logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mt. Epic  
#21 Posted : 03 February 2010 08:09:22(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Gildermershina wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
Paradox wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
For it, cuz we can.

Animals aren't doing anything and are depleting our own resources for building their conservation sites. They might as well get a job, those lazy bums. besides, most people who say they don't want to do animal testing, you all eat meat. Not all, but most animal rights activists are major hypocrits, and most vegetarians are potheads.

Who says it's our resources?

Well if it ain't ours then the person or people or beings or whatever didn't do a good job guarding it

Okay, I know you're only young, but that's extremely stupid. Animals are not eating up our resources. The only animals that are eating our resources really are cattle livestock, and that's a human concern not an animal one.

I was sarcastic about that. I'm a proud supporter of the Darwinist ideals, and so I believe, if you want something accomplished, get it accomplished, but you're gonna have to do it with your own force and strength. If us humans want to test animals, then we should do it, but we are going to have to do it with our own force and strength. If animals don't want to be able to get tested, then they should fight back, but they are going to do it with their own force and strength, but unfortunately for them, they ain't that wise nor do they have the strenght to escape. If people don't want animals to be tested, they will have to make sure it doesn't happen, but they will have to do it with their own force and strength. But, for the people who don't want animals to be used for experiments are dumb, because they then would have to use a human for experimentations, which would put a human in risk, but once again, you could classify the human like an animal in this situation. Basically, these experimentations are all dangerous and nobody wants to do them, and those who want animals are merrily saying that they don't want to do it.

So, if you want to have sex with a lady, you should totally just do it, with your own force and strength, and if she's not strong enough to stop you, then that's fine?

TheCDs wrote:
Gildermershina wrote:
Imagine an alien species flies to the Earth. Physically they're stronger. Mentally they're stronger. Emotionally, they're capable of experiencing feelings beyond human comprehension. To them, pain isn't like we would understand as a response to an injury, it actually physically degrades the parts of their brains responsible for their memories and personalities. So that means they should totally test their drugs on humans right? After all, we're not capable of their level of pain therefore should it not be okay for them to inflict it on us instead of on themselves.

That's how I see it. We are able to exert our control over them so if we want to test on them we should. If super aliens show up I hope they are the council races from Mass Effect that way we will already be protected from testing, for the most part at least.

Seems to me aliens are more likely to be Collectors than Asari...

This is the "we can therefore we should" argument, either because you believe human life more valuable, or because you believe it is simply the logical course of action, or because you simply don't believe in ethics. Any which way I can't really sympathise with this viewpoint.

well, technically yes. If she wants to stop, she should, but she'll have to stop it by herself. But, teamwork is something useful. But it is her who starts to tell the man to stop, and if the man wants to stop, he stops. But if he doesn't, then it's rape, which our society frowns upon, but still, you could do it. Not recommending it or anything, but, basically, it's your own will power.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline Paradox  
#22 Posted : 03 February 2010 12:11:28(UTC)
Paradox

Man

asdf wrote:
that is a stupid outlook. No offense Epic, but come on!

RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline Aj  
#23 Posted : 04 February 2010 02:54:41(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Mt. Epic wrote:
well, technically yes. If she wants to stop, she should, but she'll have to stop it by herself. But, teamwork is something useful. But it is her who starts to tell the man to stop, and if the man wants to stop, he stops. But if he doesn't, then it's rape, which our society frowns upon, but still, you could do it. Not recommending it or anything, but, basically, it's your own will power.

Or you could have a slightly morally more positive outlook and look after people who can't look after themselves? That kind of idea will get people no where.
Offline Mt. Epic  
#24 Posted : 04 February 2010 13:11:45(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Aj wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

Or you could have a slightly morally more positive outlook and look after people who can't look after themselves? That kind of idea will get people no where.

well that's basically the reason why people do animal testing. They don't want people to try it out first, so they get animals to try it out. And the company wants to use the animals, so they get the animals, but they get them with their own strength and determination to catch those animals. And, if the protesters start to see people being used, they'll instantly start protesting for people to not be used and replace them with something else, and it just so happens to be that animals are the closest thing to humans, and we can experiment on them. So, once more, picketers are on the rush again. I doubt a majority of strikers would say to just not make products, cuz most strikers are simply bored people who want something to do and want to do something with people, so they'll still be interested in a "super laser butt scratcher" or an "aqua shower bubble" where you put a bubblue-shaped cap on your head, click a button, and it cleans your hair.
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline Gildermershina  
#25 Posted : 04 February 2010 21:44:46(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Mt. Epic wrote:
Aj wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

well that's basically the reason why people do animal testing. They don't want people to try it out first, so they get animals to try it out. And the company wants to use the animals, so they get the animals, but they get them with their own strength and determination to catch those animals. And, if the protesters start to see people being used, they'll instantly start protesting for people to not be used and replace them with something else, and it just so happens to be that animals are the closest thing to humans, and we can experiment on them. So, once more, picketers are on the rush again. I doubt a majority of strikers would say to just not make products, cuz most strikers are simply bored people who want something to do and want to do something with people, so they'll still be interested in a "super laser butt scratcher" or an "aqua shower bubble" where you put a bubblue-shaped cap on your head, click a button, and it cleans your hair.

I think most of the protesters are probably dreadlocked hippies with unwashed clothes and their own organic produce grown in their garden.

Personally, I would much rather a product designed for a human were tested on a human. The problem isn't one of ethics for the companies, it's one of legality. It's very difficult to test a product on humans, via clinical trials, because of regulations - and who's going to consent to testing something that hasn't already mostly been found to be safe? Not only that, but you don't have to pay animals to test on them. Once you've gotten hold of the animal, it's basically free till it dies. There's some small upkeep cost, but overall they can keep a lot more animals than they can hire humans.

The thing is, corporations have no ethics - at least no consistent ethics. As an entity designed, even mandated, to continually increase profits, in order to enforce some level of ethical conduct a government must provide regulations. And the moment they do, a corporation is going to be right up against those regulations, exploiting every last avenue for increased profits. Sometimes they step over the boundary for a while, hoping no-one notices. Then someone notices, for a small PR hit, and they decide this is the time to "reform" their policies, and they get a PR boost from moving back within regulations and making a big song and dance about it... But that's kind of straying off the topic.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline maximys  
#26 Posted : 11 February 2010 00:12:59(UTC)
maximys

Aj wrote:
A billion percent against animal testing for anything aside from thing's that are for medical use, and even in that case the minimal amount of animals should be used. Because yeah I know it's cruel to the little mice, however the animal kingdom's full of cunts and although humans are miles ahead of being threatened by anything apart from themselves, if a medicine that kills 100 mice leads to save 200 humans, I think it's a price worth paying.

But apart from that I'm completely against any forms of animal cruelty, especially thing's like McDonalds and KFC and big corporations. Highest standards for keeping animals should always be enforced and a fuck load harder than they are right now. To be honest, I wouldn't mind if everyone had to be forced to become veggies because tbh I really don't trust humans with animals.

Vegatarians are not healthy. You need meat to be healthy,because of the protien.
Masters of Destruction the band
Offline Gildermershina  
#27 Posted : 11 February 2010 00:23:38(UTC)
Gildermershina

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 76 post(s)
maximys wrote:
Aj wrote:
A billion percent against animal testing for anything aside from thing's that are for medical use, and even in that case the minimal amount of animals should be used. Because yeah I know it's cruel to the little mice, however the animal kingdom's full of cunts and although humans are miles ahead of being threatened by anything apart from themselves, if a medicine that kills 100 mice leads to save 200 humans, I think it's a price worth paying.

But apart from that I'm completely against any forms of animal cruelty, especially thing's like McDonalds and KFC and big corporations. Highest standards for keeping animals should always be enforced and a fuck load harder than they are right now. To be honest, I wouldn't mind if everyone had to be forced to become veggies because tbh I really don't trust humans with animals.

Vegatarians are not healthy. You need meat to be healthy,because of the protien.

Yeah, or eat something else with protein, ie. nuts, legumes, dairy etc.
UserPostedImageUserPostedImageUserPostedImage
Offline forkboy  
#28 Posted : 11 February 2010 02:18:46(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Or mushrooms
Offline Raphaela  
#29 Posted : 04 March 2010 02:11:45(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Man, Mt. Epic really burned some of my brain cells after that.
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#30 Posted : 04 March 2010 02:12:28(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Raphaela wrote:

aHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! YOU ARE BACK!!!!!!
Offline Raphaela  
#31 Posted : 04 March 2010 02:15:57(UTC)
Raphaela

Woman

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 63 post(s)
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Raphaela wrote:

Nah, I'm just sick and can't go to school today. I was bored and thought 'I'll stop by RSG and read some debate topics while I have nothing to do'.
Bad decision.
Apparently, you're back too :P
I own:

Andrew Guinnard (Post-punk/acoustic)
Lucy Tankeray (Pop diva/weird)
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#32 Posted : 04 March 2010 02:19:04(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Raphaela wrote:
stephaniewazhere wrote:
Raphaela wrote:

Nah, I'm just sick and can't go to school today. I was bored and thought 'I'll stop by RSG and read some debate topics while I have nothing to do'.
Bad decision.
Apparently, you're back too :P

:P
Offline scenequeen98  
#33 Posted : 03 May 2010 15:35:14(UTC)
scenequeen98

Woman

Oh defiantly against!! I am a vegetarian...and might be going vegan (does that help explain my opinion?)
DON'T READ THIS.........I TOLD YOU NOT TO READ THIS!!!!!!STOP READING IT! grr im done
Offline scenequeen98  
#34 Posted : 03 May 2010 15:38:14(UTC)
scenequeen98

Woman

maximys wrote:
Aj wrote:

I am a vegatarian....and more healthy than i have ever been. Its a proven fact that people that eat meat get MORE protien then they need. Trust me, i may only be 11..but i have done my research. :)
DON'T READ THIS.........I TOLD YOU NOT TO READ THIS!!!!!!STOP READING IT! grr im done
Offline TheCDs  
#35 Posted : 03 May 2010 15:45:46(UTC)
TheCDs

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
scenequeen98 wrote:
maximys wrote:
Aj wrote:

I am a vegatarian....and more healthy than i have ever been. Its a proven fact that people that eat meat get MORE protien then they need. Trust me, i may only be 11..but i have done my research. :)

Actually if you had really done your resource you would know that there are essential proteins that are only naturally in meat. You can be healthy if you are a vegetarian but to be completely healthy you have to supplement your diet with some kind of vitamin or other dietary supplement to get all the essential proteins.
UserPostedImage
Axiom is
Mike Peck- Production/Guitars/Piano/Keyboards/Hammond Organ/Vocals
Tim Dunn- Production/Guitars/Bass/Drums/Saxophone/Vocals
Offline forkboy  
#36 Posted : 04 May 2010 09:25:40(UTC)
forkboy

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 82 post(s)
scenequeen98 wrote:
Oh defiantly against!! I am a vegetarian...and might be going vegan (does that help explain my opinion?)

What does being a vegetarian have to do with animal testing? I'm a vegetarian but accept that ultimately if a few rats have to die painfully to find a cure for cancer then so be it.