logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline asdf  
#81 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:42:32(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
I didnt say it would be easy, or cheap, or fast, I said it would be better than breaking into America and breaking countless laws.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline forkboy  
#82 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:44:46(UTC)
forkboy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
asdf wrote:
I didnt say it would be easy, or cheap, or fast, I said it would be better than breaking into America and breaking countless laws.

From your perspective maybe. Hardly from theirs. Why should they care about anything more than the wellbeing of their family? That's clearly what matters in life.

And as I've said before, just because something is a law doesn't make it right or just or moral or anything like that. To take a completely extreme point, Germany in 1936 and it's anti-Jew laws. They were the law. But I like to think I'd have done the upmost I can to help any Jewish friends to escape the persecution of Kristallnacht.
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#83 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:45:22(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
asdf wrote:

No it wouldn't be better, I really have no specifics on how they do it but I heard It was hard. If they take all those chances it must be because they know it will be better and it will be more possible. Even though some of them miss their homes, they still say it is worth it.
Offline Paradox  
#84 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:47:01(UTC)
Paradox

Man

asdf wrote:
Here something, instead of breaking into are succesful country, why not fight back and try to make their own country into something? Thats what makes America different from Mexico, we broke free from a crap government and made our own way how we saw fit (even if it got screwed up later) so why wouldnt the Mexicans stand up and fight their piece of crap government? Why? Cause its easier to break the law and come over here!

As for the fact that they just want better for their families...o.k., but why no do it legally if you want it so bad?

Well US is build over the skeletons of mexican and indian people, anyway no one wants to go over a revolution again, Mexico is somehow scarred for the 68 massacre (the government killed many people wanna know why? because the Mexico 68 Olympics were coming) and the revolution at beginning of the past century, plus the way elections go here you hve to choose what is called the less worst candidate, there is 2 capitalist ultra conservative parties and then there is a so-called leftist party run by monkeys so how to get the country out of the hole?
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline Gildermershina  
#85 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:47:16(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
asdf wrote:
If you are that poor, then dont have kids, thats another problem through out the world.

OK, here's a bit of...fuck, I don't know what you call it. Demographics related nonsense. People have lots of kids so that some of them actually survive to adulthood. That's because child mortality rates in 2nd & 3rd world countries are appallingly high. So you see, you have lots of kids to ensure that you have a larger chance of having people who will support you when you are too old to go out and work. That's the way it works. Not so much an issue for us comfy folk in our first world countries.

Indeed, and then we have less and less children so that the population actually shrinks, and we actually need skilled immigrant workers, which incites more illegal immigration.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#86 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:47:25(UTC)
asdf

Man

"A Monument to Stupidity" is exactly how I would have worded it. If you can barely support you and you wife, then maybe you shouldnt have sex every night of the week cause yea you might still be poor, but then you wouldnt have to worry about the children that you just unfairly brought into a unstable home. Plus it would make Stephs argument of "Wont anyone please think of the Children?" be non-existent.

Offline asdf  
#87 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:49:30(UTC)
asdf

Man

Wouldnt the nerve racking prospect of wondering if you we going to get caught and the whole family sent back to Mexico be just as bad as being poor, and if not the Why not do it legally?????????

Offline Paradox  
#88 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:50:47(UTC)
Paradox

Man

forkboy wrote:
asdf wrote:
If you are that poor, then dont have kids, thats another problem through out the world.

OK, here's a bit of...fuck, I don't know what you call it. Demographics related nonsense. People have lots of kids so that some of them actually survive to adulthood. That's because child mortality rates in 2nd & 3rd world countries are appallingly high. So you see, you have lots of kids to ensure that you have a larger chance of having people who will support you when you are too old to go out and work. That's the way it works. Not so much an issue for us comfy folk in our first world countries.

What about over population I think some countries like Cuba that has an incredible medical system yet somehow its a third world country a family with 5 kids will have 1 employed son/daughter and 4 unemployed, alcoholic homeless kids on the future
RP bands:

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Mod Edit - you failed...

Offline Paradox  
#89 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:52:18(UTC)
Paradox

Man

asdf wrote:
"A Monument to Stupidity" is exactly how I would have worded it. If you can barely support you and you wife, then maybe you shouldnt have sex every night of the week cause yea you might still be poor, but then you wouldnt have to worry about the children that you just unfairly brought into a unstable home. Plus it would make Stephs argument of "Wont anyone please think of the Children?" be non-existent.

Well, but unfortunately not so many people are as educated as some of us.
RP bands:

stephaniewazhere wrote:

Mod Edit - you failed...

#90 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:53:07(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

asdf wrote:

You can't tell somebody not to have kids. Who doesn't have sex. Sex is the best way to releases stress and I'm pretty sure they don't have sex every night. Now I don't know if its cuz they can't afford condoms but like I said before its part of their culture to have kids. And yes some of them can't, because if they can't buy a single pound of bread how can they afford condoms.
Offline forkboy  
#91 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:54:59(UTC)
forkboy

Paradox wrote:
forkboy wrote:
asdf wrote:

What about over population I think some countries like Cuba that has an incredible medical system yet somehow its a third world country a family with 5 kids will have 1 employed son/daughter and 4 unemployed, alcoholic homeless kids on the future

The reason that Cuba is a third world country is partly related to the economic system used on the island, and partly because of the extremely harsh and unfair embargo that has been placed on the island by America. While the Americans will happily trade with the Chinese, a far more oppressive regime, and even allow it's companies to work in Myanmar, Cuba remains off limits. Utterly, utterly ridiculous.

Yes, overpopulation is of course a risk. But it's not a big one. I mean once an area gets fantastic health system that means the rates of infant mortality fall, and thus the birth rate also falls. People have children because it is a genetic imperative. However they also have them with the idea that they will then have someone who will look after them in old age
Offline asdf  
#92 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:56:17(UTC)
asdf

Man

Quote:
Indeed, and then we have less and less children so that the population actually shrinks, and we actually need skilled immigrant workers, which incites more illegal immigration.

We are hugely over populated, it will be a while before we dont have enough workers.Brick wall

6,706,993,152 people in the world and by 2020 we will have

at this rate also, did you know Mexico is the 11th most populated country in the world? United states is third.

There are 306,969,574 people in the USA and
11,000,000 are ILLEGAL imigrants.

Offline forkboy  
#93 Posted : 09 August 2009 10:57:37(UTC)
forkboy

asdf wrote:
Wouldnt the nerve racking prospect of wondering if you we going to get caught and the whole family sent back to Mexico be just as bad as being poor, and if not the Why not do it legally?????????

No, I don't think that is anywhere near as bad as actually being in poverty. We're not talking about being "poor". We're talking poverty, high crime areas, drug gangs regularly massacring people in Mexican border areas, it's perfectly understandable to want to do that.

And why not do it legally? Because unlike days of yore, America has largely closed it's doors to the outside world. The numbers who can arrive legally for permanent are very small. And so often they will try it the legal root, and it will fail and so they will decide that it is for the best for their family to get out as soon as possible. It is perfectly understandable.
Offline asdf  
#94 Posted : 09 August 2009 11:01:05(UTC)
asdf

Man

Quote:
You can't tell somebody not to have kids. Who doesn't have sex. Sex is the best way to releases stress and I'm pretty sure they don't have sex every night. Now I don't know if its cuz they can't afford condoms but like I said before its part of their culture to have kids. And yes some of them can't, because if they can't buy a single pound of bread how can they afford condoms.

I didnt say "Make them not have sex" I am saying that they are causing there own problems by doing so wheather its good and releases stress or not. It make release stress while its happening but 9 months from now, you will have more stress than ever. Its common sense. Like chocolate, good now, makes you fat later.

#95 Posted : 09 August 2009 11:01:09(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

asdf wrote:
Quote:

We are hugely over populated, it will be a while before we dont have enough workers.Brick wall

at this rate also, did you know Mexico is the 11th most populated country in the world? United states is third.

That doesn't make much of a difference to me.

295 million people are legal and adding 11,000,000 doesn't make a difference. It's less than 10% of the population.
Offline forkboy  
#96 Posted : 09 August 2009 11:02:05(UTC)
forkboy

asdf wrote:
Quote:

This discussion isn't just about America though. Illegal immigration affects many nations. I mean the thread was started by a Brit, and Paul was referencing a British problem, as our population IS currently falling. Especially in Scotland.

And your numbers are interesting.

Primarily because they state that using those figures (and it has to be pointed out that it's almost impossible to know the number of illegals because they are obviously impossible to keep track of, the number could be between 5 million and 18 million depending on your source) just over 3% of the US population is illegal immigrants. It's barely a blip on the radar.

Also, putting world population figures into the discussion have no relevance to what Paul was talking about. He was refering to the situation in First World countries.
#97 Posted : 09 August 2009 11:04:07(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

asdf wrote:
Quote:

I didnt say "Make them not have sex" I am saying that they are causing there own problems by doing so wheather its good and releases stress or not. It make release stress while its happening but 9 months from now, you will have more stress than ever. Its common sense. Like chocolate, good now, makes you fat later.

Either way they would be poor and it wouldn't make a difference
Many times they need children because that way when those kids are old enough, they can have jobs to support the family.
Offline asdf  
#98 Posted : 09 August 2009 11:07:22(UTC)
asdf

Man

No its not...We closed the doors for a reason, there are too many people here, we cant hold any more. If this keeps going we will be standing shoulder to shoulder all around the USA! I know I am contradicting myself but, realy just because your in poverty you dont go around breaking laws to make life better. The USA has many of its own citizens who are in poverty but they arent breaking into Canada!

Offline Gildermershina  
#99 Posted : 09 August 2009 11:12:47(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
asdf wrote:
Quote:

This discussion isn't just about America though. Illegal immigration affects many nations. I mean the thread was started by a Brit, and Paul was referencing a British problem, as our population IS currently falling. Especially in Scotland.

And your numbers are interesting.

Primarily because they state that using those figures (and it has to be pointed out that it's almost impossible to know the number of illegals because they are obviously impossible to keep track of, the number could be between 5 million and 18 million depending on your source) just over 3% of the US population is illegal immigrants. It's barely a blip on the radar.

Also, putting world population figures into the discussion have no relevance to what Paul was talking about. He was refering to the situation in First World countries.

Indeed that is exactly what I'm saying. In first world countries where everything is swell, population generally reaches a saturation point and then begins to slowly shrink, while in the third world, cultural, religious and other differences mean people have more children, that's what's leading to overpopulation. The whole Indian subcontinent is just a ridiculous mass of people quickly running out of space and resources. Look at Africa where the Pope keeps telling people that dying of AIDS is better in God's eyes than ever wearing a condom when you go pillaging and raping nearby villages, there the population increases and they run out of food and water when there's a drought.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline asdf  
#100 Posted : 09 August 2009 11:14:03(UTC)
asdf

Man

11 million is the figure from the USA government and while not much, it is when you consider the country is over populated with out the illegals.

TO Steph, true but before that you got 10 freaking years of having to struggle to support 3 people instead of 2 or 1. True also that they would still be poor but if you have 10 dollars (just a random figure) it is easier to get 2 people a meal on the 10 bucks than to have to pay for 3 or 4 or 5 or even 6!

$10 goes further for 2 than it does for 3...