logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Mt. Epic  
#1 Posted : 11 September 2010 07:53:24(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Ok, this just happened to me about a few minutes ago. This girl that i've been really close friends with now for about 2-3 years is moving away. I really like her, and i could tell that she really liked me, probably more than i liked her. But because of our close friendship, we never quite asked each other out, at least i didn't because i felt it would get all weird and complicated. Plus, i guess we were both a bit unknowing of u each other's exact feelings for each other, thinking that "wut if i ask her out, but she really just wanted to be bff's?" well, now i'm afraid that this'll be all over for our friendship. I live in the northern suburbs of a city called Milwaukee. She's moving to a town called Oshkosh, which is about an hour north from here, which isn't bad. But for being a freshman with no driver's license, it's gonna be luck if i'll ever be able to see her again. yeah, i can get a license next year, but will we still be as close as we are now? will i want to drive to her? and the same for her? She wrote this txt to me "Max im moving to oshkosh and i love u ur such a cool friend ill miss u sooo much goodbye" (btw, my name is Max) I asked her when and she wrote "Today or tomaro. Ive know this for a while but i thought itd happen ltr. srry :'("
so, is my life over? i very much think it is. Oh, sure. i could tell my feelings now, but would it really matter now that we're apart?
UserPostedImage

Fuck yo punk ass! Da BBC Kingz gon' getchu!
Offline DistortedAudio  
#2 Posted : 11 September 2010 09:12:06(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Mt. Epic wrote:
Ok, this just happened to me about a few minutes ago. This girl that i've been really close friends with now for about 2-3 years is moving away. I really like her, and i could tell that she really liked me, probably more than i liked her. But because of our close friendship, we never quite asked each other out, at least i didn't because i felt it would get all weird and complicated. Plus, i guess we were both a bit unknowing of u each other's exact feelings for each other, thinking that "wut if i ask her out, but she really just wanted to be bff's?" well, now i'm afraid that this'll be all over for our friendship. I live in the northern suburbs of a city called Milwaukee. She's moving to a town called Oshkosh, which is about an hour north from here, which isn't bad. But for being a freshman with no driver's license, it's gonna be luck if i'll ever be able to see her again. yeah, i can get a license next year, but will we still be as close as we are now? will i want to drive to her? and the same for her? She wrote this txt to me "Max im moving to oshkosh and i love u ur such a cool friend ill miss u sooo much goodbye" (btw, my name is Max) I asked her when and she wrote "Today or tomaro. Ive know this for a while but i thought itd happen ltr. srry :'("
so, is my life over? i very much think it is. Oh, sure. i could tell my feelings now, but would it really matter now that we're apart?

You'll probably meet her again later in life. It'll be so awesome then.
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Mt. Epic  
#3 Posted : 11 September 2010 09:50:51(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

DistortedAudio wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

yeah ik for sure i'll see her again, but i don't think we'll ever be friends anymore. Sure, long time friends perhaps at best, but not really best friends anymore.

I received a text from her where she said that she liked me and wondered if i ever felt the same. I said that i had some feelings of beyond friendship but never wanted to express them for the sake of convoluting our lives amongst our friends.
UserPostedImage

Offline DistortedAudio  
#4 Posted : 11 September 2010 11:16:07(UTC)
DistortedAudio

Man

Was thanked: 1784 time(s) in 975 post(s)
Mt. Epic wrote:
DistortedAudio wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:

yeah ik for sure i'll see her again, but i don't think we'll ever be friends anymore. Sure, long time friends perhaps at best, but not really best friends anymore.

I received a text from her where she said that she liked me and wondered if i ever felt the same. I said that i had some feelings of beyond friendship but never wanted to express them for the sake of convoluting our lives amongst our friends.

Are you guys going to call each other everyday? No. Are you still going to be great friends? Yes.

You two know you like each other so how about you go out and have the time of your lives?
UserPostedImage

I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

EARN BY WORKING LIKE A DOG
SPEND LIKE ROYALTY
Offline Captain Insano  
#5 Posted : 11 September 2010 11:58:16(UTC)
Captain Insano

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 23 post(s)
No, your life is not over.
UserPostedImage
Psycopathologist- old school death grind

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, it's just that your's is stupid.
Offline C4AJoh  
#6 Posted : 11 September 2010 19:11:25(UTC)
C4AJoh

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8625 time(s) in 2703 post(s)
No your life is not over, (Also it's very similar to my situation a couple of years ago, in the I have a dilemma thread and that's worked out well.)
I think that even if you don't keep in touch, you will both have the memories and I'm sure that both of you will think about those memories fondly and in one maybe two years you can see each other a lot - visit on weekends it's something at least - and you never know, when she gets old enough (don't know your age) she might decided to move back "home".
It really isn't over, yeah it will most likely be difficult but as long as you hold onto even a tiny bit of hope then there's always something to believe in.
And remember absence makes the heart grow fonder.
Offline Aj  
#7 Posted : 12 September 2010 03:35:45(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Oh dear, an hour ? A fucking hour? Jesus, you can't like her that much if your not willing to go even that distance ? I don't know what the public transports like in the USA, but hell there must be a train or a bus or something ?
Offline Rincewind  
#8 Posted : 12 September 2010 03:36:40(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Aj wrote:
Oh dear, an hour ? A fucking hour? Jesus, you can't like her that much if your not willing to go even that distance ? I don't know what the public transports like in the USA, but hell there must be a train or a bus or something ?

this.
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Mt. Epic  
#9 Posted : 12 September 2010 05:24:55(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Aj wrote:

I don't have a driver's license yet. I gotta wait at least a year before i can start going to driving school. That's my problem. When I finally get a license, would i still have the same strong feelings for her? Besides, the train station in my city is across town and it doesn't quite go through her city.
UserPostedImage

Offline Aj  
#10 Posted : 12 September 2010 22:45:41(UTC)
Aj

Man

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Mt. Epic wrote:
Aj wrote:

I don't have a driver's license yet. I gotta wait at least a year before i can start going to driving school. That's my problem. When I finally get a license, would i still have the same strong feelings for her? Besides, the train station in my city is across town and it doesn't quite go through her city.

I highly doubt that in the USA, the most important nation in the world, it's impossible to get from one city to another when they're an hour away from each other. Maybe meet up in a small town in between the two ? I dunno, just don't say you 'love' her if it's that much hassle to make the effort and come up with a way of seeing her.

EDIT: or is milwakee or whatever its called in Canadia? I dunno, point still applies though.

Edited by user 12 September 2010 22:46:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#11 Posted : 12 September 2010 22:55:10(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)
Aj wrote:
Mt. Epic wrote:
Aj wrote:

I highly doubt that in the USA, the most important nation in the world, it's impossible to get from one city to another when they're an hour away from each other. Maybe meet up in a small town in between the two ? I dunno, just don't say you 'love' her if it's that much hassle to make the effort and come up with a way of seeing her.

EDIT: or is milwakee or whatever its called in Canadia? I dunno, point still applies though.

Well he's from the US and not from wherever the hell you come from.

Edited by user 12 September 2010 22:57:41(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Rincewind  
#12 Posted : 13 September 2010 01:32:35(UTC)
Rincewind

Man

Was thanked: 124 time(s) in 87 post(s)
i agree with Aj...
if you love her you will make the effort.... If you don't love her you wont.... but don't go bandying the word about..

I'm sure that there are places you can both get to and meet up there....
I hate it when people see me at the supermarket and they are like:
Hey, what are you doing here?
and im just like:
Oh you know, hunting elephants
Offline Mt. Epic  
#13 Posted : 13 September 2010 05:30:54(UTC)
Mt. Epic

Man

Milwaukee is in the US, not too far away from Chicago, Green Bay, & Madison, and a few hours from the Twin Cities, so it's in the middle of large metro areas, it's also a big one too. She lives in a city called Oshkosh, which is about an hour and a half away (lookd it up on google earth). We are planning to meet at a city called Sheboygan on thanksgiving, but nothing is official yet. Honestly, I think i overreacted, and once i realized i overreacted, i turned a little stubborn lol. I'll be fine, but it's still gonna be hard. Plus, after some long texts, I realized that i don't really love her enuf to be a lover, but rather as a great friend. I guess it's just her absence that opened up some strange feelings.
UserPostedImage