logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

9 Pages«<45678>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#101 Posted : 09 August 2009 11:17:56(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
asdf wrote:
11 million is the figure from the USA government and while not much, it is when you consider the country is over populated with out the illegals.

TO Steph, true but before that you got 10 freaking years of having to struggle to support 3 people instead of 2 or 1. True also that they would still be poor but if you have 10 dollars (just a random figure) it is easier to get 2 people a meal on the 10 bucks than to have to pay for 3 or 4 or 5 or even 6!

$10 goes further for 2 than it does for 3...

This is also a stereotype, not all of them have 3, 4 5 children. Just because someone saw it in a parody movie or in a stand up comedy joke it doesn't mean it is true.
And many of them do have 4, 5, and 6 children but not all of them do.
Offline forkboy  
#102 Posted : 09 August 2009 11:18:28(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
asdf wrote:
11 million is the figure from the USA government and while not much, it is when you consider the country is over populated with out the illegals.

TO Steph, true but before that you got 10 freaking years of having to struggle to support 3 people instead of 2 or 1. True also that they would still be poor but if you have 10 dollars (just a random figure) it is easier to get 2 people a meal on the 10 bucks than to have to pay for 3 or 4 or 5 or even 6!

OK. The UK has a population of about 61 million according to current estimates. It has an area of 94,526 sq miles. That works out at a population density of 645 people per sq mile.

The United States as an area of 3,794,066 sq miles and an estimated 2009 population of 307 million. That's a population density of 81 people per sq mile.

Yeah, America is big man, it's no where near being over-populated.
Offline asdf  
#103 Posted : 09 August 2009 11:24:09(UTC)
asdf

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Quote:
This is also a stereotype, not all of them have 3, 4 5 children. Just because someone saw it in a parody movie or in a stand up comedy joke it doesn't mean it is true.

I said 1,2,3,4,5, or 6. Not just 3,4,5. Quit trying to get everyone as if they are racist!

You are right, UK is a lot more over populated but that doesnt mean that we arent.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline Gildermershina  
#104 Posted : 09 August 2009 11:24:18(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
asdf wrote:

OK. The UK has a population of about 61 million according to current estimates. It has an area of 94,526 sq miles. That works out at a population density of 645 people per sq mile.

The United States as an area of 3,794,066 sq miles and an estimated 2009 population of 307 million. That's a population density of 81 people per sq mile.

But to be fair, America's population state by state is extremely varied. Alaska alone probably drags the average below 100. But I guess that just proves your point that numbers mean squat out of context.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
#105 Posted : 09 August 2009 11:26:40(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

asdf wrote:
Quote:

I said 1,2,3,4,5, or 6. Not just 3,4,5. Quit trying to get everyone as if they are racist!

You are right, UK is a lot more over populated but that doesnt mean that we arent.

I never said anything about being racist. I was just proving a point that not all Mexicans have more than 3 kids.

Offline old.gregg  
#106 Posted : 09 August 2009 11:31:34(UTC)
old.gregg

Man

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Steph feels that she needs to be defensive - admirable, but you don't. This is debate, it's not being said against you personally. The idea is, you're both going to come up against differing opinions, and you discuss them, instead of taking offence.
-
Offline asdf  
#107 Posted : 09 August 2009 11:31:52(UTC)
asdf

Man

You never realy "proved" anything, just stated it.

But I never said that they all had more than 3 kids, throughout the post I said all sorts of numbers for the ammount of kids they may or may not have.

P.s. a wee bit off topic, but here is a song that will make you understand the country and maybe help us through the tough times...

Offline forkboy  
#108 Posted : 09 August 2009 11:42:34(UTC)
forkboy

Gildermershina wrote:
forkboy wrote:
asdf wrote:

But to be fair, America's population state by state is extremely varied. Alaska alone probably drags the average below 100. But I guess that just proves your point that numbers mean squat out of context.

Well Ok, lets remove 600000 from the US population, and 600,000 sq miles. That's still just 99 people per square mile, which is nothing near the population density of Europe, for example 596/sq mile in Germany, 297/sq mile in France, 320/sq mile in Poland, 474/sq mile in Switzerland and the relatively low 231/sq mile of Spain.
Offline Gildermershina  
#109 Posted : 09 August 2009 13:50:40(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

forkboy wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
forkboy wrote:
asdf wrote:

Well Ok, lets remove 600000 from the US population, and 600,000 sq miles. That's still just 99 people per square mile, which is nothing near the population density of Europe, for example 596/sq mile in Germany, 297/sq mile in France, 320/sq mile in Poland, 474/sq mile in Switzerland and the relatively low 231/sq mile of Spain.

That doesn't mean squat either, because like I say, vast swathes of Nevada or Arizona or Texas or Montana for example are empty and those are huge states, while up in the Atlantic Northeast, New York, Rhode Island, Maine, etc. it's much much more populous. America would be overpopulated if it didn't have enough property for its people, or arguably a large enough economy to support everyone, and in some areas that is the case. On the whole though, yeah, there's the land available for more property if necessary, America is far from overcrowded.
Offline Paradox  
#110 Posted : 09 August 2009 15:59:00(UTC)
Paradox

Man

Gildermershina wrote:
forkboy wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
forkboy wrote:
asdf wrote:

That doesn't mean squat either, because like I say, vast swathes of Nevada or Arizona or Texas or Montana for example are empty and those are huge states, while up in the Atlantic Northeast, New York, Rhode Island, Maine, etc. it's much much more populous. America would be overpopulated if it didn't have enough property for its people, or arguably a large enough economy to support everyone, and in some areas that is the case. On the whole though, yeah, there's the land available for more property if necessary, America is far from overcrowded.

well I think thats because people dont wanna live in the middle of the desert
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline Aj  
#111 Posted : 09 August 2009 20:36:19(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Okay, well look, in the US, you guys go do what you want. But in the UK, we cannot possibly keep taking on illegal and legal immigrants we have done in the past years. It's a nice thought to think they all work and are brilliant hard workers, but a lot of them do come over her just to live off the benifits system. I say there should be a cap on immigration right now for a few years like the BNP say, and then let it start again or whatever. But benifit system needs to be cleaned up majorly. That's not saying I like the BNP, just that one part of what they say. I dont think we should get rid of all immigrant's, but just give it a few years until we can actually work out the real numbers of how many people are in the country illegally, and then make a judgement of whether or not we should make the legal or not.
Offline forkboy  
#112 Posted : 09 August 2009 20:53:47(UTC)
forkboy

Aj wrote:
Okay, well look, in the US, you guys go do what you want. But in the UK, we cannot possibly keep taking on illegal and legal immigrants we have done in the past years. It's a nice thought to think they all work and are brilliant hard workers, but a lot of them do come over her just to live off the benifits system. I say there should be a cap on immigration right now for a few years like the BNP say, and then let it start again or whatever. But benifit system needs to be cleaned up majorly. That's not saying I like the BNP, just that one part of what they say. I dont think we should get rid of all immigrant's, but just give it a few years until we can actually work out the real numbers of how many people are in the country illegally, and then make a judgement of whether or not we should make the legal or not.

YES WE CAN KEEP ON DOING IT.

The population is falling. The pension system is collapsing because we are soon to have more pensioners than our dwindling workforce can support. So we do desperately need migrant workers, illegal or not. Scotland especially desperately needs migrant workers. Take the illegals and so long as they've commited no crime worse than the original illegal immigration, make them legal immigrants.

And for fucksake, how many times have I said that illegals cannot claim benefits because they ain't in the system? At least 3 times.
Offline Aj  
#113 Posted : 09 August 2009 21:01:01(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
forkboy wrote:
Aj wrote:

YES WE CAN KEEP ON DOING IT.

The population is falling. The pension system is collapsing because we are soon to have more pensioners than our dwindling workforce can support. So we do desperately need migrant workers, illegal or not. Scotland especially desperately needs migrant workers. Take the illegals and so long as they've commited no crime worse than the original illegal immigration, make them legal immigrants.

And for fucksake, how many times have I said that illegals cannot claim benefits because they ain't in the system? At least 3 times.

Sorry, I should have made that clearer I meant legal immigrant's, but illegal's still recieve free healthcare do they not?
Offline forkboy  
#114 Posted : 09 August 2009 22:31:30(UTC)
forkboy

Sure, but that's not really the same as claiming benefits.
Offline Gildermershina  
#115 Posted : 10 August 2009 00:14:33(UTC)
Gildermershina

Man
United Kingdom

Paradox wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
forkboy wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
forkboy wrote:
asdf wrote:

well I think thats because people dont wanna live in the middle of the desert

Hello Las Vegas, Phoenix...

Edited by user 10 August 2009 00:16:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#116 Posted : 10 August 2009 01:15:25(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Advice for anyone who want to live in the US,

Don't live in Florida, I know there is Disney World and Universal but people who live hardly can even afford to go every year or every other year. Me I go into Universal for free because I work at their Lowes Hotel. But Florida is doing pretty bad right now.
Offline asdf  
#117 Posted : 10 August 2009 02:34:52(UTC)
asdf

Man

I wouldnt want to live in Florida anyway, too many hurricanes plus the high cost of living as you said. You work hard just to barely able to buy your house and then it gets blown to South Carolina!

#118 Posted : 10 August 2009 02:40:13(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

asdf wrote:
I wouldnt want to live in Florida anyway, too many hurricanes plus the high cost of living as you said. You work hard just to barely able to buy your house and then it gets blown to South Carolina!

That and the fact education is doing pretty bad in many counties.
Offline sharinganerror  
#119 Posted : 11 August 2009 02:01:24(UTC)
sharinganerror

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We shouldn't force them out, we should force them to get citizenship or go to jail for like however long the judge want vs. the time they've been here.
#120 Posted : 11 August 2009 02:03:39(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

sharinganerror wrote:
We shouldn't force them out, we should force them to get citizenship or go to jail for like however long the judge want vs. the time they've been here.

Like I aid before, they can't be put in jail because they don't have the space and its unnecessary to do that.
The children would have to be put in foster care (unless you want them in jail too) and it would be a bigger mess.