logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline forkboy  
#61 Posted : 25 July 2010 12:09:27(UTC)
forkboy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
You know, whenever I feel down I really should remind myself to read this thread from start to finish because boy does sharinganerror's wacko nonsense make me feel damn smart and superior.

This thread is just great. I can't believe I missed first time his nugget that he can't believe in evolutionary theory because he's never seen it happen. And yet he's a bloody fundamentalist Christian. Has he ever seen his deity? I wonder...He does seem like the sort who'd speak in tongues.
Offline Rodney81  
#62 Posted : 25 July 2010 17:58:48(UTC)
Rodney81

forkboy wrote:
Rodney81 wrote:
Science isn't a religion, it's THE religion. Science is the reason to how, and not why, and without it, there wouldn't be religion. And I'm agnostic btw, if ppl want to know where i come from.

OK, you can't just say this and it be ignored. I demand explanation and clarification. How exactly do you come to the conclusion that religion wouldn't be possible without science? Because I mean that just does not make sense to me so what am I missing here?

I don't believe in any religion, but wut I do believe in is that however everything was made was the result of science. If there was a religion, then all the makings and so called "miracles" that these religions brought about to have made such lifestyles in today's society be possible was through science. Science is the reason as to how, and not why, so I guess my previous state is half right.
Offline forkboy  
#63 Posted : 25 July 2010 22:03:00(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Yeah, but science fails the religion test. People don't just blindly follow science, it is anathema to religion.