logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline mebeme101  
#1 Posted : 16 December 2016 10:34:54(UTC)
mebeme101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5703 time(s) in 2512 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Tracklist

Standard

1. This is Enough
2. Everyday
3. Front Seat
4. I'll Show You
5. Still Here
6. Bite
7. Love Down ft. Alli-B
8. Stuck
9. Bury Me
10. Like I Was

Deluxe

11. Coat
12. What Are We Doing ft. Layla

REAL/UNCUT/ME is the debut album from American singer/songwriter/producer/blogger/critic Brandon Grey under the label Permanent Reminder Records the lead single from the album was released almost two years ago on February 15th of 2015 the singe charted well entering the airplay charts at #5 and the digital charts at #4 after the singles success Brandon decided to release a follow up single "I'll Show You" was released on April 21st of 2015 debuting and peaking at #13 on the digital song charts and #3 on the airplay charts the songs artwork which featured Grey shirtless was criticized by fellow musician Erik Zullo the song however was positively received by Amy Jayne, Valentina Hart, Cosma Mendoza and others

Brandon has been writing and recording songs for years however it was only recently that he began writing for an album the album features a collection of new songs, songs from years ago and rejected songs Brandon wrote for other artists after almost two years with two singles and no album it had seemed like hope for an album by Brandon was dead however after signing with label Permanent Reminder which was announced only a few minutes ago he had begun streaming tracks from his long awaited album with no announcement or release date previously spoken of the album holds a total of 10 songs on the standard edition and 12 on the deluxe with the added tracks "Coat" and "What Are We Doing" featuring 20 year old SYNCO singer Layla Sanchez Brandon has teamed up with a limited number of producers and writers this album

REAL/UNCUT/ME has sounds from genres such as Pop, R&B, Indie-Pop and Acoustic Pop the main focus however being Pop with upbeat tracks "This is Enough", "Everyday", "Front Seat" and "I'll Show You" to more mellow tracks like "Still Here", "Bite" "Love Down", "Stuck" and "Burry Me" he also manages to find a middle ground on tracks like " Like I Was" and "What Are We Doing" with limited collaborations from artists like Alli-B (better known as twitter user @LaylasBooty) on the track "Love Down" and Layla Sanchez from girl group SYNCO on "What Are We Doing" the topics range from sex to love to heartbreak to falling out of love

Artist
Brandon Grey

Title
REAL/UNCUT/ME

Release date
December, 15th 2016

Genre(s)
Pop
R&B
Indie-Pop
Acoustic Pop

Label
Permanent Reminder Records

Writers
Brandon Grey
Alec Cole
Michael Black
Alex Grey
Layla Sanchez
Allison Burke (Alli-B)

Producers
Brandon Grey
Alec Cole
Michael Black

Edited by user 16 December 2016 12:04:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

Layla Sanchez|AJ|Brandon Grey|PRÓXIMO|Carmen V|SZ|DREAM

UserPostedImage
thanks 10 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 16/12/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 16/12/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/12/2016(UTC), freestylechamp on 16/12/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 16/12/2016(UTC), kandii on 16/12/2016(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 17/12/2016(UTC), C4AJoh on 17/12/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 17/12/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 19/12/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#2 Posted : 16 December 2016 10:38:22(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

1. This is Enough

UserPostedImage

Title: This is Enough
Label: Permanent Records
Genre: Pop
Lenght: 3:55
Writer(s): Brandon Grey, Michael Black
Producer(s): Brandon Grey, Michael Black

"This is Enough" is the first track off of Brandon Grey's debut album "REAL/UNCUT/ME" the song was written by Brandon and Michael Black the pair responsible for a majority of SYNCO and many other artists pop hits the two are also responsible for the production of the pop track the song speaks on the relationship of a young couple who feel invincible the song features a few suggestive lyrics but is mainly about having fun with someone you have strong feelings for

Brandon Grey opens the album with a high energy pop song showing off a happier funner side to him musically the song has many strong points from the production done by one of the best pairs in the industry to the high energy vocal performance done by Brandon who also manages to show off some of his range on the track in the bridge where he ends with a high falsetto and continues to show off his vocals throughout the chorus with adlibs done perfectly another strong point are the lyrics apart from the bridge the lyrics seem laid out perfectly for a pop song keeping it fun and matching the high energy vocals and production of the song definitely a single worthy track

Come and stay with me baby
We'll get lost in a daze
In a secret place
With no nets for safety
Cause you got a fire
You could get me so high
Let's see what we find, love

We'll stay up all night
We don't need no sleep
Baby you and me
Livin' up between the sheets
Actin' out our wildest dreams
We could drive all day
Til we're far away
Baby don't be scared
Just feel the electricity
Between you and me

We can fly
Like we're stars in the sky
Baby you and I
We ain't gotta have much
Cause this is enough
Cause this is enough
We won't die
Forever young, alive
Keep your body up on mine
We ain't gotta have much
Cause this is enough
Cause this is enough

Runaway with me baby
We'll create our own world
Where no one exists
Just me you and the music
If you want we can live it
We got what we want
Don't need much so listen

We'll stay up all night
We don't need no sleep
Baby you and me
Livin' up between the sheets
Actin' out our wildest dreams
We could drive all day
Til we're far away
Baby don't be scared
Between you and me

We can fly
Baby you and I
We ain't gotta have much
Cause this is enough
Cause this is enough
We won't die
Forever young, alive
We ain't gotta have much
Cause this is enough
Cause this is enough

It could be our sweetest sin
We can love the way we want it
When our bodies collide, hey, hey
Just us lost in space and time
Only you and I know it
And I wanna stay in this moment

We could drive all day
Til we're far away
Baby don't be scared
Between you and me

We can fly
Baby you and I
We ain't gotta have much
Cause this is enough
Cause this is enough
We won't die
Forever young, alive
We ain't gotta have much
Cause this is enough
Cause this is enough

_________________________________________________________________________________

2. Everyday

UserPostedImage

Title: Everyday
Label: Permanent Reminder Records
Lenght: 3:51
Writer(s): Brandon Grey, Alex Grey
Producer(s): Brandon Grey

"Everyday" is the second track off of Brandon Grey's debut album "REAL/UNCUT/ME" following the high energy "This is Enough" with writing credits from Brandon and younger adoptive sister Alex Grey and production credits done solely by Brandon the song speaks on the topic of being infatuated by an individual and wanting to "love" them everyday the song leans a bit more on the sexual side than the previous track

Brandon follows up the fun high energy "This is Enough" with "Everyday" which continues that fun high energy style we previously heard with the fun chorus sung in a falsetto kicking it off the song matches the previous song in almost every aspect with Brandon delivering another great vocal performance however the production and lyrics despite being fun and high energy and going well with the vocal performance seem to be missing something possibly help from Michael Black who made an appearance on the previous song behind the scenes the song comes off as fun, cute and in some ways sexy and is another that could possibly be released as a single but isn't as strong as the previous track

Once or twice isn't enough
I just wanna love you everyday, everyday
Baby you give me a rush

Shut all the windows
Turn out the lights
Baby it's my favorite time, favorite time
Love in the mornin'
Just you and me
Stay up all night no time for sleep

Cause when you take me there
I don't even care
About what else is going on
With that sexy stare
And our bodies bare
Can we stay this way forever?

Baby you give me a rush
I just, I just need some more of you
You showed me something only you got

Feels like a blessin'
When our bodies meet
You know you got a hold on me, hold on me
Sweat like it's summer, in mid july
You know you got me in a vice, in a vice

When you take me there
I don't even care
About what else is going on
With that sexy stare
And our bodies bare
Can we stay this way forever?

Baby you give me a rush

Don't go stay in bed
Cause what you got I'm needin'
So just lay with me in this
World we built all for ourselves

Baby you give me a rush
Baby you give me a rush

_________________________________________________________________________________

3. Front Seat

UserPostedImage

Title: Front Seat
Lenght: 3:19
Writer(s): Brandon Grey, Michael Black, Alex Grey
Producer(s): Brandon Grey, Michael Black

"Front Seat" is the 3rd track on Brandon Grey's debut album "REAL/UNCUT/ME" the song was writing credits done by Brandon, Alex Grey and Michael Brown and production from Michael and Brandon who once again pair up for a great song the song speaks about a fun relationship with the theme of driving throughout the song with clever and cute lyrics to match the theme

Brandon slows it down just a little bit for the third track straying away from that fun high energy style which is replaced by a cuter more laid back styled track lyrically the song has it's cute moments but compared to the previous two tracks it's a lot weaker production however is done perfectly with the team of Grey and Black once again coming together to deliver a cuter dreamier style here Brandon also once again delivers vocally showing less of his range on this song which is a fresh feeling as we got the more laid back vocals where Brandon really excels

Drivin' til we find out place
Lovin' every night and day
Searchin' til we find our way
Just you and me babe, just you and me babe

All I wanna feel is
What I feel
When you take the wheel
And you're in the front seat
Find a little road
With no stop signs
With no red lights
Baby it's all green
Take the wheel I'll drive with you
And we'll do what we want to
All I wanna feel is
What I feel
When you take the wheel

Going where we've never been
Finding new ways we both can sin
It's just you and me in our own paradise
One-way no u-turns baby just how we like

All I wanna feel is
What I feel
When you take the wheel
Find a little road
With no stop signs
With no red lights
Baby it's all green
All I wanna feel is
What I feel
When you take the wheel

It's just you and me in our own paradise
Driving from morning til the suns gone

All I wanna feel is
What I feel
When you take the wheel
Find a little road
With no stop signs
With no red lights
Baby it's all green
All I wanna feel is
What I feel
When you take the wheel
My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 7 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
Atonic Records on 16/12/2016(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 16/12/2016(UTC), BrownSugar on 16/12/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 16/12/2016(UTC), kandii on 16/12/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 17/12/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 19/12/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#3 Posted : 16 December 2016 11:40:10(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

4. I'll Show You

UserPostedImage

Title: I'll Show You
Artist: Brandon Grey
Writer(s) Brandon Grey
Producer: Brandon Grey
Length: 2:56
Released: April 21st 2015

"I'll Show You" is the second single from American singer, songwriter, blogger, critic, talk show host Brandon Grey the song was written and produced solely by Brandon Grey just like his debut single "Bury Me" released back in February which debuted at #5 on the airplay charts and #2 on the pop airplay charts and #4 on the hot digital song charts after the success of the single Brandon seemed to have gone quiet for the rest of the month however he then posted back in March on instagram about a new single coming next month (April) he also started to focus on his talk show Up Close And Personal which after one episode has been cancelled which is surprising since the first episode brought in nearly record breaking numbers Brandon has since been very quiet though

Brandon began writing "I'll Show You" more recently than "Bury Me" which was written back when he was 16 however this song was written only a few months ago back in February around the time he began recording "Bury Me" he thought it'd be a good idea to write a few other songs and Brandon began writing what he calls "a simple song about sex" with no deep meaning behind it, no personal experience just one of those songs where the lyrics and sound came to him easily he then recorded it around the same time he released "Bury Me" it's still unknown if we'll be getting an album or EP for Brandon as he seems to just be releasing these songs for fun at the moment with nothing serious planned yet

"I'll Show You" has a completely different sound from "Bury Me" the beat is slow but in the beginning it has this slightly darker, sexier sort of sound to it the beat plays for a few seconds before we hear Brandon come in singing the first verse in a laid back sexy style he adding "aye" in the back of the first few lines as he gets closer to the ending of the first verse he goes in a sort of falsetto when the verse finally comes to an end the beat picks up a bit more a guitar joins along with the drums we heard throughout the intro and verse Brandon also carries that falsetto from the ending of the verse over to the chorus however when he sings "I'll show you, I'll show you, I'll show you" he sings in a more laid back voice he then goes into the next part of the chorus where he repeats "Na na na na na na na" he then sings the "I'll show you, I'll show you, I'll show you" once more but this time in that falsetto style he sang most of the chorus in he then returns to those laid back sexy vocals we heard in the first verse before getting to the end once again which is sung the same way however at the end of the verse he lets out an "Ooohhh" which goes into a falsetto again he then sings the chorus once more the same way he did previously before going into the bridge where he sings "I know what you want and I'm willing to give it whenever I can" twice however the first time it sounds as if the beat is drowning him out a little this part is done in a sort of talking/singing way we then hear Brandon sing the last part of the first two verses once again in the bridge before letting out another "Oooohhhh" which sounds better this time we then hear him go back into the chorus which is sung the same with a few ad-libs added this time before the song comes to an end

Brandon's Comments

"So what's up I said I'd be releasing a single this month and here it is now this song is nowhere near as emotional as my debut single but you know that doesn't really matter personally I believe as an artist you should usually tell a story with your art and when it comes to stories some are fiction and some aren't some are just fun and you know that's what this is this isn't a very personal song the lyrics don't tell a past experience they tell a story and that's what I enjoy doing telling a story even though it's not much of a story haha and sure it's not the best song in the world I'll admit that I'll also admit that it's a bit generic but hey like I said some songs are meant to be fun something and that's what this is I don't want people to take this overly serious because I wasn't overly serious recording or writing it it's just a simple song about sex anyway thanks for listening really hope you enjoy the song"

You come at me saying you're a bad girl
Said you want it rough (aye)
You wanna take me to a place I never been
You know I wanna go (aye)
Tonight I want you that's it
You wanna let me have it
I'll take you all the way

It's gonna be dirty and rough
Baby that's what I need
I'll show you I'll show you I'll show you
Let me be your drug I can be your ecstasy
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na

Baby we're gonna get lost in time
Just you and me (aye)
I'm gonna show you a whole new high
You'll never wanna leave (aye)
You wanna let me have it
I'll take you all the way
Oooohhh

Baby that's what I need
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na

I know what you want and I'm willing to give it whenever I can
I know what you want and I'm willing to give it whenever I can

You wanna let me have it
I'll take you all he way
Oooohhh

Baby that's what I need
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na
Na na na na na na na

5. Still Be Here

UserPostedImage

Title: Still Be Here
Lenght: 4:22
Writer(s): Brandon Grey

"Still Be Here" is the fifth track on Brandon Grey's debut album "REAL/UNCUT/ME" the song like the previous was written and produced solely by Brandon Grey it was originally written for Layla Sanchez' twin brothers however the boys declined the song and Brandon decided to change some of the lyrics and keep it for himself rather than offering it to another artist the song speaks about an unstable relationship where the people in it are constantly criticizing and arguing with each other however the couple remain together because this is how they like it

Following Brandon's second single is "Still Be Here" which is more laid back than the previous four songs with just a guitar playing throughout the song up until the instrumental break Brandon matches the laid back style of the production with equally laid back almost monotone vocals lyrically the song is different from the previous tracks as well with a different concept and despite the lyrics being good they're some of the weaker lyrics on the album along with this song being one of the weaker tracks on the album the song does however have some sort of commercial sound to it and could possibly make a decent single

So many times that you've cursed my name
And every time you do, I retaliate
They're only words we know they don't mean a thing
If we ain't fighting there's no point in loving
And the reason why I wrote this song
Is so you can know what I'm thinking
Cause when we fight I don't care
And I hope that you don't care
You know I'd never do you wrong
And the reason why I'm singing
Is just so I could say that
I just hope you know that

Sometimes I don't like you
But I still need you around
And right now we're fighting
But we'll be cool in the morn
We're pointing fingers like "you're wrong"
But the next minute we'll make up
Cause we both know
That this is just the way it goes

Cause if we meant the things we say so much
Then neither of us would still be here
And if we didn't fight or yell so loud

You're always telling me about how I'm a mess
And I'm complaining about how you like to dress
I don't mean it and I know, that you know
That when I say those things they ain't important
And the reason why I wrote this song
Is so you can know what I'm thinking
Cause when we fight I don't care
And I hope that you don't care
You know I'd never do you wrong
And the reason why I'm singing
Is just so I could say that
I just hope you know that

Sometimes I don't like you
But I still need you around
And right now we're fighting
But we'll be cool in the morn
We're pointing fingers like "you're wrong"
But the next minute we'll make up
Cause we both know
That this is just the way it goes

*Instrumental*

I know you're not afraid to hurt my ego
And I'm not afraid to tell you about how you're always wrong
You can pick on me and I'll pick back on you
But in the end we know we both love it though

6. Bite

UserPostedImage

Title: Bite
Genre: Indie-pop
Lenght: 4:09
Writer(s): Brandon Grey, Alec Cole
Producer(s): Brandon Grey, Alec Cole

"Bite" is the sixth track on Brandon Grey's album "REAL/UNCUT/ME" the track was written and produced by Brandon and Alec Cole after the two had an agreement to produce/write on each others albums "Bite" Brings a darker feel to the album has the message is about falling for someone who is dark and wicked and you know is no good for you however you can't help but be drawn in by their lust getting to the point where it feels like you worship this person

Continuing that laid back guitar lead feel we have the sixth track on the album "Bite" which despite those two similarities is completely different from the previous track taking on a darker sound lyrically and sound wise the song brings in this sexy appeal to it which is brought to a whole new level by Brandon's raspy vocals which he really gets the chance to show off here as we get to hear a real passion in his voice which shines on the track however that doesn't take away from the standout production (which features a sick guitar solo) and lyrics but despite this track being one of the better ones on the album it definitely lacks in the commercial field which is led by pop music at the moment honestly though can you picture this song blowing up on the radio?

Oh darling
Why do you feel so right?
Your words of sin
Are what I obey
How do you do this to me?
I can't break out of your hold
Full of bad intentions
You got me torn, yeah, yeah

But you take me to a place I like
You're blurring lines from wrong and right
But I can't get by without you, oh

I am crossing every line
For just a moment of your time
You're vicious
But I'm ready for your bite
You're touch brings me to life, oh
I am crossing every line
You're vicious
Oh, take a bite, take a bite, take a bite, yeah

Oh you got me down on my knees
Like a new religion, you're a deity
And I'm coming back, every time you call

Cause you take me to a place I like
You're blurring lines from wrong and right
And I can't get by without you, oh

I am crossing every line
You're vicious
I am crossing every line
You're vicious
You're touch brings me to life
Oh, take a bite, take a bite, take a bite, yeah

*guitar solo*

I am crossing every line
You're vicious
You're touch brings me to life
Oh, take a bite, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Edited by user 16 December 2016 12:52:15(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 16/12/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 16/12/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 16/12/2016(UTC), kandii on 17/12/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 19/12/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#4 Posted : 16 December 2016 11:45:35(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

7. Love Down ft. Alli-B

UserPostedImage

Title: Love Down
Genre: R&B, Indie-pop
Lenght: 4:17
Writer(s): Brandon Grey, Alec Cole, Allison Burke (Alli-B)

"Love Down" is the seventh track and the only one on the standard version to feature another artist it was written and produced once again by the pair of Alec Cole and Brandon Grey with time with the added writing credit of Allison Burke also known as Allie-B or LaylasBooty on Twitter the song was originally written to be part of Alec's debut album "INTO..." however it didn't make the cut after it was offered to Johnny Carter who was interested in the song but thought something was missing it was finally offered to Brandon and he to thought something was missing so he took on the song and made some minor changes to the lyrics and added a guest rapper to it the song is mainly about sex and continues that more mellow vibe we heard on "Bite"

Following the laid back darker track that was "Bite" is the seventh track on the album "Love Down" the song continues down that sexy darker vibe this time though it's more R&B driven the song also features different sounds that would be heard off of a track from Alec Cole's "INTO..." the production of the song is strong but in a sort of laid back style the lyrics are probably some of the weaker ones heard the standout point however is the verse done by upcoming rapper and Twitter personality Alli-B who really brings the song to a new level vocally Brandon goes back to that almost monotone style we heard in "Still Be Here" which isn't the best but manages to work well on the track

Wrap your legs around my waist
Been bending backwards for a taste
Kiss your neck up to your face
And you'll stay wrapped in my embrace
Skipped over past all the chase
Cause we'd both rather see the end of the race

This is where we are now
Take my love down
This is where we are now
Take my love down
This is where we are now
Take my love down
Love down, Love down, Love down

We ignited went from nothing now there's smoke
From the fire of our desire it pulled us close
Until we burn away you know the flame won't slow
I 'm gonna close my eyes and melt into you

This is where we are now
Take my love down
This is where we are now
Take my love down
This is where we are now
Take my love down
Take my love down
Take my love down
Take my love down

(AlliB)
I'm down, your down
Your love down, we on the floor
From 2 to 3 then 4 to 5
The sun down? No not anymore
Your fire started my fire
Now we burning no going back
We turnin' up, no turnin' down
I'mma turn you out, like the lights and,
We on one, we too on
Stay on me til I get off
No givin' up, no givin' in
No stoppin' til we both feel it
Make me scream out your name
Give me a reason to stay
We lovin' and fuckin' for days, right?
'Cause that's what's up
I'll take your love down
And I'll take you up

Kisses like yours can't be wronger
But they each last longer darling
This is where we are now
Are now

This is where we are now
Take my love down, further
Take my love down, further
Just take my
Just take my, love down

8. Stuck

UserPostedImage

Title: Stuck
Genre: Indie-pop
Lenght: 4:06

"Stuck" is the seventh track from Brandon Grey's debut album "REAL/UNCUT/ME" the song was written by Brandon at the age of 18 however with no production matching it quite right it seemed the song would be lost until Alec came along with an instrumental he'd been working on for his recent album he showed it to Brandon and it clicked for him instantly after making some minor changed the song was ready for his album with production credits from himself and Alec Cole the songs topic is about losing interest in finding another relationship and being stuck on missing a certain person and being unable to move on

"Stuck is the first real ballad on Brandon Grey's album and it's fitting in place perfectly following another slow song this one however has better lyrics compared to the previous track and is actually some of the better lyrics on the album behind songs like "This is Enough" and "Like I Was" vocally Brandon really shines here especially in the bridge where we hear him sing more passionately than we can even remember while also getting a chance to show off his range the emotion put into this song is definitely relatable in a way and you can almost feel the pain in Brandon's voice as he sings the bridge which is probably the best part of the song

Maybe there's nothing that I can do
These calls I'm ignoring
Conversations get boring
It's just cause no one else can feel like you
And I'm still feeling lonely

And I wanna know do you, feel the way I do?
I don't want lies just tell me the truth

Cause I feel like a darker blue
I'm feeling like I can't move
I tried to move on the way you do
But I'm still, I'm still stuck, oh, oh, ohhhhh
I am still stuck

No lips that I've kissed taste like yours
I'm stuck in the mourning
And I cannot fight it
Cause nothing makes me feel like you use to
So what do I try next?

and I wish I knew. do you, feel the way I do?
I don't want lies just tell me the truth

But I'm still, I'm still stuck, oh, oh
I am still stuck

I hate the fact that it was easy for you
Now I'm hopeless wondering what you do, oohh
And I hate the fact you happily withdrew, baby oh no
And you're in his bed and he's holding you, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh

But I'm still stuck
But I'm still, but I'm still stuck,oh, oh

9. Bury Me

UserPostedImage

Title: Bury Me
Artist: Brandon Grey
Writer(s) Brandon Grey
Producer: Brandon Grey
Length: 3:58
Released: February 13th 2015

"Bury Me" is the debut single from singer, songwriter, producer Brandon Grey the song was written and produced by Brandon in his private studio in Miami Florida after years of writing and producing for others including SYNCO, The Zone and others Brandon that it was time to finally release something for himself Brandon wrote the song a at the age of 16 he is currently 20 after awhile he had completely forgotten about the song until recently when he found it he seen the potential in it and rewrote it he then proceeded to offer the song to The Zone but after the split he decided to keep it for himself he figured since he could connect with the song and has been through the experience that he sings about personally he might be able to connect to it more than another artist it took Brandon awhile to find the perfect sound for it and finally be happy with it but after awhile he got around to it he recorded this song late 2014 and thought it'd end up being another song that he records and does nothing with however he thought it'd be fun to give music another shot after failing on both X Factor USA and American Idol it had been too long since he's gotten out there and done anything for himself musically Brandon intended to release it last month but due to the but due to a busy schedule he decided to wait it out a bit

The song starts out with Brandon's vocals only for a split second before the beat kicks in the song is a slow tempo pop song and Brandon's emotional vocals go with the beat he sings keeping the slow pace going for awhile before the beat kicks in a bit more the intro to the song is also the chorus rather than a verse like artists usually do after finishing the chorus/intro Brandon goes into the verse where the beat continues sounding the same Brandon's voice isn't exactly groundbreaking however it is very easy on the ears as is the beat there's nothing too flashy no vocal acrobatics no booming bass just Brandon's vocals along with a slow to mid tempo beat however after the first official verse we go back into the chorus which is done almost the same along with the "me" echos that we heard in the first chorus we then hear Brandon go into the bridge of the song which is also only the second verse this is where things pick up the beat relaxes a bit and so does Brandon's vocals right before the beat kicks back in better than before and we hear Brandon's "Oh oh"'s which continue throughout the chorus which is song with more emotion than the last two time and at the end the beat slows down like earlier and there are no more "Me" echos the beat plays for a few seconds before fading out to an end Brandon proved on this song that he might not be the best singer in the whole world but he definitely can sing he also proved that he has really nice falsettos and is good with production

Bradon

So glad to finally get something out there my whole life I loved music and after failing both on X Factor and Idol I decided maybe it was best to stay behind the scenes writing and producing for awhile but I figured it was just the right time I took time away from singing and I'm glad I did it gave me time to get better and got me more comfortable with my voice and with what I can and can't do with it so I guess now I'll talk about this song a bit more I started writing this a few years ago and completely forgot about it I actuallu just recently found it really late last year and I'm not sure if it'll be a hit but it was definitely single material at least I think so I'm glad that nobody would take this song when I offered because I don't think anybody would really connect with it the way I do I mean this was my experience this was my ex girlfriend that I wrote about and I'm just glad I got to sing it so this song is basically about getting into a relationship that you know isn't going to end well but when you're with the person you're just so happy that you don't care because you love and care about them so much it's basically putting yourself on the line and being like "I know you'll hurt me but I just don't care I love you and I need you" and that's what I went through during the time I wrote this I would see her flirting with other guys and hear rumors and it hurt but when she was around I didn't feel anything but joy anyway that's my sappy little story I hope you enoy the song thanks for being patient with me love you guys :)

Nothing last forever but you are my treasure
Baby you're all I can see
I only want you but I know how this'll go
I'll just be your chess piece
Like it? No I love it but I know you'll break my heart
I know that you will leave
Nothing last forever girl you are my treasue, treasure
But I know you'll bury me, me, me
You'll bury me, me, me, you'll bury

I'll take your worst with a smile
The pain will last bur our love won't
But I need it, you know I need it
And I'll take everything you have
Take it all to make this last
Cause I need it, you know I need it
Babe I'll let you play me like an instrument
Even if this ends up being a sad song
This puzzle can't be complete but I don't care
I just want you here

But I know you'll bury me, me, me
You'll bury me, me, me, you'll bury me

Girl I need you now because I feel you're my home
And I know that there are cracks on all these walls
And I know this puzzle can't be complete but I don't care
I just want you here
Oh oh, oh oh, oh oh, oh oh

But I know you'll bury me
My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 16/12/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 16/12/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 16/12/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 17/12/2016(UTC), kandii on 17/12/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 19/12/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#5 Posted : 16 December 2016 11:49:43(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

10. Like I Was

UserPostedImage

Title: Like I Was
Lenght: 3:40

"Like I Was" is the final track off of the standard edition of Brandon Grey's debut album "REAL/UNCUT/ME" the song was written and produced by Grey who wrote it 3 years ago and only recently began production on it it was also the final song recorded for the album the topic of this song is about a break up and constantly wondering why the person left and what they're doing with their new boyfriend/girlfriend this song is one that Brandon has stated is "one of the hardest songs he's probably written before"

Bringing the album to an end is the heart wrenching breakup song that probably left most listeners depressed however it is probably the best song on the album as well as the production goes back to an uptempo sound with Brandon delivering another passionate and emotional vocal performance lyrically it's also one of the better songs on here as well speaking about how hard it is when you're imagination runs free with what your ex could be doing now with their new lover as Brandon questions everything that this person is doing in their new relationship

Does he hold you like I use to?
Is he all on top of you like I was, like I was

You in that blouse?
Turnin' him on?
Tyin' him down to the bed with that rope?
Handcuffs with the blindfold
Are you in love with him now?
Or are you playing out
Is he hearing the same sounds?
You on him like you was on me?

Tell me does he hold you like I use to
And do you scream his fuckin' name out?
Are you happy that you found him are you? Are you?

Is he a freak, like I was?
Keepin' you comin' all night long
Still got all the memories
How you'd slide that dress off
And that made up face
Tell me the truth was it all worth it?
Is he loving you, do you make him earn it?
You on him like you was on me?

And do you scream his fuckin' name out?
Are you happy that you found him are you? Are you?
Had so much lovin, but you quit
And now you got him, I'm alone
Is he all on top of you like I was, like I was, oh

I could go through a line of em all
But nobody would get me feelin' like you, I just wanna feel you
I could go through a line of em all
But nobody would get me feelin' like you, I just wanna feel you

Is he getting you on fire?
Makin' love every night, like we would? Would
Had so much lovin, but you quit
Now you got him, I'm alone
Like I was

11. Coat (BONUS TRACK DELUXE ONLY)

UserPostedImage

Title: Coat
Genre: R&B
Lenght: 2:43

You keep on grabbin' my coat
Beggin' me not to go
But you know that ain't how it goes
Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah yeah

I'm fucked up baby don't you know?
I ain't gon' be your hand to hold
Quit grabbin' up on my coat
Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah yeah

I ain't got nothin' against you, nah
It's just how I do what I do
You know I'm bad for you

I've never been the one to become two, aye
And I, I ain't about to stay in bed
Got other chicks that waitin' next
So you should listen to what I said
Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah yeah, ah yeah

I said I'll never be good for you
I gave the heads up what you want from me?
Quit grabbin' on me I ain't bout to stay in bed and let you get up in my head
Ah yeah, ah yeah

It's just how I do what I do
You know I'm bad for you

I've never been the one to become two, aye
And I, I ain't about to kick it here with you
It ain't got nothin' to do with you, I

12. What Are We Doing? ft. Layla(BONUS TRACK DELUXE ONLY)

UserPostedImage

Title: What Are We Doing?
Genre: Acoustic Pop
Lenght: 3:40
Writer(s): Brandon Grey, Layla Sanchez

Brandon
Layla
Both

Are they gone?
All the sparks we use to see
Whenever our lips would meet
Are they gone? Are they gone? T-t-t-they're gone
All those feelings that I'd get
Whenever he'd pull me in
They're gone, they're gone, they're gone

I don't know where to start
Can't find the words to say

Is everything gone or is there something here to save?'
The changes in our tone
When we say I love you
, I love you, do I love you?

Tell me are we both in trouble
Can we just stop being subtle
Tell me do we got each other?

What are we doing?
Speak loud don't whisper lover

What are we doing?

Don't go, don't go, don't go, don't go, don't go, don't go, don't go
Stay here with me, tell me if there's anything else that we can do?
There's something wrong here, I know that you feel it too

It's gone
The love that I seen in your eyes
All I see now is a disguise, oh no, oh no
Is it gone?
Are we over the good times?
Can we both leave it behind?
Feels so wrong what once felt right

I don't know where to start
Can't find the words to say

Is everything gone or is there something here to save?'
The changes in our tone
When we say I love you
, I love you, oh no, no, no

What are we doing?
Speak loud don't whisper lover

What are we doing?

Don't go, don't go, don't go, don't go, don't go, don't go, don't go, go, go, go

There's something wrong here, I know that you feel it too (I feel it too)
There's something wrong here, I know that you feel it too (I don't wanna say I feel it though)
Tell me do you still love me, tell me do you still love me (I just don't know)
Tell me do you still love me, tell me do you still love me (Don't ask what you don't wanna know)
There's something wrong here, I know that you feel it too (I feel it too)
I know that you can feel it too, I know that you can feel it too (But I don't wanna let this go)
Tell me that you don't feel it though, tell me that you don't feel it though (Can't lie to you anymore)
I know that you can feel it too, I know that you can feel it too (Can we let go?)
Tell me that you don't feel it though, tell me that you don't feel it though (Just let me go)
I can't hold on anymore, it's time that we both let go

What are we doing?
I think that we're both in trouble
No more hiding it my lover
I don't think we've got each other
What are we doing?

Just go, just go, just go, just go, just go, just go, just go
Just go, just go, just go, just go, just go, just go, just go

Just go

Edited by user 16 December 2016 12:39:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

My Acts

UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked mebeme101 for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 16/12/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 16/12/2016(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 16/12/2016(UTC), Welat65 on 17/12/2016(UTC), kandii on 17/12/2016(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 19/12/2016(UTC)
Offline BrownSugar  
#6 Posted : 19 December 2016 07:24:26(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19292 time(s) in 7678 post(s)
Deneil: Faaaaam, long time no speak, innit? Remember when we tried to start up a project together like 3 or 4 years ago with two other guys? The fuck were we thinking? Solo life is where it's at, right bruv? You even managed to get your album out before me, fam! Fucking killer album though. Like I Was is the shit, man. What's with the album title though? You trying to show off that you got foreskin, bruv? LOL

OOC: The speed that you put all of this together is absolutely extraordinary and it doesn't seem rushed at all. I remember putting Luke Striker's album together overnight and it nearly killed me (sorry Luke) and that record was much shorter than this one if I remember correctly. Everyday and Like I Was are my favourite tracks, as I've stated before. It's great to see you back in RP and I've always liked this character. Just don't have me waiting 5 years for #BG2 LOL
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

thanks 2 users thanked BrownSugar for this useful post.
mebeme101 on 19/12/2016(UTC), Atonic Records on 19/12/2016(UTC)
Offline mebeme101  
#7 Posted : 20 December 2016 09:02:41(UTC)
mebeme101

Man

Originally Posted by: BrownSugar Go to Quoted Post
Deneil: Faaaaam, long time no speak, innit? Remember when we tried to start up a project together like 3 or 4 years ago with two other guys? The fuck were we thinking? Solo life is where it's at, right bruv? You even managed to get your album out before me, fam! Fucking killer album though. Like I Was is the shit, man. What's with the album title though? You trying to show off that you got foreskin, bruv? LOL

OOC: The speed that you put all of this together is absolutely extraordinary and it doesn't seem rushed at all. I remember putting Luke Striker's album together overnight and it nearly killed me (sorry Luke) and that record was much shorter than this one if I remember correctly. Everyday and Like I Was are my favourite tracks, as I've stated before. It's great to see you back in RP and I've always liked this character. Just don't have me waiting 5 years for #BG2 LOL

Brandon: Yeah it has been awhile I'll take blame kinda shut myself off after working on this album but we both could've put in a call before that Whistle lol yeah I remember that and here my fans are thinking my solo career was a flop little do they know LOL and yeah I sure did so you need to get one going soon before I lose my shit and as the Twitter fans say unstan yo ass maybe I am maybe I'm not ;)

ooc: Lmao thank you I legit had no plans to release one I just wrote a song I thought could fit Brandon then thought about releasing it as a single then thought "Fuck this shit let me give him an album" so it was all done in the moment lol I believe those were the tracks you told me you liked lol and thanks it was fun writing this and coming back lol don't worry I won't make you wait five years this time because #BG2 will be out in 2026 :P
My Acts

UserPostedImage