logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<56789>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mt. Epic  
#121 Posted : 06 November 2009 10:13:26(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
People, the reason why bad things happen is because we are created for god's amusement. Apparently, he is amused by our sorrow and pain. We are truly nothing more than a game to god, so that is why everything that happens, happens.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline Raphaela  
#122 Posted : 06 November 2009 10:16:54(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Mt. Epic wrote:
People, the reason why bad things happen is because we are created for god's amusement. Apparently, he is amused by our sorrow and pain. We are truly nothing more than a game to god, so that is why everything that happens, happens.

And yet he loves us?
That's interesting, he likes to see us suffer, but loves us at the same time.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
Offline Mt. Epic  
#123 Posted : 06 November 2009 10:18:00(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Raphaela wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

And yet he loves us?
That's interesting, he likes to see us suffer, but loves us at the same time.

It's all about what amuses him most. Why else would we be here? What purpose do we have in life other than to fulfill god's needs?
UserPostedImage

Offline TheCDs  
#124 Posted : 06 November 2009 10:18:53(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Gildermershina wrote:
Aj wrote:
If god loves us how can he let millions of people die of starvation? If he really loved human beings why doesn't he step in? And if you say some have to die why not the bad people? Why is the world run by tossers?

God lets people starve to death so they can get to heaven quicker...

The stock argument is "he gave us free will!" although I'm pretty sure nobody chooses to starve to death, or be born with a degenerative disease. Plus, free will is all well and good, except that throughout the Bible, he directly intervenes and meddles with people's lives, both committing and sanctioning genocide. It's more like he got lazy and said "you guys have a problem? Deal with it yourselves. And if they give you any trouble, tell 'em GOD told you to do it."

Don't forget (as mentioned I believe by forkboy earlier) that there is a belief in God's omniscience, also a lot of Christians I know seem to believe he knows what you will do before you do it, so why is there the "test" of life on earth. Why doesn't he just say ok I know you are going to Heaven so here you go and poof you're there?

sharinganerror wrote:

TheCDs wrote:
But more on topic to the original post, if this Christian God does exist the dude is a bigger dick than Snidely Whiplash. I mean what "loving" God says
God wrote:
ok so here is the deal I am going to give you free will, and life, and emotion, and all this other stuff, and then release you into a world where you will experience pain. Maybe you are born HIV+ or maybe you get to be the rich kid, maybe you get to be a slave, I dunno whatever. Oh and get this even though your going to go through a bunch of shit and chances are like 20-50% of your life will be made up of shit you don't want to do or you suffering don't have too much fun, because this is all a test to see if you can come join me in Heaven. I totally promise Heaven exists and it rocks, and if you don't obey my rules your gonna go to Hell which is even worse than Earth.

No, on second thought that guy sounds totally cool and nice.

Well you just summed up God, which I don't honestly have a problem because it's true. But get this, he's GOD. He doesn't have to give a shit about what you say, back in the Old Testament he killed thousands of people at a time just for doing what you just did right now. It doesn't matter whether you believe it or not, your argument is pointless because of the lack of overused references that every single atheists uses.

My argument isn't pointless, I was saying assuming the Judeo-Christian entity that is God exists the dude is a total jerk. People have agreed the actions I mentioned above are at least in some way dick-like. You then went on to agree that my version of God is pretty much spot on. So you, a believer I am assuming, told me I pretty much described your God, and when other people hear that description there response is yea dude's a dick. Seems like that evidence supports the argument so I don't need to quote an "overused reference" which in most cases is simply quoting the bat-shit insane passages in the book you base your whole belief structure around.

The simple fact is God was invented by man to explain the unexplainable. If Earth was the perfect utopia you can bet God wouldn't be vengeful, God is vengeful because "holy shit drought destroyed my entire crop this year I must have pissed the big guy off" was the best science could do to explain weather patterns we now understand.

At the end of the day, I would rather there is no "purpose to life" than be told that a God who loves me wants me to suffer to prove my worth so I can enter Heaven even though he already knows if I will get in or not and seems to just want me to suffer so he can have some drama to watch since his TV is busted.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline Raphaela  
#125 Posted : 06 November 2009 10:22:57(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Mt. Epic wrote:
It's all about what amuses him most. Why else would we be here? What purpose do we have in life other than to fulfill god's needs?

We're born, we have babies, we die.
That's what happens to all species on the planet.
We only come to this world to perpetuate the specie.
I own:

Offline Mt. Epic  
#126 Posted : 06 November 2009 10:24:49(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Raphaela wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

We're born, we have babies, we die.
That's what happens to all species on the planet.
We only come to this world to perpetuate the specie.

And why do we come here?
UserPostedImage

Offline Raphaela  
#127 Posted : 06 November 2009 10:30:16(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Mt. Epic wrote:
And why do we come here?

Because our parents had sex and the woman got pregnant, simple.
And that's what most humans have done and will continue to do, or else our specie would have disappeared.
I own:

Offline Mt. Epic  
#128 Posted : 06 November 2009 10:34:18(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Raphaela wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
And why do we come here?

And that's what most humans have done and will continue to do, or else our specie would have disappeared.

But why continue reproducing? Why are we still even here? How did we come about? How did everything happen? I honestly believe man has more power than most say, but something must have started us, whether it be a god or a non-organic object or whatever, some sort of power had to have started our cycle
UserPostedImage

Offline Gildermershina  
#129 Posted : 06 November 2009 10:39:01(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Mt. Epic wrote:
Raphaela wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
And why do we come here?

But why continue reproducing? Why are we still even here? How did we come about? How did everything happen? I honestly believe man has more power than most say, but something must have started us, whether it be a god or a non-organic object or whatever, some sort of power had to have started our cycle

Rush - Roll the Bones wrote:
Why are we here?
Because we're here
Roll the bones
Why does it happen?
Because it happens
Roll the bones
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline Raphaela  
#130 Posted : 06 November 2009 10:41:00(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Mt. Epic wrote:

It's something on on the primitive part of our brain. An evolutive factor that allows us to continue here.
Think about it, almost everything turns around sex by the point we become teenagers. When we are children, specially girls, society tells us that the only way for you to be complete is to have kids.
What toys do girls like the most? Dolls, so they can prepare for the time they'll be mothers.
Going further related to that, the pleasure we feel after sex can be defined as a "reward" for having "your job on the world done".
It's as simple as that, we're here because of factors that allowed Earth to be inhabited and humans having evolved depending of environmental pressures our distant cousins suffered.
I own:

Offline TheCDs  
#131 Posted : 06 November 2009 10:43:55(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Raphaela wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

It's something on on the primitive part of our brain. An evolutive factor that allows us to continue here.
Think about it, almost everything turns around sex by the point we become teenagers. When we are children, specially girls, society tells us that the only way for you to be complete is to have kids.
What toys do girls like the most? Dolls, so they can prepare for the time they'll be mothers.
Going further related to that, the pleasure we feel after sex can be defined as a "reward" for having "your job on the world done".
It's as simple as that, we're here because of factors that allowed Earth to be inhabited and humans having evolved depending of environmental pressures our distant cousins suffered.

Or the pleasure we feel is God's way of tempting us to see if we are following him, just to play devil's advocate.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline Mt. Epic  
#132 Posted : 06 November 2009 10:46:53(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

That's because those who make us believe to only have children and reproduce is the only principle of life are blind. They have little or no idea why to continue other than to continue the species. And why must you continue the species? It's your decision. God or whatever made us had that be a characteristic of ours. But in the end, I believe our existance is completely pointless.
UserPostedImage

Offline Raphaela  
#133 Posted : 06 November 2009 10:53:24(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Mt. Epic wrote:
That's because those who make us believe to only have children and reproduce is the only principle of life are blind. They have little or no idea why to continue other than to continue the species. And why must you continue the species? It's your decision. God or whatever made us had that be a characteristic of ours. But in the end, I believe our existance is completely pointless.

Imagine the world without contraceptives, sooner or later people would feel the urge to have sex, and without the contraceptives, they'd have babies, whether they wanted or not.
That imagining a world without the christian morality that sex is wrong, sort of like the cave men.
It's not that we must continue the species, it's just that every form of life has the urge of reproduction. Like the black widow, the male is nothing more than a provider of sperm, after they have sex, the female kills and eats the male.
I own:

Offline Mt. Epic  
#134 Posted : 06 November 2009 10:57:09(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Raphaela wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

Imagine the world without contraceptives, sooner or later people would feel the urge to have sex, and without the contraceptives, they'd have babies, whether they wanted or not.
That imagining a world without the christian morality that sex is wrong, sort of like the cave men.
It's not that we must continue the species, it's just that every form of life has the urge of reproduction. Like the black widow, the male is nothing more than a provider of sperm, after they have sex, the female kills and eats the male.

yeah, i'm not arguing with on that. I agree with you on that topic. I was talking about something completely else.
UserPostedImage

Offline Captain Insano  
#135 Posted : 06 November 2009 10:57:49(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Mt. Epic wrote:
Raphaela wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
And why do we come here?

... but something must have started us, whether it be a god or a non-organic object or whatever, some sort of power had to have started our cycle

Volcanoes.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline Mt. Epic  
#136 Posted : 06 November 2009 11:01:57(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Captain Insano wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
Raphaela wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
And why do we come here?

... but something must have started us, whether it be a god or a non-organic object or whatever, some sort of power had to have started our cycle

Volcanoes.

lol wow
UserPostedImage

Offline Captain Insano  
#137 Posted : 06 November 2009 11:05:37(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
It's not as far fetched as it sounds...if you just happen to read Charles Pellegrino
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline Mt. Epic  
#138 Posted : 06 November 2009 11:06:39(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Captain Insano wrote:
It's not as far fetched as it sounds...if you just happen to read Charles Pellegrino

So I have to read the back of a mineral water can to know the theory of man
UserPostedImage

Offline Mt. Epic  
#139 Posted : 06 November 2009 11:07:41(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Okay, so if we came from volcanos, how did the volcanos come about?
UserPostedImage

Offline Paradox  
#140 Posted : 06 November 2009 11:17:05(UTC)
Paradox

Man

weird atomic reactions deep down the sea combined with some more stuff I cant really explain or complain created life and then natural selection happened. It's not like some guy woke up bored and decided to make tiny versions of himself and watch em fight
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.