logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline uberdaveman  
#1 Posted : 24 February 2010 16:37:50(UTC)
uberdaveman

Groups: Registered
Man

--Fitchpork Music--

Hello loyal followers, H'rez Pilton here, here's the latest dirt on the band we all love to hate: Sage Thrasher.

Recently, lead "singer" Leon Henderson announced that the band would we offering themselves up as a general opening act and backing band to any and all touring artists. This means that instead of being confined to backwater towns and crappy gigs (like they should be), now we have to have our favorite bands and festivals ruined by the only band that makes Nickelback look talented.

I once had the "fortune" of seeing this "band" live and well, let's just say that I am no longer afraid of going to Hell, because nothing could be worse that the 3 hours I spent being assaulted by that crap they call music. All they did was stare at the ground with their backs to the audience and thrash away. It was loud and full of guitar solos and anti authority lyrics. why they couldn't sound more like Barry Manilow, or Cher, or better yet Creed (love them!) I don't know. It sounded as if the Sex Pistols and Journey had a child out-of-wedlock then gave that child away to Bob Dylan and the Wu Tang Clan to raise as their own. Let me tell you I could barely stay and finish my fourth Long Island Ice Tea before getting out of there.

And now they go and whore themselves out like some sort of whoring whore! Let's all unite in protest of this travesty to good, quiet, decent music and boycott every gig by "The-Band-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named."

Kisses and Peace and Love and Jazz,

HP

Edited by user 25 February 2010 08:32:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

I hate signatures, but I love you.

Sage Thrasher:
Leon "Vocals" Henderson - Vocals
Jimmy Von Noodlenose - Guitar/Backing Vocals
Horton Q - Bass
Jon "Replaceable" Jones - Drums
Offline bikz  
#2 Posted : 24 February 2010 17:48:30(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
Ah, everyone's a sellout in this industry. You should hear Ryan Ross Hernandez's views, he has a few cutting remarks towards the word! ;)
I say that it's easier just to deal with it. I know I have .... Sophy-Cat thinks I'm a sellout for marrying Jakey Comatose and not giving interviews for DTE (jealousy and fear), and Machete thinks I'm a sellout because I said that I was Stephanie Fierce's friend and then I wreaked havoc on her tour (shit happens, and lots of it).
In conclusion, every musician gets called a sellout at some point, even those like Regan Futrell, Nick Biggs, Lewis Mason, James Kairiri, Kit Saunders, Somerset Bissell, and so on, who are completely dedicated to music. There's really no point whatsoever in taking any notice.
To Perez Hilton - get a new job, because calling people sellouts isn't going to get you any money! (:
-ravenesque.
UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline the strom  
#3 Posted : 24 February 2010 19:36:05(UTC)
the strom

If playing ever gig that you can is selling out then i guess we sold out long ago.

-ben (the strom)
UserPostedImage

HELL YEAH METAL FOR LIFE

THE STROM

the strom website here
the rockstar game music Here

bands

the strom (thrash metal) breaking up?
Band members
Ben
Ray
isacc
psyco
ryan
dlyin

Rp bands
Mind game (prog metal/alt metal)
Ben (guitar)
King (vocalist)
Jace (drums)
Luke (bass)

Offline uberdaveman  
#4 Posted : 25 February 2010 03:31:02(UTC)
uberdaveman

Man

bikz wrote:
Ah, everyone's a sellout in this industry. You should hear Ryan Ross Hernandez's views, he has a few cutting remarks towards the word! ;)
I say that it's easier just to deal with it. I know I have .... Sophy-Cat thinks I'm a sellout for marrying Jakey Comatose and not giving interviews for DTE (jealousy and fear), and Machete thinks I'm a sellout because I said that I was Stephanie Fierce's friend and then I wreaked havoc on her tour (shit happens, and lots of it).
In conclusion, every musician gets called a sellout at some point, even those like Regan Futrell, Nick Biggs, Lewis Mason, James Kairiri, Kit Saunders, Somerset Bissell, and so on, who are completely dedicated to music. There's really no point whatsoever in taking any notice.
To Perez Hilton - get a new job, because calling people sellouts isn't going to get you any money! (:
-ravenesque.

Heyyy R-esque!! I'm a long time fan of you and yours and I can definitively say that you could never be called a sellout! BTW I make plenty of money calling other people lots of other things besides sellouts ;) I appreciate a band who has earned the respect of the music industry, has been around for a while, maybe even has some goshdarn albums out!!! But, That Band should be dodging beer bottles and rotten fruit not supporting whatever opening act comes a callin'.

I just want some good shows and a return to to smooth sounds of the 40s. In the humble opinion of this critic, artists like those you mentioned are completely dedicated to their music. Unfortunately, You-Know-Who is only dedicated to schmoozing and boozing around! I would looove it if They holed themselves up in some house far, far away from civilization and devoted themselves to playing good sounding music for once, or even hitting the right notes for once!!!!

Besos!!!
-HP

Edited by user 25 February 2010 08:32:32(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sage Thrasher:
Horton Q - Bass
Offline uberdaveman  
#5 Posted : 25 February 2010 03:32:38(UTC)
uberdaveman

Man

the strom wrote:
If playing ever gig that you can is selling out then i guess we sold out long ago.

-ben (the strom)

*every
*I
*Ben

and yeah, I guess you did :)

-HP

Edited by user 25 February 2010 08:32:12(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sage Thrasher:
Horton Q - Bass
Offline infinite135  
#6 Posted : 25 February 2010 04:10:28(UTC)
infinite135

Man

Was thanked: 328 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Eric: Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, i suppose... I just think you're being a little too harsh. The band's offering themselves as a support group in order to be known to a wider audience. They're not selling-out, they're only trying to be better known. At least, that's my opinion; I'm not going to try and change yours. Though i have to admit, the Nickelback comment did make me laugh.
Kid Anything- Indie/Britpop/Shoegaze; influenced by Sigur Ros, XXYYXX, Kanye West, Blur, Oasis

(Bringing together an eclectic group of influences, Ulysses' songs are sung with carefree abandon by Nick Junk)

Kurt Ulysses - Songwriter, Guitarist, Backup Vocalist
Nick Junk - Vocals, Mojo

Infinite- Alternative/Experimental Rock; influenced by Muse, Radiohead, and The Beatles

(Known best for their experimental music and their frontman's eccentric behavior, the band disbanded after Eric Quillington's death to pursue solo careers or, in Matt Robert's case, peace of mind. Infinite released four albums over the course of their career; Blue Nebula, Midnight Skies, Insomnia, and Dancing about Architecture.)

Eric Quillington (Deceased) - Lead Vocals, Lead Guitar, Piano, Primary Lyricist
Matt Roberts - Bass
Greg Oldson - Drums, Backup Vocals, Secondary Lyricist
Amelia Florentine - Keyboards, Piano, Lyricist, Backup Vocals

UserPostedImage

"When asked 'how do you write?' I invariably answer, 'one word at a time', and this answer is invariably dismissed. But that's all it is. It sounds too simple to be true, but consider the Great Wall of China, if you will: one stone at a time, man. That's all. One stone at a time. But I've read you can see that motherfucker from space without a telescope."

- Stephen King
Offline uberdaveman  
#7 Posted : 25 February 2010 07:32:49(UTC)
uberdaveman

Man

infinite135 wrote:
Eric: Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, i suppose... I just think you're being a little too harsh. The band's offering themselves as a support group in order to be known to a wider audience. They're not selling-out, they're only trying to be better known. At least, that's my opinion; I'm not going to try and change yours. Though i have to admit, the Nickelback comment did make me laugh.

Look, Eric, at the end of the day I get paid to say my opinion, therefore it matters more than yours or anyone elses for that matter!! So I can say who's a sellout and who's not!! And I say that You-Know-Who has soldout before they even made it anywhere!!!

I knew Said Band before they were anything and they were poopy then and they're poopy now!
xoxo,
HP

Edited by user 25 February 2010 08:32:00(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sage Thrasher:
Horton Q - Bass
Offline bikz  
#8 Posted : 25 February 2010 07:50:35(UTC)
bikz

Woman

uberdaveman wrote:
I get paid to say my opinion, therefore it matters more than yours or anyone elses for that matter!!

I get paid to say my opinion too - but at least I'm mature about it. "I knew this band and they're poopy" contains no evidence, is childish, and is not a respectable opinion. Therefore, as I speak less like a four-year-old, my opinion matters more than yours.
-S. C. Cruz-Bishop.
PS. Who are you!? Everyone knows who Sophy Catherine Cruz-Bishop is. Whatever rumours I hear, I say. Whatever music news I find out, gets my opinion written all over it. Perez who? Are you just trying to be me or something? Retarded .... you have a lot to learn in this business.
UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline troy211619  
#9 Posted : 25 February 2010 07:51:42(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Well, do you think WE are a bunch of sellouts?
-jPC (Reckoner)
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline uberdaveman  
#10 Posted : 25 February 2010 07:56:36(UTC)
uberdaveman

Man

bikz wrote:
PS. Who are you!? Everyone knows who Sophy Catherine Cruz-Bishop is. Whatever rumours I hear, I say. Whatever music news I find out, gets my opinion written all over it. Perez who? Are you just trying to be me or something? Retarded .... you have a lot to learn in this business.

You can ask That Certain Band who I am and if they even remember me. And, sista', lemme tell you, I write for the Fitchpork Music Blog so I think I know what I'm talking about.

Oh, and one more thing. Perez is a stupid name. I'm H'rez Pilton. Learn it. Live it. Love it.

Sage Thrasher:
Horton Q - Bass
Offline uberdaveman  
#11 Posted : 25 February 2010 07:57:48(UTC)
uberdaveman

Man

troy211619 wrote:
-jPC (Reckoner)

I don't know you but I can only assume that yes, yes you are.

Sage Thrasher:
Horton Q - Bass
Offline Aj  
#12 Posted : 25 February 2010 08:09:00(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
bikz wrote:
uberdaveman wrote:
I get paid to say my opinion, therefore it matters more than yours or anyone elses for that matter!!

I get paid to say my opinion too - but at least I'm mature about it. "I knew this band and they're poopy" contains no evidence, is childish, and is not a respectable opinion. Therefore, as I speak less like a four-year-old, my opinion matters more than yours.
-S. C. Cruz-Bishop.

I don't get paid fuck all to do fuck all about my opinion but even I can tell that Sage Thrasher and Pilton and all of you for that matter are a giant pile of horse turd.

Billy
Offline troy211619  
#13 Posted : 25 February 2010 08:09:05(UTC)
troy211619

Man

uberdaveman wrote:
troy211619 wrote:
-jPC (Reckoner)

Well that means your articles are bullshit, Reckoner is a band that you can never call sellouts, we play gigs for the music, we make songs for the music, and we are here for the music, so who's the sellout?
-JPC(Reckoner)

Edited by user 25 February 2010 08:10:27(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline bikz  
#14 Posted : 25 February 2010 08:15:13(UTC)
bikz

Woman

uberdaveman wrote:
You can ask That Certain Band who I am and if they even remember me. And, sista', lemme tell you, I write for the Fitchpork Music Blog so I think I know what I'm talking about.

Sophy : I know what I'm talking about more. I'm from Delta Tau Entertainment's media department - everyone knows DTE, they run the Birdies and Mashfests, all you do at Fitchpork is get obsessive about some band you hate. And sorry Piers Morgan or whoever you are, I don't remember the names of nobodies easily. ;)
UserPostedImage
Offline uberdaveman  
#15 Posted : 25 February 2010 08:23:08(UTC)
uberdaveman

Man

troy211619 wrote:
uberdaveman wrote:
troy211619 wrote:
-jPC (Reckoner)

Well that means your articles are bullshit, Reckoner is a band that you can never call sellouts, we play gigs for the music, we make songs for the music, and we are here for the music, so who's the sellout?
-JPC(Reckoner)

Well, I assume you play loud, obnoxious music. So, yeah still a sellout. Bring back Ragtime!!

-Pilton, H'rez

Sage Thrasher:
Horton Q - Bass
Offline troy211619  
#16 Posted : 25 February 2010 08:26:01(UTC)
troy211619

Man

uberdaveman wrote:
troy211619 wrote:
uberdaveman wrote:
troy211619 wrote:
-jPC (Reckoner)

-JPC(Reckoner)

Well, I assume you play loud, obnoxious music. So, yeah still a sellout. Bring back Ragtime!!

-Pilton, H'rez

No, actually we are really far from heavy metal, not even near metal. We play alternative rock which is not loud or obnoxious. And BTW, I'm more of a 60s and 70s guy..
zicon wrote:

Aj wrote:

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline uberdaveman  
#17 Posted : 25 February 2010 08:29:29(UTC)
uberdaveman

Man

Sage Thrasher wrote:
From the Desk of Sage Thrasher

Recently, a blogger by the name of H'rez Pilton has attacked our band as well as other bands. We feel that an explanation is in order. When we first formed we were not very good and only played local gigs in our college town. Mr. Pilton was an early manager, for lack of a better word, of ours and would attend our shows religiously. It is fair to say that, at the time, he was also our biggest fan. He was able to get us better cuts, better venues, and better publicity in our local gigs.

As we improved, we began to take gigs out of town, often many miles away. Mr. Pilton was unable to attend some of these for reasons know only to him. After a show in Seattle, we were approached by our current manager who offered us true representation and management. We immediately accepted.

Due to the rigors of our tour at the time, we were unable to contact Mr. Pilton to tell him the news. When we finally did, he became angry, abusive, and emotional. we have not had any contact with him since that incident.

While we respect Mr. Pilton's right to write about whatever he wishes, we politely ask that he refrain from insulting other bands.

Thrashingly Yours,

Sage Thrasher

FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

You think that just because you're famous now that stuff like talent and style don't mean anything?!?! Well let me tell you Mister THEY DO!!! I WAS THERE FIRST AND YOU A-HOLES DUMPED ME!!!! I'M GOING TO USE ALL OF MY POWER TO DESTROY YOUR STUPID BAND!!!!

Love,
H'rez Pilton

OOC: Yes, I do realize that I'm having an arguement with myself.

Sage Thrasher:
Horton Q - Bass
Offline uberdaveman  
#18 Posted : 25 February 2010 08:31:22(UTC)
uberdaveman

Man

troy211619 wrote:
uberdaveman wrote:

-Pilton, H'rez

No, actually we are really far from heavy metal, not even near metal. We play alternative rock which is not loud or obnoxious. And BTW, I'm more of a 60s and 70s guy..

Still too loud, try turning your amp down to zero and see if that helps! :)

-H.P.

Sage Thrasher:
Horton Q - Bass
Offline Aj  
#19 Posted : 25 February 2010 08:39:54(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
uberdaveman wrote:
troy211619 wrote:
uberdaveman wrote:

-Pilton, H'rez

-H.P.

Or you could turn your little mouth down to zero.

Billy
Offline uberdaveman  
#20 Posted : 25 February 2010 08:46:38(UTC)
uberdaveman

Man

Aj wrote:
uberdaveman wrote:

-H.P.

Or you could turn your little mouth down to zero.

Billy

I think we're going to be great friends. Or kill each other, one of the two.

Sage Thrasher:
Horton Q - Bass