logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#61 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:15:29(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
troymazing wrote:
Well then they shouldn't have broken the law. Besides, who cares if Mexico has the space, the aliens are their citizens and therefore their problem.

That right there sums up my statement, they can't be put in jail because they don't have the space and its unnecessary to do that.
The children would have to be put in foster care (unless you want them in jail too) and it would be a bigger mess.

Think people think!
Offline Rincewind  
#62 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:16:51(UTC)
Rincewind

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
troymazing wrote:
Well then they shouldn't have broken the law. Besides, who cares if Mexico has the space, the aliens are their citizens and therefore their problem.

That right there sums up my statement, they can't be put in jail because they don't have the space and its unnecessary to do that.
The children would have to be put in foster care (unless you want them in jail too) and it would be a bigger mess.

Think people think!

its a very immotive topic that prevents people from thinking a lot of the time... People have preconcived opinions and stick to them.
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline old.gregg  
#63 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:18:30(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
It's worth noting that this is Serious Debate - not Off Topic. Join in the debate as the others are, or leave, but do not just try and insult eachother. /mod.
-
Offline forkboy  
#64 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:18:59(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
troymazing wrote:

But they've broken US law so why should Mexican taxpayers have to foot the bill? Going to America illegally isn't a crime in Mexico as far as I'm aware.

America's prisons are already full to overflowing because of America's ridiculously draconian laws on matters like drugs, or the stupid "three strikes" law that some states have. The fact is that just because there is a law for something doesn't make that law right or just. Laws are made by man and often it is immoral to observe the law.
#65 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:21:53(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

forkboy wrote:
troymazing wrote:

But they've broken US law so why should Mexican taxpayers have to foot the bill? Going to America illegally isn't a crime in Mexico as far as I'm aware.

America's prisons are already full to overflowing because of America's ridiculously draconian laws on matters like drugs, or the stupid "three strikes" law that some states have. The fact is that just because there is a law for something doesn't make that law right or just. Laws are made by man and often it is immoral to observe the law.

The only thing I disagree with your statement is the drug part, but everything else I agree.
Offline asdf  
#66 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:23:57(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I feel EXTREMELY sorry for the children but it is not our fault that their parent were a bunch of morons and decided to come here illegally. We would not have to worry about the kids if the parent had not been so dumb.

Also, once again I did not say to send them to jail, I said sent them home as if it were the jail.

Send them Home = Send them to jail

As to preconceived ideas, you are very right indeed Rince, it takes me back to the God topic, and to the argument of if Michael Jackson molested those kids or not, once you have an opinion...you become to suborn to see other viewpoints.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
#67 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:26:30(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

asdf wrote:
I feel EXTREMELY sorry for the children but it is not our fault that their parent were a bunch of morons and decided to come here illegally. We would not have to worry about the kids if the parent had not been so dumb.

Also, once again I did not say to send them to jail, I said sent them home as if it were the jail.

As to preconceived ideas, you are very right indeed Rince, it takes me back to the God topic, and to the argument of if Michael Jackson molested those kids or not, once you have an opinion...you become to suborn to see other viewpoints.

See what I mean Rincewind I am not the only one whose feelings get in the way. (this was directed to Rincewind not to asdf, just proving a point)

Boy, you are confusing me.

Offline Rincewind  
#68 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:27:25(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

i can understand why people do it though... If you want a better life for youself and your family are you saying you wouldn't do anything to make sure you lived in an advanced western society like America or the UK... i know that if i had been denied an imigration aplication i would try and get in any way i could...

Also here is an honest question... When i say Illegal immigrant, what picture do you see? Black, White, Hispanic etc etc?
and im just like:
Offline forkboy  
#69 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:27:59(UTC)
forkboy

asdf wrote:

I wasn't responding to you.

And their parents are hardly being dumb when you consider how much better their lives will be living on one side of an artificial boundary line than on the other side. It's about fucking survival, it's not stupid at all.
#70 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:33:22(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Rincewind wrote:
i can understand why people do it though... If you want a better life for youself and your family are you saying you wouldn't do anything to make sure you lived in an advanced western society like America or the UK... i know that if i had been denied an imigration aplication i would try and get in any way i could...

Also here is an honest question... When i say Illegal immigrant, what picture do you see? Black, White, Hispanic etc etc?

I see all kinds of people. When I think of Europe, Mexico, China ect.
Offline asdf  
#71 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:34:54(UTC)
asdf

Man

Here something, instead of breaking into are succesful country, why not fight back and try to make their own country into something? Thats what makes America different from Mexico, we broke free from a crap government and made our own way how we saw fit (even if it got screwed up later) so why wouldnt the Mexicans stand up and fight their piece of crap government? Why? Cause its easier to break the law and come over here!

As for the fact that they just want better for their families...o.k., but why no do it legally if you want it so bad?

Offline Paradox  
#72 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:37:08(UTC)
Paradox

Man

troymazing wrote:

Well you see I'm Mexican but I luckily havent the need to immigrate to some other country (and if I hado to it wont be the US) but we are sort having a crisis and if at first economy wasnt really healthy now its pretty fucked up, and the US inmigration (the one that decides who goes legally and who doesnt) are a bunch of idiots, it costs about 100 dollars per person and imagine someone whose weekly income is about 30 dollars (which is above many families across the country) and they have to take a wife and 3 kids, plus i would say half the requests are denied by paranoid white trash.

Edited by user 09 August 2009 10:37:58(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline asdf  
#73 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:38:26(UTC)
asdf

Man

If you are that poor, then dont have kids, thats another problem through out the world.

Offline Rincewind  
#74 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:39:03(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

asdf wrote:
Thats what makes America different from Mexico, we broke free from a crap government

oh such an epic fail statement.
and im just like:
#75 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:39:25(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

asdf wrote:
Here something, instead of breaking into are succesful country, why not fight back and try to make their own country into something? Thats what makes America different from Mexico, we broke free from a crap government and made our own way how we saw fit (even if it got screwed up later) so why wouldnt the Mexicans stand up and fight their piece of crap government? Why? Cause its easier to break the law and come over here!

As for the fact that they just want better for their families...o.k., but why no do it legally if you want it so bad?

Our country is doing so bad right now you might as well not us it for comparison, use UK or something.

It takes a lot of money which they don't have. They can't live here because they are not citizens, citizenship its a hard process which takes a lot of money.
Offline forkboy  
#76 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:39:44(UTC)
forkboy

asdf wrote:

Why? Well, because for a start, things are slightly different now than they were in 1776. Mexico can't exactly be supported by a slave-based economy like America was back then, can it?

Making a country better takes time, effort, money and a real desire to improve things. It's helped by the fact that American companies regular close down factories in the US and move them south of the border, "outsourcing" them to places where the staff take a very very small wage in comparison to the US employees. Once you get stuck in a job, it's not easy to get out of it. I mean really how can the average man in the street improve Mexico? What would you suggest? Fuck, why don't you just turn down all asylum seekers with that answer?

Very naive viewpoint.

Although I do greatly admire groups like the Zapatistas who are trying to actively push for positive change inside Mexico, for the indigenous people and for ALL citizens.
Offline asdf  
#77 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:40:47(UTC)
asdf

Man

How is it so? England of the time was very restrictive and controlling to the colonists, just as Mexico is to its citizens. So, how is it an epic failing statement?

#78 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:40:58(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

asdf wrote:
If you are that poor, then dont have kids, thats another problem through out the world.

They would be poor either way, and see most of them want to have kids thats part of their culture.
Offline Paradox  
#79 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:41:07(UTC)
Paradox

Man

asdf wrote:

Why? Is it somehow a right reserved to rich people, but I would say if you are poor having 6 children is a monument to stupidity.
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline forkboy  
#80 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:41:45(UTC)
forkboy

asdf wrote:

OK, here's a bit of...fuck, I don't know what you call it. Demographics related nonsense. People have lots of kids so that some of them actually survive to adulthood. That's because child mortality rates in 2nd & 3rd world countries are appallingly high. So you see, you have lots of kids to ensure that you have a larger chance of having people who will support you when you are too old to go out and work. That's the way it works. Not so much an issue for us comfy folk in our first world countries.