logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 02 April 2010 23:00:39(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
20TH INTERNATIONAL MUSIC AWARDS
14/4/2010; Kettlechip Academy, Bristol, UK

Yupyupyup, here we go again! (: 20 times strong .... who would believe it!?

The categories are ....
Best Band
Best Solo Artist
Best Newcomer
Best Artwork
Best Album
Best Single
Best Live Act
Best Gig/Tour/Festival
Most Attractive Male
Most Attractive Female
Best Record Label/Management
Best Personality

And the judges are (a lot of first-timers here!) ....
Raven Comatose
Johnny Johnson (The Rockers)
Max Armstrong (The Junction)
Clint Walkingshaw (Pilot)
Jason Smith (Mind)
Moquel
Ryan Ross Hernandez
Regan Futrell
Matt Carver (Black Gold Reign)
Jimmy Him (The Nimrods)
Troy Mascenon (Reckoner)

How to judge - e-mail Jakey Comatose (OOC : PM your votes to old.gregg, DO NOT POST IMAS VOTES IN PUBLIC - this is known as "pulling a Willfybaby" and is very much laughed at) with a set of 1-3 votes for every category listed above. You may choose anything as long as 1. it exists and 2. it fits the category. Please send in your votes on or before 8th April 2010. Also, no self-nomination please.

How to help the judges - just show yourself off, be shameless as hell (assuming that hell is extremely shameless). Nobody'll mind, everyone'll be doing it. Plugging may not get you nominated, but it increases your chances by quite a lot. (OOC : When posting images, please be careful. Not everyone has, in the immortal words of stephaniewazhere, "lightning peed internet". Please post smaller pictures and/or montages, and if you have a lot of pictures, link some of them - or you will be SO moderated.)

On a side note, we thank Javen for doing their jobs as vote-counter and head judge, but they are stepping down as presenters for personal/medical reasons. The presenters for the 20th IMAs will be Lewis Mason and myself (Bikki Hetestien).

Thankyou!
-bikz x

Edited by user 05 April 2010 07:27:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Laurelles1  
#2 Posted : 02 April 2010 23:03:10(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Jason: Wow. I'm ACTUALLY a judge.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#3 Posted : 02 April 2010 23:16:30(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8675 time(s) in 2721 post(s)
"Awesome I'm a judge. Thanks Bikz."
- Max Armstrong
Offline Laurelles1  
#4 Posted : 02 April 2010 23:20:45(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

OOC: Just out of interest... can I still shamelessly plug myself?
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#5 Posted : 02 April 2010 23:23:29(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Laurelles1 wrote:
OOC: Just out of interest... can I still shamelessly plug myself?

OOC : Short answer - yes.
Long answer - yes, mate. (:
UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Laurelles1  
#6 Posted : 02 April 2010 23:27:30(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

OOC: Oh lovely. In that case... vote Mind!
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Aj  
#7 Posted : 03 April 2010 00:43:18(UTC)
Aj

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Best Band: Failed Youth

Failed Youth this year have gone from strength to strength, releasing a charity album that got some of the biggest names in the industry involved which has to date raised nearly £40 million for charity, a stunning achievement for a band that two years ago practically nobody had heard of. Not only that but they have consistently released chart topping hits, with twelve number 1's with their albums all across the world, and 17 million copies being sold and 30 million singles being sold. Not only that but they are also the second highest ticket selling bands in the world for the past year**, with almost 97 million tickets being sold. Their energetic live performances, tortured and emotional vocals, fast paced and vicious guitar riffs and massive drum beats have earned them much recognition in the past year and are now one of the biggest names in the industry. Put punk back on top.

**ooc: Since TRSG has been back up, and only involving RP bands and artists. Damn you Steph.

Best Album: Failed Youth - Holy Fuck! It's Failed Youth!

All details on the album (RP) are here: http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=3541
All details on the album (IG) are here: http://www.therockstarga...o_album.asp?AlbumID=4578

Offline Laurelles1  
#8 Posted : 03 April 2010 00:58:34(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Actually, I better do mine aswell.

Best Newcomer/ Band: Mind

Since Mind joined this crazy, crazy industry, they've been working non-stop and have managed to make it with the big guns of the 2010 metal revolution. They've explored almost every crook and nanny of rock and metal, ranging from Hardcore Punk to Psychadelic Rock to Black Metal. They've also managed to pull up at the front of the Battle of the Bands (probably for a very, very brief time, but ah well.) All 3 albums released thus far have been critically successful. The vocal and guitar ranges and sounds used are immense, going from high pitched pterodactyl squeals to clean singing and then back to death grunts. The live performances are always delivered energetically and tongue-in-cheek, with clowns stage diving and various different costumes being used. Heavy. Fucking. Metal.

Most Attractive Male: Jason Smith of Mind

UserPostedImage
One bug hairy lump of pure sex.

Best Album: The Juggernaut

A thoughtful, emotional concept album based on different ranges of sci-fi, The Juggernaut combines the brutality of old-school death metal and the intricacy of progressive/ space rock. From the bombastic Lyophilisation to the hardcore The Snake and the Pearl, this should be one to remember.

More info for that is: http://www.therockstargame.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=3564
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#9 Posted : 03 April 2010 01:09:12(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Well all of my votes are in.
- Max Armstrong
Offline Laurelles1  
#10 Posted : 03 April 2010 01:10:11(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: Yeah, i'll give it a couple of days, see who plugs the best.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#11 Posted : 03 April 2010 01:12:46(UTC)
bikz

Woman

Laurelles1 wrote:
One bug hairy lump of pure sex.

OOC : Sigged! :P

IC -
Dame Katie Kairiri recommends that all judges check these out when considering their Best Live Act nominees.
First Heat : http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=3990
Second Heat : http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=4044
Third Heat : http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=4091
Quarter Finals : http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=4157

Edited by user 03 April 2010 01:15:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#12 Posted : 03 April 2010 01:16:06(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Laurelles1 wrote:
Jason: Yeah, i'll give it a couple of days, see who plugs the best.

OOC: I did my votes based on previous roleplays, I went all the way back to October 09.
I thought it was better to do it that way rather than see who can plug the best.

Edited by user 03 April 2010 01:19:18(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Taylr  
#13 Posted : 03 April 2010 02:07:22(UTC)
Taylr

Man

Was thanked: 133 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Best Band - Dead Roses. since 2001 (ooc: I know I've been around since 2007 but 7 albums in three years is odd :P), all 7 of their albums have reached the top 100 in some area of the world, and have reached #7 in the UK for Friends That Can Fade, also they are finishing their band this year at the Aftermath festival and still have never won anything, yes, feel sorry for us. :P - Matt.

Best Album - Friends That Can Fade - Reaching #7 in the UK, #55 in the USA and #137 world-wide, this is by far the best selling Dead Roses album ever. Selling almost 1 million copies, so it's a platinum in the UK from 509,721 sales but not even a platinum in the USA from 399,277 sales.

Best Single - You've Got The Gun - Top 50 in the UK, USA and Canada, and in the top 130 everywhere else, and #67 world-wide, this could be the best single of Dead Roses' 9 year run as a band. The single features the original version of the song, a live version from from Midsummer Mashfest '09 and an acoustic version on BBC Radio One's Live Lounge.

Best Collaboration - One Man Down, One World Left to Go - Dead Roses and Moronic Changling.

Best Live Act - Dead Roses - We'll make you laugh with Matt's Princess-Guy act jokes, we'll play at our best, and what else do you need :D. - Taylor.

Best Gig/Tour/Festival - Aftermath.

Most Attractive Male - Any of the Dead Roses members, if you wanna see some non nude photos, click these links underneath. - Matt.

Matthew, Taylor, Jay, Callum, Damien.

Best Record Label/Management - Obviously going for our record label, MoltoV. - Jay.

Best Personality - Any of the band members, we are all lovely people, untill we're sober. :P Kidding. - Matt.

Edited by user 04 April 2010 04:55:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline troy211619  
#14 Posted : 03 April 2010 03:38:22(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Troy: Wow, I'm a judge, and I didn't even sign up for it, it's cool though..
(OOC:Now to plug Reckoner up!)

Reasons for Reckoner to be nominated in the Birdies:

Best Newcomer-Reckoner have proven themselves to be one of the best breakthrough artists, energetic live performances which don't include crazy stunts like fireworks or burning band members but simple yet groundbreaking musical performances, musically dedicated and gifted members(like JC who could play the trombone, piano, electric guitar, violin, cello, drums, glockenspiel, and even the harmonica) a strong debut album "Ïnvisible" which has received much critical praise from both the media and people inside the music industry, sold over a million copies and has stayed on the top 100 charts for over 10 weeks(ingame)..

Best Live Act-Reckoner are a simple band and do not need to get killed on stage to get the attention of the crowd, instead they captivate the crowd with their music, Carl's awesome guitar work combined with Tristan's heavy drum beats, JPC's groovy bass lines, JC's crazy guitar solos and Troy's amazing vocal range are all you need when you go to a Reckoner show. The band have sold out venues all over the UK and are yet to perform outside the country on Jakey Comatose's Negative Tour. Even back in the day when they were still known as Project: MK Ultra, the band have been known in Teignmouth as "that crazy band", the name was coined once they played in a small club with only 3 people as their audience, but the band never ceased to entertain.

Best Underground Artist-Reckoner have received much critical praise for their work, but they are yet to conquer the world with their music. The band's first single Negative was banned in the US for the controversial music video, this has hindered the band's progress but they continue to struggle through the industry no matter what challenges they face.

Best Band- I know the band isn't that big yet, nor are they to be compared to the great bands like Quarantine, Pilot, The Nimrods and the others, but they do have potential. The band has expressed their dedication to the music industry and through everything they have been through, they still end the day with smiles on their faces. I think that they should at least get nominated for the Best Band category mainly because of their music which has reached out to thousands of people throughou the country and the world.
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline Synxhard  
#15 Posted : 03 April 2010 04:14:30(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Here we go: (All Black Gold Reign Of Course)

Best Newcomer: In the past year, Black Gold Reign have risen from touring shit venues on the West Coast to booking massive tours with the likes of Mind and Blood Of Wecz. Instead of rambling on about how great these dudes are, I'm gonna present you with the cold hard facts: 'Archetype', the debut album by BGR, is THE #1 HIGHEST SELLING DEBUT ALBUM, EVER (Yes, I went through 86 other albums on the ingame best selling albums chart), reaching an astounding 4 & A HALF MILLION COPIES SOLD. They've played to 37 MILLION PEOPLE IN THE LAST 4 MONTHS, and have had 3 singles ENTER THE TOP 100 BEST SELLING SINGLES OF ALL TIME. They also are planning a soon to be released cover album, featuring many special guests from the likes of Mind, etc. Now tell me they don't deserve the Best Newcomer award.

Best Album: Archetype By Black Gold Reign Click Here To See How I Worked My Ass Off (Still In Progress).

Best Art: Archetype

UserPostedImage

Best Live Act: Click Here, yeah, I know it isn't finished, but I'm working on another one.

Best Personality: Jimmy Sullivan Of Black Gold Reign - Click Here (Still working on this one, haven't given up)
Offline MATTT  
#16 Posted : 03 April 2010 05:10:17(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
OOC: can you nominate more than one for a catagory
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#17 Posted : 03 April 2010 05:15:55(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
Best Solo Artist:

Ryan Ross Hernandez

Best Artwork:

UserPostedImage

Best Album:

Dark Secret Love by, Ryan Ross Hernandez
Final Sales: 4,468,781

"The album is called Dark Secret Love and that's because it incorporates a lot of the lessons, a lot of the observations, and a little bit of advice. Like a heartbreak handbook."

In Game Info: http://www.therockstarga...o_album.asp?AlbumID=2797

RP Info: http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=3216

Best Single:

"A Never-Ending Trip to Heartbreak" by, Ryan Ross Hernandez
Final Sales: 1,784,474

In Game Info: http://www.therockstarga...single.asp?SingleID=8492

Lyrical Meaning

"The first track off the album, and I think it was like the second or third song I wrote for the record. After I had written it I knew I had a direction for the record. It sort-of brought together, very cohesively what I was trying to achieve with the idea of heartbreak and love, sort-of bringing that war-feel to a heartbreak. When you can't get through to somebody by loving them, the next choice is to get through to them hurting them and that is what A Never-Ending Trip to Heartbreak, is about. I don't recommend it. I'd recommend full-on global thermal nuclear war, before I'd recommend trying to make a lady jealous on purpose. It doesn't end well."

Music and structure

The song marked some changes from the music that Ryan Ross Hernandez was known for, which was the soft blues influence in his previous albums. Songs like this song from Dark Secret Love, along with "Love Is Really Nothing But a Dream" and "Fight On Until the Darkness Over Takes Us" went more towards Hernandez's more rock-oriented sound, which he showed more on Dark Secret Love.

Musically, the guitar riff and overall sound are very similar to the U2 song "Bad". Hernandez has admitted that while "A Never-Ending Trip to Heartbreak" may in fact resemble "Bad", he was not intentionally referencing it while composing his song.

Best Live Act

Ryan Ross Hernandez, is known for having many banters with his audience at a show. Most banters are very dirty, about sex, women. Some not so raunchy banters are when he speaks out on the media, his fan base, current events. Hernandez can be as serious and soulful at a show just as easily as he can be playful and make many suggestive jokes about sex and his penis.

At live shows, for most songs, Hernandez adds a very bluesy/soulful guitar solos to his tracks that go on much longer than the studio versions giving it a unique sound live to each. Ryan's collection of over 200 guitars, that he brings out on the road with him call for him to change guitars between every song he performance. He can easily be playing a acoustic tune one second, to a rock tune another and finish a show off with a gospel outro that gets the whole crowd singing along.

Most Attractive Male

The sexiest, most stylist motherf*cker in the industry right now.

Ryan Ross Hernandez
UserPostedImage

Most Attractive Female

Ashley Perry
http://www1.pictures.zim...estival+3k_A0mOAOQZl.jpg

Best Personality

Ryan Ross Hernandez
(Just read any of his interviews.)

Info: http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=3746
Info: http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=3450
UserPostedImage
Offline MATTT  
#18 Posted : 03 April 2010 05:32:21(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Best New Artist-Saburben Sunrise(OOC:And yes it is supposed to be spelt that way)
Saburben Sunrise should be nominated as best new artist because they have spent little time geting out there and releaseing singles and albums. Although their first and second single didnt reach the charts their first full length album is due to reach the charts. During their performances they are not afraid to cover songs as shown in BOTB where they covered 4 different songs. They have been touring ever since they first came on to the music scene. And will continue touring through late May early June.

UserPostedImage

Most Attractive Male- James or Dan from the walls
UserPostedImage

Most Attractive Female- Briana Risk
http://www.therockstarga....aspx?g=posts&t=4154
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#19 Posted : 03 April 2010 05:35:00(UTC)
bikz

Woman

MATTT wrote:

OOC : Yes, you can plug more than one thing/person for the same category. (Remember, plugging doesn't necessarily mean you'll be in the nominees, but you're like a million times more likely to get nominated if you do plug.)
UserPostedImage
Offline MATTT  
#20 Posted : 03 April 2010 05:37:24(UTC)
MATTT

Man

bikz wrote:
MATTT wrote:

OOC : Yes, you can plug more than one thing/person for the same category. (Remember, plugging doesn't necessarily mean you'll be in the nominees, but you're like a million times more likely to get nominated if you do plug.)

Ok Thanks :)
MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage