logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bikz  
#1 Posted : 21 March 2010 19:57:17(UTC)
bikz

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 78 post(s)
ΔΤ BATTLE OF THE BANDS 4
Round 2 [21/3-25/3] : "Battle Festival"

Hello again! Congratulations to all who got through! In case you've forgotten who you are, you are -

Mind
Raining Suicide
Gethsemane
The Infidels!
Blood Of Wecz
Insolent Paradox

Black Gold Reign
Axiom
Holly Zona
Clear Vision
Green Leaf
Ryan Ross Hernandez

Reckoner
Pilot
The Rockers
Saburben Sunrise
Exit
I Spy Mudkipz

In this round, you will be playing at a miniature festival in front of a small audience of competition winners only - tickets were given out as prizes on various websites and radio shows. The venue is an outdoor one - Calton Hill, where the fourth Madcore Tour played a gig last year, the one with the circus playing as part of the show. Sets are twice as long (now 30mins) and now that we're down to 18, the game is even tougher! Groups are of 6 (the bottom two from each group will be leaving the competition). All roleplays and votes must be in by the 25th March.

Good luck!
-Katie x

Edited by user 26 March 2010 10:44:02(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
There is only one Rockstar Game - and it's your home! <-- still true (:
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline asdf  
#2 Posted : 22 March 2010 02:55:32(UTC)
asdf

Man

Was thanked: 539 time(s) in 290 post(s)
OOC: Hope this means I can post this now?

The band had been sitting back stage talking about the old days when a small man walked in and told them it was time to go out on stage. The group only had 3 more gigs before they were to go their separate ways and tensions were a bit high. The crowd has just seen some of the best live bands in the business today and they were wanting more. This left a sick feeling in the pit of everyone's stomach. Even after many years of touring and many different competitions, the excitement was still there and it was still fun. It made them think of their impending split, and wonder if it was really for the best. Too late now, the curtains are open and the audience awaits.

Johnny walked straight to the piano, an instrument that he loved and was using more often. Joey walked to his bass and Randy to his guitar. Garry was already sitting at his drums before they came out. The crowd which was made up of the other contestants and a few fans was cheering loudly but they slowly died down. This arrangement of an audience made them even more nervous but finally Johnny hit a single key. He began a slow solo piano solo and built up into a loud and fast rambling of notes until he suddenly stopped and Randy joined in with a blazing chord melody starting the first song.

Break Free is a new song compared to some of The Rockers work and may still be unfamiliar to some people, but the audience began to dance and sway as Johnny sang the first chorus. Johnny's blue suit was ripped and dirty as was the others black ones. This was a symbol of being battle worn and of the long road they have traveled. The song drew to its quick solo and Randy stepped up to the front of the stage to shake hands with people in between note strings. The song ended with a bang and Johnny stood up to walk to the other microphone. The audience cheered.

"Hello, how are you? (cheers) Good! We're gonna make you feel even better if you'll let us, and we plan on having a fun time tonight. Everyone ready for that? (cheers) Come on, you all sound like crickets, I said are you ready for some fun? (cheers louder.)

Alimony Blues is a brand new song from the bands latest album and has a comedic element along with its rocking style. Guitar is used heavily here and the only thing louder is Johnny's voice as he belts out the many pleas for forgotten love. The lyrics talk about a man who has to live in a hotel room, eat bologna and work 3 jobs to support his wife who divorced him, and his son who he doesn't think is his. This song ends in a sudden burst of flaming notes from the guitar and the crowd cheered wildly as the next song quickly began.

Too Tough is one of The Rockers oldest hits and is still one of the main staples of their live show. Its a casual rocker with heavy chords and sounds similar to an Ac/Dc song. The vocals are rough and ragged while the guitar is clean and smooth. The song is one of their most popular and while they have played it over 900 times, the band all agree that its still fun to play and have no complaints. Randy Wilde changed the solo for this performances and rather than a quick bursting solo that switches between high and low notes, he plays a mid-tempo-ed solo that started low and built up to a high end.

"Hows that for kick ass? We would like to do another new song for you...er...new-er I guess. Its called Evil.

Evil is a song about the evils in the world and is a much more serious song compared to the bands other work, as is the album which it comes from. The lights dimmed and Black lights show down on the crowd as Johnny sang about the darkness in people and the pain they cause to each other. The solo again hits hard here but it is not a guitar solo like on the album. Instead Joey steps on to the platform and plays a quick paced bass solo that sets the mood even more until Gary ends the song with a loud clash of cymbals.

Immediately the lights went on shining an almost yellow hue and the crowd cheered loudly as the band began playing Good. This is the opposite of the last song in every way. The songs lyrics speak about the people in the world who work to make it better and the saving graces out there. Johnny sat back down at the piano midway to play a solo that would have gone to Randy normally. Again the song was changed up a bit and seemed fresh again for the band, and the crowd. The song is a quick one and ends again in a loud clash of cymbals.

"Our time together is almost up, and I hope you have had as much fun as I have. I want to leave you with something that makes this night different. I want to talk about the future....ah screw it this is more fun."

The Road Home is an old song that the band doesn't normally play but has had a lot of requests to do so. It is a slow ballad and is piano based. The song is about a man who has just been discharged from the marines and his trying to find his way back home through roads he never knew and people he thought he did. It is a somber song but ends with a smooth and moving guitar solo that sets the mood that the band is feeling and when they all stood up at the front of the stage and the lights dimmed making them appear as shadows, even their combatants in the competition felt the sorrow, but as the lights came back on...Johnny and the boys were reminded that their is happiness ahead and left the stage feeling confident and anxious about the next round. After twenty years, you cant ask for more.
Proud member since September 6th, 2007!

Proud to be a mod since May 5th, 2011!

Currently writing the longest Solo-Written RP in Rockstar Game History
Offline bikz  
#3 Posted : 22 March 2010 02:56:34(UTC)
bikz

Woman

asdf wrote:
OOC: Hope this means I can post this now?

OOC : Yup, post away! (:
UserPostedImage
joshy, neon bras and full frontal neck nuzzling | blacked out by sean smith's neck | startled by joshy's furry presence
Offline Paradox  
#4 Posted : 22 March 2010 06:20:20(UTC)
Paradox

Groups: Registered
Man

"Alright, get ready to go"

"Well hey"

Insolent Paradox enters the stage, adorned with nothing but the band name, all four members are clearly nervous, they take a little too long getting ready. Erik then starts a kickass, complex, eastern-styled riff.... about 2 seconds before the other members even turn on their amps, Jose tries to save the band with a flashy, virtuoso bassline.... only to realize he's playing an entirely different song.

"Dammit!"

All four burst into laughter.

"Well, let's just play something simple, ok? Fuck ourselves."

Dani starts with some bluesy licks in what seems to be Dylan's Thunder On The Mountain, the drums and bass join in and Hector starts singing with a deep, penetrating voice more reminding of Tom Waits than of Bob Dylan or Hector himself. They seem to just be jamming with a song, without any pretentions or technical skills, halfway through the song Hector starts changing the lyrics, Jose starts shuffling random effects into his playing, while Dani and Erik make their parts more complex.... and surprisingly the song does not fall apart, they continue this way till the end of the song, all four clearly happier with jamming without the burden of doing something innovative or technical.

"That went pretty damn well"
"What now?"
"Fuck the setlist"
"We'll play the heavy part of our collab with Sage Thrasher, how about that?"
"And the drone thing"
"Alright, this is Track"

Daniel and Hector exchange some thrash riffs, while Jose goes nuts on bass, and Erik plays drums in crescendo, they go on for 1 or 2 minutes and then Daniel plays a long drone with no previous advice, the other three members somehow saw it coming and join him in a doom inspired part, while Dani keeps the drone Hector gets into some sort of... riff or solo type of... thing, anyway whatever he's playing was born out of listening to Sleep really, really, REALLY high on a night while seeing horror flicks, and then when it seems they'll reach some sort of breakdown, they hit the reset button and go back to that thrash riff exchange, with the bass madness behind, then again with no advice the song ends on a long, long, long drone.

UserPostedImage

The band chats between themselves for a few seconds, then Erik starts some latin percussion wankery and then Daniel starts with a heavily processed guitar sound reminiscent of a trumpet, over those two instruments Jose and Hector start building an atmosphere where they end up covering the spanish hit Matador. Instrumentally. Which takes away a lot of the song's attraction, yet it was a fine cover

After a few more chatting and what seems to be a joke about a donkey, Hector does the riff for The Passenger and then everyone joins them, Daniel singing on deep, not-so-penetrating voice the lyrics to Iggy Pop's song, sadly without the crazy behavior. Jose again starts fooling around with bass and at one point he creates a moment of amazing beauty under the thick layers of sound that make the song, really a moment that cannot be explained with human words, apparently he realized this because he kept a face for the rest of the gig that apparently said "well that was pretty amazing/i'll never do that again/i still want pie"

"Oh well, we came here with the purpose of unveiling a couple new songs, but let's just go ahead and finish with another cover"
"Wonderful Tonight"
From the crowd: "I hate love songs!"
"You like Clay Aiken, shut up"

A soulful interpretation is provided by the band, with the song remaining practically the same, with only one difference, Hector once again provides his raspy vocals, greatly different than Clapton's mellower voice, a remarkable thing about the gig, on two out of three songs that had vocals Hector did them and Daniel took over lead guitar, huh?

UserPostedImage

"That was fun"

Insolent Paradox leaves in silence, to give space for the next band to play

Setlist
Thunder On The Mountain
Track
Matador
The Passenger
Wonderful Tonight
RP bands:
Insolent Paradox - Progressive [Forum Thread] - Post-production
Oceans - Fusion Jazz - Writing

stephaniewazhere wrote:
I'm failing? I'm failing??????? LMAO!!!!!!

Mod Edit - you failed...

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room.
Offline troy211619  
#5 Posted : 22 March 2010 09:45:35(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
OOC: I'd be posting my RP here in a few hours, I just need to go practice for Recognition Day...
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline PANIC!  
#6 Posted : 22 March 2010 13:37:04(UTC)
PANIC!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 2741 time(s) in 1013 post(s)
OOC: Wasn't able to start my rp today, so mine will be up sometime on Tuesday.
UserPostedImage
Offline bvgf  
#7 Posted : 22 March 2010 15:39:05(UTC)
bvgf

Man

Raining Suicde are waiting offstage for the next band to finish.about 15 minutes later the previous performing band come off.Raining Suicide check their ready and as tradition take their shots of whiskey and rush on-stage.

The Band look around at each other and think ‘Are these guys happy to see us?’.They start their first song JUMP. The Band quickly shred away.A fast drum beat that seams impossible to copy.And enough guitar strums to make a beginner seam like they suck.The band don’t stop for any crowd members getting trambled upon they just plain and simply SHRED!

Samuel playing Jump
UserPostedImage

Raining Suicide are just getting started as they burst into their next song HD TV.A soft complex pattern starts off so soft it makes the crowd think there’s a different band on. Until Michael starts off the plain old thrash metal type of song.Thrash at its finest.

The next 2 songs DEAD/ALIVE and INDIAN get the crowd jumping up and down like they are on a trampoline. Raining Suicide have achieved their goal of tearing the house down tonight.

The final song is a cover.The infamous Raining Blood by Slayer.The Riff electrifying as George bashes away at the drums.The cover ends with the thunder as the studio recording itself.

Micheal plays the complex pattern in HD TV
UserPostedImage

Setlist:
Jump
HD TV
Dead/Alive
Indian
Raining Blood(Slayer Cover)

OOC:If you want to hear 'Raining Blood by Slayer heres a link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xRckKGYOvk
Offline Synxhard  
#8 Posted : 22 March 2010 16:57:22(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
OOC: Alex from Testament and Dragonforce? Sorry, I like guessing face claims, except only the Dragonforce one's really a guess.
Offline troy211619  
#9 Posted : 22 March 2010 22:45:11(UTC)
troy211619

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 38 post(s)
The spotlight grew dim as the crew began cleaning up the stage to prepare for the next band. It was easy to see that the audience was itching to see the next performers, was it going to be the awesome Mind? maybe the great Ryan Ross Hernandez? Well, neither actually. Reckoner were up next and unlike their previous performances, they have evolved into more confident musicians, even better than they were before. They learned from Round 1 that if they start losing their confidence, they just might lose everything else that they have worked so hard for, but tonight they wouldn't go down without a fight. The band then walk on stage with the spotlight still off, the audience could only see their silhouettes making them even more excited. The band plug in their instruments and do a simple soundcheck based on a blues riff before the spotlight suddenly goes on.

Troy:"Waaaaaaazzzzuuuuuuuupppp!!!!!!"

The crowd screamed so loud that it almost made the band deaf, but they didn't show any sign of their irritation and they began playing their first song, Scream. The crowd, for the first time, formed a mosh pit to the song which made the band even more aggressive in playing. JC was most aggressive, he rapidly strummed his guitar chords, a style similar to Jonny Greenwood's guitar playing. After a few more beatings, the strings could not take their suffering anymore and finally got cut, leaving only 2 lines of blood through JC's arm. Luckily it was near the end of the first song and JC was immediately taken care of by the medical team backstage. The band was left without their lead guitarist, Troy had to think fast to save the show, he then sat on the piano stool and grabbed the mic.

Troy:What you guys saw right there was a real injury, this wasn't part of a fucking script or just an act, JC really cut his arm badly. But we must keep the show going, am I right?

The crowd screamed agreeing with what Troy had said, the rest of the band looked confused on what Troy was trying to do. They all looked at Troy trying to get a sign of what they would be doing next. Troy then grabbed the mic to introduce the song.

Troy:This song is one of the band's all-time favorites. It was written for a musical back in the 60s and since then, has been passed on to many great musicians like Nina Simone, John Coltrane, Sammy Davis Jr, and Muse. I would like to dedicate this song to all of you..

The band understood the sign Troy had given them, they were going to play Feeling Good-the Muse way. Troy began playing the piano intro as the crowed swayed to the song. When Troy began singing the lyrics "Birds flying high", the crowd sang with him, it was a beautiful sight to see for JC who was watching from behind the curtain backstage. The doctor advised him to take a rest and let his arm heal first, it wasn't bleeding badly, but they couldn't take any chances.He was also informed that he could play after the song, as long as he doesn't do the aggressive guitar playing anymore. The song was at it's near end where Troy screamed "Butterflies!" along with the crowd, he hit all the notes exactly like Bellamy from the CD version of the song without cracking. The song began to smoothen out into a nice, clean falsetto outro. JC appeared infront of the crowd and they cheered for him as he acted like someone giving a curtain call after a great performance, Troy was distracted and almost bursted out laughing, but he had to finish the song in a clean manner, which he successfully did followed by a wave of applauses.

Troy: Please give a round of applause for the star of the show JC Anderson!

The crowd cheered for JC as he went to his post and picked up his electric guitar, which had its strings replaced during the previous song.Troy left the piano stool and got his acoustic guitar from a crew member sitting backstage. He then went to his post, got his water bottle on top of the amp beside him and drank some water. He then threw the half empty water bottle to the crowd before introducing the next song.

Troy:Our next song was written two nights ago after an incident that happened last week where some fan jumped on me after a gig just to get my autograph, I was almost scared to death and I think it's gonna leave a permanent mark in my head.. Well we wanted to show you guys some new material anyway. Please bring out your cellphones and light them up to this song, its called Slow Down.

The song begins with a simple chord progression and smooth falsetto vocals from Troy accompanied by Tristan's bass and snare drum combo and JPC's bass guitar following the progression. The song was so emotional that some people began to jerk tears and others tried to sing along without them even knowing the lyrics. The song progresses with slightly distorted guitars on the chorus, but the distortion didn't help reduce the tears. The song was just so beautiful that it could make anyone cry. The song also consisted of a double guitar solo played by both JC and Carl with JC playing a whammy based solo and Carl playing a reverb and delay based solo. The song went on beautifully, even though it was only practiced once by the band last night.When the song came to a halt, the audience applauded and the tears finally stopped falling.

Troy: It was really overwhelming to see everybody cry to that song. You guys make me wanna cry!

The crowd bursts into laughter as a crew member goes on stage to give Troy his Telecaster, he whispers something in her ear and she goes backstage right away without saying another word. She came back with a bottle of water in her hand and gave it to Troy who thanked her before sending her backstage. He drank a huge amount of water and left the bottle on top of the amplifier beside him, he then walked up to the mic to introduce he next song.

Troy: The next song we were planning to play was Oxygen, but with all the emotional things going on we decided not to play it the way we normally do, maybe everybody would start crying again. So here's the alternate version of Oxygen

Troy strummed an E-chord and sustained it for a few seconds, Tristan then came in cuing the band with 3 hits on his drumsticks before making their way in to the song. The song was the alternative for the soft and sweet Oxygen, it featured a power chord progression on heavy distortion by the 3 guitars for an intro which made the atmosphere a little bit more, wild.. The crowd in the 3rd row formed another mosh pit quickly switching the mood from sad to mad. The chorus was also composed with the same power chords added with a little fill made by Carl. The crowd went nuts when it came to the bridge, Troy began singing as if he was gasping for air adding emotion into the already emotional song. It gradually built up into a one note scream followed by the metal-esque solo played by JC. The song went on until it reached an epic outro which would change the perspective of the crowd, Reckoner aren't just a one genre band, they can do almost anything.

Troy: Didn't expect that didn't you? Well neither did we, what you just saw was a brainstormed outro, it wasn't planned and it was a surprise for us to play, I hope someone recorded that, it could well be used for a future song!

Everybody was astonished with what Troy had just said, they didn't expect the outro to be from out-of-the-blue, it was just perfect. Troy, who appeared really sweaty and exhausted drank some more water before introducing the last song.

Troy: Well tonight was a great night and we want to thank you all for the applauses, the cheers, the overall support, you guys are great!
Sadly, our time is almost up, we need to give chances for other performers too you know? We want to make this night memorable for you, we want to end everything with a big ,big, oversized, monstrous, supertitanic performance. Thank you all again for the great night, this is Negative..

The other band members also bid farewell to the crowd before going into the song. Negative was there greatest and most well-known single to date and the fans knew every single line to the song so they all sang along. Troy was obviously tired but still went on with performing, he was thinking to himself that it was the last song and he could take a long rest after it, he sacrificed himself so that everything the band put into the competition would not be wasted. He sang with all his heart and the crowd could feel the mixed emotions he had, the pain, the happiness, the anger, everything that was on his mind was visible to the eyes of everybody since he was vulnerable at the moment. The song had reached his bridge, the most aggressive part of the song, Troy couldn't take it anymore, he was extremely worn out but the fighting spirit inside him struggled to push through. Instead of singing the bridge, he dropped the mic, opened his arms really wide, and dived into the crowd. He then had the time to relax in the arms of the people who caught him. The song still played on with Carl singing the outro of the song. After the song, Troy was quickly brought back on stage and was carried by the band to the medical team, he needed help....

Setlist:
Scream
Feeling Good(Muse Cover)
Slow Down
Oxygen(Alternate Version)
Negative

(OOC:Hope I did a good job!)
zicon wrote:
So what is Role Play all about, Imagination?

Aj wrote:
I don't dislike pop, I dislike bad music.

Liam

UserPostedImage
Offline ExitMusic  
#10 Posted : 23 March 2010 06:57:39(UTC)
ExitMusic

Man

EXIT

LIVE AT

CALTON HILL

"We're Exit, who the fuck are you?!?!" shouted Mike as Exit arrived on the stage to Rod Stewarts 'Da' Ya Think I'm Sexy?' Mike was wearing a black leather jacket unzipped. Underneath the jacket was a white t-shirt with a picture of Jesus upon it. The band tuned their instruments as the crowd began to clap in anticipation for the first song. Finally the first song started, this song being 'Shoelaces' the fans went crazy as one of Exits newer tracks has become an instant hit with fans. The catchy nature of the song has all the fans singing along right up until the end. When the song is finished Mike begins to talk to the fans.

UserPostedImage
Mike singing 'Answer Me'

"Hows it going you miserable bastards? You've gotta be fucking louder than that or we'll have you ejected...this one is called 'Answer Me.' The fans cheered wildly as this song is a fan favourate despite not being released as a single. The hardcore fans on the front row looked the most excited to see this song however, as they were waiting hours at the front to see their favourate band perform. In an instrumental part of the song Mike tells the crowd that "They were looking like grieving cods, as he laughed away and continued with the song.

UserPostedImage
Grieving cods at their finest.

Next up was Exits first ever single and the first song Mike ever wrote; 'Pride'. The song begins with Bills drums followed by the bass guitar of Greg joining in, followed the the lead guitar of Chip and finally Mike joins in with the rhythm guitar and the vocals. If the whole of the crowd didn't know the last song, they certainly knew this one, in fact there was a good chance that everybody in the world had heard this song, from New York to Gambia. The song finishes on an all out war to be the loudest with their instruments between the musicians as Mike shouts 'James Blunt can suck my big toe.'

UserPostedImage
Toe sucker

"There isn't too many of you today is there?...Ah well, better than playing in pokey pubs in Wigan town center, having bottles thrown at you by old people. So yeah, fuck old people, this next song is called 'This Hedonist'." They blasted into their newest single like bats out of hell, not grieving cods, or old people. Mike had the crowd clinging onto every word he sang as this was shaping up to be a hell of a performance; "This Hedonist she seeks around for easy pleasure, I waited and waited to let her down with good measure" Widdows sang as the crowd clapped along to the beat of the song.

UserPostedImage
No, fuck you!

"Right this is our last song, then you can fuck off home after your free gig. 'She's had three in three months she thinks it's an achievement, the type who flirts with other blokes at family bereavements..." After these words the song kicks into a ravishing rhythm as the crowd start to throw pints of piss for the first time at the gig..."You've livened up, if any piss hits me I'll piss on you from up here!" shouts Mike just after the chorus of the song. The crowd go insane as the band finish on a high tempo...

UserPostedImage
Lovely...

Encore!

Exit return back to the stage for two more songs. The crowd go absolutely crazy to see the band again, as they were a little disapointed as they thought they had finished. "You're lucky having us back you know" jokes Mike as they retune guitars. This one is for you lot, this is 'To The City' 'cause I'm guessing that's were you're heading after this...This song is gonna be our next single as well...'I Took a trip, took a trip to the city tonight, to the city tonight, to the city yeah!" Mike continued as the crowd through some more piss, which went down a treat...

UserPostedImage
Bill trying to break his drumkit.

After this song had finished Mike announced "Right we've really gotta go now, but this is a cracker..." They suddenly burst into the tune of 'By The River' as the crowd cheered for one of the bands most popular songs. Mike took his guitar down to the crowd to perform a solo before finishing the song on the words "Oh by the river she broke my heart, oh by the river she did depart, oh by the river she made me cry, oh by the river she said goodbye...Goodbye Calton Hill, we've been Exit, stay safe!"

UserPostedImage
Our ugly fans.

The band left the stage to a chorus of cheers and a round of applause as Calton Hill had seen a spellbinding performance from the finest of the North.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Exit: Indie Rock, Alternative Rock, Punk...
Offline Mt. Epic  
#11 Posted : 23 March 2010 07:45:26(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Now it's Clear Vision's turn to make some noise!

As the band climbed up the stairs to enter the stage, Blaine's phone rings, annoying the other band members. Fortunately, it was a short call, thus the band quickly proceeded to the top of the staircase, and began performing.

Skipping all sound checks, Blaine finally announced, "Hey, sorry about that. We're Clear Vision. We're thankful to have had this oppurtinity to perform here at Calton Hill. We would like to first say that..." Finally, somebody yells from the back "Get on with it!" Blaine's face turns red. The band thought "uh-oh. Blaine's gonna go at it again." Fortunately, Rob ran up to Blaine, calmed him down, and finally, Blaine said, "...Let's get it on!"

The band once more, start with their usual opener "Red Swans". However, this time, Blaine grabs arms of a guitar, and gets some solos in with lead guitarist Jimmy Stewarts. The song starts with cheers from the crowd, now huge but substantial. Blaine is concerned about this particular crowd. He wonder,"what if this will be our first gig in which we get booed off?" Blaine, unexpectically runs up to Jimmy during his solo, telling him he's gonna duet with him. An eager Jimmy agrees. Now, Blaine jumped outta nowhere with his Gibson. The crowd are now a blaze. Blaine's fears seemed to have escaped him.

Following that performance, the band didn't stop for more than 5 seconds until starting up the next song, "Gravity" Blaine yelled "YEAH! HOW THE FUCK ARE YA! CALTON HILL, YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!" After which, Blaine jumped into his vocal part quickly. The crowds were moshpitting. One fan even jumped on stage, but held back. Once the band ended performing, Blaine made a daring stage dive. He was quickly brought back on stage. However, the band continued playing, with Jimmy doing a guitar solo, Tim got a drum solo, even the bassist Rob threw in a beasty bass solo. Finally the band ended, just as Blaine reappeared back onto the stage. "How was that for a show!"

UserPostedImage
Blaine, front, singing before his glorious stage dive.

UserPostedImage
Blaine, left, and Jimmy, right, performing their new song, "New Love"

After all the moshpitting and crazy antics on stage and below, Blaine cues Jimmy to grab his acoustic. Blaine says, "Well, we've been recently harassed by fans via online to release a new album, which surprises me cuz we recently made one. This next song is about the time I met my future wife, who actually I divorced before we became famous. I wrote this song many years ago, and only now I feel I can perform it without it meaning a thing. This is called "New Love"" The crowd screamed until they finally into silence as the acoustic guitar broke through into the mic. Blaine performed the soft-spoken love song, and nearly cried. At the end of the song, Blaine said "I promised myself I wouldn't cry, but, well, I guess I still can't perform this song without any emotionaly depth." The band took a few minutes time out, but then returned backed.

UserPostedImage
A moshpit nearby the accident.

Now, a more confident, happy Blaine appeared before the crowd. He said, "We're sorry for that intermission. THis next one is a classic. It's called "Already Lost". The crowd turned berserk. Moshpits were everywhere. Blaine yelled at the top of his lungs at the last chorus, then quickly silence fell the audience. Blaine wondered "Should I sang quieter?" Then no, a group of paramedics rushed to the center of the audience. They were rushing in numbers. There, on the ground, layed 3 people, one woman, about 20-ish, and two men, around the same age as well. They quickly rushed them off stage. Blaine was silent. So was the band. Finally, TIm said, "well, come on guys. We gotta finish this up." Blaine kept himself together, approached the microphone and said, "well, umm, let's end this I guess. This last one is "3am"!" The crowded lifted up in feelings. It was a great emotion of warmth, happiness, and glee. Once the band ended, they had completely forgotten what happened only minutes ago.

UserPostedImage
The band

Finally, Blaine says, "hey, let's give it another go, shall we? This is the last one. "Under the gun"!" NOw the ground was cheering! Everybody was yelling along to Blaine's loud, abrasive voice. Once the song ended, Blaine quickly said "thanks and goodbye!" and simply dropped the mic before exiting the stage.

Edited by user 23 March 2010 08:07:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline MATTT  
#12 Posted : 23 March 2010 12:17:50(UTC)
MATTT

Man

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 99 post(s)
HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

Nick-Are you guys ready to rock tonite
Crowd goes absolutley

Matt- this song is called move on
(after the song)

Charlie-Thank you well as most of you know we are still a relotively unknown band. But Jenny and I are leaving the band after this tour is done and after DTBOTB4 is over.
Crowd boo's.

Matt-this next song is by a band called Papa Roach.. It's called "I Almost Told You That I Loved You"

the crowd starts to mosh to the song
UserPostedImage

Matt- Well how many of you liked that
"RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!" yells the crowd
Matt- Well then your going to like our next album

The Band starts to play "Baby I Lo... Don't Love You"

Jenny- So right now we are going to slow things down with a band called "RadioHead" this song is entitled "Karma Police"
UserPostedImage
(Matt singing the ending)

thank you so we actually only have time for about two more songs so we are going to do one more cover right now its called "Im made Of Wax, Larry, how bout you?" by the band "A Day To Remember"

In the middle of a song a giant fight breaks out and security is forced to throw out the people who were fighting.

Dylan- Well now that thoose fuckers are gone how bout we play our last song
UserPostedImage
YAAAAA! yells the crowd

Matt-Ok this song is the hardest song on the E.P. its called "The End"

in the middle of the song Nick yells"Alright fuckers get up go crazy and dont forget this fucken night for the rest of your god damn lives!!!!

EVERYONE fets up people were jumping on the stage and moshing like crazy

Matt-We love you all, you guys are crazy, GOODNITE!!!!

Set
-Move On
-I Almost Told You That I loved You(Papa Roach cover)
-Baby i Lo... Dont Love you
-Karma Police(RadioHead cover)
-Im made Of Wax, Larry, how bout you?(A Day To Remember cover)
-The End

Thanks to everyone that voted us through hopefully this was a better RP then our last one we did more covers to show what our new sound will be simallar to
Please vote for us :)

MY ARTISTS

hindsight.
UserPostedImage
Offline Synxhard  
#13 Posted : 23 March 2010 12:46:50(UTC)
Synxhard

Man

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 16 post(s)
OOC: There is a fine line between posting a picture or 2 for effect, and page stretching guys.
User is suspended until 11/08/2288 11:47:34(UTC) Greenleaf  
#14 Posted : 23 March 2010 12:55:21(UTC)
Greenleaf

OOC: I'll probably have mine up by tomorrow.

UserPostedImage

YES I am.......
Offline bikz  
#15 Posted : 24 March 2010 01:08:11(UTC)
bikz

Woman

.... and the voting groups are ....

Mind
Raining Suicide
Gethsemane
The Infidels!
Blood Of Wecz
Insolent Paradox

Black Gold Reign
Axiom
Holly Zona
Clear Vision
Green Leaf
Ryan Ross Hernandez

Reckoner
Pilot
The Rockers
Saburben Sunrise
Exit
I Spy Mudkipz

As before, write them from top (best) to bottom (worst). Two from each will leave this time. The winners will be announced on the 25th, for the third heat to start on the 26th.

-Katie x
UserPostedImage
Offline genocidal king  
#16 Posted : 24 March 2010 01:11:53(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
OOc: mine will go up tonight, but I'm already at 950 words before the band have played a note...
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
theonlysorrow on 01/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Laurelles1  
#17 Posted : 24 March 2010 03:49:56(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
Backstage, a few hours before Mind are set to go on. “Okay, we’re prepared, aye? We all know the set list?” asked Jason nervously. “Don’t worry dude. It’s only a ga-““FUCK OFF WITH YOUR GAME! THIS IS SOME SERIOUS SHIT!” After calming down from his shouting, Jason said calmly “So... we start with the intro? Or should we go straight into Usurper?” If looks could kill, Aaron would have been locked up for murder “Yes... the first one...”
Skip forward a couple of hours. Only a few minutes now. Whilst Jason was perfecting his hair to make sure it looked caveman-ish, the rest of the band were getting their instruments ready, waiting for the time to come. Jason came out of the bathroom, looked at the rest of the band and said “Shall we rock this shit up then?” and a battle cry commenced from the band and the staff. “YEAH!... Just let me have a piss first.” Jason replied.

The stage was being set up for Mind. The band slowly started to stream onto the stage, commencing loud roars to erupt from the crowd. Once Jason had finished with his toiletry habits, he galloped onto the stage, shouting. Luckily, no-one could hear him for the lack of microphone. Circus music started playing from the speakers and Jason made a speech. “We are Mind. We intend to make you all shit your pants in the half an hour we have here. Give a big ol’ metal scream for DELTA TAU ENTERTAINMENT! That’s right, motherfuckers... first off, we’re going to do our biggest one... get it done with. Here is... Divine... Usurpeeeeeeeeeeer!!” On that scream, they riffed their way into the single, causing multiple devil horns to make their way into the air. The riff was heavy and everyone could feel it. As the words came along, the fans started chanting “Divine are the living... divine are the dead... we learn how to live when we die! DIVINE! DIVINE! DIVINE! WE LEARN HOW TO LIVE WHEN WE DIE!”
“That was l33t!” Harry, the bassist, exclaimed. As the band shared a joke between themselves, Jason said “Alright...” and they went straight into Cascade of Blood. This was one of their earlier songs and the crowd enjoyed it a tremendous amount. The amount of hair flips done by the band was uncountable. Mosh pits and circle pits were developing as the song neared its riff-heavy end, whilst stage diving was also happening.

At the end of the song, a fight was occurring between two fans; one was a chunky “kvlt” metalhead and the other was a weedy punk rocker. Although the metalhead landed a heavy blow, the bouncers came in and broke them up. “Well... we knew we were good... but we didn’t want to start fights, dudes. Actually, fuck that. It’s funny to watch you mortals squabble. Ha-ha!” Aaron laughed. Whilst the fight ended, Jason said “Okay, serious now. As the world nears its formidable end, our global experience of universal proportions, predicted by many greats will arrive at our system, our solar system... Authoritarian oppression, family abuse, depression caused by conformity and economic devastation will be neutralized by technological terrorism in times of complete chaos. Control will never be gained for toleration will become extinct. A husband quarrelling with his wife will not think twice or regret his spent bullet; hungry children will not spare the grocer. Remorse in all forms will be removed from human thoughts and actions. Freedom will only be available through revolution or death... and I’m all outta revolution. Open your eyes, open your mouths, close your hands and make a FIST!” and while the crowd roared in agreement to this, they went straight into their political anthem Amber is the New Red.

This was even more furious than the last song, the crowd destroying the hill and dandruff flying about everywhere. Rather than end the song, they extended it by jamming for a few minutes. Once the song HAD finally ended the spared no time and pounded into another song from The Juggernaut, the unusually named Lyophilisation (The Words and The World). It was anthemic, yet heavy. Chaotic, yet beautiful. This song involved inclusion of the piano, which made it the most melodic of the set list yet.

“Alright... this one was never released and probably never will be. It’s a demo from a very, very old EP of ours. It’s called Blue.” There was time to switch the guitars to acoustic, and the drums were left alone for a while, since the song was a beautiful, melodic and progressive piece of music. Despite this, the crowd loved it. A round of applause spread around the stage. “I don’t think we’ve got long left. What do you guys want, eh? Tasteless? MOTHERFUCKING TASTELESS?! LET’S GO!!” and they thumped their way through a popular song that had never been released as a single for some unknown reason.

“Now for the finale...” Aaron said as a drum roll from Robert made way. “We’ll need a volunteer for this one. You, with the epic beard!” He said, pointed at a guy with an epic beard. “Y’know Blasphemy! Let’s do that one.” And they went into the final song, a very popular song with Mind fans. They moshed alright, but some of it was drowned out by the laughter of the fans at the epic beard guy. When the song reached its close, Jason said “You dumb bugger, you’re gonna live with that for the rest of your life now!”

“Thanks guys, but it’s time we left now for a better place. Remember, vote for us! We know where you live!” Harry shouted as they left the stage to cheering. Get in there.

UserPostedImage
"Woah woah woah there.. that's my hairspray!"

UserPostedImage
Om nom nom...

UserPostedImage
"God save our gracious queen..."
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Offline Marksy  
#18 Posted : 24 March 2010 03:59:50(UTC)
Marksy

Man

Was thanked: 162 time(s) in 113 post(s)
With the success of getting through the first round of voting, I Spy Mudkipz have taken a break from touring with Zzzonked and have been busy preparing for the second heat of the battle of bands. Before going on stage, each member of the band goes through the setlist, making sure no mistakes are made, and that the instruments are perfect for the new performance they are trying for the one gig. Barrett sends the tweet “Literally just about to go on stage, this is insane”, this could be shown as a sign of nerves from the young vocalist, but it could also been seen as a bonus. He and his band are becoming an internet hit, with social websites such as Myspace, Twitter and Last.Fm helping the music circulate.

“Hello Calton Hill!” Shouts Michael to the crowd filled with fans who are lucky to get at the small gig, “You’ve been going crazy for the other bands, hope you get step it up for us!”

Gemma, keyboardist then begins to play a backing synth, sounding like something from a prodigy song, but with a strange edge that makes the song sound towards the indie style that the band are famous for; Indie, Electronica and Grime, more commonly known as Nu-Rave. As the rest of the band begin to play along to the keyboard loop, Michael tells the crowd “This song was written for this gig, and this gig only, It’s called Circles!” The music is temporarily cut out by the sounds of screams and then Michael starts his part “It goes round in circles, it’s just like a whirlpool, this ain’t no sequel, No i won’t go!” With a circle pit starting, it seems fitting with the song, and it’s lyrics. The song sounds more like a mix between Hadouken and Pendulum than anything in this song, with the lyrics being grime and the music being dominated by keyboard loops and heavy effects.

“Woah you guys really know how to have a fucking good time!” Michael tells the crowd, “This next song, you might have heard, it’s our first single, VAMPIRES LIVE IN MY BRAIN!” More screaming occurs as the band play their most famous song to date, the song causes more circle pits and people dancing along to the synth beats, as Michael and backing vocalist and Guitarist Adam sing “Smashing like glass, we are the night!” the crowd joins in, and gives the band a huge confidence boost, making Michael think that they could make it somewhere in the music industry with the release of the new album/mixtape “We’re Here To Keep Things Moving”
“That was insane people! We’d like to tell you about our merch that is being sold here, we have an EP that we will be giving out for free after our set! List to the tracks and give us feedback, the songs might just be demo copies, but we want to get feedback so we can improve it for the real thing!” Adam tells the excited crowd. “We’re gunna play an instrumental song now, it’s called ‘Fighter Beat’!” The song sounds like a Prodigy song, heavy synths, on a loop, with effects flying around. Michael continues his trademark of jumping into the crowd, and has a short crowd surfing moment before coming back onto the stage for the bands next song which links with Fighter Beat

“Are you ready for a cover of our main influence Hadouken?” The crowd start cheering and chanting for what song they want ‘Liquid Lives, Mic Check and That Boy That Girl’ are all heard, but the band ignore all of these requests “here is MAD!” Michael screams to the crowd just over the sounds of cheering and shouts. The cover of the song is the same musically but Michael adds his own touch to the lyrics, adding his own little rap during the slowdown in the music. The crowd seem to love the cover singing along with the band and dancing to the music.

“We’ve got time for one more song, I think it should be another cover..” Says Michael, aiming this at both his band mates and the crowd, who begin to shout out songs they would like to hear the band cover, ranging from Hadouken, The Prodigy and Pendulum to Mindless Self Indulgence, Lady Gaga and one person is even heard to shout out a Bring Me The Horizon song. “Right, we’re gunna be playing you a song, that you wouldn’t expect us to cover.” Michael informs the crowd, “it’s called Hot ‘N’ Cold!” The crowd here the opening to the Katy Perry song, and begin to jump around to the catchy song “We want you to sing with us!” Bassist Scott shouts at the crowd.

As the song and comes to a close Michael screams to the crowd “You have made this gig one of our best gigs of all time, we hope you have enjoyed it as much as me and the others have, Enjoy the other bands!” The crowd scream the loudest they have the whole night as guitar picks and the drum sticks are thrown into the crowd. Fans are seen rushing towards the I Spy Mudkipz Merchandise area were they are picking up the band’s EP for free.

Setlist
Circles
Vampires Live In My Brain
Fighter Beat
M.A.D (Hadouken! Cover)
Hot ‘N’ Cold (Katy Perry Cover)
Offline genocidal king  
#19 Posted : 24 March 2010 05:09:55(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
(OOC- if there are any huge typos or spelling issues ill sort the later as I have to dash)

As the previous bands stuff is cleared from the stage, Blood of Wecz roadies move in and start to assemble the stage for the death metal giants set.

After the instruments are tuned, plugged in and ready to go, a curtain is pulled from the drum riser that sits 2 metres above stage level, at the back. A section of the crowd let out a roar as the two bass drums bearing the legend BLOOD OF WECZ are revealed, and a few of them start to chant.

Two roadies on ladders are then seen unpinning a bigger curtain from the back wall of the stage. The black letters of the bands name, set on a background of blood dribbling down glass come into view (the big screen normally used by the band at gigs doesn’t really work outside in the daytime), and the cheers from the crowd get louder, more chanting starts.

BLOOD OF WECZ! BLOOD OF WECZ! BLOOD OF WECZ!

After the roadies exit the stage lights go off, and the crowd are ready to go, getting themselves pumped up. For one or two, a little circle pit kicks off in the crowd, and the band haven’t even yet appeared.

As the chanting and cheering gets louder, someone points to the side of the stage, where Scott H can be seen standing nonchalantly at the top of the stage stairs, wearing his glasses, and calmly sipping his beer. As more people see him and start to point at him he lifts his beer bottle in salute and smiles, before disappearing down the stairs.

Moments later, the music on the PA cuts out, and the crowd cheer. Then the instrumental section of Metallica’s Master Of Puppets starts to play over the PA. The Wecz fans in the crowd of competition winners can now be spotted easily, as they are familiar with this ritual start to the band’s shows. As the crescendo of the section is reached (just before the singing comes back in), the stage lights flash white, causing some people to let out a little involuntary Whoa, and then all goes silent.

A few seconds before - Back stage - Blood of Wecz stand at the bottom of the stairs, in a small huddle. Ryan Lee addresses the band.
Ryan Lee – Okay guys, we all know that this is a contest, and we’d all love to win! But let’s concentrate on doing what Blood Of Wecz do best. Lets tear this place up and give those people out there what they came to see!
The band shout encouragement to each other and Ryan and Scott slap each other in the chest to really get the adrenaline flowing. Maxxi and Mark engage in a little huddle, talking to each other and going through the setlist one last time, and Santi Padora sits on the bottom step of the stairs to the stage, his head bowed in a little prayer.

The last note of the instrumental in Master of Puppets fades away, and Ryan Lee bursts into life.
Ryan – OKAY!! Right guys let’s fuckin’ go! Come on! He high fives all the members of the band one at a time, and Santi Padora is first to ascend the stairs, followed by Mark Talley, Maxxi Starr, Ryan Lee, and finally, Scott H.

Back on stage – The fans at the front cheer and chant the bands name some more, and then they see Santi stand on the stool of his drum kit. They cheer as Santi stands tall above the stage, drumsticks raised. His trademark grin is etched across his face. He sits down and plays a quick drum solo, finishing with an impressive flourish of double bass and cymbal runs. He waves to the crowd.

Mark Talley and maxxi Starr arrive at the top of the stairs at the same time and walk onto the stage simultaneously. The crowd cheer the two quiet men of the band, and they give waves back, but are there usual un-animated selves.
Ryan Lee is the next man to reach the top of the stairs. As he does he breaks into a run, sprinting to the front of the stage, and standing on the front monitor, screaming at the top of his lungs and throwing the horns to the crowd as he does so. The crowd respond in kind and Ryan picks out a few in the front row who are dedicated Wecz fans he has seen before. He points at them and lets them know that he knows how much they do for the band.
As Ryan steps down from the monitor, a roadie hands him his guitar, a sleek, black, seven string Ibanez S Series, with the name R.LEE emblazoned across the headstock. He pulls the strap over his head and walks back into position, just beside the lead mic.

Ryan shoots a glance towards the stage stairs, where a confused looking roadie stands looking at him and shrugging. Ryan lets out a little chuckle, and shakes his head slowly before walking to lead mic.
Ryan Lee – Hey, you guys all saw Scott standing right over there drinking a beer five minutes ago right? Yeah? Well it would appear he’s decided now to go take a leak. It’s just as well though, dude is far too weak bladdered, would never have lasted a whole half hour up here. Should we hurry his ass up?

Cheering and laughing

Ryan Lee – Alright lets make his ass panic, we’ll start the song, see if he makes it in time!

Ryan steps away from the mic again, and points at Santi, who counts four slow beats on his cymbal. He then plays a little cymbal roll as Ryan plays the slow, acoustic intro that all Wecz fans know. Ryan stands with his back to the crowd as he does so, slowly strumming and picking his guitar for just over a minute, before Santi plays a massive drum roll, followed by a huge solo, and finishes with a dainty flourish. The crowd cheer as the whole band stand motionless.

Backstage…seconds before - Scott H runs towards the stairs to the stage, fastening his belt on the go. As he nears the stage he hears Santi start the trademark drum roll and solo. He curses himself and hit’s the stairs taking two at a time…

Onstage - The crowd wait in angst, and erupt into ecstatic screeching as they see the white shirted lead singer of Blood Of Wecz, Scott H, burst onto the stage, gasping for air as he does so. He runs straight to the front of the stage, grabs his mic from the stand and jumps straight into the area between the stage and the crowd.

Scott H - Alright Calton Hill? I said ALRIGHT CALTON HILL??!!!

They cheer and shout and chant as Scott H high fives some of the shirtless fans in the front row.

Scott - Alright, then this one is called REPENTAAAAAANNNNCCCCEEEE….Fucking move!

As he shouts move, Ryan Lee hit’s a huge screeching pinch, and Mark Talley starts the tremolo melodies that litter the opening track. Santi Padora blast beats for the whole of the first chorus as Mark and Ryan exchange sweeps and runs in the guitar dual that is the first verse.

Scott - (chorus) You think you know me?
I got news for you!
I’ll put you down and out
And kick the shit!
You wont forget me!!
RE-PEN-TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNCCCCCCCEEEE!!

As he looks up from his mic, Scott looks surprised to see so many people in the crowd of competition winners singing back at him, but he throws the horns at the crowd and starts high fiving again.

The song continues through three verses and choruses of driving riffs and melodies, before Mark and Ryan exchange solos filled with bends and pinches. Santi brings the song to an end after 6 minutes, with a speedy burst of double bass.

Scott - - Thank you so much! For those who haven’t heard of us before, we are Blood Of Wecz, I am Scott, and I made it just in the nick of time!

The crowd cheer as Scott makes for Ryan Lee pretending to punch him

I fucking love you man! But I swear I’ll get you back for that shit! Hahaha!

Alright lets get on with the show! Who here owns a CD called Creator’s Wrath??
A loud cheer

Yeah? Then you’ll know this one…hang on…You all know I like the ladies right? Well I don’t get the chance to meet enough lovely ladies these days. So how about we see some lovely girls surfing their way to the front during this next one? It is called BLACK….

WATER!!!! Screaming and cheering.

Mark Talley hit’s the now trademark sweep combo that he loves to play, evident in his huge beardy smile as he nails it, perfectly, as usual. After he hits it the rest of the band come in. The song is much thrashier and faster than the previous one, and Sanit Padora looks almost in pain as he screams through the searing pace needed for the blast beat which lasts for the full 7 minutes of the song.

As the song progresses, Scott H stands on the front monitor, as countless women come crowd surfing over the top of the front row, they blow Scott kisses, and he reaches down to grab their hands, kissing some of them as they are whisked away by security staff at the barrier.

Mark and Ryan hit a huge dive at the end of the final chorus, to the delight of the crowd, and step out of the way in order that Maxxi Starr can play his crowning piece, a 30 second bass solo that he bangs his afro’d head along to as he tries to get the crowd into it. The song ends with a quick lead piece from both guitarists.

Ryan - Since this is a contest, and we need to thrill y'all, how would you like to hear a cover song??

Cheering and chanting again

Good! Well we wanted to play you this song, by a band we love, who you might not have heard of...the band are called Sylosis, and this song is called TERAAAASSSS!!

Santi counts the band into the Sylosis track which is full of chugging riffs and terrifying sweeps, Scott H sings the lyrics with a venom that suggests this is a personal favourite of his.

Scott - (chorus) - Fear in control... The screams are everywhere
Now hear the sound of millions...... RUNNING SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEDDDDD!

By the end of the song a lot of people have really got into it, and a pretty fierce pit has opened up, a few guys fall and get trampled, and the band wait to see they are ok, before progressing with the cool lead outro to Teras.

Scott - Did you like that? Yeah well get out there and buy that CD, it's called CONCLUSION OF AN AGE!!! We fucking love Sylosis and we're sure you would as well!
Well we only have time for two more tonight...I know, I'm sorry, this one is a new one. I mean brand fucking new!

Cheering and anticipating chatter

It's so new it doesn't even have a permanent title yet, so send us some on a postcard...hahah! Okay, for now, this one is called PUTRIFICATION IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION

The opening riff to the new track is full of tremolos and pinches as the band find a new sound for themselves in their new work. About 30 seconds in, a massive blast beat welcomes the death metal that the fans love, and came to see. They break out into a massive circle pit, women and children running for cover, as the screaming of Scott H mixes with the shredding of the guitars.

Scott (chorus) - Putrified!
Liquified lover!
Broken down and beaten inside
Bleeding orrifice! Weeping eyes!
*growls*Revelations from your God!

The last part of the song is an acoustic outro, which both guitars play without any backing from bass and drums. Scott H leaves the stage and a spotlight falls on Mark and Ryan ans they stand back to back, playing what sounds almost like a Spanish melody. They play it fast and slow for a full four minutes, before they are backed by violin and cello on the PA for another 3 minutes, the song fades, and the crowd marvel in the poeticness of Blood Of Wecz and the mastery of Mark and Ryan on guitar.

Scott - Ladies and gents lets hear it for Ryan and Mark on guitar!
Santi plays a drum fill as the crowd show their appreciation for the beautiful outro.

Yeah that was fucking beautiful! Buy our new album if you want to hear more shit like that! hahaha
Anyway guys, we only got one more for you tonight...

Booooooo

Scott H – I know, I know. But I think you know my little speech thats coming next... So, I wanna know if you can all play a little Blood Of Wecz game here again tonight. How about this...I want you all to split into two sides. Right up the middle here... That’s cool, beautiful guys, beautiful. Now, every time you hear Mark or Ry hit a pinch in this song I want to see two guys from each side run at each other. You hit that guy opposite as hard as you can! No punching or shit, just good ol' fashion wall-of-deathing! Then when I signal, the rest of you pile into the middle and lets see the biggest wall-of-death Scotland has ever seen...this song is MIASMA

Cheering loudly.

Miasma is less than ten seconds old when Mark Talley hits the first pinch, sending four shirtless, heavy set guys spiralling into the middle of the empty floor, careering into each other at a frightening pace. As Ryan Lee hits three in a row a group of around ten men break ranks and start circling around thundering into everyone. Following another 12 pinches, some bruised and battered people hobble to the side, whilst a beaming Scott H throws them the horns.

One huge last huge pinch rings out and Scott H raises one hand....

Scott H – Wait for it...1!2!3! GOOOOO!!!!

The song Miasma blares out at a blistering pace as Scott H roars and screams at the crowd. He goes to the barrier and allows members of the audience to sing along into his mic, before he stands atop the barrier and conducts them in an acapella rendition of the chorus whilst the band take a momentary break.

4 minutes of sweeping, pinching, and thundering riffs later

TAKE! A deep breath!
Suck it all up inside
PUTRID MANIFESTATION
A sickening stench of death!
MIASMA!

The song stops and the crowd cheer and chant. Bloof of Wecz throw picks and drumsticks into the crowd before they leave the stage.

Scott H – Thanks you guys! This has been amazing! We’ll see you again soon!

Ryan Lee – VOTE WECZ FOR DELTA TAU!!

Cheering and chanting again

SETLIST

REPENTANCE
BLACKWATER
TERAS (Sylosis cover)
PUTRIFICATION IN THE BOOK OF REVELATION
MIASMA

pics

The crowd wait in the sunshine for BoW
UserPostedImage

Maxxi plays his bass solo, he loves it!
UserPostedImage

Scott H - he had just pissed then you know.
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
theonlysorrow on 01/12/2013(UTC)
Offline Laurelles1  
#20 Posted : 24 March 2010 05:27:50(UTC)
Laurelles1

Man

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 288 post(s)
OOC: I've now got a horrible feeling i'm going out this round.
Awards (stroking myself and thinking I'm superior):
@Chaos awards:
Best Band - Mind
Best Album - Shattered Fairytale by Mind
Technical Ecstasy - Jason Smith (x3)
Best Solo Male - Jason Smith
Birdies:
Best Producer - Jason Smith

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage