logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bvgf  
#21 Posted : 16 March 2010 14:30:50(UTC)
bvgf

Groups: Registered
Man

Raining Suicide-Live From Lil Reds,Quebec,Canada

Raining Suicide are ready to go on stage even though theve never played in canada before.
Raining Suicide take a shot of tequila and rush on stage.Not one person gives them attention until Dean shouts in the microphone "HEY LOOK AT US BITCHES!"The club turns and the band burst into Give Me A Chair(So I Can Bash You).The song goes for about 4 minutes until someone throws a bottle on stage.It lands at Micheals feet."HEY,ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?! FINE THIS NEXT ONES DEDICATED TO THE GUY WITH THE MICROSOFT T-SHIRT!!"
The band plays their next song Kill.The man in the microsoft T-shirt throws another bottle.Micheal jumps in the crowd and bashes the man.
The Band leave the stage in a humvee outside.Not exactly a good first impression on Canada.

Setlist:
Give Me A Chair(So I Can Bash You)
Kill

Edited by user 16 March 2010 18:18:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Moquel  
#22 Posted : 16 March 2010 14:51:14(UTC)
Moquel

Was thanked: 1391 time(s) in 964 post(s)
" Can Holly replace Moquel in the battle?"
- Cassie, Agent.
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#23 Posted : 16 March 2010 20:02:24(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Moquel wrote:
" Can Holly replace Moquel in the battle?"
- Cassie, Agent.

OK.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline bikz  
#24 Posted : 17 March 2010 12:03:08(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Voting FAQ : Round One

So, now you are allowed to vote! But how does it work?

Well, say for example, these are two of the groups -
All Time Low
Jonas Brothers
James
Metallica

Bright Eyes
Britney Spears
Lady Gaga
You Me At Six

And then I post -
James
All Time Low
Metallica
Jonas Brothers

Bright Eyes
You Me At Six
Britney Spears
Lady Gaga

That means that I like James most and Jonas Brothers least out of the first group, and I like Bright Eyes most and Lady Gaga least out of the second group. So, if I had my way, Jonas Brothers and Lady Gaga would leave.

Anyway. You are judging on the bands' roleplays in this thread only, pick the best and worst shows in your opinion. (I can't stop you voting dishonestly or tactically to keep yourself and/or your friends in the game, but that's how it goes.) Do NOT PM any votes to me, post them in here, nothing's behind anyone's back. Groups are picked randomly, through such sophisticated technology as pulling bits of paper pulled out of a biscuit tin. (You get to eat the biscuits first.) If you haven't put your RP out, you can still roleplay during voting time, but are more likely to get voted up if you roleplay earlier - people may vote you down for not posting, which is frowned upon. Only people in the battle can vote, no spectator votes will be counted.

If you have any more questions, just ask in the thread, or PM me. (:

PS. Voted bottom of your group? Don't complain about it. Someone had to be. You might be in a tough group where you're all good, you might not have roleplayed, you might be the best of the lot and people are tactically voting you out, or you might completely suck. :P

Edited by user 17 March 2010 12:19:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline bikz  
#25 Posted : 17 March 2010 12:20:50(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Groups are now up on the first page. Begin voting as you wish! (:
UserPostedImage
Offline Synxhard  
#26 Posted : 17 March 2010 12:31:09(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Obviously based entirely off whos RP'd yet. Fuck strategy.

Mind
Black Gold Reign (Not a fan of putting myself in first, always bugs me for some reason. Plus the Mind rp was great)
Pilot
Superbad

The Rockers
Axiom This One is purely off popularity of band, cause so far none of em have RP'd.
Gethsemane
Masters Of Destruction

Suburban Sunrise
RRH
I spy Mudkipz
Infinite

Blood Of Wecz
Infidels!
Hollyzone
Before Angels Fall

Reckoner
Clear Vision
Raining Suicide
The Strom

Insolent Paradox
Greenleaf
Exit
Elsewhere

Edited by user 17 March 2010 12:31:48(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline MATTT  
#27 Posted : 17 March 2010 12:43:28(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
Mind
Black Gold Reign
Pilot
Superbad

Axiom
The Rockers
Gethsemane
Masters of Destruction

Saburben Sunrise(No one else in my grup posted a RP)
Infinite
I spy Mudkipz
Ryan Ross Hernandez

Blood Of Wecz
Hollyzone
The Infidels!
Before Angels Fall

Reckoner
Raining Suicide
The Storm
Clear Vision

Green Leaf
Insolent Paradox
Exit
Elsewhere
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#28 Posted : 17 March 2010 12:44:53(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
UserPostedImage

LIVE FROM TD GARDEN IN BOSTON / February 23rd, 2010

Right before the encore performance, a crew of cameramen, at least four are seen rushing up to the stage with big budget filming cameras on their shoulders. Leaving much of the sold-out crowd at the TD Garden in Boston bewildered as to what exactly is going on. The lights fully rise over the stage to show Ryan Ross Hernandez and his band back onstage ready to continue their performance, which causes the audience of 20,000 plus (mostly women between the ages of sixteen and mid-thirties) erupt in cheers. As his band starts to get their gear ready to play the final couple of songs of the night, Ryan decides to give the Boston crowd a little of his well-known banters.

Ryan Ross Hernandez: "Boston ladies, you having a good time so far?"

His fans increase the amount of cheers to respond to Hernandez's question. Ryan backs away from the microphone stand and lets out a small chuckle underneath his breath until the praise calms down.

Ryan: "You know, I got into town last night. And I spent the entire night from 8 PM until 2 in the morning at Newbury Street in Downtown Boston. It was me and most of the band you see here on this stage. Last night we stopped by every club and bar in Newbury. None of us got fucking wasted, I mean I barely drink and I especially don't drink when I got a show the night after 'cause it fucks up my voice, but that's not the point. Last night to every club and bar we went to, in each, there was around 20 drunk chicks in each. I don't mean the tipsy type shit, I mean the fucking drunk type that you'll be barfing for a week after that night. By seeing that I found out two things; One, Boston has a alcohol problem and two, even with so many drunk women and I still didn't get laid. And today I've spent most of the day thinking, 'Shit! I still haven't gotten laid in 2010'. But at the same time I thought, 'Hey! Maybe this is a sign that the next woman I date could be the one'. By 'the one', I don't mean the woman I marry but I mean the woman that I could actually date for a year or so.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I've gotten to the point in my life where I just don't want to settle for second-best. I don't want to waste a couple of months just to pass time and have sex on with girl I don't really feel anything for. And neither should any of you. 'Cause trust me people, loneliness fucking sucks! But you should never settle for a relationship you don't think is real just to not be lonely, just to have a body with a complex next to you. And that is my speech of the day.
"

The women again swoon over Hernandez's words, well then again they cheer for anything that comes out of his mouth. A crew member hands Ryan one out of the two hundred or so guitars in his collection. This time it is his custom-made, blue Fender Stratocaster/Telecaster hybrid.

Ryan: "So, I'm sure you are all wondering, 'What the fuck is Ryan up to with these cameras all over the stage?'. Most of you I'd phrase that. The guys that were dragged here by their girlfriends are yelling in their minds, 'Oh my god when well this fucking douche finish so my girl could fuck me in the car'. Well for all the dudes out here with their girlfriends, if my music is the soundtrack to your love-making or my music turns you're girl on I'm happy that my music is getting you laid even if it isn't getting me laid.

Back on topic. These big-time Hollywood cameramen, are here because I gotta record a little 15-minute snippet of one of my shows for a Battle of the Bands thingy. And I thought what better place to kick this off then in beautiful Boston, Massachusetts. So, don't let these cameras distract you all still have the fucking time of your life. And to all the guys just standing there next to their girlfriends that are going crazy for me, if I can even make you nod your head a little to one of these last tunes I've done my job. So let us get this shit outta the way.
"

The lights dim down once again, as an old time film countdown is shown across the huge screen standing high at the back of the stage.

UserPostedImage

A laid-back drum beat is played by drummer Steve Hurley, it is just played alone for a good 20-seconds or so before Ryan gets on the microphone again.

Ryan: "It ain't your TV, though it's fun to laugh at people sometimes. It ain't your computer, though it's nice to spend the whole night online. It's not your movies, I see the same damn storyline. It's only music now. It's only music now."

As soon as Ryan finishes his sentence a distorted low-pitched bassline joins in with the drums. Soon later Hernandez starts playing a quick and clean guitar riff, giving sign that he is starting to perform "Something's Missing," from his debut solo record. In a melodic tone he uses the wah-wah pedal before diving into singing. A red light illuminates the stage along with the limelight that was already in place. The basslines progress to a much cleaner tone while the drums don't change much from the start, only with the occasional cymbals added here and there. Ryan sings in a more registered deep voice rather than his regular falsetto vocal register. By the bridge, the performance turns into a all-out electric blues jam by then Ryan goes back to relying in his lady-loved falsetto voice. From there his vocals to very melodic charming from as low as Elvis Costello-like vocals to as high as Prince, probably Ryan giving a little shot at those who say he doesn't have range in his music since he relies on his falsetto for much of his music. Hernandez plays a guitar solo right before the outro, much quicker than the rest of the riffs he played during the progression of the song. Afterward his riffs slowdown, just enough that they echo through the arena. The well-known 'checklist' outro for "Something's Missing," is where it goes back-and-forth with the vocals from Ryan to the audience.

Ryan: (Crowd) "Famous friends (check)
Money (check)
A well slept bed (check)
Women (check)
Cars (check)
Millions of fans (check)
Messages waiting on me, when I come home (check)
"

The band goes into a really quick instrumental blues jam lead by Hernandez's relaxed guitar solo which he even sits down on an amplifier as he continues the solo. As soon as Ryan stops playing his guitar the rest of the band stops playing right in-sync. A great deal of cheers is given by the audience although it isn't known if it was for the song performance or for the many guitar solo's Hernandez layered into it.

UserPostedImage

Two crew members run onto the stage each with a stool that they set center stage over the rug covering Ryan's movement section on stage, as the guitar techs come as well handing Ryan his handed his custom wooden red-ish Martin D-18 large body dreadnought acoustic guitar. Robbie Ryan Harris is given a Gibson SJ-250 Monarch acoustic. They both take a sit as Robbie starts to tune his guitar, Ryan tells the crowd about the song they will be performing now.

Ryan: "This next song isn't by me but it is one of my all-time favorite and I've been trying to cover it for a well but we've had a tough time figuring out how we wanted to perform it since I can't sing it as high-pitched as the original performer can. The song I'm about to perform with the man sitting beside me now, the amazingly talented Robbie Ryan Harris. This tune is by one of the best rock artist of all time, this is a Tom Petty song. This is a song about being a bad boy, a heartbreaker 'cause of course I am one. (chuckles) This is "Free Fallin'" in my own little style. I hope you guys enjoy it."

Unlike the previous song, Ryan plays rhythm guitar instead of lead seemingly to focus more on his vocals. Nor does he play around with his vocals, singing with his falsetto vocal range. Thankfully for Ryan, a lot of fans now the song and are singing along with him adding a little something special to the already intimate performance. At the chorus point, Ryan's backing female vocalist sing along with him, seemingly to hide any fault Ryan could have with the difficult chorus although he doesn't go very much higher than his regular vocals of the rest of the song. By the breakdown of the song, Hernandez seems to notice that he has to finish off the song strong, with every note from the breakdown forward get a higher added pitch without any auto-tune or pitch-tuning nor do the backing vocalist join in. Ryan seems right on key tonight as his high-pitch vocals might even be sending goosebumps to the crowd in attendance. At that point is when Hernandez finally seems really into the song adding a bit of a guitar solo to the acoustic performance with so intensity that it was a miracle he didn't break-off a few strings off his acoustic guitar. Ryan finishes off the song a capella which what would be a challenge to most vocalist, he makes it look easy, echoing over the phrase "Free Fallin'" getting lower each time giving until it feeds out completely.

The audience give Hernandez a shower of applause and cheers, even louder than the one for the previous song. Ryan chuckles a bit to the crowd sort-of saying without any words, 'Shit, that sounded good'. Ryan motions with his hands for the audience to settle down, once they do Ryan leans over to the microphone again.

Ryan: "Thank you. You guys are awesome. Honestly, I was scared shitless to perform that especially the way the song was changed from the original one. So, thank you for enjoy it. Even if you just pretended to like it I'm happy with that. So, that is it for this recording crap, so wave goodbye to the camera. Who knows I might even win this Battle of the Bands because Boston fans are one of the best in the world."

Even more cheers are heard by the audience as the cameras fade to black.

Setlist:
Something's Missing
Free Fallin' (Acoustic) (Tom Petty cover)

--. END ROUND ONE RP

(OOC: Hope I got this in on time. :/)

Edited by user 17 March 2010 13:03:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#29 Posted : 17 March 2010 17:30:42(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
(OOC: Sorry this is late, I am on spring break this week and have been busy)

The lights flip on as the camera slowly focuses in on a cluttered room. There is a piano in one corner, a drum set in another, several guitars and a bass off to the side, and microphones scattered throughout. From behind the camera voices can be heard.

"Is... is it on and set up," says Mike.

"Yea, it looks fine lets get out there and do our thing," says Tim.

As they step in front of the camera Mike goes to sit down behind the piano while Tim moves forward to address the camera. We are Axiom and this is our first round submission for the Delta Tau Battle of the Bands. We have prepared a special setlist of three songs, including some never before released material. After the brief introduction Tim sits behind the drum set.

"This one is called Starlight Sonata," says Mike from behind the piano.

Mike begins playing a classical introduction moving into a haunting run of arpeggios. As the arpeggios pick up intensity light drums accent the roots of each new scale. The moving and powerful ballad comes to a head as Mike begins singing over top. His voice is delicate and light taking special care to avoid overpowering the song.

"The darkest days lie behind. Joy will come as we move on and fly into the night." sings Mike.

A soulful piano solo carries the song to its end. Tim gets up from the drum set and moves over to pick up one of the electric guitars scattered about. Immediately he begins tearing into a bluesy riff. Mike follows on the piano adding minor embellishments of his own. As the guitar riff winds down a percussive piano solo rises over top. Intense and quick, Mike does his best delta blues impression to improvise and craft his solo. Winding down the piano begins to vamp chords as Tim begins to play a Clapton-esque solo. Full of bends and vibrato Tim makes his guitar sing. Finally the familiar riff of Just Got to Be by the Black Keys. Tim sings the song flawlessly and tears into the chorus.

UserPostedImage

"I've got to go because something's opened my mind, and it won't get better, no matter how hard I try. Whoa, yeah! You just got to be, the best thing for me," sings Tim.

As they close the song Tim looks at the clock and gives Mike a quick glance. Tim turns to address the camera.

"So we spent more time on the intro to that song than we planned for. We aren't going to be able to play a third song since we are already a little over time. I hope you enjoyed this show and please vote for us in the Battle of the Bands," says Tim as the scene goes dark.

Setlist
Starlight Sonata
Just Got to Be (Black Keys cover)

Edited by user 18 March 2010 03:45:08(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline TheCDs  
#30 Posted : 17 March 2010 17:48:37(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Current votes, of course this can change as more RPs are added. As of now anyone who didn't rp is ranked at the bottom of their group, if more than one band didn't rp in a group I did my best to search for previous recent rps to make a decision.

Black Gold Reign
Mind
Pilot
$uperbad

Axiom
The Rockers
Gethsemane
Masters of Destruction

Ryan Ross Hernandez
Saburben Sunrise
Infinite
I Spy Mudkipz

The Infidels!
Blood Of Wecz
Holly Zona
Before Angels Fall

Reckoner
Clear Vision
Raining Suicide
the strom

Exit
Insolent Paradox
Green Leaf
Elsewhere

Edited by user 20 March 2010 05:45:22(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline troy211619  
#31 Posted : 17 March 2010 23:47:52(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Here's my vote:
Mind(Both Mind and BGR RPs were great, really can't decide so I let some friends read both rps and they voted Mind's so I went with it...)
Black Gold Reign(Sorry Synxhard)
Pilot
$uperbad

Axiom(the only one in the group to make an RP)
The Rockers
Gethsemane
Masters Of Destruction

Ryan Ross Hernandez(great rp dude, now I'm threatened, lol!)
Suburban Sunrise
Infinite
I Spy Mudkipz

Blood Of Wecz
Infidels!
Hollyzone
Before Angels Fall

Reckoner(Im not being bias, I based this part on everyone's vote)
Clear Vision(Sorry Mt. Epic)
Raining Suicide
The Strom

Insolent Paradox
Greenleaf
Exit
Elsewhere
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Marksy  
#32 Posted : 18 March 2010 04:28:26(UTC)
Marksy

Man

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 113 post(s)
I Spy Mudkipz' Offical Video for DTBOTB4

Live from Bristol 02 Academy

As a large number of fans, both of the band and the main act Zzzonked wait and talk with a low level of general chatting and hype of the two bands, the attmosphere changes as the lights suddenly go out with no warning. The darkness is quickly replaced by strobe lights aiming towards both the stage and the members of the crowd who are already chanting "I Spy Mudkipz!" towards the empty stage. A low keyboard loop is heard that rapidly turns into a full song, and as smoke begans to fill the stage the outline of the band is seen, only for the people closest to the stage. "Are you people ready!?" Shouts lead vocalist Michael Barrett, to the screams of the fans, he takes this as a yes and shouts "Lets get this party started!" going straight into the opening track 'Launch It' which gets the whole venue almost shaking with movement, guitarist Adam White climbs onto his amp and begins to play from ontop, whilst jumping up and down like a maniac. The crowd follow the same fashion with mosh pits and dancing occuring all around the venue. Towards the end of the first song keyboardist 'Gemma Handley' takes over the lead vocals as Michael jumps into the crowd to keep make them go even crazier.

"You guys are insane!" Says Michael after getting back onto the stage, "Keep this up and the whole venue will be destroyed, just how we like it." With this the band begin to play fan favourite Vampires Live In My Brain which the start is only just able to be heard over the screams of the fans, the majority of which would have only heard this song before tonight. "We want you, to do whatever you can, just keep moving!" Bassist Scott Chamberlin-Wibbeke tells the crowd as the song gets to it's fastest stages, Gemma seems hands are a blur on the keyboard which is providing the majority of the song. As Adam White jumps from the amp that he has remained on for the most part of the gig, you can see the crowd starring at him with amusement and evny at how he doesn't care if he gets hurt.

"We've got suprise for everyone here tonight, we've been listening to this band since we were all about 10, you might have heard this song, it's all OMEN!" Michael shoutes to the crowd. Gemma plays the beginning loop and already the crowd have gone another step up from the song before with the venue turning into one large circle pit, with nearly 100% of the whole crowd involved. Michael spends the majority of the song jumping around and going towards the crowd, teasing them, before being pushed in by Adam who is seen to be laughing at what he has done, as the song begins to fade out Michael gets back onto the stage and says "We thank you for coming to see us, we hope to play for you again in the future, have a goodnight!" With the stage going dark as suddenly as the lights came on and smoke enters the stage once again, the crowd are all chanting and screaming, ready for the main act.

UserPostedImage
Scott Chamberlin Wibbeke [Bass] (Left), Michael Barrett [Vocals] (Center/Front), Gemma Handley [Keyboards] (Center/Back)

UserPostedImage
Michael Barrett during Vampires Live In My Brain

Setlist
Live To Die Introduction (Instrumental)
Launch It
Vampires Live In My Brain
Omen (The Prodigy Cover)
Offline genocidal king  
#33 Posted : 18 March 2010 04:36:04(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
The votes from me are in...

Black Gold Reign (both they and Mind were entirely equal in my view, and both bands are great, so i just did a random close my eyes and point at the screen)
Mind (sorry dude)
Pilot
$uperbad

Axiom(still the only one in the group to make an RP)
The Rockers
Gethsemane
Masters Of Destruction

Ryan Ross Hernandez
I Spy Mudkipz
Suburban Sunrise
Infinite

Blood Of Wecz (I think Im the only one to RP so far, plus I kinda liked my RP anyway :p)
Holly Zona
Infidels!
Before Angels Fall

Reckoner
Clear Vision
Raining Suicide
The Strom

Exit
Insolent Paradox
Greenleaf
Elsewhere
UserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#34 Posted : 18 March 2010 04:46:43(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Sorry, but my schoolwork is bad today, two tests, a project, 3 quizzes, and a report. So my RP will either be really late, or not at all. Sorry Bikz.

Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline PANIC!  
#35 Posted : 18 March 2010 05:42:02(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Black Gold Reign
Mind
Pilot
$uperbad

Axiom
The Rockers
Masters of Destruction
Gethsemane

Ryan Ross Hernandez
I Spy Mudkipz
Saburben Sunrise
Infinite

Blood Of Wecz
Holly Zona
Before Angels Fall
The Infidels!

Reckoner
Clear Vision
the strom
Raining Suicide

Insolent Paradox
Green Leaf
Exit
Elsewhere
UserPostedImage
Offline old.gregg  
#36 Posted : 18 March 2010 06:06:47(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I can't vote cause I'm not involved, but sending my support to my buddies Ryan Ross and Blood Of Wecz - fucking amazing!

- Jakey

OOC: Some really good roleplays here, guys, especially kudos to PANIC! - yours was one of the best there's been in a while!
-
Offline bikz  
#37 Posted : 18 March 2010 06:12:41(UTC)
bikz

Woman

old.gregg wrote:
I can't vote cause I'm not involved, but sending my support to my buddies Ryan Ross and Blood Of Wecz - fucking amazing!

- Jakey

OOC: Some really good roleplays here, guys, especially kudos to PANIC! - yours was one of the best there's been in a while!

As you know full well from co-winning it that one time Jakey, the competitive spirit can kick even the best bands into stretching themselves to being the VERY best.
Good luck everyone,
-Katie.

OOC : I must agree, highest first-round standard I've ever seen! (:
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#38 Posted : 18 March 2010 06:13:01(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
old.gregg wrote:

- Jakey

Thanks for the support Jakey! Very much appreciated man!

Ryan Lee
BoW
UserPostedImage
Offline Synxhard  
#39 Posted : 18 March 2010 06:31:57(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Quote:
Black Gold Reign(Sorry Synxhard)

OOC: No need to say sorry, man. Anyway, the RRH RP is the fucking most fantastic thing I've seen in recent time. Am I allowed to alter my votes, cause I feel like he deserves more than second just because I voted before he RP'd.
Offline ExitMusic  
#40 Posted : 18 March 2010 07:22:35(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

OOC: Had trouble with the Internet so sorry about it being late.

Exit Live At Heaton Park, Manchester

Exit decided to record their video at Heaton Park in Manchester, the venue to which Oasis played to around 100,000 people. A larger number was expected this afternoon as this gig was free entry and Exit have fastly become a major band across the globe. This video features only 17 minutes of the two hour gig, which is a huge feat for a band with only two albums released:

UserPostedImage
Mike warms up the crowd with a chorus of 'Ole Ole Ole Ole's'

Mike talks to the crowd and starts a chorus of 'Ole Ole Ole Ole's' while the rest of the band tune their guitars, he then goes into singing the start of the hit single 'Three Months' by Mike singing the first line, after this he leaves the crowd to finish the opening of the song. Mike rejoins as the lead guitar, bass and drums kick in and the crowd go radio mental as the the Mike sings the chorus "She's had three in three months she thinks it's an achievement, the type who flirts with other blokes at family bereavements." The end of the song is greeted by cheers and claps as Mike introduces the band to the crowd(as if they didn't already know, followed by announcing that their latest single would be the song they played next, 'This Hedonist'. The catchy nature of the song had the indie kids dancing while others joined in, as Wigans heroes (although it doesn't take much) had the crowd eating from their hands.

UserPostedImage
She's a bit of...sorry the crowd go wild as the band are performing latest single 'This Hedonist'

Mike tells the crowd that they need to liven up a bit. Obviously he is fucking about, they are going crazy. "This next one is Shoelaces. We wish Jakey could be here but he's in a bit of a state, so this ones for Jakey." They begin to play as the crowd clap to the rhythm('cause no one has rhythm like us bitch!). The video catches a glimpse of Bills drumkit which has the words 'The Funk Might Fracture Your Nose' printed upon it...We'd like to say this has meaning, but it really doesn't. The song ends as the crowd chant 'Exit Exit Exit' as Mike harps up with a sarcy comment 'Hopefully that's were some of you are heading. There are some faces in this crowd, I feel sorry for you, dearly...I'm joking, really."

UserPostedImage
Indeed

Bills drums kick off Exit's first ever single 'Pride' as the bass slowly joins in followed by the rhythm guitar and then the lead guitar. Finally Mike adds his lyrics to the song, and surprisingly an edited firstline to the song as he sings "Well they might wear classic reeboks, knackered converse or Burberry or Hackett tops, but all of that's what the point is not, the points that there ain't no romance around there." These are obviously the lyrics to the Arctic Monkeys song 'A Certain Romance' as Mike continues with the original lyrics to the song after these words. The crowd join in through every word to this sing-a-long song until the final 40 seconds which is an all out free for all as to who can make the most noise with their instrument...Mike wins as he starts to shout down his microphone "MANCHESTER WANK WANK WANK" as he has a known allegiance to Merseyside football team Everton, safe to say Manchester and Liverpool don't have a good relationship, however the crowd see this as light hearted as it was intended as the rest of the gig continues with Mike jumping into the crowd, the video cuts...

UserPostedImage
Mike 'dipping his feet' so to speak before attempting to jump into the crowd.

Exit Played:

Three Months
This Hedonist
Shoelaces(Not Ft. Jakey Comatose)
Pride
To The City
Jazz Hand
Answer Me
Guests
Parallelism
Love and Hate
Goodison Nights
Dirty Cobbles
Pussy In The Trifle
My Low
Pathetic Fallacy
Funny Cigarettes
Town In Recluse

Encore:
I Don't Remember
By The River

Edited by user 18 March 2010 07:33:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Exit: Indie Rock, Alternative Rock, Punk...