logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline kandii  
#1 Posted : 21 June 2022 00:59:29(UTC)
kandii

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
UserPostedImage

Released: June 27, 2022
Recorded: 2017-2022; personal studio
Genre: Pop, Electronic Pop, Electronic Rock, R&B
Label: Big Diamond Records, Dahlhouse Entertainment
Producer: GogoGigi (exec.), FancyN, inZane, Flame 1&2, DrewWB

DNR

DNR is the third studio album by singer-songwriter, Airemese "Coke" Smith. The record was released on June 27th, 2022 by Big Diamond Records with additional support from Dahlhouse Entertainment. Following the biggest album of her career and the darkest period of her life, Coke reintroduces herself in DNR, showing a livelier side of herself with an electrifying new sound executively produced and curated by Electropop's hottest new producer GogoGigi.

Previously named "Revival", the theme behind DNR is to live your life to the fullest with no regrets. In the event of her death, Coke asks that no one tries to resuscitate her, declaring "If I drop, I'm dying hot." She explores the world of Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll all while navigating her marriage to rapper, professional athlete and philanthropist Kidd Amaze. "On previous records, I've definitely written from this place of guilt and shame." Coke reflects on an intimate Instagram Live with her fans from August 2021. "On this album, I really don't care what I think about it or what others think about it, I am ME!"

The earliest sessions for DNR's tracks started in late 2017 during the promotional run for Coke's sophomore album, "GOLD". At the time, Coke was scheduled to tour for her album with Aikya Balan as the opening act. They began working on a now scrapped collaborative EP entitled, "AbC", which was planned to be released with the tour announcement. This is where the first track on DNR, "To The Beat" was born. However, the timing just wasn't right for Coke's mental health and she chose instead to go on a much needed hiatus.

In June of 2018, Coke was still in hiding but already back in the studio. "I was completely out of commision, like when I tell you titties deep in Carribean waters. Out of nowhere, inZane sends me this beat pack. It was only 6 beats. At first I didn't open it, Zane is worse than my mama he'll have you in the studio for months at a time. He said, 'you gotta hear these, trust me.' I was like 'yeah yeah I know what you're tryna do. Not happening.' I listened to them and I kid you not I wrote a song to every single beat in one sitting. Next thing I know, I got tricked into recording and releasing another album!" The six tracks Coke wrote for DNR during those mid-2018 sessions are "Lose My Mind", "Unfounded", "ENDLESS", "Rebirth", "The Other Side" and hit single "Keep Up With Me".

It wasn't until Coke's mother, Anniken Dahl-Smith, announced the return of Dahlhouse Entertainment in an exlcusive January 2021 VOGUE spread that fans heard news of Coke returning to the public eye. "We finally feel that the time is right for a fresh start." Her mother declares in the interview. A month later, Coke signed a $60 million dollar deal with Big Diamond Records, leaving Studio60 Records after almost 10 years of hard work on the label with Rum & Coke as well as her solo activities. "It was just time for a change." She explains. "Studio60 has always been good to me. I still work with them from time. However, my team and I saw an oppurtunity to come into my own in a fresh environment and be treated as a priority while doing so." When asked why she chose Big Diamond Records specifically, she revealed, "I like the name. Big Diamond. It's just so me."

On February 26th, 2021 Coke released DNR's lead single, "Keep Up With Me", in celebration of her 26th birthday. The single peaked at #2 on the Chart Heat Singles. The album was only halfway done when it was reported to fans that DNR would be "energetic" and "electric", promising a Pop era from the alt-R&B pioneer. "All the music that I've put out there into the world and I'm just now starting to see how important it is that I just put out fun material!" Coke wrote to the world on an Instagram post about her upcoming album then titled "REVIVAL".

"I was having the most fun I've ever had in my life." Coke reveals about what made this album's process so special. "I can't even tell you when half of these songs were first written. Every night was a party and when the party died, we pulled up to the studio." Tracks "Wake Me Up", "DNR", "I Just Wanna Party", "RICH PARENT$" and even "Electric Chair" were directly inspired by the different parties and clubs that Coke had gotten the chance to experience over the last 3 years. "As an artist, it gave me a chance to be the listener again. I started to understand what people wanted to hear on the dancefloor."

With the successful release of "RICH PARENT$", Coke received her second solo #1 single in September of 2021. Though at the time Coke had almost 12 tracks confirmed for her project, the artist still felt there was more work to be done. "I figured I just had to party some more, live a little more, and the rest of the songs would just come to me." From October 2021 to March 2022, Coke added 6 more finsihed songs to DNR's lineup, bringing the total to 18 tracks, the longest album she's ever written.

"My album has a lot of songs so naturally, I want this rollout to have a lot of singles." Says Coke in a recent interview. On June 19th, 2022, "I Just Wanna Party" was released on all streaming platforms serving as the last single to be released before the arrival of the album. It's been reported that the artist considered releasing "The Other Side" instead but didn't want fans to think the album was only about drug use. "Lose My Mind" was also considered but ultimately did not fit the Pop sound Coke wanted to highlight for this era. Both songs have a strong chance to be released as singles after the album drops, Coke hinting, "So many songs on DNR have the potential to be singles and that's by design. I want these songs to reach a lot of people."

Track listing

1. To The Beat
2. Wake Me Up*
3. Keep Up With Me
(Chart Heat Singles Peak: #2)
4. DNR
5. bump
6. I Just Wanna Party
(Chart Heat Singles Peak: #1)
7. gotta groove
8. Rebirth*
9. The Other Side
10. The Escapist
11. NakedScaredFree
12. Endless
13. Hard Stuff
14. DUMBFOUNDEAD*
15. Lose My Mind
16. RICH PARENT$
(Chart Heat Singles Peak: #1)
17. Electric Chair
18. Never Look Back

Total length: 1:03:39

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 02 July 2022 20:34:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 9 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
2001clay on 21/06/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 21/06/2022(UTC), erich hess on 21/06/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 21/06/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 21/06/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 22/06/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 24/06/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/06/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#2 Posted : 25 June 2022 15:41:00(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
When Was "To The Beat" Originally Created?
"'To The Beat' was the very first song I recorded for this project. At the time, I had no idea I was making it for this album. I was in the studio with Aikya Balan and Drew Westbrook that day working on a different project. Drew Westbrook showed me this beat and it felt like something the Temptations would have hopped on. It was so simple but *nasty*, you know what I mean? It's dark, it's hard-hitting and with Drew's background vocals on top, it kind of reminded me of a negro spiritual. I wrote to this song with the help of Aikya Balan and while finalizing the album, Zane Anoshkin added a few riffs and solos to the instrumental, making it even funkier than before."

Why Did "To The Beat" Make The Album?
"Once I finished writing and recording this song, I just knew it had to be on the album. Matter fact, it had to be the FIRST track to play. I needed everybody to hear this one, not just the lyrics but the music as well. The production is vintage but it's also really fresh. Heavily inspired by Chuck Berry's legacy, 'To The Beat' is a timeless example of what Rock'n'Roll was intended to be. This is the sound that got Elvis on his feet so many years ago. I knew if I was going to do a Pop Rock album, I had to bring it back home."

What Does "To The Beat" Mean To You?
"I think the message in 'To The Beat' is very clear. I'm a talented girl and I will always prioritize my music over Hollywood's fame game. This is what I do and this is all I do. I clock in, I make music, and then I clock out. Why anybody would hate me is beyond me, I've never even slightly given the impression that I want to be involved with anything other than making music and minding my business. This track's genre reminded my so much of Soul that I knew I had to speak my soul for it to make any sense."

Coke

My soul is a fire worth dancing with
Play all you want, get too close and I'll show you hell
Always find someone who shares my intentions
Let the stage be a witness, I can do bad all by myself
You don't think I'm enough
It's why you cloud my life with speculation, persecutions, allegations
You want someone who'll play your game
Run in place when your gun goes BANG!

And sang to the beat of your drum
Dance to the beat of your drum
Live to the beat of your drum
But I live to the beat of my drum

Worried 'bout me, that won't keep your bills paid
Prolly why rent late and your credit looking low
Never hearing from me 'less I'm on a stage
If my check ain't on the way, my face can't be shown
Take notes, I do what I want
You do what you can for someone else's man
Yes, I'm the bitch they all came to see
You want me at your mercy

I can't sing to the beat of your drum
I just can't dance to the beat of your drum
I won't live to the beat of your drum
'Cus I live to the beat of my own drum

Take a picture, you can sell it and get rich
If you ever met me, you'd take back all that you did
I tell 'em I'm working, they send a budget, I don't pitch
You been a fan, first they love you then they switch!
I said take a pic! You can sell it and get rich
If you ever met me, you'd take back all that you did
I tell 'em I'm working, they send a budget, I don't pitch
You been a fan! First they love you then they swiiitch!

Yeahhh!
Where my spray at?
Roaches better get back

They switch!
They switch up!
They switching
And I'm still
Still winning
Winning to the beat
To the beat, to the beat, the beat, to the beat

My words will cut you like a razor
Prolly why they pay up
Focused like a laser
You know her mama raised her
Bless my naysayers
Protected like a mayor
Aim at me, they gon blaze ya
Do yourself a favor
Keep my name up out your mouth if you ain't saying your prayers
Yeah, I'm dancing in the sun
Running this shit to the beat of my own drum

Sing to the beat...
Dance to the beat...
Live to the beat...

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 25 June 2022 15:44:34(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 7 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
2001clay on 25/06/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/06/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 25/06/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 25/06/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 25/06/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/06/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#3 Posted : 25 June 2022 16:35:56(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
When Was "Wake Me Up" Originally Created?
"Ahh, it's hard to say! This is the second version I've made of this song. The first one was written and recorded in maybe in early 2020? I don't know, I never even finished it. I thought about combining both of the versions but they're just not that similar in theme. The final version of 'Wake Me Up' was one of the last tracks recorded for the album back in March of 2022. I had to completely rethink what I wanted to say on this song with Zane Anoshkin and we birthed something amazing in the process. I was in my Avril Lavigne bag with this one, my Alanis Morissette bag too."

Why Did "Wake Me Up" Make The Album?
"Well, it almost didn't make the album! But, I think interludes are a lost art form when it comes to full length projects so I do everything I can to preserve them. Some people think interludes are for spoken word or shorter songs but me, personally, I use them as markers on my album. Interludes help me organize my tracklist and keep all the songs flowing smoothly together. When you hear an interlude from me, know we're moving into a different section of the album. 'Wake Me Up' is the precursor to the livelier half of my album, it sets the tone for all the partying we're about to get into."

What Does "Wake Me Up" Mean To You?
"'Wake Me Up' is about club culture and how we just want to wake up when life is feeling like a bad dream. The uptempo performance from the drums and the electric bass gives you this sort of adrenaline rush. It made me think of like a stampede with all the instruments in this arrangement coming at you so fast. I had this vision of people knocking each other over to get to the dancefloor so I wanted a melody that would give them something to chant over and over again."

(starts at 1:32)

Coke

Marching to the frontlines of the party
If I don't make it back, tell my mother I'm sorry
All I need is this rush
Dance, dance, sip, crush
MARCHING TO THE FRONTLINES OF THE PARTY!
TELL MY MOTHER I AM SORRY!
ALL I NEED IS THIS RUSH!
WAKE ME UUUP!

Wake me up, set my body alight
Wake me up, I want to feel alive
Wake me up or you're dead to me
Wake me up from this hellish dream
Wake me up, I don't want to be sad
Wake me up, I don't want to feel bad
Wake me up from this eternal...
From this eternal sleep
This eternal sleep
From this eternal sleep
Wake me up...

UserPostedImage
thanks 8 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
2001clay on 25/06/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/06/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 25/06/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 25/06/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 25/06/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/06/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/06/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#4 Posted : 25 June 2022 16:59:39(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Chart Peak: #2
Single: Keep Up With Me
Artist: Coke
Label: Big Diamond Records
Release Date: February 26th, 2021
Genre: Pop, Nu-disco
Written by: Airemese Smith
Produced by: GogoGigi, Flame 1&2
Length: 3:33

Keep Up With Me is a song released by Big Diamond Records with additional promotion form management company Dahlhouse Entertainment and recorded for Coke's 3rd studio album, REVIVAL. Serving as the lead single, the album is true to it's name, Coke is storming back on the scene with a new direction and sound. Written by Airemese "Coke" Smith and produced by rookie producer GogoGigi and veterans Flame 1&2, the track is a three minute and thirty three seconds long song who's genre is easily descrbed as Pop and Nu-disco. An artist who's known for making moody music with heavier themes and darker production from both her solo music and her time in the Hip Hop/R&B duo Rum & Coke, Keep Up With Me reveals a funner, sexier side to Coke's persona that's refreshing to see. In the lyrics she takes listeners on a trip back to Ancient Egypt and Greece as she seduces one of the strongest men on the planet, telling him that all he's faced up to point is nothing compared to the power of her love.

Exhibiting a rhythm from 1980s and 1990s musical styles, Keep Up With Me is a "funky" pop & nu-disco track that has an uptempo danceable rhythm and contains "old-school" R&B Pop and electro influences. Even her vocals are sounding more fearless on this one, Coke's vocals spanning from E3 - G#5 with an E6 exclamation. Critics responded well to the single explaining, "We love seeing a bold, more adventurous version of the Alternative R&B singer-songwriter. It makes perfect sense that it's the lead single of an album titled 'REVIVAL', as it displays a revitalized Coke no longer weighed down by her temperament." Coke's previous album, GOLD, explored what life was like for the singer as she dealt with loss and it's effects on her mental health. Towards the end of the album, the singer admits to no longer taking her meds after a decade of prescriptions which now sets the tone for the "new, unaltered her which is to be revealed in her third album. As the rumors of her drug use get out of control, Coke continues to show that she does not care what the press think she's doing behind the scenes. She is playing up on the double entendre of her controversial name more than ever with a bag of "coke" being shown on her allbum's artwork and even lyrics like "Just a whiff of me, I can make your heart jump" being included in the song.

Coke

Call me Cleopatra, I might let you take a bite
Fire in this ride, some say I’m a ghost in the night
Leave so many behind, I only take what I like
Wont believe the hype until I see just why

I choose you, prove you’re special
Let loose, it’s a whole new level
Overdue, our secret little meet up
Been searching for a love who can keep me up

You’ve conquered the mountains
Blinded every tiger
Took on the world, still ain’t tired
Fought
Challenged the gods
Even tamed a sphinx
Don’t let that make you think you can keep up with me
You can't keep up with me

Graeae to the bullshit, you forget you’re on my time
Im greedy, make it worth it, don’t wanna regret making you mine
When you touch my body better give me peace of mind
Free me of my demons, don't be scared to come inside

I choose you, prove you’re special
Let loose, it’s a whole new level
Overdue, our secret little meet up
Been searching for a love who can keep me up, ooh

Blinded every tiger
Fought
Challenged the gods
Even tamed a sphinx

Such a king, let me be your favorite rebel
Think bigger, I need you on my level
Just a whiff of me, I can make your heart jump
You've never known a lover who'll leave you stumped, oh yeah!

Blinded every tiger
Fought
Challenged the gods
Even tamed a sphinx

UserPostedImage
2001clay on 25/06/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/06/2022(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 25/06/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 25/06/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 25/06/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/06/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/06/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#5 Posted : 25 June 2022 21:08:40(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
When Was "DNR" Originally Created?
"I wrote 'DNR' some time after the release of my hit single, 'Keep Up With Me'. March of 2021 to be exact. This was one of the very first beats I had ever heard from Gigi and I held onto it for a long time because I knew I was going to write something great to it. GogoGigi played a big part in helping me put this album together. I met her while she was DJing at this one party in NYC. Her mixes were so clean, every transition was epic. I introduced myself and we started hanging out after that. She'd hit me up with the 'wyd' text almost every night and it was always an adventure. You know, it's hard to trust DJs who claim they're producers because so many of those fuckers steal mixes and couldn't produce milk from a cow. I was blown away by how talented she was. I'm loyal to the Dahlhouse production team, I work with them on everything so I was shocked to have so much chemistry with a newer producer. I told her, 'Ima get you out of the clubs' and I did. Now, she's the executive producer of this album and she's been signed with the Dahlhouse production team since 2020."

Why Did "DNR" Make The Album?
"'DNR' had to make the album, it's the title track of course. What's special about this one is that it's such a serve. The chords are so pretty. The pre-hook sounds like...you know when you feel yourself getting dizzy in the club? It's such a vibe all around and it also has the perfect tempo to bounce around to. I wanted to be as unbothered as possible on this track so I toned it all the way down with my vocal performance. It sounds like something Britney Spears would sing in her British accent. Does that make sense?"

What Does "DNR" Mean To You?
"It's just a feel good song. On 'DNR', I'm confident and unapologetic. I'm living my life to the fullest and if I was to drop right now, I'd be absolutely satisfied. People are gonna talk and all that means is that you're doing something right. Some of the shit people say about me is just crazy. I remember a few years back a tabloid accused me of sleeping with some rando drug dealer for free drugs. I was so hurt. Do they not know how much money I have? Ever since then, I have been mentioning my wealth in every song. Y'all need to be reminded, clearly."

Coke

(So sexy but chic)
(So-so clean)
(What's her skincare routine?)

Yuh!

Im so above the hate
Name float around the place
If I drop, I'm dying hot
Do not resuscitate
Im so above the hate
If I drop, I'm dying hot
Do not resuscitate

So many people in the crowd
A show ain't a show until I get them loud
Make them scream for more until they kick us out
I got superpowers, you bring them out
Staying sober is my kryptonite
Bang in the studio, we got a hit to write
He got diamond grills, I like to sit on ice
Know they all want this life

Right now, I can’t hear what you say
Blind to the haters, so far away
From the truth
Waste no time correcting lies
Keep me on your gums if it makes you feel alive
Can't blame you, I'm..

(So sexy but chic)
(So-so clean)

Yuh!

Im so above the hate
If I drop, I'm dying hot
Do not resuscitate
Im so above the hate
If I drop, I'm dying hot
Do not resuscitate

Jealousy is a disease
I'll be making hoes sick even after I'm deceased
They wanna JFK, they wanna Abram Link
I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Never compete, I just up my art
Your 2 cents can't clear my cart
I'm so me, a wave they can't run with
If you wonder how they thought of it, I did that shit

Right now, I can’t hear what you say
Blind to the haters, so far away
From the truth
Waste no time correcting lies
Keep me on your gums if it makes you feel alive
Can't blame you, I'm..

(So sexy but chic)
(So-so clean)

Yuh!

Im so above the hate
If I get dropped, I'm dying hot
Do not resuscitate
Im so above the hate
If I get dropped, I'm dying hot
Do not resuscitate

You only look this good once
Even from the grave, I'll stunt
Open cask, Chanel slingbacks
They'll always want what I had

Right now, right now
Right now, right now
I can't hear right now
Right now, right now

Im so above the hate
If I drop, I'm dying hot
Do not resuscitate
Im so above the hate
If I drop, I'm dying hot
Do not resuscitate

So sexy but chic
Coke so clean
Don't ask my skincare routine
Bitch!
You could die
Come back, die again
Never look as fab as this
So sexy but chic
Coke so clean
Don't ask my skincare routine
Bitch!
You could die
Come back, die again
Never look as fab as this

UserPostedImage
RoseJapanFan on 25/06/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 25/06/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 25/06/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 26/06/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/06/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/06/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/07/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#6 Posted : 26 June 2022 12:53:09(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
When Was "bump" Originally Created?
"My girl Rum gave me this track sometime in January of this year. She had originally recorded the demo for Miki but I said hm... snatchies! It was the beat that did it for me. The production is very simple and so are the lyrics. I just like how it bumps in the car speakers. You know the bass is knocking when you can feel it in your stomach. Rum wrote the hook and I completed it with the verses. It's short and sweet, straight to the point."

Why Did "bump" Make The Album?
"'bump' was the very last full-length song finalized for 'DNR'. It's more R&B than anything else and I felt like it would be a great addition to the tracklist. There are a lot of different sounds on this album and they work together well. One thing about Rum's production is there's always gonna be a sick ass beat involved. It makes you want to just get up and twerk the night away. That's the vibe of this track."

What Does "bump" Mean To You?
"'bump' is a classic girls night out song. Like, just picture it. Ass out, boobs out, heels on, and I got nothing but my phone, ID and loose cash in the smallest purse you've ever seen. Me and all my girls hopping out a pink G-wagon blasting yours truly. The moon is high and I'm higher than the moon. My best friend's boyfriend wont stop blowing up her phone and we're laughing at him. That's the picture I'm painting with this song. It's just about us girls having a good time. "

Coke

I spend my days in the sun
I spend my nights on the moon
Shorts showings my buns
Tits blown up like balloons
I got cash in my clutch
I look expensive as hell
If you try to touch
Just know you're going to jail

The promoter knows my name
Security knows my face
That's why I walk in like I own the place

Wagon pull up, speakers thumping
Skip the line, no need to rush in
I been working, know you want it
DJ play my song, it's bumping
This one married, she not humping
She start dancing, club start jumping
Tip out stupid, tip out London
Tipton, Hilton had us put out :(

DJ-DJ play my
DJ-DJ play my

What if tonight was the end?
I got my girl out the house
Don't let your lil' boyfriend
Get in the way of finding your spouse
We looking good outside
Thirsties bound to approach
But why even try
When you know you look broke

The promoter knows my name
Security knows my face
That's why I walk in like I own the place

Wagon pull up, speakers thumping
Skip the line, no need to rush in
I been working, know you want it
This one married, she not humping
She start dancing, club start jumping
Tip out stupid, tip out London
Tipton, Hilton had us put out

DJ-DJ play my
DJ-DJ play my

UserPostedImage
2001clay on 26/06/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/06/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 26/06/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/06/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/06/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/07/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#7 Posted : 26 June 2022 12:57:58(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Chart Peak: N/A
Single: I Just Wanna Party
Artist: Coke, Rum
Label: Big Diamond Records, Tric-Jam, Studio 60 Records, Dahlhouse Entertainment
Release Date: June 19th, 2022
Genre: Pop, R&B, Electropop
Written by: Airemese Nicole Smith, Niña Rumillani Tarantino
Produced by: GogoGigi, inZane
Length: 3:24

I Just Wanna Party is a song by singer-songwriter Airemese Nicole Smith featuring guest vocals from Rapper and long-time collaborator Niña Tarantino. The duo is well known from their hip-hop music act "Rum & Coke", the single, I Just Wanna Party, being their first time on a track together since 2016. A long awaited reunion, the song was released on June 19th, 2022 and was released for Coke's 3rd solo album by Big Diamond Records with additional promotion from Dahlhouse Entertainment. The track was written by Airemese "Coke" Smith and Niña "Rum" Tarantino. Electropop producer GogoGigi is credited for producing the single as well as Alternative Rock producer inZane for adding additional acoustic components to the song. For three minutes and twenty-four seconds, I Just Wanna Party takes us back to the roots of Pop Culture: clubbing. Just as the title suggests, Coke dances her worries away on a Pop beat that still feels true to her R&B Hip Hop origins in Rum & Coke. With the help of alluring violins, scratchy riffs, explosive electric guitars and a really groovy beat, Rum & Coke successfully commands the dancefloor in their latest collaboration.

I Just Wanna Party is the third single to be released from Coke's upcoming album, DNR, set to be released on June 27th, 2022. Setting the bar high with the lead singles "Keep Up With Me" & "RICH PARENT$", I Just Wanna Party is the perfect track to get fans pumped up for the album again after a year of delays. "The song is catchy and addictive." States a popular music blogger. "Rum shines with her bold verse and Coke's presence is felt strongly on the hook and leaves the listener begging for more of her." Additional critics have also added, "Coke takes any genre and makes it her own. Here she proves once again that she can step out of her element musically, lyrically and still bring a song to life."

Coke wrote:
My album, "DNR", has a lot of songs so naturally, I want this rollout to have a lot of singles. I never planned to space out my singles this far but I do think it all worked out for better. I carefully chose "I Just Wanna Party" as the third single to get everyone ready for release. I didn't want to give too much away from the album but I still wanted a Pop track that represented the heart of the record best. I love "I Just Wanna Party" because it has this early 2000s bounce that's been missing from the clubs lately. It was important to me to release a song that would get people out of their seats and on their feets. I've had this hook recorded for years but I've only recently added Rum to the track. One day it all just clicked and I realized this beat was made for Rum & Coke. This honestly has to be one of the best verses she's ever spit on a track. I love how we constantly motivate each other and push each other to do better. I just knew the fans needed this, I had to give it to them before "DNR" dropped.

Coke
Rum

Ooh
Stepped out in my Bottega Veneta lace up shoes
Everybody loves me here, I love you too
If you're getting fucked up in the club, please, don't be rude
Tip the bartender

Agent calling
Husband calling
Label calling
Mama calling
Bullshit calling
Drama calling
Turn my phone off
Now i'm all in

I just wanna party
I just wanna.. lose all control
I just wanna party
I just wanna.. hit the dance floor
I just wanna party
I just wanna
I just wanna party
I just wanna

I just wanna party
I just wanna party
I just wanna party
I just wanna
I just wanna party
I just wanna

It's PREMIUM, yeah, it's top tier
I was already high when I got here
If you cute, you can drink it from my bottle
My favorite stripper say she wanna be a model
Look, I just wanna party, I wanna kiss a blondie
I just met Suzie, made me feel like Somebody
Never had to wait in line, can't show up every time
Any club I ever stepped in had to pay a booking fine
Busy with Fatima, don't ring me (sh!)
Busy with Fatima, don't ring me (sh!)
Busy with ya daddy, he sleazy (ew!)
Busy with ya mama, she cheeky *ass clap*
Just ran into the hoe that don't like me
Turns out, she dont wanna fight me
Turns out, her dog wanna bite me
Turn him out with my stick, make him wifey
I love to talk shit off the 'tron
I woundn't even roll you roaches with some cheap chrone
That house small, couldn't catch it on a drone
Broke hoes sharing rooms like a foster home
I heard the streets miss me
We ain't drop in 6 years, still the hottest in the city
Rum & Coke, God & Chrissy
You can't name a better duo that be breaking all the brizzy
That cheap liquor smell pissy
Can't get in without a wristband, we prissy!
We in Peru sipping pisco
Back back, when Im drunk I like to pull out my pistol
Good puss, leave a puddle
This one get all the baddies on the floor, make em huddle
The DJ in troubleee!
In this bitch dusk-dawn like we finna pull a double

I just wanna party
I just wanna party
I just wanna party
I just wanna
I just wanna party
I just wanna

I just wanna party
I just wanna party
I just wanna party
I just wanna
I just wanna party
I just wanna

UserPostedImage
2001clay on 26/06/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 26/06/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 26/06/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/06/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/06/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/07/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#8 Posted : 26 June 2022 13:16:59(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
When Was "gotta groove" Originally Created?
"I wrote 'gotta groove' during the COVID-19 restrictions in 2020 when the whole world was locked down. It was a crazy time, all the clubs were closeed. I'm not anti-mask or anti-vax or anything but no lie, I was throwing a bunch of house parties with people that I knew werent sick. I just felt like if the world was really over, me and my people might as well have fun. This beat was another gem from GogoGigi. The sound is like really dark but groovy. I fell in love with it on the first listen."

Why Did "gotta groove" Make The Album?
"'gotta groove' made the album because it's one of the more relatable tracks of the bunch. Here, I step down from my pedestal and I sort of become more aware of my surroundings, acknowledging what those less fortunate than me are going through. Now that we live in a pandemic, it's really starting to hit people that everybodys suffering in one way or another. I manage to be socially conscious on this track but still keeping it pretty surface level, trying to solve the world's problems by pretending there isn't one."

What Does "gotta groove" Mean To You?
"People are dying, you know? There's an opiod crisis going on, there's a housing crisis, there's a pandemic, global warming is sneaking up on us fast. No one knows what the fuck is going to happen but we have to live before it's too late. Life should be enjoyed, not feared. The future doesn't look good at all but that's why it's so important to just live in the moment. Rich or poor, we may not trust each other but we gotta get through this together."

Coke

I think we're living through the apocalypse
I think I saw a zombie by The Metropolitan
I think New York City's a dirty place to live
Gucci, Louis, Prada stores, nowhere for the homeless

I hold my purse tight
Don't want to have to fight
We're all dealing with something
Let's not make a big deal tonight
Z with me, he's plugged in
He'll get you whatever you like
Just keep dancing
Keep dancing

Future's looking no good, see what you want to see
When it's said and over, I choose to believe
What's the new normal? We only know one way to be
You just need a day off, you just need a bean

Hard to breathe in
Heart is beating
Only option
Bust a move
Globe is grilling
Stress is killing
Before we die
I gotta groove
Hard to breathe in
Heart is beating
Only option
Bust a move
Globe is grilling
Stress is killing
Before we die
I gotta groove

I think we'll never be happy this way
Selling life's essence for a dirty dime, living pay to pay
Why work so hard? You've got it made
If they're stealing your time, guess what you have to take

I hold my purse tight
Don't want to have to fight
We're all dealing with something
Let's not make a big deal tonight
Z with me, he's plugged in
He'll get you whatever you like
Just keep dancing
Keep dancing

Hard to breathe in
Heart is beating
Only option
Bust a move
Globe is grilling
Stress is killing
Before we die
I gotta groove
Hard to breathe in
Heart is beating
Only option
Bust a move
Globe is grilling
Stress is killing
Before we die
I gotta groove

Ooh, ooh

We go through the same things under different conditions
Take me away, please, take me to new dimensions

Hard to breathe in
Heart is beating
Only option
Bust a move
Globe is grilling
Stress is killing
Before we die
I gotta groove
Hard to breathe in
Heart is beating
Only option
Bust a move
Globe is grilling
Stress is killing
Before we die
I gotta groove

Hard to breathe in
Heart is beating
Only option
Bust a move
Globe is grilling
Stress is killing
Before we die
I gotta groove
Hard to breathe in
Heart is beating
Only option
Bust a move
Globe is grilling
Stress is killing
Before we die
I gotta groove

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 26 June 2022 15:20:57(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kandii  
#9 Posted : 26 June 2022 19:09:48(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
When Was "Rebirth" Originally Created?
"'Rebirth' is one of the first songs I wrote for 'DNR'. I believe this was way back in the summer of 2018. The earlier version of this song does not really sound anything like the version that made the album but I did reuse the chorus. There was nothing wrong with the first version, I just thought I could rethink the lyrics and make it a stronger interlude. This beat has honestly been floating around our camp for years. I've always loved it, never thought it would end up with me. It was first given to WINNIE, then Misu and then me. Zane is picky like that."

Why Did "Rebirth" Make The Album?
"'Rebirth' made the album because it helps me set the tone for the next section of music. The electrifying sound of this song paired with the strong high notes that I'm singing here were a big reason why I had previously wanted to name my album, 'REVIVAL'. Just listening to the production makes me feel energized and revitalized. Every beat tells it's own story and I just do my best to put it in words."

What Does "Rebirth" Mean To You?
"There are so many versions of you that exist in other peoples minds and I think 'Rebirth' is about leaving those different versions of yourself behind and becoming someone new. Every now and then you have to shed your skin to reveal your true self and that's going to confuse the people around you. In this song, I basically tell my loved ones that it may look like I'm dying but I'm going to come back better than ever. This one is a kind of a slow burner, the introduction builds up for about 30 seconds, really taking it's time. The synths on this instrumental sound so powerful and the bass line is hard. It's a little under 2 minutes long but I think it's one of the liveliest tracks on 'DNR'."

(starts at 3:08)

Coke

Everyday, a new skin
Further from what could've been
Just respawned, believe me when I say
This life is not the end
Let's try and try and try again
Lose it all, make room for new
Lose the world, make room for you

Remember me
Follow the love, love leads
No one ever really dies
I'll live forever in memory

Sometimes I get so cold, I feel it dancing on my spine
Give me some time, its fine to not be fine
I just want you to trust me when I say I’ll be alright
Died on this dark night but woke up to new signs of life

Sometimes I get so cold, I feel it dancing on my spine
Give me some time, its fine to not be fine
I just want you to trust me when I say I’ll be alright
Died on this dark night but woke up to new signs of life

UserPostedImage
PANIC! on 26/06/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 26/06/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 26/06/2022(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 27/06/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/07/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/07/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#10 Posted : 27 June 2022 10:17:26(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
When Was "The Other Side" Originally Created?
"'The Other Side' was written on June 24th, 2018. I know the exact date because this is literally my favorite song that I've ever written. Rum and Zane created this beautiful instumental with me in mind and it's everything I love about electronic R&B. I wrote to it just minutes after hearing it, that's how you know I really enjoyed that beat. It's like the beat is sludging through a a pool of heavy synths. It was recorded shortly after. I could probably credit this song for getting me back in the studio because before this song got me all excited, I really was not trying to hop back in the booth."

Why Did "The Other Side" Make The Album?
"Baby, at one point, 'The Other Side' *was* the album! Y'all don't get it, I tried so hard to release this as a single way back in early 2019 when all I had was this song and maybe 4 other tracks. No album, no direction for the era, just viiibes. Guess who stopped me? My mother, exactly. She told me everybody might not see what I see in the track and that the best songs should always be saved for the album where they could be better understood with plenty of context. She was right, of course. This album is nothing like I first imagined it would be. Ideas are living breathing things and they need space to grow."

What Does "The Other Side" Mean To You?
"'The Other Side' is a song about enlightenment. In ancient cultures, certain substances that we would now classify as psychedelics were used by the people of those times to explore the spiritual plane. Quanah Parker was a Native American leader of the Comanche tribe and he once said, ‘The White man goes into his church house and talks about Jesus. The Indian goes into his tepee and talks to Jesus’. That was in 1887. I think the drug scene is different now, mostly because a lot of the stuff on the market doesn't come from the earth. A lot of modern drugs come from a dangerous mix of man-altered chemicals. It's not the same. Or, maybe it is. I think anything in the world can be abused. I don't think that should take away from or erase the countless cultures and traditions it's helped form. Traveling through 'The Other Side' is supposed to be an experience that brins you closer with yourself. There's life inside of you. The body is a populated planet and spirit is the power source. This is my understanding of God. I tried my best to put all of those thoughts in a song and 'The Other Side' is the result."

Coke

I feel the beam
There's more than one dream, I wanna show you
Familiar but so new
Put down your phone
Forget all you know, all that's true
Is what’s inside you

Could a lighter get any better?
The torch for our endeavors
There's so much we can treasure
High
We're nothing more than what we're made of
Reality creates the distance

I feel electric
Bet I sound eccentric
Don't you get it?
The shock heals, I'm connected to the other side
To the life inside of mine
And they're all running
Just like how we're running
Don't you get it?
All this life inside of mine

I feel the stream flowing
Don't know where I'm going and it hurts
Sleepwalking works
As above, so below
There's a science to the cosmos
I just don't know my place
Divine but all-the-same

No cut-offs in this river
It flows to something bigger
The thought makes me shiver
Damn
Are you aware we're all in this together?
Whether it be a trial or simulated setup

I feel electric
Bet I sound eccentric
Don't you get it?
To the life inside of mine
And they're all running
Just like how we're running
Don't you get it?
All this life inside of mine

I feel electric...electric...electric
Can't you feel it?

UserPostedImage
thanks 6 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
2001clay on 27/06/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 27/06/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 27/06/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/07/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/07/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#11 Posted : 27 June 2022 11:45:49(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
When Was "The Escapist" Originally Created?
"I wrote 'The Escapist' in September 2021. Yasmine Kiambang produced this amazing track with the helpd of Rum and Drew. Disco never dies. This one was heavily inspired by Etta James, I think because the string section reminds me so much of 'At Last'. You got Yasmine on the violins, Drew on the bass, Rum on the piano, birds chirping in the mix and even the sound of rushing river waters around the second verse. This sound is overwhelmingly beautiful."

Why Did "The Escapist" Make The Album?
"'The Escapist' had to be on this album because it's an outstanding piece of music. I took this modern approach to a beat that's almost classical and I think it came out really great. We spent a long time mixing this one down, wanting the people to hear every instrument and every note. I want to say this is one of the greastest arrangments I've ever had to pleasure of singing on. The production even interacts with my voice, a lot of the sound effects on the track being inspired by my words. No sane artist would leave that off of the album."

What Does "The Escapist" Mean To You?
"It means exactly what it says. If you don't handle me with care, I'm out of here dudes. No matter what I go through, I know as long as I have myself and my peace, I will be okay. There's been a lot of times when I had to choose that over the everyday hustle and bustle of life. I mean, this is my third solo albums and I've never stayed in town long enough to really promote any of them. Drop music and gooo, that's my philosophy. People want to prove they can handle the pressure of this industry. Who are you trying to prove that too? I think if most of the fans knew what we had to go through to get this work out, they wouldn't even want it anymore. Music is a public service, though, people need us to build a better world with our songs just like they need public infrastructure. I'm going to give you the music but that's all you're getting out of me! Not about to drive myself crazy doing a thousand interviews and arguing with executives about which songs from the album deserve a video...I'm going to Cancun, leave me alone."

(play both at the same time)

Coke

We can find somewhere else to stay
A change in pace to keep the mind in shape
Might seem nothing goes your way
Before you unravel, choose your battles, pick a place
Just escape

Scarce is a mindset of the poor
So what are you so scared for?
We can have the world
Home is the place we must burn down
When the past doesn't reflect now
Become a different girl

I tried to mask, none of them fit
Can't evolve unless I shapeshift
If you didn't know, now you know
If you didn't know, hoe, now you know
When I feel bluer than Mystique
I take on the form that most serves me
If you didn't know, now you know
If you didn't know, hoe, now you know

I feel a shift
Say something I don't like, I got a cabin in Conneticut
I'll leave right now for the hell of it

We can find somewhere else to stay (We can find somewhere else to stay)
A change in pace to keep the mind in shape (Just a change of pace)
Might seem nothing goes your way (Anything goes, anything goes)
Just escape
Just escape
Just escape
Just escape

Sound is the therapy that works
No loud engines, waters, winds, chirps
The flaps of butterflies
I would rather hear the earth talk
Silence my mind on a long walk
Tell the trail, "I'll miss this path" and say goodbye

I feel a shift
Say something I don't like, I got a cabin in Conneticut
Climb a rocky mountain and make a home out of a hut
I'll count the money out
Drop all my possessions and everyone that it keeps around
Protect the peace I've found
Do anything to protect the peace I've found

Just escape

Coke, bitch, Aire, call me what you want for now
Once I disappear, I'll never see you around
If I get quiet
Already decided
Going for a cartoon of milk
Slip away smoother than silk
If I get quiet
Already decided
If I get quiet
Already decided
If I get quiet
Already decided

Just escape
Just escape

UserPostedImage
BrownSugar on 27/06/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 27/06/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 27/06/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/07/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/07/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#12 Posted : 27 June 2022 12:24:44(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
When Was "NakedScaredFree" Originally Created?
"'NakedScaredFree' was originally written in January 2022. I've been holding onto this beat since...2018-ish. I don't remember exactly when but I do remember how much I loved this one. Zane on the pads as always and he's also going crazy on the axe. He's an amazing guitarist and this one of the many examples of his pure brilliance. I mean, it's bone-chilling the way he just slides up and down the scale. It definitely amplified the record. GogoGigi added the finishing touches in a much later session."

Why Did "NakedScaredFree" Make The Album?
"It's a headbanger, for sure. The message is also really important. I never want anyone to say that the beat is carrying me so I always do my best to match the energy that the instrumental brings and take the song to the next level. Zane and I work so well together, we always have. In this song, when he goes high, I go higher. It's like there's a beautiful dance taking place between my voice and the music. Not to mention, the key change after the bridge of the song is one for the books. All around, it's a really solid track."

What Does "NakedScaredFree" Mean To You?
"This song was actually inspired by something one of my favorite sidereal astrologists said to me. She does divination for liberation. I was attending one of her world-class seminars and she said, 'Humans come out of the womb only knowing how to cry. This makes crying one of the most important tools humans will ever have.' Powerful words. I think when we talk about how bad the state of the world is, we overlook the part that we all play in it. It all starts in the body. Literally. You can feel when something is going wrong and our first instinct is to cry out for help and let each other know there's something wrong. We are social beings, we can't accomplish anything on this earth without the ability to listen to each other. When we ignore the cries of those around us, we fail the entire human species. Listening to each other ultimately means we have to learn to listen to ourselves. We have to stop telling our bodies to suck it up and stop telling our friends to get over it. We have to release the war cry and tell each other what we really need to make living an easier thing for us to do. It's the only way the human race will survive."

Coke

Crybaby cry, I finally see
Stay in your body
Every escape makes you wander too far
Rather be somebody else than accept who you are

(You can lean on me)

I talk in circles, can't say what I need
I walk for miles, no place can rescue me
Spent all my life learning these useless things
How do I feel better?

We all come into this world the same

(Naked, scared and free)
Let them fall, this is a safe space
(Naked, scared and free)
Think!
What comes naturally?
It was your first sign of life, bet it could save your life
When's the last time you cried?

Your mind will trick you, blind your eyes
Someone's always there and you don't realize
At war with yourself, call on your allies
Learn to ask for help even after you're denied

(You can lean on me)

I talk in circles, can't say what I need
I walk for miles, no place can rescue me
Spent all my life learning these useless things
How do I feel better?

(Naked, scared and free)
(Naked, scared and free)
Think!
What comes naturally?

Lean on me
Together is where we should be
Take my hand
We can live just like we planned
Survival of the fittest?
We can't survive without the one's we keep nearest
Don't keep it all to yourself
First thing we learn how to do is cry for help

(Naked, scared and free)
(Naked, scared and free)
Think!
What comes naturally?
When's the last time?
Think!
What comes naturally?

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 27 June 2022 12:35:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PANIC! on 27/06/2022(UTC), 2001clay on 27/06/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 28/06/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/07/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/07/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#13 Posted : 27 June 2022 12:53:21(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
When Was "ENDLESS" Originally Created?
"This was literally the second song I wrote for 'DNR'. To this day, I just think it's so pretty. The melody, the synths, the electric piano, the vocals, the 3 little guitar notes that float in and out of the track. Produced by Gigi and Zane, the track is really euphoric. I found myself playing it over and over again, just falling into the sound. It's so simple but it still feels full, you know? There's a lot going on in the instrumental but it all comes together perfectly."

Why Did "ENDLESS" Make The Album?
"I mean, just listen to it. This song is ear candy. It sounds so nice and who doesn't want to hear a good love song? I could see new couples walking down the aisle to this one and falling even more in love with each other. It had to be on the album. I've been waiting to share it with the world ever since I finalized it."

What Does "ENDLESS" Mean To You?
"This is the kind of song that makes you feel like love is forever. I wrote it about the love of my life, Kidd Amaze. I don't even know what else to say, I just really love him. This is the part of the album where I acknowledge that I'm really not alone in this fight. Kidd has always been there for me, he's always supported me through my highs and lows. It would take a million years for me to pay him back for all of the love he's given me."

Coke

Never let another visit
Love rain down
Hoping that it's endless
'Til death do us part and you’re my witness
Love rain down
Hoping that it's endless

There’s no haze in your eyes
Your brown gaze keeps me high
Glazed, I make a trail
My touch leaves a gold entail
Stick to you like lint
Embroidered in your skin
Flesh but free of sin
Shame we cant stay hidden

Never let another visit
Love rain down
Hoping that it's endless
Love rain down
Hoping that it's endless
Never let another visit
Love rain down
Hoping that it's endless
Love rain down
Hoping that it's endless

Eyes can’t help but watch
We’re a work of art
How did I find you
Among acres and mules
Oh, for every promise told
Without a word, you redeem it tenfold
How did you know?
After they sold me every lie
You’re the karma I can't fight

Never let another visit
Love rain down
Hoping that it's endless
Love rain down
Hoping that it's endless
Never let another visit
Love rain down
Hoping that it's endless
Love rain down
Hoping that it's endless

Endless, endless
Endless, endless
Endless, endless
Endless, endless
Endless, endless
Endless, endless
Endless, endless
Endless, endless

Never let another visit
Love rain down
Hoping that it's endless
Love rain down
Hoping that it's endless
Never let another visit
Love rain down
Hoping that it's endless
Love rain down
Hoping that it's endless

UserPostedImage
2001clay on 27/06/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 27/06/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 28/06/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/07/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/07/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#14 Posted : 27 June 2022 13:32:48(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
When Was "Hard Stuff" Originally Created?
"The first version of 'Hard Stuff' was written and recorded a year ago in March of 2021. It was initially an EDM track but it sounded kind of corny to me and so I had Gigi, Zane and Drew reimagine the music for me so that I could rewrite the track. Next thing you know, we had a Power Pop Ballad straight out of the 1980's."

Why Did "Hard Stuff" Make The Album?
"You know, I listen to my man's music. I think sometimes he's more honest with his audience than he is with me. Actually, I think we're both like that. After listening to his last album, it gave me a lot to reflect on when it comes to our connection with music and the role it plays in our marriage. I created this song and wanted to put it on the album to sort of send a message right back to him. I know it sounds kind of crazy, communicating through song, but I know when he hears this track, it's going to make him feel so warm inside. It's going to make him feel loved."

What Does "Hard Stuff" Mean To You?
"My friends are always teasing us about how in their eyes we're the perfect couple and they look up to us. We're not perfect though, we definitely have our moments. No matter how hard it's gotten, we've never turned against each other. He's always treated me with so much love and respect, he's never disrespected me and I've never disrespected him. That's the real love that I always knew I would run into one day. I was raised on real love, it's what I grew up witnessing between my mother and my father. When you make a lifelong commitment to somebody, you have to take that serious and be willing to grow with them and change when needed. We've been married almost 8 years and I believe we've done a great job at that."

Coke

I hate when you question yourself
It feels with me with guilt
Always knew time would tell
Look at what we built
There’s love at the end of the tunnel
You’re what got me this far
You’ve gone through all the trouble
I’m here for you through the dark

We’ve both become someone else, that makes you nervous
You fear the change in the air, I think it’s perfect
You could take on a thousand faces, I’d still want a kiss
Hold my hand, here we go, into the thick of it

All I need to start my day and end my night, more than enough
I love you when it’s going good, I love you when it’s going rough
Don’t be scared to push the limit, lay it all out, test my trust
I need the hard stuff, I-I need the hard stuff

They said we'd get tired of each other
But the feeling is still the same
Melt into a pot of gold
Every time I hear your name
I know you're gonna be next to me
It's the reason why I wake up
If you trust that I'm all for you
Then give me all your love

[jazzy saxophone solo]

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 27 June 2022 17:23:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2001clay on 27/06/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 27/06/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 28/06/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/07/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/07/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#15 Posted : 27 June 2022 14:02:20(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
When Was "DUMBFOUNDEAD" Originally Created?
"'DUMBFOUNDEAD' has been around since some of the first sessions for the album. I wrote it and Zane produced it was back in May of 2018. This whole song was made while we were messing around on a synth-pad. It reminds me a lot of the sound I adopted for 'GOLD', my second studio album. I'm sure if I would've created this song a year or two earlier than I did that it would've ended up on that album instead."

Why Did "DUMBFOUNDEAD" Make The Album?
"'DUMBFOUNDEAD' made the album because I knew I could use it as an interlude. This track prepares us for the final section of 'DNR'. As the album slows down, I wanted a song that would prepare the listeners for a different vibe. You know, ease them into it. 'DUMBFOUNDEAD' manages to do just that."

What Does "DUMBFOUNDEAD" Mean To You?
"The title is a play on words. Dumb found dead. As someone who suffers from a bipolar disorder, there's always this fear in the back of my head that I will spiral out of control one day and never make it back. It makes me worry for my loved ones who work so hard to keep me happy and healthy. Things can be looking up for me, I can be removed from a bad situation and trying my best to move on with my life but life will sometimes still be a daily struggle for me. It's hard for the people around me to understand how one could feel so down when things don't seem that bad. Let them tell it, it's unfounded. That's the meaning behind this song."

Coke

Troubled girl, troubled girl
Keep your head spinning then I start playing victim
In my own world, it’s a cold world
Saved me from the dark but you can't take the darkness out of me
Without my trauma, who would I be?

You do your best to keep me afloat
Sacrificing more than I know
But I wont let go, can't hold on
Nothing worst than losing control when it’s unfounded
I know it leaves you dumbfounded
All’s good until I say it isn’t
It’s all good until I say it isn’t

I say I’m fine, my favorite lie
How do I explain it still feels wrong when everything’s going right
If I just tell you first, maybe I
Wouldn’t push it all inside until I erupt in a cry that feels random
Taking my own advice is seldom

You do your best to keep me afloat
Sacrificing more than I know
But I wont let go, can't hold on
Nothing worst than losing control when it’s unfounded
I know it leaves you dumbfounded
All’s good until I say it isn’t
It’s all good until I say it isn’t

UserPostedImage
thanks 5 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
PANIC! on 27/06/2022(UTC), BrownSugar on 28/06/2022(UTC), C4AJoh on 07/07/2022(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 13/07/2022(UTC), Welat65 on 11/09/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#16 Posted : 27 June 2022 14:38:11(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
When Was "Lose My Mind" Originally Created?
"2018. 'Lose My Mind' was created in 2018. Drew produced this one with the help of Rum. From the lyrics to the vocals, this track was inspired by Prince's legacy. It's giving funky pop, but also classic R&B. It just had a certain bounce to it, definitely something to snap your fingers to. The song is only 3 minutes long so it's a kind of short but it doesn't take away from the song at all. It's a bop."

Why Did "Lose My Mind" Make The Album?
"Another song that I almost released as a single. I made so many dance tracks on this project and this was probably the very first one. 'Lose My Mind' basically helped craft the sound that we brought to life on 'DNR'. Tracks like this one gave me a roadmap for where I wanted to take this album. If you can't tell by now, we are telling the story of popular music with the sound selections on 'DNR'. From the Rock'n'Roll of the 50's, to Rock as we now know it. From the Soul Disco of the 60s to today's rhythmic R&B vibe. From the Power Pop of the 80's to the Electronic Pop that dominates modern radio. We explore all of the different genres so many black and white artists have worked hard to give us and bring them all together. In the end, we made one hell of a record."

What Does "Lose My Mind" Mean To You?
"This song is something I think a lot of people who struggle with their mental health can relate to. We definitely want the people around us to care for us but we don't want them to smother us out of fear. On this song, I feel suffocated by my husband's worrying and I try my best to tell him to back off before I really lose it. I love writing songs about burning the house down. This has to be the third one. I'm never going to do it, of course, but I have a lot of fun saying it hehe."

Coke

Now, I’ve been on my best behavior
Before tonight, never thought I’d hate ya
Your babygirl, you’re gonna suffocate her
Tried to shield me off, now you’re in danger
When I needed it, you showed me patience
Now you seem to forget I’m not your patient
Tryna pin me down, my soul is aching
You’re the only one who drives me crazy

I could be better, I just don't know how to do that
We’re glued together, I gotta get you off my back
You act like I don’t know how to act, now I’m 'bout to make a scene
It’s that time of the week

I'm about to lose my mind (I'm about to lose my mind)

Now, I know it's only cus you love me
Could be having fun, too busy judging
Just wanna pull you closer, no more tugging
Why be at war? Let's be indulgent

I could be better, I just don’t know how to do that
You act like I don’t know how to act, now I’m bout to make a scene

I'm about to lose my mind in this house
Just stop, you're not helping
Uh!
I'm about to lose my mind!
Please, you're not helping

I could be better, I just don’t know how to do that
You act like I don’t know how to act, now I’m bout to make a scene

Sorry

I'm bout to lose my fucking mind (I'm bout to lose my fucking mind)
Douse the house and throw a light (I'm bout to lose my fucking mind)
Douse the house and throw a light (I'm bout to lose my fucking mind)

UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#17 Posted : 27 June 2022 14:39:57(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
Chart Peak: #1
Single: RICH PARENT$
Artist: Coke
Label: Big Diamond Records
Release Date: September 3rd, 2021
Genre: Electropop, Electronic Rock, Industrial Rock
Written by: Airemese Nicole Smith
Produced by: inZane
Length: 2:20

RICH PARENT$ is a song by singer-songwriter Airemese Nicole Smith. On September 3rd, 2021 it was released by Big Diamond Records with additional promotion from Dahlhouse Entertainment. Written by Airemese "Coke" Smith and produced by inZane, the track is a two minutes and twenty-two seconds long. The genre of RICH PARENT$ is a mix of Electropop, Electronic Rock and Industrial Rock. It's grungy sound carries the unapologetic lyrics well as Coke writes from the point of view of a teenager dealing with the pressures of growing up as the only heir of a wealthy family. With this single, Coke reunites with a side of herself that she (and her PR team) have been trying to bury alive for years.

To understand RICH PARENT$ and the true purpose it serves to Coke's progression as an artist, one must first admit that she is on a downward spiral. The Coke we were introduced to in 2013 alongside Rum would have never admitted to the sins she confessed on this track. Rum & Coke was a dynamic duo that consisted of Rum, the raunchy rapper who used music to save her from a hard life and Coke, the silver spoon angel who just wanted to forget about her dull reality and write beautiful things. Through 4 albums with Rum & Coke, Coke carefully crafted a cookie-cutter image that her team assumed was easily digestable for the public, almost as to draw attention away from the truth behind her past.

After the release of her debut album Dans Ta Tête, Coke became painfully aware of how inauthentic her public persona came off. Critics and fans alike noted that though the album was great sonically, they still felt as if they didn't know who Coke was. Once change began to wreak havoc on her life, she gave in and bore her soul on GOLD, the sophomore album that altered the trajectory of Coke's solo career. Having opened up about her struggles with Manic Bipolar Depression, what took great strength for Coke to admit back in 2017 was only the tip of the iceberg.

Listening closer to the singer's previous album, Coke did promise herself a few things. Her biggest vow was to be herself unapologetically. In the eyes of an outsider, Coke appears to be regressing on RICH PARENT$ and taking an axe to the picture perfect image her momager has worked so hard to build. However, those paying attention will see that processing her past as a troubled rich teen is a necessary step towards Coke's ascension to further greatness. It was clear in previous lyrics that she carried a lot of guilt and shame from her past but until now, most had no idea exactly what for. Today, we get a look at the innerworkings of Coke's younger mind which felt pressured to prove herself and used substance abuse to relieve that pressure.

Even RICH PARENT$' instrumental is a thick blast of teenage angst with it's 'too cool for school' basic drum pattern and it's grungy array of electronic bass and guitar. Instrumentally and vocally, the song keeps it simple which makes the words coming out of Coke's mouth the focus. She opens up the song with the lyrics, "Another blackout/Stay up all night cus there’s no reason I should be down" addressing the elephant in the room. It is assumed that rich kids have it easy because of the money they grow up around and Coke plays off of that idea through the entire song. Her family has all of the access in the world with nothing presumably holding her back and because of this, she can get her hands on every drug in the book at such a young age. She justifies this in the second verse with the lyrics, "You’d pop a Valium too if you had an estate to handle". If her family expects to stay rich for generations, Coke must prove to be a worthy heir when she grows up and it casts a dark cloud over her childhood. Like many of those from the upperclass that fall victim to an addiction to opiods, the pressure to be perfect drives her to drugs. Her acts of rebellion include abusing methamphetamine at parties and wrecking countless cars under the influence. She claims her "parents get her out of everything" but while their money does the talking, her cries for help go unheard.

Coke

Another blackout
Stay up all night cus there’s no reason I should be down
Seems I lucked out
Life so full of pain but at least I’m in the big house
Had my future paved
Never got to be a child cus I realized right away
If it can’t make a million bucks
What I do’s not enough
I'm shit out of luck

They all say I got it easy
But they don’t got what it takes to be me
Carry the burden of legacy, I can’t just leave it behind
Drop the ball and shatter my family for lifetimes

(Hit the bar, crash the car, call the cops then flee the scene)
(Having rich parents guaranteed to get you out everything, woah hey)

Another scandal
You’d pop a Valium too if you had an estate to handle
I like to gamble
Crank up the kickback, mix speed with Red Bull
Don’t let me leave this party bored
I’ll make you take the wheel while I do lines on the dashboard
Never guess, be sure
Believe all the rumors
Daddy’s little whore

They all say I got it easy
But they don’t got what it takes to be me
Carry the burden of legacy, I can’t just leave it behind
Drop the ball and shatter my family for lifetimes

Hit the bar, crash the car, call the cops then flee.... *police sirens*

UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#18 Posted : 27 June 2022 14:41:00(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Edited by user 28 June 2022 08:47:01(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked kandii for this useful post.
2001clay on 27/06/2022(UTC), PANIC! on 27/06/2022(UTC)
Offline kandii  
#19 Posted : 27 June 2022 15:17:14(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
When Was "Electric Chair" Originally Created?
"'Electric Chair' has been a thing 2019 but I didn't finish the track until recently. Gigi and Zane come together once again to do their thing on the track. I named this one Electric Chair because it made me think of one, I don't know. The sound reminds me of deepwave, it's very electronic and dark. I love it."

Why Did "Electric Chair" Make The Album?
"'Electric Chair' is on the album because I think it explains why there's so many party tracks at the beginning of this record. It sounds great and it helps the album tell a story. I almost placed the track a lot earlier on the album but it's perfect where it's at now. Being the second to last song, it makes the album feel more complete."

What Does "Electric Chair" Mean To You?
"I don't think people realize when they spread rumors about celebrities that they're actually talking about real people. Some of those rumors have really affected my marriage through the years. Someone's just running their mouth on Twitter for a couple of retweets but I have to go home at the end of the day and explain that mess to my husband. This was the inspiration behind 'Electric Chair'. There's a lot of fans out there that think I'm a bad influence on Kidd. Listen. He's a grown ass man making his own decisions, don't be mad because he chooses me. There was a time where we didn't understand each other because of how much we had changed over the years. It took a lot to get through that rough patch. It's inspired some good music from both of us but that's all in the past. We're as good as ever and no matter what happens, we will make it through together."

Coke

Never wanna bring you down
Meet me up here
Know you're gonna stand your ground
Hate how it appears
Thousands on the lookout
We chose the bad way to cope
They hate to see happy
They hate to see hope

Say that I'm grown, lost like a child
Going on the road, won't see you for a while
Worried but relieved, we need the space
Playing make-believe only drives you away

Up all night, I can't sit in my own despair
It's an electric chair, it's an electric chair
Club all night, I can't sit in my own despair

Married for so long
You're not yourself
Feel like since I've been changing
I'm no good for your health
Just say you need me
I'll do my best
Take one of these
All it does is make you sweat

Say that I'm grown, lost like a child
Going on the road, won't see you for a while
Worried but relieved, we need the space
Playing make-believe only drives you away

Rather, rather
Get higher than sadder
Throw me a ladder, I'd rather
Get higher than sadder
Rather, rather
Get higher than sadder
Get higher than sadder

Lost like a child...
Won't see you for a while...
We need the space...
Before I drive you away...

It's an electric chair, electric chair
It's an electric chair, electric chair

Rather, rather
Get higher than sadder
Get higher than sadder
Rather, rather
Get higher than sadder
Get higher than sadder

UserPostedImage
Offline kandii  
#20 Posted : 27 June 2022 16:11:39(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
When Was "Never Look Back" Originally Created?
"It's hard to say because I created 'Never Look Back' from one of my really old demos, 'Runaway'. I honestly think 'Runaway' has been around since before the 'GOLD' sessions. That could've been as early as 2016. I loved 'Runaway' so much that I posted it to Soundcloud last year. When Gigi and Zane came to me with the current beat, I knew I had to bring that melody back. I'm not scared to release ideas that the fans have already heard because I know I can make it feel brand new."

Why Did "Never Look Back" Make The Album?
"'Never Look Back' made it on 'DNR' because it's the perfect song to close an album out to. It's so soft and slow that it calms you. Kind of like a dope ass lullaby. You gotta love string instruments. The electric bass, the acoustic guitar and the violin arrangement are the stars of this track. They blend together so well with the help of a quiet beat machine and a quieter drumset. I'm suprised Drew wasn't involved with this track because it does sound like it's down his alley...I'll have to recheck the credits."

What Does "Never Look Back" Mean To You?
"Just like the song, 'Runaway', 'Never Look Back' is also about running away. However, instead of running away with my husband like I did in 'Runaway', this time I'm running away with myself. The lyrics were inspired by Cheryl Lynn's classic song, 'Got To Be Real'. I use this to remind myself that what I feel is real and it should be prioritized over what i think I owe other people. If the vibes ain't right then WOO! That'll do it. You don't have to worry bout me, you do not have to wory about me! I'll hop in an uber right now, I promise....never an Uber X, though. I can't risk pulling up in somebody's Toyata Corolla..."

Coke

Got to be quick on your feet
I'll teach you how to abandon
The things you can't stand
It's easy
Life's not about what you see
There's so much that could happen
I choose the path
That chooses me

Got to go
Hurry up
If we don’t leave soon
I just know we’ll be stuck
Got to go
Do you have cash?
Uber Black
Never look back

You're all that matters
I'd drop everything, slump through hell and rain
It doesn’t matter
When they stop asking when, they can see us again

Got to be quicker than that
If you can't tell when to run
You'll get tangled up in the past
..When did I say that?
Another favor they ask
Give everything but the shirt on your back

Got to go
Hurry up
If we don't leave soon
I fear we'll be stuck
Hurry up
We got cash
Uber Black
Never look back

You're all that matters
I'd drop everything, slump through hell and rain
It doesn’t matter
When they stop asking when, they can see us again

Ohhh
Got to be
Got to be
Got to be real
What you know
What you feel
To be real

Got to go
Hurry up
If we don't leave right now
We'll be stuck
Got to go
Got to be more than a drill
You're all that's real
You're all that's real
Got to let go
You gotta hurry up
If we don't leave right now
We'll be stuck

Got to be real about what you feel

[soft violin solo]

I'll teach you how to abandon
The things you can't stand
It's easy
Life's not about what you see
There's so much that could happen

[calming acoustic guitar solo]

Too slow

Hurry up
We got cash
Uber Black
Never look back

Got to be, got to be quicker than that...

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 27 June 2022 17:54:33(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified