logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

420 Pages«<312313314315316>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline asdf  
#6261 Posted : 24 May 2011 20:40:50(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post

Now Lady Gaga might be on or mentioned TV everyday, literally on every channel but Shakira seen far too often on TV?

No no, thats not what I meant about Shakira. I meant she has become (by force) the same kind of sexual toy that they have put out too often before.

How am I biased? Isn't everyone.

I simply believe that there is a remarkable difference between some people who get famous and those who dont. There is a simple example.

a pretty young blonde willing to shake her butt or a young male with squared jaw good looks and a tinkle in his eye are trying to get noticed. They both cannot sing worth a damn.

A girl with braces, freckles, mop hair, and overweight, and a balding guy with acne try to get famous later in the same room. They both have the voices of angels and the ability of Gods.

I guarantee you the top two get noticed, simply because you never see the braces girl or the acne guy.

Surely even you can admit that is wrong.

Besides, I'm not saying that Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber dont deserve to be famous. But do they really deserve as much as they have gotten? Can you possibly deny that they are being pawned out to people?

Interesting fact as well, you admittedly just told me that you didnt care about anything else I said besides the stuff about Shakira.... Brick wall
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline genocidal king  
#6262 Posted : 24 May 2011 20:43:22(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Originally Posted by: asdf Go to Quoted Post

Now Lady Gaga might be on or mentioned TV everyday, literally on every channel but Shakira seen far too often on TV?

No no, thats not what I meant about Shakira. I meant she has become (by force) the same kind of sexual toy that they have put out too often before.

How am I biased? Isn't everyone.

I simply believe that there is a remarkable difference between some people who get famous and those who dont. There is a simple example.

a pretty young blonde willing to shake her butt or a young male with squared jaw good looks and a tinkle in his eye are trying to get noticed. They both cannot sing worth a damn.

A girl with braces, freckles, mop hair, and overweight, and a balding guy with acne try to get famous later in the same room. They both have the voices of angels and the ability of Gods.

I guarantee you the top two get noticed, simply because you never see the braces girl or the acne guy.

Surely even you can admit that is wrong.

Besides, I'm not saying that Lady Gaga or Justin Bieber dont deserve to be famous. But do they really deserve as much as they have gotten? Can you possibly deny that they are being pawned out to people?

Interesting fact as well, you admittedly just told me that you didnt care about anything else I said besides the stuff about Shakira.... Brick wall

Do you want to watch ugly people on TV all day long? I sure as damn don't ;)
UserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#6263 Posted : 24 May 2011 20:49:49(UTC)
asdf

Man

Lol, no but thats hardly the point.

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#6264 Posted : 24 May 2011 20:52:49(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

You think that all ugly people are talented and anyone who looks like a model isn't. Yep!

Offline asdf  
#6265 Posted : 24 May 2011 20:56:51(UTC)
asdf

Man

You think that all ugly people are talented and anyone who looks like a model isn't. Yep!

I never said that. I'm saying that the industry is biased. Show me one place where I said that ugly people should be famous and models shouldn't. I never said that so dont put words in my mouth. ;)

Either one could be either one, naturally. But one is more likely to get noticed, and more times that not, be continued to get whored out until people are fed up with them and then they will move on to the next "star".

#6266 Posted : 24 May 2011 21:01:42(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

@asdf, it doesn't make them talentless which which is the point I'm trying to prove. Model or not. Pop star or not.
Offline asdf  
#6267 Posted : 24 May 2011 21:05:12(UTC)
asdf

Man

@asdf, it doesn't make them talentless which which is the point I'm trying to prove. Model or not. Pop star or not.

No but it is my personal opinion that some of them are. I listed those above and gave my reasons, some I even stated that it was not talent that made me dislike them but the way they have been used. I do believe I'm allowed to have an opinion, and if having one makes me "biased" then it is that which I am.

#6268 Posted : 24 May 2011 21:10:38(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

No but it is my personal opinion that some of them are. I listed those above and gave my reasons, some I even stated that it was not talent that made me dislike them but the way they have been used. I do believe I'm allowed to have an opinion, and if having one makes me "biased" then it is that which I am.

They might not be talented to your liking, but they are not talentless. No matter what you say.

You must hate every artists that looks good and can sing.
Offline asdf  
#6269 Posted : 24 May 2011 21:14:08(UTC)
asdf

Man

They might not be talented to your liking, but they are not talentless. No matter what you say.

You must hate every artists that looks good and can sing.

Yep thats me, the I hate attractive talented people but love ugly talented people. What the hell dude? I'll have to make a mental note not to insult your idols again.

There are plenty of people who I find attractive, and also can sing well. The one's I listed above just aren't some of them. I have that right to make that judgement, you asked me why and I told you. How dare you tell me I am wrong.

What's your favorite color and why?

Blue because its so dramatic.

WRONG! You must like any color that is not Red!

#6270 Posted : 24 May 2011 21:22:37(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Ok I'll make my analogy then.

Asdf: What's a true color?

Me: Black.

Asdf: That's not a true color.

Me: Yes it is.

Asdf: Light green is a true color.

Me: Colors come in all different colors dude....

Lol I'm just gonna leave at this.

Offline asdf  
#6271 Posted : 24 May 2011 21:26:41(UTC)
asdf

Man

Okay, but I never said anything remotely similar to that...

I simply said my opinion is that they aren't talented. Not that you should think the same way as me, you can like them if you desire too.

Can anyone here tell me that they dont agree that an ugly talented person is less likely to get noticed by the press and record companies than a great looking TALENTLESS person?

The people above may or may not have talent, and that is a matter of opinion but my example with the above is a person who cant sing a single note correctly.

Offline asdf  
#6272 Posted : 24 May 2011 21:40:05(UTC)
asdf

Man

Friends, no matter who they are or what you do...they will never trust you and always stab you in the back.

I honestly think life would be more enjoyable living in the woods in a one room cabin without any human contact.

Offline Mt. Epic  
#6273 Posted : 24 May 2011 22:08:59(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mt. Epic Go to Quoted Post

all Britney has to do is stand there, and she sells records. Like are you kidding me. What the hell happened to her stage presence and charisma? That "knee injury" is not an excuse. The bitch is literally a mannequin.

hehe, it's funny because so is every other pop star

Not true dude.

yeah, pretty much. Other than perhaps the dancing (most of it is similar in style anyway, with just slight different choreography and outfits), it's all the same.

Wrong again. Do more research and stop listening to your rebel thoughts.

I have done research, in my AP Music Theory class. Got a solid A on it as a matter of fact. And our school is considered the top school in the state in the music and arts department, so don't tell me my teacher is terrible.

That is completely biased. Those evil high school professors. Ughhh! I can't wait to be certified as a AP teacher btw
Anyways, Industry politics lead you to believe this. Maybe you've have the whole definition of what a pop star is incorrect.

The music industry is more of a business thing than a music thing. They craft talentless celebrities who were hired for their looks, give them a catchy stage name, have them sing, auto-tune the hell out of the vocal take, and then include a bunch of repetitive synths. They give the tracks a cool title, and the cooler the name, the higher on the Billboard charts it will appear.

Of course it is. That's why its called the MUSIC INDUSTRY. Looks like your AP teacher is feeding you a whole bunch of sugar coated/biased opinions.

When you sign a contract, aren't you aware that what you're getting into, is basically like a business deal. No artist or band ever signs a major record deal without having to deal with some sort of "Business". That's why people have managers, to deal with all that. Until you understand what the music business is all about, you really can't say much.

It's really up to you to become a puppet or not, by simply working with what the label wants you to do or going independent. If you're person that's into making money and while hating to admit it loves fame, then that's the person you become. But if you don't show a major record label, that you're not whatsoever interested in profiting the label in $$$$$$, they are going to smile at you and ask you to leave their territory.

And if they sign. That doesn't mean they are talentless. It doesn't mean they all use auto-tune. It doesn't mean they all change their names for cool ones, it doesn't mean they all are about Billboard chart positions.,,,,, You see labels are willing to work with you, since due to the tricky music market, they see business from a big scale of options. Instant Success (someone like Britney Spears), Building success (Someone like Shakira) ect.

They know what sells and what doesn't, it is up to the artist/band, to make music that not only is great, but is marketable to some sort of audience. That is the cold truth. It doesn't mean they are talentless or all the other stereotype people make out of jealousy or rebelliousness.

It's all a big lie, that people are living/supporting, simply because they hate that genre of music.

You don't get it. The music industry used to be about making good quality music for the money. The music being released now it made quickly, over-produced garbage with plenty of repetition because they know that the majority of the public don't know good music if it hit them in the head. They're basically making a quick buck with something with little effort in it just so they can get the money.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
thanks 1 user thanked Mt. Epic for this useful post.
asdf on 24/05/2011(UTC)
#6274 Posted : 24 May 2011 22:26:52(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Actually I do.

I believe a true singer, is someone who sings from the heart. Same applies with artist, writer ect. While many people feel the same way as me, in the end that is also an opinion.

Once again your rebellious teacher is feeding you rebellious opinions. There is no such thing as "good quality" music in the sense of the way you perceive it, since that's a broad definition to many. It's all opinion.

I'm kind of shocked your AP teacher didn't teach you music appreciation. Now if you're the one making it, then it might not meet your standards, and then it might be low quality to you. Because its not being heard the way you want it to be heard.

Album fillers are an exception.

How do you know the music being made nowadays is made quickly. Are you in fact in the studio with every artists that makes music. Do you know the actual process of making a song?

Whether is being made quickly or not, don't you understand that some people work faster than others. Some peoeple can learn the composition of a song by listening to it just once.

There are so many things I could go on about, but since it all varies in the end, it won't really prove my point.

Edited by user 24 May 2011 22:28:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#6275 Posted : 24 May 2011 22:37:33(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Okay, but I never said anything remotely similar to that...

I simply said my opinion is that they aren't talented. Not that you should think the same way as me, you can like them if you desire too.

Can anyone here tell me that they dont agree that an ugly talented person is less likely to get noticed by the press and record companies than a great looking TALENTLESS person?

The people above may or may not have talent, and that is a matter of opinion but my example with the above is a person who cant sing a single note correctly.

This person has been #1 on the billboard Hot 100 the past two weeks. Her album has been #1 the past 4 weeks (8 weeks in total) on the Billboard 200.

Offline asdf  
#6276 Posted : 24 May 2011 22:51:45(UTC)
asdf

Man

Great, because from that one video I would say she's pretty good...

#6277 Posted : 24 May 2011 23:13:05(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Great, because from that one video I would say she's pretty good...

Let's just let it go.

#6278 Posted : 25 May 2011 00:08:10(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Watching the Casey Anthony Case on Tv right now. This is getting good!
Offline Raphaela  
#6279 Posted : 25 May 2011 04:44:37(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
I have a date with an ultra-hot dyke.
<3
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline Gildermershina  
#6280 Posted : 25 May 2011 04:59:25(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
There we go then, finished the band-profile for MGS in the Roleplay forum. Next up, Plague Techtonics probably, which goes back much further than the label does, as if anybody cares.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage