logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

660 Pages«<221222223224225>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline infinite135  
#4441 Posted : 14 September 2010 04:45:13(UTC)
infinite135

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Laurelles1 wrote:
Jason: Eric Johnson? Isn't he that guitar virtuoso dude who did Cliffs of Dover?

Eric: Was he really? I like that song, didn't know a guy with the same name as me played it. Anyways, I like Quillington better. It pisses people off when they're trying to write it, the facial expressions are priceless.
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline C4AJoh  
#4442 Posted : 14 September 2010 04:46:09(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8683 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
TheCDs wrote:
C4AJoh wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
C4AJoh wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
C4AJoh wrote:
Stacey: Hey how's it going Tim, I heard your touring with Matt and the guys from Saburben Sunrise.

Tim: Yea, yea we are. It was kind of cool actually. We were honored when they asked us to headline the tour, it takes a lot of balls to ask someone else to headline a tour you organized.

Stacey: Yeah Matt's a good guy, I'll see if I can get to one of the shows, sounds like it will be pretty huge.

Tim: Yea, you could be my personal guest if you wanted.
Tim leaned in a bit as he said this, obviously trying to make his intentions clear

Stacey: Yeah, we could have some fun, I'm sure the show will be good also. (*Winks) after all English Girls Are Easy.

Tim: Sounds like a plan. I didn't know that about English girls though, maybe we should tour the UK more often. Laughs

Stacey: Yeah man, give them a couple of Vodka's and it's like take your pick. I'm not as easy I'm just single, there's a difference I think.
Offline TheCDs  
#4443 Posted : 14 September 2010 04:46:46(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
C4AJoh wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
C4AJoh wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
C4AJoh wrote:
TheCDs wrote:
C4AJoh wrote:
Stacey: Hey how's it going Tim, I heard your touring with Matt and the guys from Saburben Sunrise.

Tim: Yea, yea we are. It was kind of cool actually. We were honored when they asked us to headline the tour, it takes a lot of balls to ask someone else to headline a tour you organized.

Stacey: Yeah Matt's a good guy, I'll see if I can get to one of the shows, sounds like it will be pretty huge.

Tim: Yea, you could be my personal guest if you wanted.
Tim leaned in a bit as he said this, obviously trying to make his intentions clear

Stacey: Yeah, we could have some fun, I'm sure the show will be good also. (*Winks) after all English Girls Are Easy.

Tim: Sounds like a plan. I didn't know that about English girls though, maybe we should tour the UK more often. Laughs

Stacey: Yeah man, give them a couple of Vodka's and it's like take your pick. I'm not as easy I'm just single, there's a difference I think.

Tim: That's fine, its more fun when you have to play the game and work at it.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline Laurelles1  
#4444 Posted : 14 September 2010 04:48:24(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
infinite135 wrote:
Laurelles1 wrote:
Jason: Eric Johnson? Isn't he that guitar virtuoso dude who did Cliffs of Dover?

Eric: Was he really? I like that song, didn't know a guy with the same name as me played it. Anyways, I like Quillington better. It pisses people off when they're trying to write it, the facial expressions are priceless.

Jason: Yeah, I was originally going to take on my Ecuadorian mothers name of Olivierez, because it was more interesting, but I decided Smith was probably easier. Anyway, congrats on the number 1!
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#4445 Posted : 14 September 2010 04:50:40(UTC)
TheCDs

Tim: Hey Jason, while I got your ear for a second after we finish our new album and this tour we should see about hooking Axiom and Mind up in the studio. We don't have to guarantee a release but really just see what happens, I mean we have some similar tastes in music, we both like to think of ourselves as progressive. It might be awesome, it might suck, but it should definitely be fun.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline Laurelles1  
#4446 Posted : 14 September 2010 04:52:16(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: Yeah man, I'd love that! It'd blend really well actually, when you think about it... this could be epic.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline infinite135  
#4447 Posted : 14 September 2010 04:56:47(UTC)
infinite135

Man

After downing the shot of whisky, Eric's face turns white, and his eyes become slightly unfocused. After several seconds, he reverts to normal.

Eric: Jesus christ, that's some strong stuff. Thanks, though, Jason; being number 1 for a week is amazing! If you guys are planning some sort of collaboration, though, let me know if you need any help!
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline Laurelles1  
#4448 Posted : 14 September 2010 04:58:10(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: Imagine Mind, Axiom and Infinite... oooh, this is gonna rock! Are you okay there though? Lookin' a little pale.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#4449 Posted : 14 September 2010 04:59:50(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

infinite135 wrote:
After downing the shot of whisky, Eric's face turns white, and his eyes become slightly unfocused. After several seconds, he reverts to normal.

Eric: Jesus christ, that's some strong stuff. Thanks, though, Jason; being number 1 for a week is amazing! If you guys are planning some sort of collaboration, though, let me know if you need any help!

Stacey is now on her 6th beer and is clearly starting to get a bit tipsy.
Stacey: I could do sex noises halfway through, like on Rocket Queen by Guns N Roses, or not whatever.
Offline infinite135  
#4450 Posted : 14 September 2010 05:00:53(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Laurelles1 wrote:
Jason: Imagine Mind, Axiom and Infinite... oooh, this is gonna rock! Are you okay there though? Lookin' a little pale.

Eric: This is going to be amazing, I hope it all comes together. Just imagine what kind of marvels the three of us could make! Felt slightly woozy, though; I've never been too great with drinking. I only weigh, like, 125 pounds, so it doesn't take much for this stuff to affect me. Haha

.... are you alright, Stacey?

Edited by user 14 September 2010 05:01:37(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline Laurelles1  
#4451 Posted : 14 September 2010 05:02:40(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: I don't know what it is with drink, but I can seemingly take a lot... it must all absorb in my hair or something. Well, if Tim's okay with it, we can have you both contributing... it'll be, like, the biggest collab of the year!
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#4452 Posted : 14 September 2010 05:07:06(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

infinite135 wrote:
Laurelles1 wrote:

Eric: This is going to be amazing, I hope it all comes together. Just imagine what kind of marvels the three of us could make! Felt slightly woozy, though; I've never been too great with drinking. I only weigh, like, 125 pounds, so it doesn't take much for this stuff to affect me. Haha

Stacey: Yeah I'm alright, I think it's time for me to go upstairs.
Stacey looks around the room and spots a 22 year old guy sitting with his friends, Stacey walks over to him.
Offline infinite135  
#4453 Posted : 14 September 2010 05:08:13(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Aside from the fact that he breaks out in laughter several times while talking, Eric still seems somewhat sober.

Eric: Amazing collaboration, dude, I really cannot wait. You have any idea when you want to start working on this? Better stop drinking, anyways, it's too early to get completely smashed...... holy shit, the paint on the ceiling looks so interesting!

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline Laurelles1  
#4454 Posted : 14 September 2010 05:10:43(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: I know what you mean... it has a minimalist feel to it.. anyway, I'm happy to start whenever everyone else is. I'll get ideas in as soon as I can, mate... Hey, where did Stacey go? Okay... maybe I can't take as much drink as I thought...
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline TheCDs  
#4455 Posted : 14 September 2010 05:11:54(UTC)
TheCDs

C4AJoh wrote:
infinite135 wrote:
Laurelles1 wrote:

Stacey: Yeah I'm alright, I think it's time for me to go upstairs.
Stacey looks around the room and spots a 22 year old guy sitting with his friends, Stacey walks over to him.

Tim: Yea, this would definitely be fantastic. I am excited to see what we come up with.
Looks over as Stacey walks away
Tim: If you guys would excuse me I have a number I am going to try and grab.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Offline Laurelles1  
#4456 Posted : 14 September 2010 05:13:34(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Looks at Tim walking to Stacey and smiles.

Jason: Get in there, mate!
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline infinite135  
#4457 Posted : 14 September 2010 05:13:46(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Eric is still staring up at the ceiling, with a look of intense joy in his eyes

Eric: It... no, wait... Jason, dude! The whole thing is a metaphor for totalitarian dictatorships. Y'know, like... the government is trying to oppress the paint, so the ceiling keeps itself mimimal. It looks like it has nothing to hide. But, when the time comes, it'll... it'll.. I need another drink. BARTENDER!

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King
Offline Laurelles1  
#4458 Posted : 14 September 2010 05:15:10(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Jason: It portrays, like... a message and shit... we need to watch out for machines. The goverment are trying to restrict our knowledge of the paint.. but... ya know... anarchy and shit.
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Birdies:

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline C4AJoh  
#4459 Posted : 14 September 2010 05:17:18(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Stacey is seen over the other side of the room talking to the 22 year old guy, Tim walks over and has a quiet word with the guy and then whispers in Stacey's ear. She grabs Tim's hand and walks over to the reception desk in the hallway and books a room up stairs.

Offline infinite135  
#4460 Posted : 14 September 2010 05:20:35(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Eric: Dude, I've never felt so alive. It's like.... all of creation is staring at me, in the form of paint. Dude, if I wrote a song about how deep and poetic this... this ceiling is, then I'd be richer than, uh...

He looks around the room for a minute, wondering where Tim and Stacey are.

Eric: Oh, no... the machines kidnapped Stacey Walton and my co-headliner! Well, damn, the next two tours are going to suck now...

Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Matt Roberts - Bass

UserPostedImage

- Stephen King