logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline C4AJoh  
#1 Posted : 21 January 2019 04:05:46(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8683 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
Date: January 20, 2019

UserPostedImage

Savannah Haim was now roughly half-way through finishing her debut album but had recently made the decision to enlist some additional help on the creative process of the album. Wearing a leather jacket and small denim shorts, she meandered back and forth in the production booth, listening to instrumentals for a song she was currently working on. She had a cigarette in one hand and a notebook in another, she jotted down a couple of words and began the instrumental loop from the beginning once more. It's a slow finger picked acoustic intro with a quiet eerie piano melody in the background.

Around fourteen seconds into the intro, Savannah begins singing to herself as she paces back and forth, "You say I'm an angel, but angels don't fly this low." she sings in a slow and sultry fashion, "Darlin', I lost my innocence, quite some time ago.". She let's the music continue to play but fails to find the words to continue the song. Frustrated she stops the music and sits down at the leather mixing desk chair, staring silently at the words hoping something will come next. She takes a sip of her coffee and runs her hands through her hair, glancing down at the words jotted on the notebook, feeling that she's started the beginning of a special song but frustrated in the lack progress.

She hears a buzzer go off inside the mixing booth and glances over at the door, she see's a figure standing there and throws her notebook down on the mixing desk before standing up and making her way over to the door to let her visitor inside. She smiles enthusiastically, "Thank goodness. Your timing could not have been more perfect." she says with a smile as she welcomes him inside.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 31/07/2020(UTC)
Offline erich hess  
#2 Posted : 21 January 2019 07:06:19(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18003 time(s) in 10469 post(s)
erich was in his element. the southern usa. he had been kicking around new york for awhile,which was bad enough. new york city was even worse. so here in his native-ish stomping grounds,he embraced it fully. he had spent the better part of the previous evening tearing around the roads of tennesee in his flat black 59 cadillac. intoxicated enough to be fun,but not enough to draw the attention of law enforcement. which was good. he had open containers in the car and twin pistols in his pockets. not that he needed them,but...well,one must keep up appearances. to pay tribute to his idol,elvis, erich promised himself to shoot any tv that robert goulet appeared on.

he had been invited to tennesee to keep some folks company for some recording. so good folks and good music were to be had. he pulled into the studio's parking lot and promptly exited the car. in spite of his free spritedness,erich always parked between the lines. erich fluffed up his trademark hair and ventured inside. after being buzzed in,erich warmly greets savannah, "how you doing,miss haim? fantastic weather we've been having." he says excitedly,pumping her arm up and down like he's known her for years.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 21 January 2019 07:35:36(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Savannah giggles a little as Erich announces himself so enthusiastically, having been in the studio alone for around three to four hours she was happy to have some company and Erich was certainly going to be all the company needed, given his nature. She leans in for a half-hug and gives him a big smile, “I'm doing very well, even better for seeing you here.” she says, “It's true what they say, the studio can be a lonely place.” She moves to the side slightly to welcome Erich into the recording booth and gestures towards the mini-bar style fridge, “Care for a drink?. I just have Coffee at the moment, but there's alcohol in there. I'm sure the label can spring for some overly priced beverages.” she says with a quiet laugh, knowing that it's Brandon's label footing the bill.

She takes a seat on one of the leather chairs, looking across at Erich, “So you're here to help out with my album? I could use some help, for sure. But I wasn't sure if we'd be able to convince you to come down here.” she says quizzically, “I'm aware of your freewheelin' nature, Mr. Hess.”
Offline erich hess  
#4 Posted : 21 January 2019 07:55:07(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"oh arent you just the sweetest."erich grins to her after returning her hug. "karoliena may be by later. she wont ride with me..something about not wanting to be seen in my car or something." erich says waving his arm at the idea. while karoliena was in a rockabilly band,she wasnt about the lifestyle. no beat up rat rods for her. "yeah,i can imagine it would get lonely in here." erich says looking around and fondling the less important looking studio equipment. "we usually go old school and record the entire band as a whole. live dangerously and do everything in one take. " he laughs boisterously to savannah. it was true too. everything recorded by atomic war bride was done in one take. their theory being spontaneity and the fact that there are no second takes on stage. but.,...this also shows because the notoriously bad quality of atomic war bride releases.
"ill go with the coffee first. wake up the old body and then beat it back down with the liquor. you gotta show your body who is boss,miss. you dont want it thinking it can control you." erich taps his temple with a slow nod. he takes a mug and puts a slog of coffee in it. he drinks it black because he is far too lazy to put cream and sugar in it.

erich nods at savannah's assessment of the situation. "yeah. i mean swinging is so 70's,right? besides, i dont think my lady is into that at all." erich snickers at the idea. he looks around at the instruments laying around and takes mental inventory. there are some fine things here for sure. "frankly,i'm surprised anyone wants me to help. you and brandon looking to pull a producers like scam? im not going to say i condone it,but i do know all the words to springtime for hitler." erich says,performing a few half hearted dance steps.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline C4AJoh  
#5 Posted : 21 January 2019 08:26:23(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Savannah laughs a little, she's generally sweet and kind natured but has an edge when the situation calls for it, not to mention an unapologetic-ally flirtatious nature “I'm so damn sugary sweet. Just as bad for you too.” She nods when he mentions Karoliena's arrival, “That's wonderful news. I've been looking forward to meeting her.” she looks around the room, as good a recording studio as you'd want, it felt impersonal at the same time. She nods as Erich talks about recording everything live, “I need to get myself a permanent band, I think. Unfortunately they sort of come and go. Lay down their parts and then take off. It's all a little impersonal to me. But they tell me that's how it's generally done these days.”

She smirks at Erich's comment, “I think you may have figured out the plan. We've already got the hype. We've got it all figured out, we're thinking we're gonna head to Cuba when it's all said and done.” she pauses for dramatic effect, “So do you think you can produce an abysmal record for me. Sir?” she smiles, “We'll of course give you a cut of the label advance.”
She grabs her pack of cigarettes and takes one out, placing it between her lips as she lights it. She offers the pack to Erich as she takes a drag, she shakes her head, “I keep telling myself I'll quit but I never do.” she glances over at the mixing board, “Do you wanna hear what I've got so far?” she says with an enthusiastic smile.
Offline erich hess  
#6 Posted : 21 January 2019 08:55:16(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

erich smirks at savannah. oh she was indeed his kind of person. while he couldnt see them popping mescaline and attempting to uproot trees with a ride on lawnmower anytime soon. he did enjoy people of a flirtatious nature. it made them far easier to work with. "nothing fun is ever good for you. why,id snort lard if i could." erich nods. he takes a sip of his bitter coffee and tries his best to mask the fact that its far too bitter for his liking.this just ends up with him making a scrunched up face. "hired guns are fun and all,but there is nothing like the consistency of a band. you get that near psychic connection with your bandmates.after awhile,its like you dont even have to write the songs,they just come out on their own." erich says dreamily. in a very real way,erich is incompetent. but he does have passion for creation and sees it almost the way religious people see deities. this is his spirituality. "it very well probably is done that way now. im a salty bastard and have been doing this for far too long."

erich does look impressed with the mention of cuba. he always wanted to go,but never has. living in miami he knows cuba has beautiful women and 1950's american cars in abundance. both are things he was rather enthusiastic about. erich pauses when asked to produce. in fact,he finally sits and steeples his fingers. it was a hard choice to make. he was all for screwing up his own creations,but having someone else rely on him was something else entirely. "my dear,keep you or your label's money. its simply not needed.i'll do it for the kicks,man. and i want to pet some cows,i do love a cow." he says to her nodding his head and coming to terms with this idea. erich was a man not driven by monetary gain. in fact, he only saw fit to be paid for performing. mp3's of his stuff was always free,only the vinyl versions were actually sold. there were no atomic war bride t shirts or anything. he wanted his fans to create their own. it just wouldnt be right to want money to hang out with new friends.

as a rule,erich never smoked tobacco. it really took away from his stash of bad ass points when he coughed. he found it to be fairly harsh. but this was studio work. this was breaking bread. he takes the pack and removes a cigarette,lighting it with his zippo. "quit? you'll eventually quit permanently one day. why start now? fire away with the old preview of what you have." erich leaned over the board to be closer to the monitors. he had been very intrigued by savannah and wanted to hear what she had up her sleeves.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#7 Posted : 21 January 2019 18:54:02(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Savannah nods in agreement as she listens to Erich talk about his own musical philosophies and how the kinship of a band always works better, “When this record goes multi platinum I'll be able to start throwing my weight around. I'll make sure to insist on getting a full-time band to cater to my every whim. I'll make some outrageous demands.” she says perhaps only half-jokingly. She quite enjoyed the company of Erich, it's true that they were very different people but she was drawn to his brazen nature, it was endearing to her especially at a time in her life when everybody she worked with were clearly just happy to go along with what she was doing.

Savannah looks at him as he tells her he's willing to do this without pay, “We should at least run up a huge studio bill, right? Maybe we should trash the place when we finish the album.” she pauses, “In celebration of course.”
She brings her feet up onto the leather chair, crossing her legs underneath her as she begins playing her music, “I've got around six or seven tracks finished and a bunch of other tracks that I could use a little help with.” she says over the opening intro to her first song. The general tone of her music is an Americana and Country vibe, a mix of songs about nostalgia and growing up and a few more sultry songs about love and her carefree youth.

As they finish listening to what she has so far, she goes back to one of the instrumental tracks that she's been struggling with, it's a piano-led track, a little slow and sombre with an echo effect and soft guitar strumming in the background. “I'm struggling to find the opening lyrics to this one.” she says running her hand through her hair as she picks up her notebook, “I picture it being about two lovers driving through the mid-west. The heart of the relationship has gone and all they have together is getting high and fucking. But neither of them can walk away from each other even though they both want to.” she pauses for a second and takes a drag of her cigarette and a sip of her coffee, “I want it to be beautiful and fucking devastating at the same time. Y'know?” she suggest and looks at Erich in the hope that he can find the key to drive the song forward.
Offline erich hess  
#8 Posted : 21 January 2019 23:35:13(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erich exclaims,"yes yes!" At the prospect of savannah making outrageous demands. He was the sort that found monetary compensation distasteful, but thought nothing of wanting a full time person hired to speak on the phone for him. "Become successful and run this motherfucker like it was banana republic. The despotic dictator sort,not the droll clothing store. Bring country back to the rough and tumble masses. " He goes on,warming indeed to miss haim.

Erich stops what he is doing and looks at Savannah while sitting bolt upright. " oh my god,take me now! Look at you,you little hellcat. But its your ass. I don't want Brandon coming after me." Erich explains,holding up his hands. This was indeed indeed turning out interesting. Who knew he would find a hundred kindred spirit here? When the music plays,Erich's demeanor changes. The focus is entirely on what's coming out of the speakers. He bobs along and clearly enjoys what he is hearing. "Six songs? That's an entire year of output for me. Gotta sit on them like a mother hen." He chuckles before giving his assessment. " i love it,miss haim. You really seem to get it America isn't the bullshit that's going on right now. Its wild but barely reigned in. Yet seductive at all times." He is so excited,he doesn't notice that he's been puffing away at the cigarette. He finally does notice when he starts starts coughing and trying to guzzle coffee coffee to stop the cough. "Now i sound like Tom waits.",he croaks out.

Erich fiddles with a slider while the piano track plays. He knows it doesn't do anything,but thinks it looks like he knows what he is doing. He brings one foot up onto his thigh and leans back in thought. The song idea sounds great and like a situation he would find himself in. "I love it. What about something to do with Roman candles? Something that is beautiful and intense as it burns,firing light in every direction. Then....then...when all the firework stuff is used up? It's just an empty cardboard tube,man. You throw it away or just leave it on the ground." He says to Savannah with his eyes closed. He adored her want of something beautiful and tragic. It summed up most everything Erich wanted out of life. He purposely mostly drove cars that would be beautiful..if they weren't so rusted out,or had faded paint.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 22 January 2019 00:36:02(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Savannah chuckles at Erich's enthusiasm for the potential anarchy they could cause in the studio when they've finished the album, “We all know country often does rough and tumble better than most rockstars ever did.” she thinks about the idea of destroying everything valuable and becoming a nightmare for her label to try to control, “We'll bring outlaw country back to the masses!” she says with enthusiasm. She was enjoying the company and energy that Erich had immediately brought to her studio day. Clear in her mind that the two were going to get along just fine.

She looks Erich dead in the eye and narrows her eyes, exuding a 'you-can-trust-me' look, “Don't worry about Brandon, I'll talk my way out of it. Pretty girls like me can always talk our way out of things.” she says with a tinge of flirtatiousness and a smirk. This was always Savannah's way of having fun, of course she meant no harm in her manner and had the feeling that Erich was on the same page as her.
She watches him as he listens to what she has, it was a tricky thing for Savannah as she knew what she wanted to create in her mind, but explaining it was a very different challenge entirely, “It's the thrill of it all that draws me in. The beauty of the places and people and the feeling that anything can happen if you just open yourself up to the possibility. Not the shit that you see on TV.”

She listens to Erich's ideas for the song and gives a warm smile when he immediately picks up on what she's looking for in the song, this is exactly what she wanted. Somebody to throw out an idea that she could run with. She hums the tune of the chorus to herself and sings, “Our love has always burned bright/Just like a roman candle/As soon as we ignite/They say it's too intense to handle.” she quickly scribbles the words down on her notebook and repeats it over and again. She looks across at Erich, “What do you think?” she pauses for a moment, wondering if it comes across as a little simplistic.
Offline erich hess  
#10 Posted : 22 January 2019 01:20:45(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"Fine. Take me twice,Savannah." Erich sighs sighs over dramatically,before spinning spinning around in his chair. This was just the sort of talk he wanted to hear. All the better if she could be successful while while doing it. " hell yea. There was a time this country took pride in it's hell raising country stars. Look at the sorry state state of it. Pretty people singing about trucks and barbeque. A god damned parody is what it is. " Erich states,looking out the door where Nashville lurks. Like Nero,he'd fiddle while it burns.

Erich raises an eyebrow at Savannah,a wide grin spreading on his face. "You,my dear,are trouble. Trouble with a capital T." He says like an old man,complete with wagging his finger at Savannah. He adored people who were 100% comfortable with just who and what they were. "You are like the personification of every girlfriend And mother's worst nightmare. I love it." Erich says gleefully rubbing his hands together. He probably should have added label in there as well. He was pretty sure she was going to make good on destruction of property.

Erich nods along with her as she hums. In his career he really never saw much of any one else's creative process. So This was indeed somwthing to see. The look on concentration on a face,the sound of a scribble. "Nice nice nice. But i think you can eke out a little more. Do you want to be a B lister like me? I think we need physical inspiration. Hold some roman candles and shoot them at my car. Or if you think you can swing it...brandon's car." Erich chuckles at the thought though of her getting out of possibly catching a car on fire.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#11 Posted : 22 January 2019 02:26:05(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Savannah laughs as Erich talks about her troublesome nature, she decides to play innocent “Oh come on, I'm a total sweetheart.” she smirks, “It's not my fault trouble seems to find me.” she grabs her coffee cup with both hands and takes a sip. It was a much needed change of pace for her in the studio, having been left to her own devices for the past few sessions, she embraces the company and the feedback that she was getting from Erich, it helped her to focus a little more.

She listens to his input about the chorus, she was never really a big believer in the theory that a song lives and dies based on the strength of it's chorus and had always seemed to unintentionally gloss over it, putting more emphasis on the verses and it's storytelling powers. “I think you could be right, I just don't know about putting too much focus on the chorus.” she laughs a little at the thought of setting roman candles off in the car park. “I think we've found our symbolic gesture for finishing this song.” she says with a smile.
She plays the song again, “Maybe if I can flesh out the song a little more”, she struggles to come up with the opening verse but starts singing half-way through the song. “You've got your hands on the wheel/And your pretty baby by your side/Escaping from our reality/Just for tonight/Just like old times.” she pauses and sings the chorus ”Our love has always burned bright/Just like a roman candle/As soon as we ignite/They say it's too intense to handle.”

She thinks for a moment as the song continues to play in the background before singing again, “ You've got your hands on the wheel/I'm giving head while you drive/Let's find a quiet spot underneath the stars/And you can touch me like I'm yours/And I'll fuck you like your mine.” she smiles a little before she sings the chorus again, “I think we could be onto something with that.” she quickly scribbles down the words before they go out of her mind, “Do you think that could work?”
Offline erich hess  
#12 Posted : 22 January 2019 04:01:00(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"And an alligator seems to smile before it bites you." Erich chuckles to Savannah. She was a hoot and just the sort of potential friend erich wanted. He had always envisioned that the world needed a new rat pack. Updated,of course.but but there in spirit...and no Peter lawford.

Erich runs a hand through his heavily pomaded hair. He totallh got where she was coming from."yes yes. You may not even need a chorus. Or just Something simple like some ooh and aahs. Total different subject matter,but listen to this." Erich says,pulling pulling up a song on YouTube. It's got a very basic chorus,but it's atory is what draws the listener in...as morbid a tale as it is.* " the chorus just sort of let's you take a break between scenes. Choruses are for squares" he exclaims. For some,erich is hard to work with due to his tendency to chuck entire sections of songs. And his general unmusicalness.

Erich was lecherous by nature,so of course he dug where Savannah took this song. "Exactly! Yes. That's what people do. Cover those issues with fleeting pleasure. " he spouts like a speed freak,pointing enthusiastically at Savannah. " then the chorus chorus just pops up to say hi,there was once feeling here. " in his excitement,erich produces a flask from his jacket and starts drinking from it. They were getting past coffee now. Real drink would help them soldier on. "If you want.i promise I don't have too many germs." He says,offering the near rubbing rubbing alcohol smelling container. It was only proper he picked up some moonshine on the way here.

*im using a phone so I can't post videos.but the song in question is munly and the Lee Lewis harlots- goose walking over my grave.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#13 Posted : 22 January 2019 04:34:57(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Savannah was happy when Erich seemed to be in agreement about the chorus, they could be useful on occasion but generally she didn't think they added much to the song, other than a catchy selling point. She wasn't about catchy selling points and more interested in painting a clear picture for the listener. She watches the video that Erich shows her, she nods in agreement, “I definitely don't think the song needs much of a chorus. It's definitely the story that gives any song it's weight.”

She smiles at Erich's enthusiasm for where the song ended up going, “I think that verse can work. It's relatable, right?” she does a quick re-write and adds a couple of things to the song before throwing the notebook on the mixing desk, “I think we could be done with that one. I'll try recording it tomorrow and see how it goes.” she says with some enthusiasm, pleased that they've at least managed to run with a nugget of an idea and create a song out of it, despite it not quite hitting all of the initial ideas, it was enough to work with at the very least.

Savannah sits up in her chair a little more as Erich takes out his flask, she wasn't one to decline an alcohol invitation, she takes a mouthful of from the flask and hands it back to him. She lets the taste come through before nodding in acceptance, “That's quite something.” she says with a smile, she could instantly feel the warmth going to her cheeks, she grabs an empty glass and hands it over to Erich for him to pour her a drink, “D'you mind if I?” she says with a warm smile as she puts her feet up on the mixing desk.
Offline erich hess  
#14 Posted : 22 January 2019 05:07:07(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Erich went over in his head some of his favourite country songs. And while some did have catchy choruses,it was mainly the story that made them good. He truly wanted to meet Jolene. That woman had to be something else if Dolly was worried. " I will have to stop hanging around you. You're making me want to make music. I have a reputation to uphold,you know." Erich says in mock disgust. With inspiration gleaned here,2019 might see more than just the annual Halloween ep from the war bride.

"Frighteningly relatable,Savannah. Sounds Sounds like someone i once knew very well." Erich says smoking the cigarette down to the filter. It was rare erich ever spoke about his actual personal life. But he felt it clicked here. With things wrapping up,Erich felt he needed to toss an item to show he was done too. He unceremoniously drops his coffee cup in the trash. " i got to hear you when you're finished with it." He stated,watching the coffee pool in the trashcan. He didn't actually want to see her record the song. He himself actually hated seeing people watching him sing. His famed chemical intake actually stemmed from stage fright. To him the studio was even worse.

"Something,huh? You sound like a mom hanging a terrible drawing on the fridge,unsure if it's supposed to be a helicopter or a dog." Erich laughs warmly,knocking back another another swallow. " here you go,your highness." Erich jokes as he pours a rather large amount in her glass. He was a quantity as opposed to quality fellow. "Im sure these boards arent delicate equipment at all." Erich grins when her feet go up.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#15 Posted : 27 January 2019 00:54:13(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

She listens to Erich shoots him a devilish look and smiles a little, “Oh but didn't you know that I inspire the best out of people?” she asks him, continuing before he can respond, “I think you should definitely make some music. Make this your year. Be prolific beyond belief.” she laughs, “If you don't you can always just come play guitar for me.” she says, hoping she could possibly tempt him out on tour with her this year, or failing that at least make a few sporadic appearances onstage when time allows it. She knew her music wasn't exactly on the same page as Erich's but she figured she'd give it a shot.

“It could very well be out of the Erich Hess diary pages, huh?” she suggests, “Living fast and loose, best way to do it. Wouldn't you say?” she was feeling a little more free now that she had managed to justify the studio time with another song written and ready to go. She watched Erich drop his coffee into the trash and laughed as it made a thud. “I will be sure to send you the song as soon as it's recorded.” she says with a warm smile, “And you're more than welcome to drop by anytime you'd like.”

She smiles as he fills up the glass with the drink, taking another mouthful before placing it on a table nearby. She looks at him as he remarks about her possibly damaging the expensive equipment, “Fuck em'.” she says with a carefree grin.
Offline erich hess  
#16 Posted : 27 January 2019 10:10:40(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"hey,im supposed to be the neal cassady of this pairing! im not supposed to be getting any artistic output out of this." erich grins in protest. it was a long running industry joke that the hess clan was the lowest producing group of people out there,but somehow managed to be successful. he does however ponder the possibility of touring with savannah. that could be fun and karoliena was slated to be touring with another band soon.."fuck it. i'll do it. its not like i'm doing anything else. but i warn you. my per diem rate for guitar work is a six pack of beer. brand is your choice. but i will not accept corona or budweiser." erich states with finality. growing up in the south as he did,most jobs among friends were payed in six packs. it was charming and a practice erich wanted to revive. even if he really wasnt that much of a beer drinker. "it'll give me an excuse to break the old telecaster out." he informs her happily. he was a gretsch man through and through. pyschobilly was kinda a visual medium and one needed that big hollowbody guitar to look the part. country was a telecaster arena and he also wanted to look the part.

"yeah.i've certainly had my share of debauchery being the only glue holding something together. in the end? not worth it. not worth it at all." he grins to savannah. he wouldn't recommend the practice her song dealt with at all. perhaps it worked for her,maybe it didnt. the coffee being spilled had started to fill the room with the aroma of rapidly cooling coffee. he gives a little nod at the prospect of being sent the song when completed. "yeah. that'll be just dandy but i do like it around here. im not saying i'm a terribly lonely man,miss haim. but...most people i know have "real lives" with kids and whatnot and the current main squeeze is rather busy all the time." he says with a hint of remorse. in a very real way,most of the people he knows on a personal level have moved on with their lives and cant live the lifestyle he is accustomed to.

her disregard for costly items endears savannah to erich. there is just some feeling about destroying items that really turns one's crank.after a few moments of debating with himself,erich nods to his car meaningfully and back to the mixing board. "you wanna shoot it?" he asks,his voice dripping in temptation. "its the perefect crime. nobody will ever expect a board to be shot in the line of duty."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#17 Posted : 28 January 2019 04:08:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Savannah smiles at the reference, before quizzically asking, “So you're sayin' I'm Kerouac?” she ponders her own question briefly before continuing, “I'd take that but suggest that I'd see myself more like LuAnne. She inspired the whole damn thing after all.” she takes another mouthful of alcohol before setting the glass down once more. She looked intently at Erich as he thought about the offer of joining her on tour, she was heeding his own advice of getting herself a more permanent guitarist or at least in Erich's case, semi-permanent. She smiles and offers out her hand, “It's a deal!” she says enthusiastically, “I think I could get the label to swing for a few six packs. I'm sure we can stretch their budget a little more though.” She said with a smile, she admired his lack of interest in financial gain, he stated earlier that he wasn't interested in getting paid for helping Savannah out in the studio and now again for joining her on the road. He seemed more content in forming friendships and creating stories than being motivated by money and status.

She listens to him offer his wisdom to her, she of course wasn't on the same level of excess as Erich or probably most of the industry but had certainly lived a full enough life for her minimal twenty-four years so far. She was an impulsive and passionate person at heart and tended to follow her own arrow, her flirtatious nature often went beyond just words and a look in the past and she had previously been in some passionate but ultimately self-sabotaging relationships that in the long run were never going to go the distance.
She looks at him, “I think there's still plenty of studio time planned, so you're more than welcome to hang out as long as you'd like to. It's nice to have the company. I never thought it would be such a soulless and lonely experience recording.” she continues, “We can head into town sometime too if you'd like, I'm sure Brandon would be happy to go for some drinks and put the world to rights.” Although she had recently moved in with Brandon and the pair are essentially trying to balance work and a family life with two children and countless farm animals, she always made sure that they found the time to live their life away from the family aspect of things.

She thinks about the proposition, “I'm not completely opposed to the idea.” she laughs a little, “I think it may be better to wait until we finish using the studio first.” she says, considering the prospect of shooting at the mixing board.
Offline erich hess  
#18 Posted : 28 January 2019 08:53:57(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

a wide smile spreads on erich's face. in his mind there were two types of people: those who knew and loved [i]on the road[i], and people he probably wouldnt like. in his mind it was required reading for their chosen profession. though sal and the gang probably wouldnt like the sort of music he played. " true. but i dont recall reading any of her work. so you get to be kerouac. at least we both get to look forward to perishing due to alcohol related things." erich shrugs and takes a long drink. he was never above tempting fate. besides,he already knew the date of his own death. it wasnt until 2077. the hundred year anniversary of elvis' death. erich shakes her hand as enthusiastically as he had done before. the only thing he ever retained that his father told him was to never trust a man with a weak handshake. he was no weasel. "well.if we could get them to spring for brand name soda for the catering table,i wont complain." erich says as if he just finished up an hours long negotiation for obscene levels of money. he was already ready to take this show on the road. adventure awaited and he was interested to see how touring was when he was just a guitar player and not a frontman.

erich makes a face at her take on studio process. he agreed. it was rather dry compared to performing in front of people. there was an energy that just wasnt there in the studio. "yeah. its like meeting that person you really fancy. you find they fancy you too...but all you get to do is gawk at each other. soulless as god damned michael j fox. let me tell you,that man has no elvis in him." erich states with certainty,while there was as obvious and rather bad taste joke to make. it didnt change the fact that mr fox wasnt exactly james brown. "i'd be happy to be here for the duration. i dont want the doldrums of studio work to put a damper on the possible fastest rising star." he looked around the studio at what might be his view for the foreseeable future. if this was going to work,they'd need a bunker of some sort. possibly made with equipment cases or sofa cushions. this was standard operating procedure. a large coardboard box however would not do. they werent children. "ah yes. i probably had better get in good with brandon. we all know who he will blame for the destruction that is ahead. lets face it,im not near as convincing as you would be to him." erich says with a smirk. he wasnt sure,but he assumed miss haim had brandon wrapped around her little finger. "we'll need a ride." erich states while taking another drink. while he was no stranger to driving under all sorts of influences,he never did it with another person in the car.

erich glares at the mixing board and slowly nods. "your day will come,my friend. your day will come."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#19 Posted : 28 January 2019 19:12:34(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

She smiles a little as she listens to Erich, “LuAnne was the real-life inspiration for Marylou. She's what brought Neal and Jack together.” she says with a warm smile, she loved On The Road immensely. She laughs a little, “I consider that to be the only appropriate way to go.”, she had a couple of vices in her life, none that she was unable to control. She nodded and smiled as Erich shook her hand, “You're a tough man to agree terms with but I think I can make that happen.” she enjoyed his simplistic approach to things of a business nature, with anybody else Savannah would have expected contracts to be signed and various clauses in those contracts to counter every possible situation that could arise. Erich was happy enough to go along for the ride and potential stories to create.

She laughs as Erich gives his unique take on the emptiness of studio life, “I like that analogy. You're nothing if you have no Elvis in you.” She glances around the room as Erich says he's more than willing to hang around the Nashville studio for the duration of the recording process, “So this is pretty much home for the next three weeks or so.” she looks across at him, “Doesn't feel very homely does it. We'll need an endless supply of snacks and alcohol.”
She laughs a little, “I feel like I'm better equipped to keep Brandon happy.” It's true that she generally got what she wanted and she wasn't above using her sexuality to help along the way. She nods in agreement, “I can arrange for a pickup.” she says as she takes her phone and sends a message. Ten minutes pass before it buzzes, “They'll be here in five minutes. Brandon will meet up with us a little later.”

As she starts to gather her worldly possessions, leather jacket, phone, keys, purse and cigarettes she shoots one final glare at the mixing board, “Watch yourself.” she says before turning away.
Offline erich hess  
#20 Posted : 28 January 2019 23:52:11(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"We should also find a copy of the movie and shoot that." Erich says while pantomiming pointing a pistol. "Seriously,how could a film of that book work?" He asks,seemingly personally offended such a thing even exists. One would get the impression that erich is a gun nut but it's simply more efficient than running up and poking your finger through a DVD. He was pleased to see that Savannah had vices. He didn't trust any one who did not."me? Im going out boxing a kangaroo. And losing. But i am drunk at the time,so i think that counts ." He replies. This has been the death He has always claimed to be destined for. He holsters his finger gun and shrugs to Savannah. "I've read the art of the deal cover to cover. 6 times. Amphetamines and layovers are a deadly combination." He states as the reason for his haggling skills. Which in reality it probably was closer to him being wealthy enough to be of the "money isn't really important" mindset.

"Elvis is in Joan Rivers,but he's trying to get out,man." Erich starts singing. Erich is a man who wears his influences in his sleeve. It would be telling a fib to say erich didn't rip off at least a little bit from mojo Nixon. Which in his mind,everyone should. Erich saunters around the studio,lightly kicking things like he's inspecting a used car. " we're going to need loads of pork skins and wild turkey. The high proof stuff. We want something that'll put lead in our pencils. I wouldn't be opposed to taxidermy animals either..or live ones. Nature's bounty and all that." He says excitedly. He greatly appreciated what Savannah was aiming for. This wasn't going to be a Taylor Swift release. That woman didn't have a rough and tumble bone in her body.
"Hey,you never know. I have a pair of leather hotpants in the car and...well..."erich says,pretending to give her a once over. " I'm not saying I'll give you a run for your money,but..." He simply trails off,giving his best pin up pose. The idea of seducing brandon away from Savannah was hilarious to him. He just didnt have the thighs to really fill out hot pants. He was rather excited to meet Brandon...and their cows. Erich loved cows.
Erich considers locking his car before the ride arrives. But in typical Erich form,it was a piece of junk and would only start if you knew the trick to do so. A simple fix,but the car seemed happy to be broken in this way. Who was erich to take that away? "Damn. I really should have brought a gift
. now im a terrible guest."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage