logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

420 Pages«<311312313314315>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#6241 Posted : 23 May 2011 22:25:17(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gildermershina Go to Quoted Post
Finally got round to fixing my signature (logos out of date, some of the PNG transparencies were messed up for Lobedoctor).

Nice graphics! Liked the one before as well :)
#6242 Posted : 24 May 2011 05:48:34(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

all Britney has to do is stand there, and she sells records. Like are you kidding me. What the hell happened to her stage presence and charisma? That "knee injury" is not an excuse. The bitch is literally a mannequin.
Offline Mt. Epic  
#6243 Posted : 24 May 2011 08:00:03(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

all Britney has to do is stand there, and she sells records. Like are you kidding me. What the hell happened to her stage presence and charisma? That "knee injury" is not an excuse. The bitch is literally a mannequin.

hehe, it's funny because so is every other pop star
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
#6244 Posted : 24 May 2011 08:11:13(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: Mt. Epic Go to Quoted Post

Not true dude.
Offline Mt. Epic  
#6245 Posted : 24 May 2011 08:13:02(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Not true dude.

yeah, pretty much. Other than perhaps the dancing (most of it is similar in style anyway, with just slight different choreography and outfits), it's all the same.
UserPostedImage

#6246 Posted : 24 May 2011 08:23:01(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Not true dude.

yeah, pretty much. Other than perhaps the dancing (most of it is similar in style anyway, with just slight different choreography and outfits), it's all the same.

Wrong again. Do more research and stop listening to your rebel thoughts.
#6247 Posted : 24 May 2011 08:28:17(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

I've had enough.
Offline Mt. Epic  
#6248 Posted : 24 May 2011 08:44:07(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Not true dude.

I have done research, in my AP Music Theory class. Got a solid A on it as a matter of fact. And our school is considered the top school in the state in the music and arts department, so don't tell me my teacher is terrible.
UserPostedImage

#6249 Posted : 24 May 2011 08:54:10(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Not true dude.

I have done research, in my AP Music Theory class. Got a solid A on it as a matter of fact. And our school is considered the top school in the state in the music and arts department, so don't tell me my teacher is terrible.

That is completely biased. Those evil high school professors. Ughhh! I can't wait to be certified as a AP teacher btw
Anyways, Industry politics lead you to believe this. Maybe you've have the whole definition of what a pop star is incorrect.

Offline Gildermershina  
#6250 Posted : 24 May 2011 10:07:02(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Woo, wrote a decent bio for MGS, and now considering whether or not to go into the whole MGS initials/Montsalvat thing. It's very hard to explain to other people.

Edited by user 24 May 2011 10:08:46(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#6251 Posted : 24 May 2011 11:44:25(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Industry politics lead me to believe that every MUSIC star is God, not that I cant stand them.

Britney Spears
Lady Gaga
Shakira (I know you say she's been warped by the corporate, and I agree but still)
Niki Manaj
Justin Beiber
Taylor Swift

All these people are lousy in just about every way, but have been pushed by award organizations, new and paparazzi, and everything else to be like they are the second coming of God when in fact they are all just about as talented as a plastic spoon.

Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
#6252 Posted : 24 May 2011 12:01:52(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: asdf Go to Quoted Post
Industry politics lead me to believe that every MUSIC star is God, not that I cant stand them.

Britney Spears
Lady Gaga
Shakira (I know you say she's been warped by the corporate, and I agree but still)
Niki Manaj
Justin Beiber
Taylor Swift

All these people are lousy in just about every way, but have been pushed by award organizations, new and paparazzi, and everything else to be like they are the second coming of God when in fact they are all just about as talented as a plastic spoon.

so I guess that makes everyone who's famous a plastic spoon then.

Cody, you are not very open minded about these type of things. Not everyone wants to be Johnny Cash.

Nicki Minaj, Britney Spears is probably as talented as a plastic spoon. In Fact she represents all plastic spoons in the world. I give you that one

Let me ask you a question. Why do you think all the people you listed are "talentless". Describe each person, why they are talentless. I'm really curious to know the reason.

Edited by user 24 May 2011 12:04:14(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline xNightsidex  
#6253 Posted : 24 May 2011 12:12:20(UTC)
xNightsidex

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Fame will alter your perception of business, and in turn creative output, and further ahead, potential "credibility" however you want to define the word. It's pretty much expected. Not everyone can be an "anti-conformist" wingman.
#6254 Posted : 24 May 2011 12:13:42(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Yeahs she's a She wolf in the closet (Sell out to the extreme), but she also is a freaking amazing singer and producer. She can sing in 4 languages (English, Spanish, Arabic and Portuguese). She can write music in 2 languages (English and Spanish), play the harmonica, guitar, drums really well.

I'm not trying to prove anything, I'm just saying. for a "talentless" person Shakira can do a whole lot. People always seem to be followers and not leaders in their own right. It's sickening.

NO.

Edited by user 24 May 2011 12:18:38(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline DistortedAudio  
#6255 Posted : 24 May 2011 12:20:00(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gildermershina Go to Quoted Post
Woo, wrote a decent bio for MGS, and now considering whether or not to go into the whole MGS initials/Montsalvat thing. It's very hard to explain to other people.

Not as hard as explaining the whole 3 Fatimas thing. Have at thee!
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Mt. Epic  
#6256 Posted : 24 May 2011 13:30:18(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Not true dude.

That is completely biased. Those evil high school professors. Ughhh! I can't wait to be certified as a AP teacher btw
Anyways, Industry politics lead you to believe this. Maybe you've have the whole definition of what a pop star is incorrect.

The music industry is more of a business thing than a music thing. They craft talentless celebrities who were hired for their looks, give them a catchy stage name, have them sing, auto-tune the hell out of the vocal take, and then include a bunch of repetitive synths. They give the tracks a cool title, and the cooler the name, the higher on the Billboard charts it will appear.
UserPostedImage

#6257 Posted : 24 May 2011 13:52:44(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Not true dude.

The music industry is more of a business thing than a music thing. They craft talentless celebrities who were hired for their looks, give them a catchy stage name, have them sing, auto-tune the hell out of the vocal take, and then include a bunch of repetitive synths. They give the tracks a cool title, and the cooler the name, the higher on the Billboard charts it will appear.

Of course it is. That's why its called the MUSIC INDUSTRY. Looks like your AP teacher is feeding you a whole bunch of sugar coated/biased opinions.

When you sign a contract, aren't you aware that what you're getting into, is basically like a business deal. No artist or band ever signs a major record deal without having to deal with some sort of "Business". That's why people have managers, to deal with all that. Until you understand what the music business is all about, you really can't say much.

It's really up to you to become a puppet or not, by simply working with what the label wants you to do or going independent. If you're person that's into making money and while hating to admit it loves fame, then that's the person you become. But if you don't show a major record label, that you're not whatsoever interested in profiting the label in $$$$$$, they are going to smile at you and ask you to leave their territory.

And if they sign. That doesn't mean they are talentless. It doesn't mean they all use auto-tune. It doesn't mean they all change their names for cool ones, it doesn't mean they all are about Billboard chart positions.,,,,, You see labels are willing to work with you, since due to the tricky music market, they see business from a big scale of options. Instant Success (someone like Britney Spears), Building success (Someone like Shakira) ect.

They know what sells and what doesn't, it is up to the artist/band, to make music that not only is great, but is marketable to some sort of audience. That is the cold truth. It doesn't mean they are talentless or all the other stereotype people make out of jealousy or rebelliousness.

It's all a big lie, that people are living/supporting, simply because they hate that genre of music.

Edited by user 24 May 2011 13:57:51(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline asdf  
#6258 Posted : 24 May 2011 15:15:42(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Originally Posted by: asdf Go to Quoted Post

Britney Spears
Lady Gaga
Niki Manaj
Justin Beiber
Taylor Swift

so I guess that makes everyone who's famous a plastic spoon then.

Cody, you are not very open minded about these type of things. Not everyone wants to be Johnny Cash.

Nicki Minaj, Britney Spears is probably as talented as a plastic spoon. In Fact she represents all plastic spoons in the world. I give you that one

Let me ask you a question. Why do you think all the people you listed are "talentless". Describe each person, why they are talentless. I'm really curious to know the reason.

First sentence, of course not.

Second sentence, Nor would I want them to all be Johnny Cash. There are hundreds of artists, including pop artists who deserve to be more famous than the people who are though. I'm not open minded, but neither are you. You would die to support someone like Shakira, and I would die to get Britney Spears out of the public consciousness.

Britney Spears: Lip syncs far too often, dancing has went downhill, badly.

Lady Gaga: Uses her reputation of being an oddball far too much to where she is almost a parody of herself.

Shakira: She has become the sort of corporate sexy woman that is seen far too often. Not her fault, true. But still. She's not on the list for lack of talent, just lack of recent proof.

Niki Manaj: Oh God, do I have to even try to explain this one?

Justin Beiber: I have seen him perform twice on T.V. live. Once he noticeably was lip syncing and sounded great, a second where he was not and sounded like he had duck in his throat.

Taylor Swift: She can sing, and write. But she has become a victim of a push she didnt deserve as much as she got, and became another teen artist who dropped into a one-style artist.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline tension101  
#6259 Posted : 24 May 2011 16:11:25(UTC)
tension101

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm officially out of high school.

Damn.
Too much leather chair is unsightly and greatly increases your risk of leather-smell.
#6260 Posted : 24 May 2011 20:25:32(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Deserve/Not deserve to be famous?. That's a bit contradictory and stupid thing to want, with your standards of what music artists are "suppose" to be.

As I've said before, Britney Spears is literally the plastic spoon. The woman literally just stands in performances and moves her lips around.

Everyone else, I pretty much don't care about, because you're biased opinion applies.

Yeah I probably would die for Shakira. That women has done so much great and use with her money and fame.

Now Lady Gaga might be on or mentioned TV everyday, literally on every channel but Shakira seen far too often on TV? I don't think so, at least not anymore. Most of the time Shakira is on TV, at least after her 2009 pop album blow out, it's been rare, that she does a TV performance or music promotion of some sort. Lately, she's been on TV talking about her foundation for kids in Colombia, without an education(Piez Descalzos) which she's planning to expand in Africa and Mexico.

She's also been on a tour and performing on festivals such as this one (not her best performance of the song but she's 33 in there and sounds great)

Edited by user 24 May 2011 20:33:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified