logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline erich hess  
#21 Posted : 11 April 2017 04:50:43(UTC)
erich hess

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 17954 time(s) in 10435 post(s)
Mariko had made her way to Dahlhouse headquarters well before her appointment. She was a stickler for time. If she was on time,she considered herself late. There was no excuse to be late. Mariko had arrived with a tote bag full of tapes and little notebooks. She had even dressed the part today: a knee length red skirt,and a black jacket. It was very important to her to show miss Smith she just wasn't relying on already being known. Nothing was guaranteed in life. And she made it a point to make her own way. she didn't want her sister's contacts at studio60 to help her,and she didn't want her blossoming relationship with cara Zayn to help her. Nope. Dahl house was literally the hardest label for her to make it into. Sure,miss Smith seemed fond of her in Cara's interview,but surely anniken knew of her past with Nina. There had to be some away Nina had with aire,who in turn spoke to miss Smith.

Mariko greeted anniken with a smile and an extended hand. " Good afternoon​,miss Smith." She said confidently. Inside,she was extremely nervous. But it was easy enough to play a confident character.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline kandii  
#22 Posted : 11 April 2017 05:29:32(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
"Call me Anniken." Anniken said, returning the smile while shaking Mariko's hand. She liked that Mariko was early, it showed effort and that was definitely noted. Anniken could personally never manage such a thing, she was far too busy. There was never a day where her schedule wasn't packed to the gods. Anniken motioned towards the chair in front of her, physically telling Mariko to have a seat as she sat down herself. Today Anniken was wearing a nude dress with sheer sleeves, her curls pinned up. "At last. We finally have a chance to sit down and talk. I'm not going to lie, I've been wanting to come face to face with your for a while now. It's good to see you."
Offline erich hess  
#23 Posted : 11 April 2017 05:45:39(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Mariko gave a little nod and said," sure, anniken." Switching easily from all business to a tone she would use with a friend she had known for years. In spite of levels of Fame,mariko was the more socially adept of the Kobayashi sisters. Once seated ,mariko gave the office a nice going over with her eyes. It was neat,but clearly the calm in the center of a large storm. Dahl house seemed to have their finger in many pies. So anniken was probably very busy. "Oh I've been wanting this too. " Mariko said with a little laugh. There was a time when she opened had a little crush on miss Smith,so she couldn't help but joke about it. "I have to say,you were the last person I expected to want me ." Mariko bluntly says. Curiosity got the best of her,and she had to know why.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
"I'm not saying its even a good thing to own a chimpanzee. But that's freedom, folks." Alex Jones.
Offline kandii  
#24 Posted : 11 April 2017 06:10:20(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

"Can I get you anything? Tea..coffee..anything? We have it all back there." When Anniken said 'back there' she was referring to some figurative place in her head. She had no idea where the drinks that circulated the building actually came from. She knew at some point on the timeline she had hired a barista but as far as she was concerned, she snapped her fingers and voilà, a tasty beverage. "To be fair, you were the last person I expected to want.. this." Anniken waved her hands around to point out the business setting they were in. Before recently, Mariko was as independent as can be and rightfully so considering her elusive tendencies. "So I guess in that way, we have something in common. Why the sudden change of heart?"
Offline erich hess  
#25 Posted : 11 April 2017 07:38:49(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Mariko didn't want to be rude and refuse an offer of drinks and she was sure all the negotiations would leave her dry mouthed...But she also disliked warm drinks. For shits and giggle,she pipes up," got any rum and coke back there?" She always found it hilarious to ask for the drink among places who knew it was the name of a famous act too. Also, it was never the wrong time for a little drinkie pooh. "If not,a Shirley temple will work. " Mariko added once she realized most offices probably don't allow alcohol. Mariko laughs when anniken replies. It was true, mariko had been fiercely independent until recently. In some ways she was tired of having to handle it all. This also probably limited her success as well ." Well...I can only sell so many collectors vinyls when I hand press each one. I've got molten vinyl burns in places you NEVER want hot vinyl to be! So there is that. Also...I want to be an Izzy. I'm tired of slogging away in tiny clubs. But I also don't want to do pop tunes. Every act here seems to be successful.i want that." Mariko says with almost a hint of lust. When motivated,she could be a very driven person. " I know you are the best choice to help me. We both know you know me better than any other label head would."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#26 Posted : 12 April 2017 03:15:40(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Anniken chuckled at Mariko's pun. "Unfortunately not. I keep all the hard stuff behind my desk." She said this with a wink but frowned once realized they were in the meeting room and not her office. She could really use a drink but so much for that. "Shirley Temple it is!" She picked up her phone, briefly spoke to her receptionist, and put it right back down after ordering a sparkling water for herself as well. Anniken listened to Mariko explain herself, raising her eyebrows when the singer mentioned Isabel Merjos. Looking at Mariko and evaluating her career, she definitely didn't think Mariko was this ambitious. Suddenly her interest was peaked beyond Mariko's personality alone, which outside of the quality of her music, was the only reason why Anniken believed Mariko had real staying power. "You know, I don't think there's a single Rock artist out who is of Isabel's caliber, let alone Deathrock. What a perfect time to make one." Anniken said with a smirk. "You walked in here with a lot of confidence, I like that. So much so that I'm willing to entrust a lot of faith in you and your career. I do have my concerns though.."
Offline erich hess  
#27 Posted : 12 April 2017 03:48:38(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"dang." Mariko sighs with a snap of her fingers. Now she was really interested in anniken's office. She had really assumed people only drank at work on TV. The three martini lunch was alive and well at Dahl house it would seem. But it was probably for the best. Mariko needed to be clear headed to sell herself properly. She knew she was pretty much a one trick pony. So the pitch had better be good. " I think the time is right. Past time, actually." Mariko replies with a sly smirk. Mariko simply smiles when anniken mentions her confidence. It mostly was an act, but enough to where mariko felt on equal ground. She wasn't some kid with delusions of grandeur,she was a well established artist with delusions of grandeur. "Concerns..." Mariko repeats,the illusion of confidence wavering Lightly. " Where to start? My trickle of musical output? Silly songs about death? Or the fact I work in a dying medium?" She rattles off,suddenly feeling very cramped in the room. Mariko wasn't one to face her flaws willingly.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#28 Posted : 12 April 2017 04:55:33(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

The receptionist quietly walked in the room, handing both Anniken and Mariko their drinks. Before she could ask 'anything else', Anniken nodded over with a smile, dismissing her. "Oh no, that's your entire schtick! I firmly believe in the saying, 'if it's not broke, don't fix it'! I have no desire to micro-manage you unless I know I'll see immediate results. You've got a good thing going on. Consistency would help but I figure you wouldn't be sitting here in front of me if you had no plans to commit and actually push out material. That's not it at all." Anniken picked up her glass of sparkling water and drank from it. "Drama." Anniken places the glass down in front of herself. "You've been quiet recently but we both know it follows you. I don't care, really. I mean, I would prefer it if there was nothing going on but you're all adults and that's fine by me. I like my fair share of gossip, keep me on my toes for all I care. I just have the habit of signing outspoken people to this company that feel the need to speak on everything. You have words on some other celebrity? Go crazy, sometimes I enjoy out-PRing someone else's PR. In moderations it's like a nice game of tug-o-war. There's a reason why no one likes playing it by themselves though. We're supposed to be a family here at Dahlhouse and if we can't be, goddamn, don't let anyone else know. Public disputes with or defamation against anyone here, from the talents to the assistants, is fined. Heavily. You understand why, right? Production..writing..collaborative events, we like to keep those all in the family, you're going to be around the people signed to the Dahlhouse a lot which means your dirt will more than likely juicier than someone on the outside. Can I trust you to abide by the law that has the rest of these morons, excuse me.." Anniken clears her throat and smiles. "The law that has a few of the talented persons here squirming in their seats? I'm already dealing with enough PR fiascos."
Offline erich hess  
#29 Posted : 12 April 2017 07:53:08(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

"thank you. Oooh and extra Cherries." Mariko grins to the receptionist. Mariko adored people doing things for her and was always appreciative . Even if it was something as small as getting a drink. On the flip side,mariko hated doing things for people. At least most of the time. She gives anniken a sharp nod. " Good. Because if not? I'd have to make promises I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to keep. I can promise releases...Just not on a schedule you could set a watch to." So far she liked what she heard from anniken. That was one thing that kept her away from seeking a label. She only worked when she had inspiration. She listens intently to anniken. But not exactly following what she is saying. Mariko takes a sip of her drink and casually chews on a cherry stem." I think I follow...Kinda. " mariko starts. For the most part her crazy life had settled down. Certain toxic people were out of her life. She had even taken to apologizing to Payton. Whom she still didn't like. But wasn't going to Needle him anymore." Miss Smith...Are you talking about Nina and I? Hell I WISHED she would have given me hell for that. I am pretty sure we can co exist,play checkers,eat corn on the cob,whatever together. The only other people I have problems with are Adam black and Tyron. Other than that? I'll be a perfect little angel." Mariko replies, ticking off her list of people she doesn't like. " I'm trying to turn a new leaf, anniken. I can't ...wont be who I was in the past."
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#30 Posted : 12 April 2017 09:21:33(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

"Well, I was speaking more in general," Anniken said, which was half a lie a d half.. not. "But simce you brought it up,, I am concerned about you and Tyron....." Anniken shifted in her seat, not entirely sure how to put her next statement, knowing that it could put this entire meeting in jeopardy. "Tyron is a friend to the company now, despite his past with us. I'm even considering either signing him or better yet, giving him a position here. Its nothing written in stone but I usually do what I put my mind to. If you're truly looking to start anew, this is perfect. Nothing to worry about!I just don't want you to feel blindsided if you run into him here within the coming months." Anniken knew her decision to pursue Tyron is a controversial one and this was the first time she's mentioned it out loud. It sounded as crazy as it felt. "If you were to sign a contract here, simply..tweeting about him in a negative light would be considered a.. breach of your contract."
Offline erich hess  
#31 Posted : 12 April 2017 10:10:00(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Mariko took a long drink of her Shirley temple. After all,it was a good drink. Certainly no reason to waste it,or that receptionist's hard work. Mariko simply smiled and scooted her chair back. " Miss Smith,I really do appreciate your time and interest..But to go further with this would just be wasting our time. " Mariko said politely. There was no one she hated more than Tyron,so there was no way she would hold her tongue....Or any other part of her body if he was around. " I simply cannot exist around him. Especially if he had a position here. " Mariko smiled sweetly and stood up to leave.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#32 Posted : 12 April 2017 11:07:47(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Anniken sat back in her seat. This was exactly why she liked Mariko so much. She may not look it but she was a total badass and she always got that across without the theatrics. If it wasn't Anniken on the other side of the table, Mariko would've gained so much respect from her right now. "Shame. I actually thought you were serious for a second." Anniken watched as Mariko stood up, flashing back a smile that was blatantly lacking sincerity. Every second that passed vexed Anniken, she couldn't stand the fact that this was no longer going her way. She stayed seated, trying her best to stand her ground here. "You're really going to let someone who doesn't have your talent hinder your success...Money.. And career? Your gonna let someone you hate interfer with something you love? I'm sorry, I'm just really lost. You came in here promising yourself change and power.. But just that quick you gave power to who I assume tried to take it from you years ago in unspeakable ways. Mariko... You've barely started this 'new chapter' of your life and by walking out that door, you're already letting your past stronghand you."

Edited by user 12 April 2017 11:09:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline erich hess  
#33 Posted : 12 April 2017 11:27:05(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

By the time anniken spoke,mariko was already behind the chair she previously occupied. She turned around slowly and rested her hands on the back of the chair. she slowly smirked at anniken,letting her eyes roam over anniken. It was rather bizarre to think of her as coke's mother. Good genes in this family. " The thing is,I know you're playing me.. but you're right." Mariko speaks softly. She decides against leaving and sits back in her chair. She scoots in back towards the desk. It makes a loud sound as the chair settled back in it's place. " Anniken.. I know my limits. I would sooner do a collaboration with that woman who broke my heart,than spend a minute with that bastard. Do I want all of what I said before? Yes. But not enough to let what he did slide. I can't do what you ask." Mariko says slowly. She appreciated anniken's effort,but she didn't want to disappoint her.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#34 Posted : 14 April 2017 12:16:49(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

"Darling, I'm always right." Anniken sighed a good sigh when Mariko sat back down. "I'm not playing you. Think what you want of me, bottom line is always do what's in best interest for my career. Signing on here means that your career becomes mine since the outcomes of both will be completely dependent. Right now, I am thinking of what's best for our careers." Anniken stopped talking as Mariko awkwardly scoots the chair back in. She clears her throat. "I'm not at all asking you to kiss and make up with him. I'm just asking you not to name drop him. I don't want you thinking that I'm protecting him, my intentions for pursuing Tyron are simply to enforce a truce. I don't make enemies, I make stars and I no longer want him getting in the way.." Anniken was trying her best to get this meeting back on track, she really wanted to walk out of this room with Mariko apart of the Dahlhouse. She knew well that things would've been much easier for her if she hadn't brought up Tyron but she had no desire to blindside Mariko in such a cruel way.
Offline erich hess  
#35 Posted : 14 April 2017 21:44:36(UTC)
erich hess

Man
United States

Mariko grins at anniken's insistence that she was always right. And for all mariko knew,she was. After all,labels run by mariko? 0. Sitting at the table mariko drinks the last of her drink. Which at the time is barely any Shirley temple,and mostly melted ice. This ended up reminding her of cough medicine and she slightly pushed the cup away. "You do understand that this isn't some.....Random dislike that I have. There is ...Stuff there." Mariko carefully says. All image of being confident drained from her and she focused her gaze on the empty cup. There was still slight beads of condensation dribbling down its side. " Do you know about the TV show he tried to make? I ....I want assurance that I will be safe." Mariko quietly says before looking back to anniken.anniken was the kind of person that mariko wanted to please,but she knew her limits. " Agreeing to this feels like selling my soul to the devil and I don't like it." She finally says rather flatly. If there was anyone in this world that mariko truly hated,it was Tyron. To have her hands tied like this felt extremely wrong.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#36 Posted : 28 December 2022 18:31:17(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage

Anniken looks up from her laptop at the wall clock above her door and breathes a heavy sigh. Yes, her laptop has the time and so does her phone, iPad and the Apple watch on her wrist. Wall clocks were a novelty nowadays thanks to technological advancements but Anniken loved a good wall clock regardless and since the one in her office was a thousand-dollar Nomon luxury piece, she was going to find any reason to stare at it. Anniken slowly closed her laptop and picked up the glass of red wine next to it, finishing off the last of it's contents as she swung her swivel chair 90 degrees away from her desk and placed the empty glass onto one of the display shelves behind her.

The moment she'd been dreading all month is here. This afternoon, she is scheduled to meet with some of the most difficult artists she's ever had the pleasure of working with. Many knew of her trying relationships with Rum & Coke, one of the members being her very own daughter, but few knew that they were just the tip of the pain in Anniken's ass. She held one-on-one meetings with the talents in her own office instead of the company's conference room so that the meeting could feel more personable and intimate. In her mind, artists took negative feedback better when they could see it's coming from someone willing to be vulnerable and genuine. There are some very important conversations to be had today and she knew she would have to work hard to keep the discussions in a progressive place. She looked down at her professional attire and smoothed out the creases in her spotless white pencil skirt. Next, she buttoned her suit jacket back up, hiding her busty breasts that couldn't help but make every shirt she wore look a little more provocative than desired. She believed in the power of cleavage during deal negotiations but sadly, her tatas would be of no help today. She did a quick breathing exercise to soothe her mind, letting out another deep sigh with every exhale.

LOTUS

The door to Anniken's office swung open and Lotus stood in the doorway. She had on a pale green crop top turtle neck, a nude mini skirt and brown knee-high furry boots. "Anniken." She greeted, almost as if to make sure Anniken knew her aggressive entrance was on purpose.

Anniken did not flinch at the abrupt arrival of her cattiest client. She had known Lotus for a decade now and knew well that Lotus had a strong, combative presence. It's one of the reasons why she signed the rapper. Anniken smiled. "Lotus."

"I'm here for our meeting." Lotus announces, swiftly walking in front of the large desk and sitting down.

Anniken folds her hands and places them on her desk. "Where should we start?"

Lotus sizes Anniken up before stating plainly, "My album. It's been ready but it's still not out. Every time I bring it up with my label, they say it's up to you. SO, wassup? Why you don't want my album to come out?"

Anniken maintains eye contact. "I want your album to come out, Lotus, you know that."

"Why you don't want my album to come out, Anniken?" Lotus repeats.

"I do want your album to come out." Anniken repeats.

Lotus sits back in her chair. "If you wanted my album to come out, you would've sent it out in September like we planned. Do you remember what you did instead?"

Anniken raises her eyebrow. "Do you remember requesting a last-minute change to the tracklist? Which I honored and clearly communicated would result in a change of the album's schedule."

"I remember being told it would only be pushed back a few weeks just to have my record completely shelved so you can make room for a stripper hoe to hoe her way up the charts in October and sit there for the rest of the calendar year. You don't remember that?"

Anniken sighs. "What you are referring to is a change of the album's schedule which I clearly communicated to you would happen if the changes you wanted were implemented. Your album is not shelved and never has been, Lotus, we just want to make sure it comes out at the right time."

Lotus folds her arms. "If that's the case then why do you still not have a date for me?"

"We would love to release your album in the next month or so but right now, some heavy hitters are already lined up for a January release."

"I know you not talking about white boy with a guitar? Iann scared to go up against white boy with a guitar, I got New York behind me. They gon play me everywhere! In the clubs, at the schools, during the get together, Sunday dinner after church, HELL, I got a few cuts from that record they could prolly play in church! Mud Season is worldwide, ma'am, and you getting in the way of it reaching the WORLDD." Lotus says, bluntly.

Anniken couldn't help but frown at Lotus. "Ryan Ross Hernandez is a veteran in this industry. He's been selling records since you were in high school. Not to mention, he is a pop artist and in this market, Pop dominates. I believe in you as much as you believe in you, Lotus, but it simply wouldn't make sense to release your album anywhere near his. Not if I want to give you a proper chance to shine. Aikya Balan just topped the charts for FIVE consecutive weeks and if you just give me a chance and be a little patient, we could do the same for you."

Lotus lets out a deep breath, finally breaking eye contact and looking away. Anniken had officially won the staring contest, now was her chance to really get through to the artist in front of her. "Listen, I know you've been working hard to put this album together and build your fanbase back up to where it's always been. When you were fighting hard to reclaim your reigning spot in Hip Hop, I was right next to you, fighting even harder. I am not here to work against you, all I ask is that you don't work against me. It's been a long time coming, I know you're frustrated at all the years that have escaped us but please, we are right there at the finish line. Just be a little more patient for me. Don't fall into the trap of thinking the hype around your album will die down and no one will be interested. You are Lotus THEEE Flower Bomb. Everyone will flock to your release just as they always have. Trust me."

Lotus sized up Anniken one last time before standing up to leave. "You have until March before I turn this building upside down. That's all Ima say."

Anniken shrugs cockily, knowing she's won this battle. "That's all I need."

Her door swings close as Lotus exits and Anniken rubs her forehead as if she's trying to massage the migraine out of her skull. In truth, she had no idea when it would be best to push Lotus' album out but at least she had bought herself some time. Lotus didn't care much about numbers but Anniken did. It was good that Lotus had finally been able to obtain a number one single after the company had been trying so hard. Anniken had put a lot of money into making sure SHIVA was a massive hit but it was overshadowed by another artist who could be considered a legend in his respective genre. Anniken did not like to lose but there was nothing she could do to stop an established artist from a more respected genre from winning. All she knew is she did not want the same thing to happen to her artist's album. Aikya Balan's Halloween record had been such a bulletproof plan because it was released during the Holiday freeze and it's creative theme could only be rivaled by Michael Jackson himself with the power of his historical Thriller era. Thanks to Aikya's strange artistry, Dahlhouse had struck gold but she knew choosing Aikya's album over Lotus' would spark a rivalry within her company and Anniken absolutely hated those. The only thing keeping a lid on this jar of chaos was the fact that Aikya was a harmless R&B singer. Had it been another female rapper, Lotus would've eaten her alive.

Anniken reached under her desk and took a swig of one of the vodka bottles she had hidden in her office. She growled as her throat burned, putting the bottle back in it's place while she waited. This was only the first round of meetings, she still had more to go.

Edited by user 28 December 2022 18:39:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 02/01/2023(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#37 Posted : 30 December 2022 09:57:01(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

DAE HO PARK

Anniken Dahl-Smith looked up at the clock above her door and waited. It had been 25 minutes past the time she initially scheduled for the next meeting but she had fully expected this turn of events from this particular client which is why she added an extra 45 minutes to the meeting's slot ahead of time. She kept her eyes on the beautiful clock and waited, and waited, and waited some more until finally, she heard a light knock on her office door.

Dae Ho Park knocked politely before slightly opening the door and popping his head inside. "Hey Anniken. Am I too late?"

"I'm just glad you made it, Dae. Come sit." She waved him over, hoping he'd act with urgency.

Dae Ho Park slid the rest of his body inside the office and closed the door behind him. He was wearing a white furry sweater with black pants and black spiked combat boots. Dae walked over to the chair in front of Anniken's desk and sat down quietly.

"How are you?" Anniken asked, trying to start the conversation off on a good foot.

Dae nodded his head. "I'm doing well. Happy to be back on a set." He said, referring to the new role Anniken landed him not too long ago.

Anniken smiled at that last part. "Great! I know acting is your passion and this transition to music has been hard on you. I've never stopped looking for acting gigs to give you, I just only want you to touch high-profile projects that will expand your brand. It's only a small role but this is just the beginning. We're going to remind the world what you can do and build that momentum back up again so we can negotiate some bigger deals. My goal is to get you on the big screen as soon as possible."

"Oh my god, really? That sounds so cool, thank you Anniken! I've missed acting so much and I don't care if my role is small, it's still a big step towards my ultimate goal." All of Dae's life, he's wanted to star in a blockbuster film. His heart was not in music and his fans were slowly starting to catch on. Instead, he had always envisioned himself as an action star who could have fun on set doing his own stunts and pretending to be someone he's not.

"Don't get too excited, Dae. Before I can greenlight any more roles, you know what must be done." Anniken said, quickly flipping the switch.

Dae immediately slouched, dreading what was about to come out of his mouth. "The album."

Anniken nodded. "Yes, the album. I've been extremely lenient because I understand music takes a lot out of you. However, it's been 5 years since Crash Course Dummy and with the New Year, it's going on six. It's time, Dae. The public is hungry for another album."

Dae sighs. "Well, I've been in the studio working hard..."

"I understand Dae but I'm going to have to step in and expedite this process. I need this album before the Summer and it's only halfway done."

"What more do you want from me, Anniken??" He whined.

"I want you in the studio 5 days a week starting tomorrow. Studio60 and I have already coordinated everything, you just have to show up...on time."

"5 DAYS A WEEK?!"

"There will be a driver outside your condo in the morning waiting to collect you as well as your security team. They promised me they will do everything in their power to make sure you get there in a timely manner. Please, don't make their jobs harder on them than it has to be."

"THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!!!" Dae protests, standing up from his chair.

Anniken stares at him in silence. After a long pause, she begins to speak again. "Do you want to be in a movie or not?"

Dae suddenly remembers where he is and awkwardly clears his throat, sitting back down.

"sorry." He says, quietly.

"Right." Anniken continues. "I don't understand why it's not important to you but you have the whole genre of K-Pop in the palm of your hands. You have been very complacent with that privilege but it's time to sharpen up. I don't know if you've noticed but you have a lot of competition now including a few artists in this company. If you want to keep your name afloat, I need you to give me 110% on this project and stop resisting your calling. If not, I will do everything in my power to keep you relevant as I've always done but I can't promise that you won't fall off. The whole industry is watching your next move and I know you can exceed all expectations if you just put your mind to it."

Dae pouts. "I-I guess you're right... Fine then. What time do I have to wake up tomorrow?"

"If you want to be on time? 6 in the morning."

"S...Six??? Anniken, you're killing me! What studio is even open that early???" He says, already complaining.

"I don't want to hear it, Dae. Now, go home and get some rest. You have a big day tomorrow and you're cutting into the time I allotted for my next meeting." She says, shooing him away.

He gets up shaking his head and heads toward the door. Before he leaves, he turns around to say one last thing. "Hey Anniken?"

"Yes, Dae?"

"Thanks." He smiles a little before turning around to leave.

Anniken smiles to herself, glad that the meeting went well. Dae Ho Park was a nice boy he was just hard-headed and kind of lazy. She thought of him as a decent actor but he was a musical genius. Just like his twin sister Misu, he was a show-stopping singer, songwriter, dancer and performer. There was no way in hell Anniken was going to let a talent like that go to waste. She guessed his aversion to music had a lot to do with wanting to separate himself from his twin sister's shadow and carve out his own identity, which was so ironic to Anniken because according to the general public, award shows and chart data, Misu's career was in Dae's shadow. When first debuting Dae, Anniken had never expected his music career to take off so suddenly. Without much effort at all, Dae Ho Park had gotten a #1 single, #1 album and the very first Fan Choice K-Pop award that Anniken had been so sure would go to Misu's girl group at the time. Ever since then, Anniken had been pushing Misu's music in more of a Pop direction just so that the Dahlhouse would never have to deal with the twins competing against each other ever again.

Anniken had learned long ago that the only way to get Dae Ho Park to do what she wanted was by dangling carrots in his face and allowing him to do more of what he wants. In truth, Anniken was not looking for any additional roles, let along movie roles, for Dae and had not been for a long time. The one she had managed to get him simply fell in her lap and she saw it as an opportunity to motivate Dae to work harder on his album. You know what they say, throw a dog a bone and he'll release the record of the year.

Edited by user 01 January 2023 06:48:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 02/01/2023(UTC)