullevaal Stadion (Oslo)
May 21, 2016 - Tele2 Arena (Stockholm)
May 25, 2016 Olympiastadion (Berlin)
May 28, 2016 - Stadio San Siro (Milan)
May 31, 2016 - Stade de France (Paris)
June 4, 2016 - Eden Arena (Prague)
June 9, 2016 - PGE Narodowy (Warsaw)
June 14, 2016 - Ernst Happel Stadium (Vienna)
June 20, 2016 - Letzigrund Stadion (Zurich)
July 4, 2016 - Mount Smart Stadium (Auckland)
July 10, 2016 - ANZ Stadium (Sydney)
July 17, 2016 - FNB Stadium (Johannesburg)
July 22, 2016 - Estádio do Morumbi (São Paulo)
July 25, 2016 - Nissan Stadium (Yokohama)
July 28, 2016 - du Arena (Abu Dhabi)
July 31, 2016 - Yarkon Park (Tel Aviv)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
erich hess on 11/01/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/01/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 11/01/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 12/01/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 12/01/2016(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#211 Posted : 28 November 2020 00:19:20(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Artist: Vanity
Title: "Encrypted Heart"
Album: Raver Princess Warrior (December 18, 2020)
Genre: Dance pop, house
Label: Kaleidoscope Records

Pop veteran Vanity continues her comeback with “Encrypted Heart”, the second official single to be lifted from her upcoming thirteenth studio album, Raver Princess Warrior, available December 13. The album's first official single “Shock to the System” charted at #2 on Chart Heat and saw Vanity give her first television appearance in over half a decade, when she performed the song on SNL with a polished, high-energy act mixing choreography & live vocals. The track showcased Vanity's soaring vocals over a stabbing electronic beat and saw the singer in perhaps her most vulnerable state yet, mixing the euphoria of its dancefloor-ready beat with the dark lyrical themes of sexual abuse, a theme that will continue to appear on the singer's upcoming record, which will no doubt continue to display a stark contrast of upbeat electronic pop with lyrics of sadness and tragedy.

“Encrypted Heart” acts almost as a sequel to the album's first single, and while the singer doesn't explain or verify herself exactly who these songs are about, or where or when these situations occurred to influence the creation of these songs, it's easy for the listener to paint a picture of the villain that she continues to address in her new music. Though while we saw a weaker Vanity in “Shock to the System” who laid out her fragility for listeners to hear, “Encrypted Heart” sees the star with greater oomph and dominance in the song's lyrics, claiming back her power, doing whatever it takes to get herself out of the situation she sees herself in, and enjoying the getaway as she breaks out and guards herself in her new-found freedom and protection, blocking the access to her heart as she sings, “Won't ever crack the code of this encrypted heart” in the track's chorus.

If there's one thing we can always count on Vanity to provide, its pop music with an explosive climax that hits you over the head right at the chorus, the kinds that get stuck in your head for weeks on end and instantly leave an impression after just one listen, and "Encrypted Heart" offers the singer's fans nothing short of exactly that. The song itself, a lively and confident throwback to '90s house, has a much more uplifting, lighter sound than the dark and glacial sounding "Shock to the System", offering 3 minutes of dancefloor-ready euphoria. If one thing's for sure, while Vanity can write some hard-hitting, tragically emotional lyrics to her brand of pop music, she always finds a way to still keep us dancing through it.

"Encrypted Heart"
(Lyrics by Vanity)

Sounds like:

Suddenly I'm not who I used to be
Broke myself apart, tore myself in two
Shredded all the strands of my DNA
Just to get away from you
I'm the maker of this masquerade
You can't stop it now, can't pull down this disguise
Can't rip off these steel chains around me
Won't ever know the passcode to get inside me

That privilege you had, it's all gone now
The woman that I am, ha, ain't what she was
Those memories you have of me, ain't who I am
She's got a different home, living in a different soul

(I'm everchanging)
I won't ever stay the same, no
Don't try to chase me
I won't even leave a trace
(I'm everglowing, always everchanging)
The most unfamiliar sound
An identity you can't pin down
A nameless piece of art
(I'm everchanging)
Won't ever crack the code of this encrypted heart

Try one, two, three times
I push away but you're addicted to the mystery
Wait ten and try one, two, three times
I'll lock you out to where you wanna be

It's ecstasy, this bridge between you and I
Flames engulf the growing space
There's no way for us to merge back as one
Don't need the other half to feel complete
Took my heart back, locked it in a guarded prison
Don't need a love that was never there
Don't need the sex without the care
Doing what I've gotta do to protect myself

That privilege you had, maybe it was all an illusion
Caught up in your fantasies, some sick delusions
I'm gonna strike the match - gladly watch you burn
Pull the curtains down, it's all on display now

(I'm everchanging)
Don't try to chase me
A nameless piece of art
(I'm everchanging)

You can tell me if you wanna, though I'm not gonna ask
How I'm the source of your fascination
It's keeping you up at night
You're in too deep to get back to the shallow
I see you sweating in the shadows
Thinking of my figure in the dark
Want your hands on this nameless piece of art

(I'm everchanging)
Don't try to chase me
A nameless piece of art
(I'm everchanging)

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 10 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
PANIC! on 28/11/2020(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 28/11/2020(UTC), erich hess on 28/11/2020(UTC), freestylechamp on 28/11/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 28/11/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 28/11/2020(UTC), Mckenzie- on 29/11/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 30/11/2020(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 30/11/2020(UTC), Atonic Records on 02/12/2020(UTC)
Offline FiveT  
#212 Posted : 28 November 2020 03:37:57(UTC)
FiveT

Man
Italy

Was thanked: 3231 time(s) in 1294 post(s)
David (The Jollies): Powerful. Iconic. Relatable. Meaningful. Ahead of our time QUEEN. Oh yes!

Den: Thank you for your new art, may your soul be blessed 🙏🏻 I feel so connected to this, nobody should have have power nor control over us...

OOC: Amazingg, the chorus and the hook after on the "Try one, two, three times..." Whole part has such a nice rhythm when you read it! Very well written RP also like always :)

MY ACTIVE ACTS
Titans (Laurence, Jo, Martina, Den, Tanya)
Kegan Dawson - Actor, presenter, radio speaker, model, showman
Cj Frankson - Youtuber, Actor, model, showman
Rashai Mari - Model, Dj
Igor Stanovski - Russian tycoon, businessman
Claire Becker - Writer, vocal coach, presenter, radio speaker
Augusto Lincoln - Enterpreneur, model, manager
Lukas Paradiso - Model, Actor

The Jollies
Zafari Mari 👩🏾‍🦲, Rose Hemsworth 👩🏻‍🦰, David Hernandez 👱🏻, Natasha Stanovski 👧🏻, Fabriano Galore 👨🏻

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Creating Sims content here on my YouTube channel! -----> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Tq0J8bDFMidZWlrFK0gtQ
thanks 1 user thanked FiveT for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 02/12/2020(UTC)
Online BrownSugar  
#213 Posted : 30 November 2020 06:37:56(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19291 time(s) in 7677 post(s)
Dustyn: What a bop! What a climax!! Oops, I don't mean that in a dirty way omg! hehe. I honestly can't wait for your new album. I've missed your amazing pop sensibilities with lyrics that also make me want to cry while I shake my butt. This song really strikes a chord while also being such a rush. Queen of making me cry on the dancefloor!!
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
Offline 2001clay  
#214 Posted : 30 November 2020 06:43:41(UTC)
2001clay

Man
United States

Was thanked: 3575 time(s) in 1281 post(s)
Slim Money: Dang Vanity i gotta say liking the song & don't tell nobody else that i like that song

OCC: Amazing job
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

My Character:
Jade Trembay,
Ava Tuffin,
Gabby Love,
Jamel Jones,
Tamar Gilbert (TikaBKilla),
Rose Harris,
Liam Russell,
Natalie Mays,
BabyCrush
FRESH MIGUEL CA$H
Face2Face,
Murda Bling,
Cosmic Blue,
Camille Preston,
Chanel C. Fox,
Aubrey Cassidy,
Sophia Delaney,
Midnight20,
Sally Parkwood,
Tika Mays,
Diego Lopez,
Samantha Stevens,
Crescendo,
Paige Wesley,
Mr DJ Hurricane,
Keshia Love,
Stardom Boys,
Milian,
Sau'ron,
Alexis Brooke,
JasmineCharm,
Christina Moreno,
iCandy,
Slim Money,
Fatima Amari,
David Dankworth,
Ciara Lovett
thanks 1 user thanked 2001clay for this useful post.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#215 Posted : 02 December 2020 00:05:06(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

Daniel: This song is so infectious I can't take. Your vocals!

OOC: I always thought it was funny that I was originally gonna try to use Lady Gaga for Stephanie Fierce but always felt like there wasn't enough pictures; so I used Beyonce instead and then Vanity came and it all turned out oh so perfect! I literally cannot picture anyone else using Lady Gaga the way you do! :) Love the soundalike used as well! I feel like it was actually used properly as it should! Your lyrics are always superb! Felt like I was reading a real pop song!
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
Offline GirlSpice  
#216 Posted : 06 December 2020 21:19:21(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: FiveT Go to Quoted Post
David (The Jollies): Powerful. Iconic. Relatable. Meaningful. Ahead of our time QUEEN. Oh yes!

Den: Thank you for your new art, may your soul be blessed 🙏🏻 I feel so connected to this, nobody should have have power nor control over us...

OOC: Amazingg, the chorus and the hook after on the "Try one, two, three times..." Whole part has such a nice rhythm when you read it! Very well written RP also like always :)

OOC: Thank you so much! Appreciate you taking the time to read it. :)

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Dustyn: What a bop! What a climax!! Oops, I don't mean that in a dirty way omg! hehe. I honestly can't wait for your new album. I've missed your amazing pop sensibilities with lyrics that also make me want to cry while I shake my butt. This song really strikes a chord while also being such a rush. Queen of making me cry on the dancefloor!!

Vanity: Dustyn, my darling, you can be as dirty with me as you wish. X

Originally Posted by: 2001clay Go to Quoted Post
Slim Money: Dang Vanity i gotta say liking the song & don't tell nobody else that i like that song

OCC: Amazing job

Vanity: I have no shame in my pleasures, darling. But if someone's got to be the guilty pleasure, I suppose I'll do it. X

OOC: Thank you! :)

Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Daniel: This song is so infectious I can't take. Your vocals!

OOC: I always thought it was funny that I was originally gonna try to use Lady Gaga for Stephanie Fierce but always felt like there wasn't enough pictures; so I used Beyonce instead and then Vanity came and it all turned out oh so perfect! I literally cannot picture anyone else using Lady Gaga the way you do! :) Love the soundalike used as well! I feel like it was actually used properly as it should! Your lyrics are always superb! Felt like I was reading a real pop song!

OOC: Yeah, I think I claimed her before she blew up... thankfully. Otherwise I'd still be using the same 5 photos lmao. Thank you, love! <3
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 2 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 07/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 07/12/2020(UTC)
Offline RadioVine  
#217 Posted : 08 December 2020 09:14:35(UTC)
RadioVine

Was thanked: 1064 time(s) in 342 post(s)
Radio: VANITY!!!! Doll! I keep rewinding that CLIMAX! Now bitch if I didn’t know what the a climax is- of course before Frank got in my life, I never had one but I’ve got another one from this song! Oooo it was a hotttt climax! It’s you, your vocals and your pen darlinnnnnn is one of the best! You always deliver sweet face.

OOC: Your writing is one of my favorites here. I think it’s dope how well you plan out her music and eras, very clever and smart. I love how you let her music speaks for itself. You have managed to turn this character into something so iconic on here similar to Gaga’s career in real life. Very good Stacey! Love you!
UserPostedImage

PRE SAVE NOW!

thanks 1 user thanked RadioVine for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 13/12/2020(UTC)
Offline Andre Gandra  
#218 Posted : 10 December 2020 00:40:31(UTC)
Andre Gandra

Man

Was thanked: 3513 time(s) in 1683 post(s)
Magie: The idea of making a song as a continuation was marvelous, so first we had "Shock to the system" which for me was about the awareness of being in an abusive relationship (which touches me deeply) but now there's "Encrypted Heart" which is about not holding back any harmful feelings but actually turning it to the needed strength to evolve, to go over and to impose limits, which I find it the most important thing a woman must do after being vulnerable. I'm so happy I got to see Vanity make a set of songs like these ones, now I'm even more excited for "Raver, Princess, Warrior"
Characters

Magie Lena
Abie Lena
Julia Volkova
mISTER_b
Groove In Downtown

I was gone for a while, but I'm back (not that you care about LOL)
thanks 1 user thanked Andre Gandra for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 13/12/2020(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#219 Posted : 22 December 2020 23:30:09(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ZL: First of all, let me just say this feels incredibly surreal to me right now, because I know how rare it is, especially these days, for you to do an interview, that’s never really been your jam, right? So this is exciting, to say the least.

V: You know… when you’ve been doing this for as long as I have, darling, you get exhausted of the same questions, the same answers, you’d think of any way out of that situation too. (laughs) But you know what? 2020 is a crazy year and here I am, it may not be face to face, but it’s great to be talking to another person. I think this year has really taught us the value of human connection.

ZL: It really has, and I’ll do my best to make this the least painful interview possible. (laughs) I think your comeback has really brightened this year for so many people, so many of your fans, and it was so unexpected and that’s what was so brilliant about it. Was it your intention to pop out of nowhere without any sort of building hype leading up to it?

V: Absolutely. I’m quite a traditional pop star in the sense that I live for the theatrics, the show, the shock factor, the entertainment, I think that’s a real dying art and modern pop is all about... stripping it back and being more real, but ugh, I just can’t stand it! I wanted the comeback to be powerful, sudden, but also to mean something, and I think the song me and my team chose to lead with really gave a great introduction into this world of Raver Princess Warrior.

ZL: What’s so fantastic about that song you mention, “Shock to the System”, it’s so unashamedly you in itself, the brashness of it, the hard-hitting electro-pop sound, but lyrically it’s a brand new chapter. I don’t think I’ve ever heard you in such a way before, and I think it remains one of the most vulnerable tracks on the record. Was that part of the reason you went for that as the lead single?

V: Absolutely. As I said, I wanted the comeback track to mean something, and every song on the record is personal and I have a connection to each one in some way, whether they’re more tragic or more carefree, they’re all made with love. I think “Shock to the System” was the perfect way to deepen my relationship with my fans and say to them, here I am, opening myself to you, more than I ever have after all these years, because I want you to know me and I trust you.

ZL: Did it then disappoint you that the song didn’t become a chart topper for you or is it just one of those things now where you’ve been doing this for so long, it’s no longer of importance?

V: I’m competitive, Zane, it’s in my blood to be competitive, I think a small part of me will always care about how my music is received. To think I had been working on this new music for so long, and people weren’t really feeling that song too much, the thought hurt. I think I would have felt a greater sting if I had been beaten by something with less class or artistry, but Ryan had the better song that week and it was beautiful, meaningful and fully deserving. I’m okay with the result.

ZL: It didn’t stop you from giving an amazing comeback performance on SNL, you really gave that performance your all. Were you nervous to be performing live on TV after so many years away?

V: Honestly, darling... it’s second nature to me at this point, it’s like tying my shoes, brushing my teeth, I didn’t feel rusty at all, I was determined and eager to get on that stage and give my fans the performance they were waiting for. I’m hard on myself, I always watch back and see where I could have been better, what moves could have been cleaner, how the staging could have been improved... but overall, it was a triumph and I’m just so grateful to still be here, performing. There was a time I thought I’d never do it again.

ZL: You address those times in your new album, there’s a line that really stuck out to me on the album’s title track, “Fought to get back on the stage / A battleground where I belong.” Do you think partially, the reason you didn’t want to get back on the stage, is the very reason why you’re here, the industry and everything that comes with it?

V: I think there were many factors, both personally and professionally, so yes, that did play a part in it. I had been putting album after album out without many major breaks year after year, worldwide tour after worldwide tour, I think I was just tired of feeling like a workhorse, always pushed and pushed and being told by my manager that I’d be replaced if I disappeared for too long, so it was always... what's the next record gonna be like? When does recording start? When can we squeeze in the next tour? I fired my team and disappeared. I said fuck this, I’m not doing this any more, you can’t tell me what to do now. Taking these years to heal has been the most liberating thing I’ve ever done.

ZL: That’s a really bold move, because the pop industry does move fast, but I think you knew deep down that you’ve left your mark by now, you can take that time away for yourself.

V: My goal was to always go down in history, I was always in this for the long run and like you said, I did think I was at a stage where I could finally take some time away for myself. I thought, you know what? If I can’t take a break by now, then I’m doing something wrong and I deserve to fade away, and if people give a damn when I come back, then I must have been doing something right.

ZL: So from the sounds of it, there was a lot riding on this comeback, not just financially speaking, but more as a personal ambition to prove something to yourself, right?

V: Yes, exactly. I think I’m going to see the real answer to that when the album’s success starts to become clearer, because right now, the industry has changed so much and singles aren’t always a great indication of who’s going to stream or buy a full album. I’m excited though, so far I’m confident that the quality of this record will lead to great things, I really am so proud of every track on there.

ZL: Let’s dive into this long-awaited comeback album then, thirteen albums in and here we are, a real crying on the dancefloor European dance/house/electronic explosion of emotion. What inspired the sounds of this album and what made you want to create such an uptempo dance record?

V: I just live and breathe electronic music, how versatile it can sound, how melodic it can be, how a computer can generate a sound that either evokes such sadness, or pure euphoria, it’s genius, really. My music has always been deeply rooted in this genre, and I wanted to dive into it, deeper than ever before, and just bring back a huge dose of nostalgia. This year, more than ever, we need music that’s going to make us feel, make us dance and make us appreciate the things we loved back when things were more normal, and I can only hope the sounds of this record act as a sort of time machine, to transport everyone to a time where they remember dancing to a record of mine at the club.

ZL: It’s such an interesting record, how joyous so many songs sound if you drown out the lyrics, but when you just read them on paper, it’s quite frankly depressing, it’s dark, it’s raw, it’s so real and vulnerable. You really took it there on this record and explored a lyrical style that’s a lot more upfront and blunt, and just real about your thoughts and feelings. Were you ever worried that a year like this just wasn’t ready for such an album?

V: I thought that, over and over, so many times, I had the biggest war with myself and I think I drove my label crazy because they really wanted to get this record out already, they were so excited about it, and I just kept trying to find reasons to delay it. In the end, I thought... no. I can’t go back on this, I’ve made the record now; clearly it was my calling to put these lyrics on record, it’s time to tell my story, because there’s always going to be a reason why I shouldn’t, but even more reasons why I should.

ZL: I think shorter albums can pack just as big a punch as longer ones, they get the message across and keep it short and sweet, and I think Raver Princess Warrior really does that. Was it your intention to do exactly this within just ten tracks?

V: It wasn’t a conscious decision to finish exactly on ten tracks, but sometimes... when you know, you know. I kept making tracks and then I had an urge to make another, then another, the album came about very organically like that, and when I had finally reached ten songs, that urge was no longer there, the album felt complete. I don’t believe art should ever be forced, I always just listen to myself, how I’m feeling, what I naturally lean towards and if I don’t feel it, I don’t do it.

ZL: You said your sound has always been rooted in electronic music, and critics have sometimes been on your case about that, saying your vocals deserve to be highlighted more, on music that will really let them shine with less distortion and distractions. Do you ever see yourself making an album that ventures into new sonic territories for you?

V: I love so many different types of music, and I’ve probably explored just about every sub-genre of electronic music at this point over the years. I definitely think whatever I do next, it’ll be very different to this album, just because I think reinvention is so important when you’ve been doing this as long as I have. I don’t know when more music will come after this one, I definitely want to just enjoy this release first rather than abandon it the moment it’s out.

ZL: That sounds like of the few things left that you want to do in your long career, are there any others that we haven’t mentioned? I think that’s a good note to end on, what’s next for an artist like Vanity, one of the longest running in the industry right now?

V: To be honest, I achieved every single thing I wanted in a few short years, more than I had ever imagined for, really. I think at this point in my career, it’s just more about returning my love and appreciation to my fans, showing them more of me, establishing a greater connection and I think on a personal level, finding out more about what exactly I can achieve as an artist outside of sales and charts, not just in the realm of electronic and pop music, but beyond that, that’s what I’m interested in finding out. I suppose it’s more about proving things to myself, rather than to the world.

Vanity's thirteenth studio album Raver Princess Warrior is out now.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
erich hess on 23/12/2020(UTC), BrownSugar on 23/12/2020(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 24/12/2020(UTC), 2001clay on 25/12/2020(UTC), Andre Gandra on 30/12/2020(UTC)