logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 25 April 2017 12:01:32(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Name: Mi Eun Ki
Origin: Seoul, South Korea
Birthday: May The Fourth Be With You 🙇
Zodiac Sign: Taurus
Likes: Cameras, music, cooking, high quality clothes, hand stuff
Dislikes: Sudden changes, complications, insecurities, synthetic fabrics

UserPostedImage

×Dae Ho Park & Mi Sun Kim: The Flat-Faced Twins×

FIRST OF ALL, his name is Mi Daesung Ho. One day when he was 10 he just woke up demanding to be called Dae Ho Park and literally made mom cry. Dad beat him for trying to disown the family name LOL what an idiot. He legally changed it once he got to America but if you ask me, he should've focused more on changing his annoying ways! In all seriousness, I love my crazy baby brother. Practically raised him myself ❤ But on to someone that actually matters, SUNNYBUNNYHONEY!!! Mi Sun Kim is my baby ❤ We're literally the same person, serving the same looks, thinking the same thoughts. She's 50 times more adorable than me though and so selfless and loyal. We're there for each other through everything, she's not just my sister, she's my best friend. We even have the matching tattoos to prove it!

×Cool Ass Cuzzo: Mi Kyung Lee×

In case you didn't know, I taught her EVERYTHING. I remember watching Miki grow up and witnessing all that bad bitch potential. I couldn't just sit by while​ it wasted away in a K-Pop rookie. My cousin is like a sister to me, in fact, she's incredibly close to our side of the family. We talk like everyday, I love her so much. She's pretty AND tough 👊 I stand behind her in everything and am so proud to call her family.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Instagram: @SincerelyKiki
Twitter: @SincerelyKiki
Snapchat: @KikiLove
Serious inquiries only: [email protected]

Edited by user 20 May 2017 02:39:17(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 9 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 25/04/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 25/04/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 25/04/2017(UTC), erich hess on 25/04/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 25/04/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/04/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 25/04/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 26/04/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 26/04/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#2 Posted : 25 April 2017 23:32:40(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

OOC: I'm concerned for TRSG! As we all know in 2017 we're pretty much officially picking back up after almost a year of on and off inactivity. I think a big part of this was our lack of motivation to release albums. When no one releases albums we're all just posting pointless singles and end up kinda floating in and out. I believe it got so bad that we turned into a ghost town for a number of reasons, 1) y'all actually trusted me to keep the album charts active LMAOOO and 2) whenever someone did drop an album, no one really talked about it. I realized the funnest part about spending so much time writing and posting an album is seeing people actually respond to it so I'm gonna bring that back. Hopefully this makes everyone else think about doing reviews again too because I certainly don't want to be the only one reviewing my stuff. But more importantly, I hope it encourages you guys to write and post more albums! Especially the newer members and the ones who've been here for 59 years and have barely posted 2 full length bodies of work COUGH COUGH! Don't be scared to throw something together, have you seen my attempts??? Just stay active y'all, this is the only forum I'm ever gonna put energy into. You don't have to ask, I'm gonna try to review every album. Of course it's gonna be on my own shitty timing but just work with me.

×××

Dear lovies,

Let's address the obvious: I've really been slacking off in 2017. What can i say? I've been extremely busy! I honestly never thought so many people would reading my stupid blog about.....nothing really! I post pictures with random short stories, tell all my family​'s business and rant about albums I wasn't even gonna buy in the first place. Before now, it's really been anything goes on this site but no more of that. During my hiatus, I've realized that for whatever reason, there are people actually looking forward to hearing what I think about music and so I'm giving the people what they want! Starting today, I will be reviewing EVERY album released in 2017 and onward, starting with all the albums I've missed. Ready to play catch up?

TRACK BY TRACK REVIEW: Cory Dionne - Uncover (EP)
UserPostedImage

First things first, Cory Dionne. With the Uncover EP, Cory Dionne was the first person to drop an official release in 2017. It's his debut project and he released it all by himself, something he won't have to do anymore seeing as immediately after, Dahlhouse Entertainment snatched him right up! Before he dropped a #1 EP out of nowhere, Cory Dionne was just another backup singer waiting for his turn at center stage. Here's what his fine self brought to the table:

1. Dangerous Word

Dangerous Word is the first song on the EP and I'm already in love. I listen to all kinds of music so I definitely don't hold any bias but there's just something about an R&B songs with just the right touch of synths... The best thing here is definitely Cory's voice. His vocals are soft but they still manage to show so much emotion. They carry the lyrics along well, which don't seem like much at first but really grow on you. In this song, Cory sings about being afraid of the fact that he's starting to love someone. I think we can all relate to how scary it is when you realize you're getting in your feelings about someone and not yet knowing if they'll be returned. It really is dangerous territory and the song does a simple yet powerful way of getting that across. I love how he coos, "Have I told you that love is a dangerous word?" and then goes right to asking over and over again, "you ready?". It really makes me think. Every time he asks for confirmation I start to consider that maybe he's just asking himself.

8/10

2. Talk About

Talk About reminds me a lot of Brad Pitt. Brad is one of those humans that you have to actually sit back and really take in the fact that he's a human. Like wow, that man is really of my species and walking around here looking like a god. He's so beautiful that whenever he's on screen, I don't really listen to what he's saying, I just stare in awe. Are the words coming out of his mouth actually important? Most of the time, sure! But...I think I've gotten a little off topic here. The point I'm trying to make is, Talk About is a beautiful song. Cory's falsetto mixed with the calm guitar strings that just seem to fade in and out really come together to make one hell of a composition. But is there actually anything going on in the lyrics? Nah. As much as I love the second verse (especially the lines: Your silky skin/Couldn't create a better sin) it doesn't make up for the fact that the rest of the song is pretty repetitive. Pressed that he released Talk About first. Especially since the song is...... Nothing to Talk About!! (Yes, I wrote this entire review just to use one bad pun 😥) I don't know, everybody else really seemed to like the song. Is it just me?

6/10

3. Private Show

Moving on to what should've been Cory Dionne's debut single, Private Show! This song is great all across the board. The song is not only a bop but Cory still sounds as good as ever, his vocals really showing out on this one. It's a slow song but it has a good beat to it that would be perfect for radio. But this track exceeds where Talk About doesn't and that's shown all in the lyrics. The whole song Cory is singing to his ex-girl turned stripper and begging her for a "private show". Probably the sleaziest way to ask for a second chance, yes, but the song is so sexy! My favorite part is definitely what I'm considering is the post-chorus where Cory sings, "Give into temptation lets run to tomorrow/Take my hand and my heart, you can borrow/Just for the private show".

8/10

4. Broken Hearts

Broken Hearts is easily the catchiest song on the album and I'm pretty sure that when it first came out, it was my favorite. After better assessment of the song though, it is far from anywhere near the best song on Uncover but it's still pretty nice. On Broken Hearts, Cory sort of sing-raps on top of a dancehall beat. Sounds like a bop right? That's because it is. I rarely like songs like Broken Hearts where people admit to breaking people's hearts just because. I never really see the appeal in the concept, is it supposed to be sexy? Despite my feelings about the theme, Cory makes a cute exception for me, I can't help but get up and dance whenever this song is playing. That in itself is a talent and just enough for me to feel neutral about the track.

7/10

5. Trigger

Trigger is yet another forgettable song from the EP. With the heavy distortion, calm piano riffs and Cory's layered vocals fading into the mix, the music is nice here and he sounds good as always but there isn't much more than that. A song where the tables seem to be flipped as Cory is the one getting hurt in this song, it's kind of just...there. Nothing really stands out about it and that's not a bad thing. It didn't hurt to sit through it but it only makes you realize that there really is nothing special going on. Usually by the time he asks me to pull the trigger, I've already hit the skip button.

6/10

6. Commitment

As the EP winds down, it's kind of clear that Cory Dionne had put all of his best songs in the beginning of the project, probably not expecting many people to get this far because attention spans are laughably short nowadays and smaller artists are starting to realize it affects them most. Little did he know, this body of music would be the biggest EP out for 4 months and counting. I'm mentioning this because one could easily call Commitment a filler just like what Trigger seems to be, but I don't think that's fair. Commitment isn't a filler, its a grower. It takes time to really fall in love with a song and Commitment is a testimony to that. In terms of production, I'd consider this song better than Talk About though in a lot of ways it's the same. Just like in his debut, Cory sings in his falsetto to a stripped down beat with what I'm assuming is some cool guitar playing on top of it. The real difference is that though Talk About sounds fuller, Commitment has a nice bounce to it. I really like the lyrics here. "And now I'm afraid I just threw away/Everything that could pass as an escape/And maybe I took it too fast​" Cory sings, describing his fear of commitment in what feels like the sequel to Dangerous Word.

7/10

7. Power (Alt. Version)

I love the best song on Uncover! Not sure who started those nasty rumors of Talk About being better than Power but I want them arrested for treason. Power was a SoundCloud dance track before Cory Dionne decided to drop the EDM and give us a piano-led vocal performance with a nice 808 drum machine! Gotta love R&B, it's out here doing the Lord's work. The song is a total eargasm but what I love most about the track is the lyrics. All throughout Power, Cory tells us to stay strong in the most beautiful way possible. Haters will say it's cliche, people with sense will call it a work of art. My favorite part is the pre-chorus and chorus but the lyrics, "You call yourself a maniac while screaming my name/Your wounds have been bleeding and your soul is laid/You're changing the story so afraid, so afraid/That you might look back at the old page" really speak to me. What a song. Music like this is what really gets you through some tough times.

9/10

OVERALL RATING: 7.3

If you ask me Uncover was a solid 7.5 but according to the calculator on my phone, 7.3 is the average of all the songs' scores. Math! My favorite songs are definitely Power, Private Show and Dangerous Word while my least favorite are Trigger and Talk About. This is a really solid debut and I cant wait to see what Cory Dionne is going to do next (AFTER he releases Private Show of course)! Cory Dionne has A+ looks, amazing vocals and is a decent writer, we could really squeeze some good music out of this man.

If you want to check this EP out for yourself, CLICK HERE. I recommend it. Be back soon with another review.

Sincerely, Kiki 💋

PS: I'm never doing a track by track ever again. Shit took way longer than I thought it would!

×××

Edited by user 25 April 2017 23:52:04(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 9 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 25/04/2017(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 26/04/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 26/04/2017(UTC), erich hess on 26/04/2017(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 26/04/2017(UTC), Welat65 on 26/04/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 26/04/2017(UTC), freestylechamp on 26/04/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/04/2017(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 22 May 2017 10:45:37(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

×××

Dear babes,

I lied. Cory Dionne's Uncover EP was technically not the first release of 2017. The real first release of 2017 was Miki Lee's How To Get 'Em Heated Vol. 1 mixtape but a) I didn't want the first review of 2017 to be my cousin's music lol and 2) I wanted to come back on a positive note...

5 FINGER REVIEW: Miki Lee - How To Get 'Em Heated Vol. 1
UserPostedImage

Miki Lee is the rapper and main dancer of the K-Pop group, Mi•Mi. A year and some change ago the girls came forward and told everybody, "Our label is trash, we quit the group, solo music coming soon xoxo" and left everyone confused as fuck because to this day, they are still very much together?? The whole situation is a mess, leave it to Miki Lee to make it even messier with a mixtape!

Last time, I did a track by track review and it literally took 7 hours to write and reminded me to much of an essay, so that's over it's cancelled it's never gonna happen again. Instead, I'm gonna do a Five Finger Review.

Imagine that 5 fingers got cut off of a hand and you just randomly found them around your house as you went on in life. Randomly finding amputated fingers will no doubt be a traumatic experience every time. Fingers are ugly, bland and creepy...except for the pinky. The pinky is cute. I'd freak out about finding a pinky but only after I painted it with nail polish and glued a pom pom to the bottom of it. This is the case with Miki's mixtape. How To Get 'Em Heated has 4 extremely ugly traits but has 1 really cute one that should be preserved at all costs and I'm gonna break those down in this review. Work with me. If it wasn't clear before, I came up with this idea on a bad trip.

The Thumb: Bad Metaphors

Miki is a self-taught bilingual rapper who's topics in Mi•Mi literally range from defying parents to falling in love for the first time. She is subpar but has the attitude of a good rapper and pulls it off well! Just like any other rapper, Miki Lee can't resist a good punchline. Only problem is her's aren't...good. It's starts in BLOW, where Miki raps, "My bitch look like Mona Lisa" and screams in the back of the song, "I CALL HER NINA LISA!" Bad, right? Well it only gets worse from there! The I'm A Hoe remix still gives us the always classy line, "Nibble on his ear like Tyson" and Medusa serves up, "I rub off on 'em, call me Nair". In Come For Me, Miki reveals, "I'm Miki Houdini and they wish they had my magic" while harmonizing the phrase 'abracadabra' in the background. She even manages to call herself a 'bad mamajama' in Unlike Y'all, something that I'm pretty sure died in the 80's. Listen...sweetie...this shit has got to STOP. There were so many good moments on this mixtape that got completely ruined by your messy wordplay.

The Index Finger: Extremely Optimistic Statements

Miki Lee has a Kanye attitude with Meghan Trainor music. Which is fine, Kanye has iconic moments and Meghan Trainor makes bops. What's not okay is that she's out here talking like she has Michael Jackson's chart history. There's an entire song dedicated to Mi•Mi's success called Medusa where she says, "Everything I touch turns to stone/Records diamond, platinum, gold", a song that I can't be mad at because she's not entirely lying. Who would've thought the one song on the mixtape about bragging would be her most reasonable example of braggadocio! The same girl has claimed multiple times throughout the mixtape that she's the "god of Pop, K-Pop and R&B"! It's like she's begging to get dragged by all of Twitter! I don't even understand why she says it! We ALL know these statements aren't true, who's she trying to convince? Hope??

The Middle Finger: You're A Pisces, Stop Tryna Be Threatening

Straight outta SM's dungeon, crazy puppy-lover named Miki Lee, who are you pulling up on? Who? Who are you pulling up with, hm? Your dogs? Nina-Lisa? Misu? Me? STOP THIS BEFORE WE ALL GET SHOT. I swear, Lotus and Rum let you hang out with them ONCE and you lost your damn mind! You are a Pisces, a hypersensitive lover and professional crybaby from birth, you don't casually threaten to jump people! "We gon pull up like a lever" WHO is WE! "These bitches are cowards, they know I go batshit" The only thing you GO is to Whole Foods on a quiet Thursday morning! "When it feels wrong, let your hittas know/Pull up on them slow like, 'say that shit you said before'" Oh no baby WHAT! is you doing??? This is late honey, this is not you!

The Ring Finger: Tragic Hooks

To appreciate a good mixtape, you have to be able to appreciate the bad hooks. Seriously, name one Rap mixtape with amazing Grammy worthy well written and fully thought out hooks. What's that? You can't! The key to a successful mixtape is how catchy you can make something that's pure mess. Medusa, easily the worst song I've ever heard in my entire life, really takes bad hooks to the next level though. I never thought I'd come across such a strange blend of Twitter slang and Greek mythology but we need to make sure it never happens again. While hooks like BLOW, Bad Habits, and even Come For Me are admirably bad, Medusa is just insufferable. The best hook is easily Unlike Y'all with Bless Up as a really cute second.

The Pinky: Bad Girls Do It Well

Miki isn't threatening nor is she the best rapper alive but she has a special charm to her that overrides it all. Charisma is the second best thing that Miki has going for her, the best being her bad bitch mentality. If you can take one positive thing from this mess of a mixtape, let it be hoe admirably strong Miki Lee proves herself to be. The way she comes out swinging with the opening track, Bless Up, showing just how serious she is about fighting for the people she loves. In Bad Habits, she declares "Where there's a will, there's a want, and this woman's gonna get her way" and in Unlike Y'all she takes a stand on her own, brushing everything off because she knows her love for music us all she needs to get by. In moments like these you just really want to see Miki prosper. Her potential outshines her actual ability and I'm not gonna lie, it's kinda cute.

1. Bless Up - 8/10
2. BLOW - 5/10
3. I'm A Hoe (Remix) ft. Rum - 5.5/10
4. Medusa - 2/10
5. Bad Habits - 6/10
6. Come For Me 1/10
7. Unlike Y'all 7/10
8. Boring - 6.5/10
9. Purpose - 7/10

OVERALL RATING: 5.3/10

Wooh...a mess. 5.3 is low and I mean... deserved. My favorite songs are the only good songs so there's not much to say there. If you love for female rappers who have a nice pop flare to them, I recommend this mixtape. If not, nah. Stay away and wait for Miki to present you a proper body of music.

If you want to check this mixtape out for yourself, CLICK HERE. I recommend it. Be back soon with my review of Tisha Jackson's FOR DREW album!!

Sincerely, Kiki

PS: Fuck SM!!

×××
thanks 6 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
freestylechamp on 22/05/2017(UTC), Atonic Records on 22/05/2017(UTC), BrownSugar on 22/05/2017(UTC), erich hess on 22/05/2017(UTC), JohnnyBBB on 22/05/2017(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 24/05/2017(UTC)