logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 20 December 2009 23:27:32(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
OOC bit.
1. This should be a given, but musicians from roleplay only, nothing from "real life".
2. You can have your say as many times as you want, with different characters or the same one, whatever.
3. You can pick your own artists, as there aren't any real rules (apart from that it's TRSG artists only), but it's more fun if you don't. ;)
4. You don't have to be unbiased! (It kind of depends on the character whether you would or not.) Don't be afraid to suck up - or bitch!
5. Remember, this is all in fun, it is not, I repeat NOT, a competition. Try not to get offended! (:
Inspired by the Best & Worst threads in the music forum. Let's go!

IC -

I think that Billy Maddison is probably the most noteworthy of all artists for 2009. He really grabs your interest, and he's not one to let go! And my apologies to James and Gemma, but I would! ;) The worst? Smash Up. They were doing fine, they were a great band, and they just ended so abruptly with no reason!
-Katie Kairiri

Would it be biased of me to say that Jakey Comatose has had a great year? Of course it would sound that way, but it's true! :D I'd also say that anything Regan Futrell, you know the team, is top of the world too. I've always been THE Futrell fangirl, and his legs look so hot when hanging out of a washing machine .... did I just say that out loud!? Ahem. Onwards and downwards .... total flops. Miss Vanity. Was there a point to that THING starting a musical career!? I think not! And sorry, but I'm going to throw in a note against Angel Le Fierce. She's a lovely girl, and her songs aren't particularly bad musically, I just don't "get" them.
-Raven Comatose

YAY for Sexy Star! :D Is there anything bad about him!? He's kicked some arse - including my own in the jungle - in 2009, I absolutely love him! I think that Madison O'Leary has definitely delivered too. I had no idea who she was in January, now she's such a superstar! I'd also take my hat off to GirlSpice, if I was wearing a hat that is. What a fantastic sendoff for a brilliant career. Worst? Erm, Laura Firecracker!? I don't know .... I don't tend to dislike people.
-Joshy Firecracker

Best? Madbirds (duh), Failed Youth have impressed me, I would say Aerospliff as well but they never really came back, which totally sucks. Worst? How long have you got? Stephanie Fierce is definitely top of my shitlist, I don't need to explain that one, KILL KILL KILL! Speaking of death - Nadia. I wanted her head on a plate the first time, I'm not going to change my mind, get back in your coffin! Oh, and Drama Queen And The Leaning Posts, oops, I mean Live Youth. What is up with that!? One minute (maximum) they're making music, then for the next few months, Gemma's as bad as Fiercey, you can't avoid her, while the boys in the band serve as shoulders for her to cry on.
-Kamikaze Kate

((Might add more later. Get going!))
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Captain Insano  
#2 Posted : 20 December 2009 23:40:49(UTC)
Captain Insano

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Tomi Ahhh...did we release anything this year?
Guadelope I KILL YOU!
Jenny Yeah, I think so...'An Album Partially Dedicated to Brian Griffin'...errrr 'We Were Promised Death Kitteh's', 'Do Not Feed the Infidels! Grind Is Our Business and We Are Fucking Terrible At It'
Tomi Ohhhhh...shit yeah, I vote that we fall under the SUCK category...just like Sexy Star, errr Billy Maddison, Death Squad Alpha...stupid gay black metal wankers...those idiots who hired a clown that posed for a photo that looked as if he was going 'Why haven't I killed myself yet?' Was that Mind? Oh yeah....Kamikaze Kate...YOU DIRTY FILTHY WHORE BAG!!! COME BACK TO SHINY METAL ASS RECORDS YA HAG!
Habib Fully sick bro...you must've done some fully sick drugs and eaten two week old pizza again eh bro?
Tomi I suppose I should say something about 'the best' for the year.
Jenny FUCKING NO!
Tomi Who are you? Go back to your PIMP YOU GOAT WRANGLER! I like Stephanie Fierce..I mean who wouldn't want to give her a hot beef injection. Gay's would turn straight just to do her.

Collective ramblings of The Infidels!
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline Aj  
#3 Posted : 21 December 2009 00:34:09(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Hmm, best has got to be Bikki for me. Brilliant voice and astounding lyrical ability, an excellent talent who has really impressed me this year. She definitely brings a much more interesting side to music, and is always worth a listen. Also I think Mind have really come into their own very recently, not exactly top of my list for the year but they definitely have a lot of potential. Quarantine, Jakey Comatose and The Bards have been consitantly amazing each in their own way and of course Panic! have had a stunning year - even if I'm not a massive fan of them, I can appreciate Ryan's musical talent.

The bad? Uhh, Stephanie Fierce is a blight on humanity, as is Madison O'Leary. Who want's a Madison O'Leary Christmas? NOT ME. Sexy Star's the most annoying human being in the world. It's not because he dresses up as a woman, it's because he's a fucking douche bag. Basically, all pop musicians have been shit. Apart from GirlSpice I guess, they always put out a catchy tune which is what pops about. That moronic cowboy dude pisses me off because he's your typical 'Oh my god I'm gay everyone give me all your attention' kind of guy. I'm sure he's lovely, but come on, it's the 21st century. YOUR GAY, GET OVER IT. It's people like him that bring the insults upon themselves, because if he quietly did what he did and didn't make a fuss - it would be fine. Linda Fea's a complete and utter turd, even though she isn't an artist she's about as useful to this earth as Herpes. Miss Vanity is shit, nuff said. Pretty boring pop sickeningly annoying trash. Laura Firecrackers pretty poor to, and I can't stand that Mary Sue song. But to top it all of - The Renegade, are the band I hate the most. Most pointless bunch of unthoughtthrough bland shit I've ever heard. You wanna make anarchy music? Go listen to The Prisoners - they make amazing music. You, just make shite.

Herr Fische - where they've popped up - have been amazing, as always. I love what they bring to music, it's pretty cool. The Infidels! have continued to ruin children's minds, which isn't too bad seeing as they've made some pretty decent music this year. Sight Fails have been okay, though I didn't like some of their stuff. The Rockers have, as always, been great fun.

But in my opinion, the most important musician in the world right now is Regan Futrell. His work everywhere has been just fantastic. Best Artist around at the moment and simply a fucking genius. I had the brilliant pleasure of working with him once, and he really is an idol to me. Absolutely breathtaking his work. Oh, and The Prisoners have been amazing as always.

Liam
The Schadenfreude Ecdysiast/The Lost/Smash Reviews
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#4 Posted : 21 December 2009 04:36:59(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Stephanie Fierce: This is sad. But I do notice a similarity between two people on here talking sh***. This is the a main reason why I'm staying away from award shows like "The Birdies". They don't gain you any respect whatsoever. I'm not going to put up with this shit.

Edited by user 21 December 2009 04:38:52(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline bikz  
#5 Posted : 21 December 2009 05:11:27(UTC)
bikz

Woman

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Stephanie Fierce: This is sad. But I do notice a similarity between two people on here talking sh***. This is the a main reason why I'm staying away from award shows like "The Birdies". They don't gain you any respect whatsoever. I'm not going to put up with this shit.

OOC : Did anyone ever say that this, or Kate, had anything to do with the IMAs? Nope, nowhere. This is meant to be a bit of fun.

Edited by user 21 December 2009 05:14:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
#6 Posted : 21 December 2009 05:17:50(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:

Bikki: Did anyone ever say this had anything to do with the Birdies?

Stephanie Fierce: It has, I won two birdies (in one night) and no one here has mentioned that here. What have the Birdies done for me? Make people hate me more. I have the right to talk about the Birdies, they are not sacred and I have my opinion on them. I blame them because ever since I won two awards, the media along with the haters(like right now) have not left me alone, and many artist seem to now hate me because all the media does is talk about me.
Offline GirlSpice  
#7 Posted : 21 December 2009 05:21:23(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
Sexy Star: Best? Me. Worst? Pretty much everyone.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline bikz  
#8 Posted : 21 December 2009 05:25:14(UTC)
bikz

Woman

OOC. Because I edited my post and turned it OOC, I'll reply as such.
The characters who run the Birdies are Jakey Comatose, Raven Comatose and Bikki.
Neither Kamikaze Kate nor Liam O'Mally is one of those characters, so they have nothing to do with the awards.
Therefore, Kate and Liam's opinions on Stephanie do not mean that she has to throw rocks at Jakey, Raven and Bikki for their work. That was completely uncalled-for.
UserPostedImage
#9 Posted : 21 December 2009 05:28:37(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Stephanie Fierce: This whole thing is just stupid and I get plenty of attention at home. I'm just going to focus on making my music and pleasing my fans.
I'm done with all media outlets, promotional machines, (Birdies, HTC Awards, Hot Topic,) Goodbye!
#10 Posted : 21 December 2009 05:44:00(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:
OOC. Because I edited my post and turned it OOC, I'll reply as such.
The characters who run the Birdies are Jakey Comatose, Raven Comatose and Bikki.
Neither Kamikaze Kate nor Liam O'Mally is one of those characters, so they have nothing to do with the awards.
Therefore, Kate and Liam's opinions on Stephanie do not mean that she has to throw rocks at Jakey, Raven and Bikki for their work. That was completely uncalled-for.

What I think and what my character Stephanie Fierce thinks of the birdies are two completely different things. My character feels like the birdies have done nothing but damage her. She feels like (HTC, IMA's and all other media outlets) have made her look nothing but a bad person who tries to get attention. Just like your character Kate has the right to talk about my character, my character has the right to talk about the Birdies. If you don't like me talking about the birdies don't bring up my character in a negative light because she will blame (the birdies, HTC awards and all other media outlets) for it.
Offline bikz  
#11 Posted : 21 December 2009 05:52:33(UTC)
bikz

Woman

stephaniewazhere wrote:
If you don't like me talking about the birdies don't bring up my character in a negative light because she will blame (the birdies, HTC awards and all other media outlets) for it.

OOC. Is the title of this thread "Duress"? I betcha if it was just Charlie's character and not mine, she'd say nothing about the Birdies, and blame Smash Reviews. If Stacy's character singled her out, time to spit on Spice Magazine. And so on.
UserPostedImage
#12 Posted : 21 December 2009 06:04:24(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

bikz wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
If you don't like me talking about the birdies don't bring up my character in a negative light because she will blame (the birdies, HTC awards and all other media outlets) for it.

OOC. Is the title of this thread "Duress"? I betcha if it was just Charlie's character and not mine, she'd say nothing about the Birdies, and blame Smash Reviews. If Stacy's character singled her out, time to spit on Spice Magazine. And so on.

No she will blame the birdies (HTC and other media outlets that talk about her without her knowing). Its just been recently since Stephanie Fierce started feeling like this about the Birdies (HTC and other award shows). And stop trying to make me look like the bad guy just because I talked bad about the birdies. I mentioned Hot Topic and HTC as well.

My characters is just making a specifications of what media outlets are making her look bad. It Is different if my character volunteers to be in magazine like Spice Magazine because she's more in control on what they are going to publish. That's the way Spice Magazine works. So will not spit on Spice Magazine.

Just shut up Bikz you're taking this a tad too seriously.
Offline PANIC!  
#13 Posted : 21 December 2009 06:07:09(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
"Let me see. Three birdies, over four million records sold, fourteen million singles sold, two sold out world tours. I know the other guys are too modest to say it but I'm confident enough to say that PANIC! had the best year above every other artist/band. I admit this wasn't our breakthrough year, that was back in '07 when we released 'MySpace Whore' and our third record 'Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner', but we were consistent this year. Even with all the bullshit that has been gone in with the band. As far as my solo career goes, I don't want to be considered as best or worst, I'm calling it biggest sell out of 2009. Which I don't consider it a bad thing since I've had a lot of fun this past year, despite the bumps in the road.

As far as other musician goes, from the top of my head, I think the best of this year has been Jakey Comatose, Billy Maddison had that amazing solo record early this year, The Lost even though they left the business pretty quickly had a good run, Failed Youth were great live, although I wasn't a fan of their music. GirlSpice were the best group of the year, and they will live on as the best female group ever. The few I've heard from Live Youth has been promising despite all the drama heard about this year from Gemma. Believe or not Dynamite, I think are miles ahead of all other female groups right now. Regan Futrell is a special musician, although I don't agree much with his 'rockstar' lifestyle, as a musician he is almost one-of-a-kind. He is a diverse artist.

The bad of the year, it's a lot. Clear Vision is abysmal, and when I thought it couldn't get worse I heard 'XXX-Mas'. The Chipmunks Chicks, or whatever the hell they are called are really bad, they're everything that's bad about pop music. Stephanie Fierce, I respect that she speaks her mind, but like I speak my mind but she sort-of goes over the top with her comments. I ain't arguing that she has had a successful year but as far as her music goes, even if I collaborate with her, I've been critical of her music and I'm a straight up guy, collaborating with her hasn't changed how I feel towards her music. Overall its been a bad year for pop, I mean there's been hints of good, like I mentioned before but I think pop needs some new fresh faces that aren't all about top 40 charts and catchy dance routines.
"

--.` Ryan Ross Hernandez.

(OOC: As far as roleplay goes 'Nobody Puts Baby in the Corner' was released in '07.)

UserPostedImage
Offline Mt. Epic  
#14 Posted : 21 December 2009 06:11:05(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
"Hey, come on, man. What we do to you? lol. People got opinions. I got one too. Those same three chords you play in all your songs gets annoying after a while."
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
#15 Posted : 21 December 2009 06:11:13(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Stephanie Fierce: That's it! upcoming blog not many artist on here are not going to like very much.
#16 Posted : 21 December 2009 06:12:14(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Mt. Epic wrote:
"Hey, come on, man. What we do to you? lol. People got opinions. I got one too. Those same three chords you play in all your songs gets annoying after a while."

stephanie fierce: Don't worry I got something really good to say to him and his music, which he claims to be so original and perfect.
Offline Mt. Epic  
#17 Posted : 21 December 2009 06:12:21(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Stephanie Fierce: That's it! upcoming blog not many artist on here are not going to like very much.

Mind if I chip in my 3 cents?
UserPostedImage

Offline The Nimrods  
#18 Posted : 21 December 2009 06:12:53(UTC)
The Nimrods

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 36 post(s)
OOC:NO ONE MENTIONED ME! Nah IDC

Davey: I think everyone's been good except the new artists they kinda suck haha
The Nimrods (Progressive Death Metal,Progressive Metal,Progressive Rock.Think Opeth/Dream Theater/Tool/Pink Floyd)
Jimmy Him- Lead Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Davey Matlock- Bass,Guitars,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Kit Saunders- Drums,additional percussion
Jaska Latvala- Rhythm Guitar,Vocals,Primary Songwriter
Jack Burton- Keyboards,Keytar

Satyr in the Frost(Melodic Black Metal,think Satyricon/Mayhem/Early Dimmu Borgir/Immortal)
Sigmund-Vocals and Rhythm guitar
Celt-Drums
Saxon-Lead Guitar
Sauron-Keyboard
Gris-Bass
Rincewind wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
I knew you'd be back! *cries*

now now, *hugs and steals wallet*

xNightsidex wrote:
Oops I stumbled over and hit the "extend ban" button.

UserPostedImage

Gildermershina wrote:
The Nimrods wrote:
xNightsidex wrote:
Sooo...

What's everyone else do in the real world?

Sell pot and jerk off

JK, or am i?

At the same time?

Rincewind wrote:
Synxhard wrote:
I don't believe in jeans...

well your shit out of luck because they believe in you.....

Offline Mt. Epic  
#19 Posted : 21 December 2009 06:14:14(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

stephaniewazhere wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

stephanie fierce: Don't worry I got something really good to say to him and his music, which he claims to be so original and perfect.

thnx, I mean, how isn't our music not original? We experiment with guitar-driven tracks, keyboard dance tunes, acoustic ballads, etc. If anything, our music would be more different than the same.
UserPostedImage

#20 Posted : 21 December 2009 06:16:00(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Mt. Epic wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

thnx, I mean, how isn't our music not original? We experiment with guitar-driven tracks, keyboard dance tunes, acoustic ballads, etc. If anything, our music would be more different than the same.

Stephanie Fierce: I think the Panic! group is amazing, but Ryan Ross Hernandez as a solo sell out artist with his over cliched pop songs, hmmm...... Let me get crackin.