logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

420 Pages«<313314315316317>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline genocidal king  
#6281 Posted : 25 May 2011 05:24:25(UTC)
genocidal king

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
There comes a point the night before an exam where you say, no, i can learn no more, and the worry turns to relaxation. I am minutes from that point and I don't know nearly enough. (ps bikki this is not a plea for a suspension again ;)
UserPostedImage
Offline tension101  
#6282 Posted : 25 May 2011 18:18:09(UTC)
tension101

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stephaniewazhere Go to Quoted Post
Yeahs she's a She wolf in the closet

Ugh, are you still on that shit?
Too much leather chair is unsightly and greatly increases your risk of leather-smell.
Offline Laurelles1  
#6283 Posted : 26 May 2011 04:28:55(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
I fucking hate drama coursework...
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Mt. Epic  
#6284 Posted : 26 May 2011 07:33:57(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Actually I do.

I believe a true singer, is someone who sings from the heart. Same applies with artist, writer ect. While many people feel the same way as me, in the end that is also an opinion.

Once again your rebellious teacher is feeding you rebellious opinions. There is no such thing as "good quality" music in the sense of the way you perceive it, since that's a broad definition to many. It's all opinion.

I'm kind of shocked your AP teacher didn't teach you music appreciation. Now if you're the one making it, then it might not meet your standards, and then it might be low quality to you. Because its not being heard the way you want it to be heard.

Album fillers are an exception.

How do you know the music being made nowadays is made quickly. Are you in fact in the studio with every artists that makes music. Do you know the actual process of making a song?

Whether is being made quickly or not, don't you understand that some people work faster than others. Some peoeple can learn the composition of a song by listening to it just once.

There are so many things I could go on about, but since it all varies in the end, it won't really prove my point.

lol, don't blame my teacher on this. I am the one who did the research, so insult me instead (yes, I am proud to be his pupil because he is one of the finest in the business). But, all TRUE musicians will agree that the music created nowadays is complete and utter bullshit.

For example, how many "rap" artists can you think of that rap about getting laid, doing drugs, and shooting people? How many "rock" bands can you think of that have a simple catchy guitar part to it, and the singer either sounds like Peyton Manning or a 17 year old blonde chick? And the ones that are "metal" who have all of those piercing and nonsense tattoos, who all have a couple of distorted chords and hoarse vocals to sound almost pleasingly evil?

But, of course we are talking about your precious dance pop music (whatever you wish to call it). How many of those women (we'll get to the lads later) have a song about being heartbroken? How many of them have those "I don't give a fuck about you anymore songs"? How many of them have music that doesn't have some meaning to "love"? Do you really think all of those woman are truly always getting rejected? C'mon! They're hot, they have money, and they...well, that's pretty much it. You can't be a real artist and constantly have your personal lives up in the internet, being updated every couple seconds. Do you see any bands that are lucky enough to be talented and in the mainstream such as Foo Fighters have anything up other than their discography and tickets for sale when you look them up? When you look up Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Shakira, etc., you get all of this garbage about how one of them said something to another, and they all get personal about this, and they wear this dress, or they say something smart on some show, or wear provocatively somewhere, or something like that, and that's because they are celebrities. But they aren't celebrities in the same sense that celebrities used to be. They are all walking advertisements.

None of them are actually just being genuine, they are robots, not in the sense that most people consider robots to being man-made mechanical programmings. Rather, they are used for marketing. They can help shows get a good rating, help a product sell, make THEIR products sell (Albums, singles, EP's, etc.). Nothing they do is genuine, and you are a fool to fall for any of their stories and fairytales. Their music is exactly the same. Watch the film "Before the Music Dies". You will learn so much about the music industry. You will see truly how wicked those people are, and that they only care about the money. They can take the worst singer ever, add a couple synths, auto-tune the shit out of their voices, and they will make you think she has the greatest soprano voice ever on the face of this earth.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
thanks 1 user thanked Mt. Epic for this useful post.
asdf on 26/05/2011(UTC)
Offline Gildermershina  
#6285 Posted : 26 May 2011 08:14:17(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mt. Epic Go to Quoted Post
Actually I do.

I believe a true singer, is someone who sings from the heart. Same applies with artist, writer ect. While many people feel the same way as me, in the end that is also an opinion.

Once again your rebellious teacher is feeding you rebellious opinions. There is no such thing as "good quality" music in the sense of the way you perceive it, since that's a broad definition to many. It's all opinion.

I'm kind of shocked your AP teacher didn't teach you music appreciation. Now if you're the one making it, then it might not meet your standards, and then it might be low quality to you. Because its not being heard the way you want it to be heard.

Album fillers are an exception.

How do you know the music being made nowadays is made quickly. Are you in fact in the studio with every artists that makes music. Do you know the actual process of making a song?

Whether is being made quickly or not, don't you understand that some people work faster than others. Some peoeple can learn the composition of a song by listening to it just once.

There are so many things I could go on about, but since it all varies in the end, it won't really prove my point.

lol, don't blame my teacher on this. I am the one who did the research, so insult me instead (yes, I am proud to be his pupil because he is one of the finest in the business). But, all TRUE musicians will agree that the music created nowadays is complete and utter bullshit.

For example, how many "rap" artists can you think of that rap about getting laid, doing drugs, and shooting people? How many "rock" bands can you think of that have a simple catchy guitar part to it, and the singer either sounds like Peyton Manning or a 17 year old blonde chick? And the ones that are "metal" who have all of those piercing and nonsense tattoos, who all have a couple of distorted chords and hoarse vocals to sound almost pleasingly evil?

But, of course we are talking about your precious dance pop music (whatever you wish to call it). How many of those women (we'll get to the lads later) have a song about being heartbroken? How many of them have those "I don't give a fuck about you anymore songs"? How many of them have music that doesn't have some meaning to "love"? Do you really think all of those woman are truly always getting rejected? C'mon! They're hot, they have money, and they...well, that's pretty much it. You can't be a real artist and constantly have your personal lives up in the internet, being updated every couple seconds. Do you see any bands that are lucky enough to be talented and in the mainstream such as Foo Fighters have anything up other than their discography and tickets for sale when you look them up? When you look up Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Shakira, etc., you get all of this garbage about how one of them said something to another, and they all get personal about this, and they wear this dress, or they say something smart on some show, or wear provocatively somewhere, or something like that, and that's because they are celebrities. But they aren't celebrities in the same sense that celebrities used to be. They are all walking advertisements.

None of them are actually just being genuine, they are robots, not in the sense that most people consider robots to being man-made mechanical programmings. Rather, they are used for marketing. They can help shows get a good rating, help a product sell, make THEIR products sell (Albums, singles, EP's, etc.). Nothing they do is genuine, and you are a fool to fall for any of their stories and fairytales. Their music is exactly the same. Watch the film "Before the Music Dies". You will learn so much about the music industry. You will see truly how wicked those people are, and that they only care about the money. They can take the worst singer ever, add a couple synths, auto-tune the shit out of their voices, and they will make you think she has the greatest soprano voice ever on the face of this earth.

Normally I wouldn't agree with such generalisations, but you're pretty much right. I don't think it's the artists that are "evil", but the producers, the label execs, the entire apparatus of the traditional music industry is a horribly exploitative industry which uses talent or looks for as long as it turns a profit, then discards them (but conveniently holds onto all of the rights to their recorded material in perpetuity). In the mainstream pop world (and I'm talking right from talented singer-dancer types like Beyonce down through popular bands with some level of "credibility" like Foo Fighters), it's a marketer's industry not an artist's industry. They know how to exploit certain demographics, and you can bet they have an artist for every occasion, and a promotional strategy to match. Mainstream pop is all about the hit single, the video, the TV appearances, the multimedia blitz. Only a few artists prove to have much longevity up there. For rock bands there's a slower burn, because the consumers don't like to think they're being pandered to (even though they totally are). So they'll keep bands around who reliably hit smaller more dedicated audiences. It's all horribly cynical though.

Now of course now that the internet has deemed music valueless, we're in a world where the horrible process of manufacturing these new popstars happens on prime-time television. When somebody wins American Idol or X-Factor, the moment of them winning that contest is the biggest they will ever be, because it happened live on television.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#6286 Posted : 26 May 2011 10:27:54(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
I went out with this girl a few weeks back...it was alright, I decided I didn't want to do it again though. So she just text me, and asked if I did, and I said yeah...hmmm, that may have been the wrong answer, guess I'll have to now though
UserPostedImage
Offline DistortedAudio  
#6287 Posted : 26 May 2011 12:03:57(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
FUCK YES! Dialogue with a friend today:

"Man I so want to learn bass, I'd be fucking awesome if I knew how to play the bass."

"I could always teach you seeing how I PLAY THE FUCKING INSTRUMENT."

"Well, I don't have a bass though."

"Nah, I could let you have one of my old crappy ones."

At that moment, my aspirations of being a true musician slowly began to come to fruition.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Mt. Epic  
#6288 Posted : 26 May 2011 12:22:02(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Originally Posted by: DistortedAudio Go to Quoted Post

"Man I so want to learn bass, I'd be fucking awesome if I knew how to play the bass."

At that moment, my aspirations of being a true musician slowly began to come to fruition.

do u play bass, or does he play bass?
UserPostedImage

Offline DistortedAudio  
#6289 Posted : 26 May 2011 13:32:33(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

He plays bass.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Mt. Epic  
#6290 Posted : 27 May 2011 07:04:36(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

He plays bass.

ah, nice!
UserPostedImage

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#6291 Posted : 27 May 2011 09:04:19(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Flash back

Offline Mt. Epic  
#6292 Posted : 27 May 2011 09:57:10(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

headed up north tomorrow for memorial day, didn't even think much about that up until now. Just realized that
UserPostedImage

Offline Gildermershina  
#6293 Posted : 27 May 2011 10:26:34(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Fiddling about with more MGS artwork possibilities. It took a while to come up with an MGS4 logo I was happy with, and then I dug through some old photos. Need to fine tune it a bit obviously. Also: that is not the real album name.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Mt. Epic  
#6294 Posted : 27 May 2011 10:50:40(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

The Flaming Lips and Stardeath and White Dwarfs with Henry Rollins and Peaches Doing The Dark Side of the Moon

Beautiful
UserPostedImage

Offline John  
#6295 Posted : 27 May 2011 13:39:28(UTC)
John

Man

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Actually I do.

But, all TRUE musicians will agree that the music created nowadays is complete and utter bullshit.

I've pretty much decided that all music eras are pretty much equal. I used to hate certain eras in music (particularly the 80's and 2000's) but that was only because I was ignorant of them. Anyone can find music to love in any era if they're willing to look. I think, if I had to pick, that the 2000's, along with the 70's, would be my favorite decade for music. Also, people acting like pop music has only now become shallow need to get real.-

It's My Party (And I'll Cry If I Want To)

Is "Party In the USA" really any worse than that? I do think one problem in the mindset of modern record labels is that they're reactive instead of proactive. They used to try and discover new styles, like with Elvis and the Grunge and Punk movements. Their motive was still only to make money, but you ended up with more diverse music. Now major labels don't take chances on new sounds as much. With the exception of grunge, every big rock movement of the past 20 years has been about reinventing the past. Post-Punk revival, Britpop, Pop-punk, all the new emo bands exc.. Grunge is the one exception. But yeah, there's still plenty of good music, so go and find it.

My Characters-
John York-Guitarist/Multi-Instrumentalist-Genres-Alt Rock/Post-Punk, heavily interested in the Avant-Guard-Face Claim-Graham Coxon- Is Currently-Screwing around
Kim Black-Vocalist/Bassist-Post-Punk/New Wave-Is currently-In India trying to find herself
Website for my old Post-Punk band, which featured John and Kim

Offline DistortedAudio  
#6296 Posted : 27 May 2011 14:07:04(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Jumped back on the lesser known indie rock band WHIRL. Man are they awesome, they have that grunge sound but indie vocals type of thing going for them. Also UNKNOWN MORTAL ORCHESTRA IS COMING HERE AND OHMYGOD PORTUGAL, THE MAN IS PLAYING WITH THEM. I neeed tickeeettttzzzzz.
UserPostedImage

SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
#6297 Posted : 28 May 2011 06:11:22(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

My internet is acting up today :(
Offline tension101  
#6298 Posted : 28 May 2011 08:50:54(UTC)
tension101

Man

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I just remembered how much I love all of you :)

I miss this community, I'll probably start coming back more.
Too much leather chair is unsightly and greatly increases your risk of leather-smell.
Offline Mt. Epic  
#6299 Posted : 31 May 2011 07:21:11(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

back from the Northern Wisconsin woods, ik probably nobody cares anyway :P
UserPostedImage

#6300 Posted : 31 May 2011 09:11:46(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Originally Posted by: tension101 Go to Quoted Post
Yeahs she's a She wolf in the closet

Ugh, are you still on that shit?

shhhhh..... I actually hate the song now ;)

But it's still one of the best pop songs!