logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

57 Pages«<54555657>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline BrownSugar  
#1101 Posted : 02 May 2024 16:30:26(UTC)
BrownSugar

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19302 time(s) in 7685 post(s)
"You handled that well!" Riley chuckles and pats Jack on the shoulder as they make their way through the crowded bar, leaning into his ear in order to be heard over the booming music. "Being calm and gracious, that's always the best way to go about things. Those girls are going to go home on top of the world and most importantly, you lived to tell the tale! Win-win." Riley laughs, knowing it could have been a very different turn of events had they hung around and let Carly get her wicked way with either of them. He continues to navigate his way towards the exit, sticking close to Jack and keeping his head down, trying to be as casual and inconspicuous as possible. Riley always has a lot of time for the public but when they're all absolutely wrecked and it's the small hours of the morning with the comfort of his own home calling him, it's a different story.

Riley was already feeling merry but as soon as he steps outside and the cold, fresh night air hits him in the face, the tequila shots come down on him like a tonne of bricks. "Ooft, fuck me sideways..." The chill in the air, honking of horns and hustle and bustle of general London nightlife overwhelms all his senses at once. He tries his best to stick to the inside of the pavement, close to the shop fronts as they make their way from the chaos of The Devil's Playground. "Mate, y-you want to grab some food first?" Riley's definitely sounding more slurred than he was inside the bar.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

Offline C4AJoh  
#1102 Posted : 05 May 2024 00:51:55(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8687 time(s) in 2726 post(s)
Jack laughs as Riley tells him he’s lived to tell the tale, “Honestly, it’s more about just not being an arsehole.” As they make their way outside into the fresh air, the alcohol hits him although he never really showed it all that much, mostly down to the fact that he grew up in an area where you were drinking on weekends regularly at fourteen years old, he had built up a tolerance and an ability to hide his drunkenness. “Honestly, it was easier said than done. Madison was a lovely lass but that Carly would have been a real fucking treat” He shakes his head and laughs a little, “Honestly, I’m not proud of it and I’d love to think of myself as a deeper and more complex person but I can’t help myself with that type of lass for a quick shag. Fake lashes, lip filler and fake tits, I’m all about that.” He laughs again and shakes his head, “Just as long as one of us has left by the morning, like. Fucking prehistoric, I know.”

Jack follows Riley down the street, hoping that Riley has some sort of idea how to get back from here, “Aye Riley lad, I could do with a pizza, I can’t lie.” He glances down the road and see’s the lights of a nearby takeaway like a beacon in the distance. “We’ll head down here and see what we find, eh?” he says, making his way through the rowdy crowds out on the street.
Offline BrownSugar  
#1103 Posted : 05 May 2024 07:45:25(UTC)
BrownSugar

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 19302 time(s) in 7685 post(s)
"You liked Carly, eh? Couldn't tell with the way your eyes kept dropping from her face to her tits every two seconds...and it was the other lass you were talking to!" Riley cackles, referencing the girl's eye catching dress which was practically a glorified tea towel in length. She was definitely out to raise eyebrows amongst other things tonight. "Nah, I totally get what you mean. She was...yeah, I fucking would, lad. I fucking would!" Riley laughs and pats Jack on his back, in complete agreement that if circumstances were different, they probably would've went about things another way. "Ah, so you're not hanging around to make some avocado toast for her in the morning then?" Riley playfully jabs, suggesting the poshest food that comes to his mind. He knows that muck hasn't touched Jack's lips.

En route to the inviting lights of the late night takeaway, Riley stops dead in his track. "Fuck sake, I can't escape that wazzock and his smug face." Riley chuckles and nods up towards a digital billboard of Billy promoting "Model Citizen" looming over them. His good friend is inescapable at the best of times but this is London - feral Khan territory. He's all over the city. Riley clocks a sit-in or takeaway Turkish place which seems to advertising pizzas in its window. There are a few people sat in little booths and one man being served. Aside from that, the place seems quiet and relaxed enough to step foot in. "Here seem OK? Pizzas a good shout, by the way. They can do that well down here. Every other takeaway? Pfft, doesn't compare. Word of advice, never order a gravy down here, lad." As a fellow northern man, Riley sees it as his duty to warn him about the subpar gravy the Southerners dish up.
UserPostedImage

WEEKEND: BILLY • DUSTYN • OSCAR • RILEY • SCOTT
PUBLIC WARNING: BEAU • CARTER LEE • JAKE • MYLES • ZANDER
THE STAT NERDS: BRIAN • CHRISTOPHER
THE ZONE: BLAKE • CHRIS • JASON • LIAM

JOSHUA GRIMMIE • LINCOLN • LAYLA • MERCEDES • MICHELLE GREEN
ANDREA • DENEIL • CHICAGO NOBODY • BLOOM • SONNY • VICTORIA BLACK
REUBEN • ELLIE-GRACE SUMMERS • ALFIE SUMMERS • MICAH DELISLE
JAMIE JACKSON • KONSTANTIN • FAYETTE • SAYYID

Offline Head South Records  
#1104 Posted : 19 July 2024 01:47:26(UTC)
Head South Records

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 168 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Cerys Nyland stood by the bay window of her cozy house, nestled on a bluff near Seaford. The coastline stretched before her. She sipped her tea, savoring the tranquility of her sanctuary.

With a sigh, she turned away from the view and headed towards her living room. The room was a blend of comfort and bohemian chic, with mismatched cushions scattered across a deep, plush sofa and shelves lined with books, records.

She picked up her phone from the coffee table, its screen lighting up as she brushed her thumb across it. She hesitated for a moment before settling into the corner of the sofa, legs tucked beneath her.

Scrolling through her contacts, she paused at the name "Jack Dunn."

Her thumb hovered over the call button. Would he answer? Or would she have to talk to his voicemail?

She took a deep breath and pressed the button, bringing the phone to her ear. The dial tone hummed,...
Our Roster :
Cerys Nyland | Jack Dunn | Little Minx | Sigrún | Jugendstil | Voodoo Dolls | Mother of Tigers | Scream Team | Safiya Afolayan| Eireann Flannery | Harlow Reed | Hana Rahman
Offline C4AJoh  
#1105 Posted : 29 July 2024 03:46:18(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jack Dunn had been recording all day in a small studio in Brighton, he took himself outside to the parking lot as the day began to wrap up. A cab was due to pull up in around fifteen minutes and take him back to a nearby hotel where he had spent the past couple of months since being signed by Head South Records. He took in the fresh air after a long day and close his eyes for a few moments before the sound of his phone started to ring. He checked the name, not expecting a call from Cerys but duly answered.

"Hello?" he said, not entirely sure if it had been an accidental dial from his label mate as he awaited a response.
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
Head South Records on 31/07/2024(UTC)
#1106 Posted : 31 July 2024 06:19:41(UTC)
Head South Records

There was a brief pause on the other end before Cerys spoke. "Is it Jack Dunn? It's Cerys! So glad to talk to you! I hope I don't disturb you."

Then she added with a friendly and relaxed tone : "I've been meaning to call you. First off, congrats on 'Lowlife.' It was brilliant, really. Been playing it non-stop."
Our Roster :
Cerys Nyland | Jack Dunn | Little Minx | Sigrún | Jugendstil | Voodoo Dolls | Mother of Tigers | Scream Team | Safiya Afolayan| Eireann Flannery | Harlow Reed | Hana Rahman
Offline C4AJoh  
#1107 Posted : 31 July 2024 16:39:40(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jack walks through to his lounge area, glancing out of the window for a few moments before settling down on the sofa as Cerys begins the conversation. “Nah, you’re not disturbing me at all. If I’m honest I’m going a little stir crazy stuck in this hotel.” He says with a laugh, glad of the distraction from the gloom of London.

He continues to make himself comfortable on the sofa, relaxing back as he puts Cerys on speaker phone and places the phone down beside him. “Thank you! I definitely wasn’t expecting it to go as fucking crazy as it did.” He says with a slight chuckle, “Puts a bit of extra pressure on the next release though.” Appreciating the support from his fellow label mate, he knew she had dealt with a similar rise through the ranks. “So how are you doing?” he says, still unsure of the nature of her phone call, but definitely appreciating the kinship.
#1108 Posted : 01 August 2024 16:07:42(UTC)
Head South Records

Cerys, who was preparing a cup of tea, listened carefully. She felt a bit annoyed for Jack as he seemed uncomfortable. “Are you one of those artists who finds inspiration in bad hotel rooms?” she asked, a friendly and thoughtful tone in her voice. “Because if not, we can sort something out. There are studios up north, and we can book sessions near your place whenever you want.”

Then she sat at her dining table With her tea. “About ‘Lowlife’—seriously, just keep it real. No pressure from the label. Just deliver your message through your songs. That’s what people connect with.”

“I’m doing okay,” Cerys Saïd softly. “This year’s been exhausting for me too, but I’m enjoying some downtime now. Well, sort of downtime...and this is the part when I tell you why I'm calling you”, she said with a smile.

Our Roster :
Offline C4AJoh  
#1109 Posted : 01 August 2024 17:37:02(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jack laughed a little as Cerys asked whether he found inspiration in hotel rooms, “It’s just the downtime, it does my fuckin’ head in mate.” He says before continuing, “Honestly, the studio down here is top quality. I can’t fault it. I just need to get out of this hotel sometimes, it drives me crazy.” Although he was just outside of London and had a wide variety of things that could keep him occupied, it was a very lonely existence being in a place so unfamiliar, he appreciated any distractions from friendly faces to rid him of his homesick blues.

Jack listened as Cerys mentioned ‘Lowlife’ once more, the rain now coming down heavy from the grey London sky despite it being the height of summer, “We’re getting there, it’s just a slow process getting the songs just right. Feels like I’ve been in the studio for months now and I think we’ve only managed to get about four songs completely finished.” He said, understanding that the whole production and mixing side of things can be time consuming and laborious. “But we’ll get there, I’d fuckin’ love to get another song released sooner rather than later though, the longer it goes on the more pressure it puts on it.”

He had wondered what the nature of the call was, although they were label mates and had a mutual respect for each other, their interactions had been relatively minimal up to this point. “You’ve been on a wild ride over this last year, I can’t even imagine.” He said in reference to her whirlwind rise in the industry, “Aye? I’m listening.” He said, interested to see what the nature of the call was for.
#1110 Posted : 05 August 2024 03:24:58(UTC)
Head South Records

“Well, Head South Records is celebrating its first anniversary soon,” Cerys began, her tone is friendly. “I know you’re really busy, and there’s absolutely no obligation, but I’d love to know if you’d be interested in taking part in the celebration. Whatever format you prefer, really. A performance, a talk with fans, maybe just showing up and hanging out with us.”
Our Roster :
Offline C4AJoh  
#1111 Posted : 05 August 2024 03:41:16(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jack was more than happy to oblige, “Sounds like it could be fun.” He said before continuing, “I’m up for doing whatever, I’ll definitely do a performance and I’m happy to do anything else you’s need.” He was immediately enthused at the thought of getting back on stage and performing in front of a live crowd, “If you’re up for it, I think it would be cool for you to join me for a song or two?”
#1112 Posted : 08 August 2024 06:21:31(UTC)
Head South Records

Cerys was surprised at first but quickly warmed to the idea. "That sounds great! Do you have any idea what song we could perform together?" she asked, her curiosity piqued. "And is there a location you’d like to perform at? Even something unusual?"
Our Roster :
Offline C4AJoh  
#1113 Posted : 11 August 2024 17:37:54(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jack wasn't entirely sure what the timeframe was for them to get something worked out together, but decided to throw a couple of options in Cery's direction. "We could cover something? Or if you've got the time to meet up I'm sure we could come up with an original song or two?" he suggests, preferring the idea of them coming up with something original. "Honestly, I think I'll leave the location up to you on that one." he says with a laugh, "I'm not exactly well travelled." he says.
#1114 Posted : 15 August 2024 22:22:16(UTC)
Head South Records

Cerys laughed along with him. "Alright, I’ll take on the location hunt. Don't worry, I've got a few ideas in my sleeve."

Then she added:
"An original song would be fantastic," she continued, her tone shifting slightly, becoming more thoughtful. "Do you have anything in stock that we could sing together?"
Our Roster :
Offline C4AJoh  
#1115 Posted : 19 August 2024 19:32:43(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jack was looking forward to seeing what location Cery's had planned for their performance, "I'm sure it's way more classy than any place that I suggest." he says confidently in the knowledge that Cery's is someone with much more cultured tastes than himself. He thinks for a couple of moments when she asks about an original song, "I don't have anything in my repertoire that would fit right now." he says with a slight chuckle to himself, "But I can definitely start working on something and send it your way as soon as I can?" he says in an attempt to scramble some sort of plan together.
#1116 Posted : 24 August 2024 15:54:20(UTC)
Head South Records

Cerys chuckled softly, momentarily surprised by his choice of words. "Classy? Jack, the last thing I’m aiming for is some highbrow, posh venue. The whole point is to be close to the people, you know? The people made this label what it is. We owe them everything."

Then she added "Some of the artists are actually using their performances to promote causes they care about," Cerys continued, setting down her cup of tea on the table. "Like, we’ve got this amazing upcoming talent who’s planning a concert for kids with ASD and ADHD. It’s something really close to her heart, and it’s going to be powerful. I was thinking… maybe we could do something like that? What do you think?".

Cerys smiled, hearing the slight uncertainty in his voice. "I can’t wait to hear it," she said, her tone full of genuine enthusiasm. "Whatever you come up with, I’m sure it’ll be great. No pressure though, just let it flow."

"And as for the cover," Cerys continued, her voice light, almost teasing, "What do you think? Any suggestions?"
Our Roster :
Offline C4AJoh  
#1117 Posted : 24 August 2024 17:28:43(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jack laughs a little as Cery's re-affirms her willingness to keep the location as organic as the labels roots, "Well that's a relief! I thought I might have to wear a suit and tie for some posh event. But nah, I trust you to pick a suitable location, I'm sure whatever you choose will be sound."

He listens to Cery's talk about the idea of using the platform for causes close to them, "Sounds like a great idea. I'm no Bob Geldof like, but I'd like to do something meaningful if I can." he says as he makes his way to the kitchen, flicking on the kettle before heading back into the lounge and sitting back down on the sofa, "We've got the next single ready to go, so it would be good to debut it at the event. It's about mental health, loneliness and male suicide." he pauses for a second, "I know it doesn't sound like a hit." he says with a slight chuckle, "But it's a good track, I swear! If we can debut it at the show, raise some money for 'The Samaritans' or something like that. I think the labels already agreed to donating a percentage of sales to relevant charities, so it would work if you're alright with that?" he explains, unsure of her own personal connection to the causes but hopeful she'll be on board with the idea.

Jack takes a moment to contemplate the idea of writing something for them to sing together on, "I'll start working on something, can't promise it'll be up to your standards but I'll definitely give it my best shot." he says, hopeful of conjuring something worthwhile up for the pair of them.
He listens as she asks about a cover between them, "I've got a couple of ideas, maybe if you can give me a list of a few of your favourite acts I'll be able to find some common ground?" he says, hoping to get some sort of inspiration from her suggestions, "But off the top of my head, I'm thinking maybe we can work in some Pixies or something along those lines?"
#1118 Posted : 30 August 2024 01:42:48(UTC)
Head South Records

Cerys listened carefully to Jack talking about his next single, her heart swelling with a mix of pride and joy. Jack was really getting it—the aspirations of Head South, the idea that music could be more than just sound and sales figures. "Jack, that’s brilliant," she said, her voice warm and sincere. "It’s exactly what I was hoping for."

Cerys was excited, the prospect of creating something new with Jack sparking her imagination. "I can’t wait to hear what you come up with," she replied, her enthusiasm palpable. "And don’t worry about the timing—we can always push it to October or November if you need more time. No rush."

Regarding the cover,
Cerys remained silent for a moment, lost in thought. She had grown up in a house filled with vinyls, and she has tons of favorites...and the Pixies were a huge influence on her. But finding the right song, something that would fit the theme of Jack’s original, was a challenge. "I venerate the Pixies," she finally said, her voice tinged with admiration. "But I’m thinking about your song...loneliness, suicide… unless you’ve got one in mind, I can’t find a Pixies song that fits."

"Jack, tell me honestly," she said after another ten seconds of silence. "I’m thinking of a song, but I don’t know if you’d like it…"

After a short hesitation...

"I was thinking about ‘That’s Entertainment’ by The Jam," Cerys said, sounding a bit unsure. "It’s got this whole vibe about how crap modern life can be, especially for people who have it tough, but there’s also a glimmer of hope at the end, you know? I think it’d be a cool duet, especially the chorus. Like, you could sing ‘That’s’ and I’d jump in with ‘Entertainment…’" She let out a soft laugh, her smile almost audible. "Plus, there’s a few ‘lalalalalaaaas’ in there that I could take on too."

Before Jack could answers, she added:

"And one last point," she added, her excitement growing. "It’s a song that can be played with just two guitars and a bass. No drums really needed here...

What do you think"

Our Roster :
Offline C4AJoh  
#1119 Posted : 30 August 2024 03:20:33(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Jack appreciated the obvious enthusiasm and support from Cerys’ “Aye, it’s taken a little longer to get things ready for the second single but we’re finally on track for the release.” He considered the slightly daunting prospect of coming up with something original for himself and Cery’s to perform but was glad to know that he wouldn’t be rushed on the prospect, “I’m sure I’ll come up with something, hopefully sooner rather than later, but we’ll see.”

He thought about what Cerys was saying about trying to tie the songs together, he quickly thought through the back catalogue of familiar tracks, “Yeah, I think you’re probably right if we’re going to keep with that theme. I suppose “Where Is My Mind?” could fit, but not too sure it would work between us.” He listened as she threw out a suggestion of her own, he was familiar with the song and a surface level fan of The Jam but it wasn’t one he would have ordinarily considered but immediately agreed that it worked, “Y’know that’s a pretty fucking genius suggestion, Cerys.” He says with enthusiasm, “I think it’s a great idea.”
#1120 Posted : 04 September 2024 01:07:03(UTC)
Head South Records

Cerys reacted with a mix of excitement and surprise. “Really??? Oh my God, that’s so cool! I honestly thought you wouldn’t be into The Jam,” she admitted, laughing a little, her doubt quickly turning into enthusiasm. “But if you’re up for it, then yeah, let’s do it!”

She paused for a moment, gathering her thoughts. “So, just to make sure we’re on the same page, we’d have your next single, The Jam cover, and maybe a new song we could write together and perform as a duet?”
Our Roster :