logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<101112
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#221 Posted : 30 October 2013 05:44:11(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
UserPostedImage
Released: October 30, 2013
Format: Digital download, CD single
Recorded: 2013
Genre: R&B, Soul
Length: 3:28
Label: Studio60 Records
Writer(s): A. Wansel, W. Felder, Hannah Beth Merjos-Caulfield
Producer: Pop & Oak

Song Background
'Tables Turnin' is a song performed and recorded by American Pop/R&B artist, Hannah Beth. It will officially be released for download on iTunes and other media sources on October 30th, 2013 as the second single from her new album, following 'Northern Lights'. The R&B inspired track will officially be released on iTunes on October 30th, 2013 and from the sounds of it, Hannah is channeling her inner sexy diva and going back to her more 'urban' sound which she has used in the past with singles like 'All Of Me,' 'Goodbye,' and recently, 'Northern Lights.' One of the few singers who has actually stayed around in the industry, even though she took frequent breaks in between to focus on her personal life, Hannah has come a long way in her music and career. She may still not be in the ranks among some of the legends but she could easily be mistaken for one. Of course, last name alone, Hannah has more than enough made an impact in Pop and R&B music during the past few years. She's collaborated with such artists as Failed Youth, Taylor Asbridge, Tisha Jackson, husband Brandon Caulfield, and arguably one of the most controversial icons in music, Katie Coyle.

Hannah took a different route with her new track, as she did with her last single. She showed R&B wasn't just a coincidence with her voice and that she was really able to go back and forth between Pop and R&B, occasionally experimenting with other sounds but mainly sticking with those two genres. She has a very soulful voice when provoked and it clearly is shown in her new single, 'Tables Turnin.' The song is rumored to be written about her husband, Brandon Caulfield, but she has yet to deny or confirm who it's specifically about. She did explain what the song meant:

"It's a very....sexy, free, loose type of song. It's all about feeling sexy at the right moment and wanting to share it with your guy or girl. You know, when you've had a long day or whatever and you just wanna get comfortable and cozy with your significant other, that's all it is. It's from a woman's perspective, so they're saying that they've been catered to and taken care of but now they want to turn the tables and take care of him. They wanna be in charge for the night and have fun. (Laughs) I guess that's what most women go through sometimes right? They want that one night where they show they care, even though it's probably obvious they care but they want to almost show off what they've learned. It's really sexy."

Another card Hannah brought to the table is teaming up with the up and coming producing duo of Pop and Oak who have worked with artists like Elle Varner, Nicki Minaj, and Alicia Keys. They have also produced songs for the hit movie 'Sparkle' and 'Think Like A Man' so it's safe to say she went to the right place for some good 'ol R&B music. It even has the throwback feel to it, with a sample of the Chi-Lites - 'That's How Long' incorporated into the song as well. Merjos-Caulfield pulled out her best vocals and a catchy chorus as well for her new single.

Song Description
The song has an old school, almost Motown feel to it, with the sample of the Chi-Lites and a modern twist to it. Lyrically, the song is about catering to a man instead of him taking care of her. Hannah doesn't overly sex herself up but she gives the song a sexy and fun energy to it with her impressive vocals and lyrics. Even though the song isn't directly dedicated or mentioning her husband, also a recording artist, Brandon Caulfield, lyrics such as, 'Remind you why you made me your wife', suggest that she is implying it to her husband. She gives a strong performance, pushing through with being on the verge of powerhouse vocals yet keeping her delicate touch. In the verses, she keeps a pattern of switching back and forth between lines with a high voice and then her regular voice, almost as if sounding like the vocal equivalent to going from innocent to sexy in a matter of seconds. In the bridge, Hannah's voice is lower as she is expressing her wishes for him to distract himself from the troubles of the world for a minute and focus on the both of them together.

Remix
It is rumored that 'Tables Turnin' will feature a remix with a rapper but Hannah has yet to reveal who are in plans to be on it. "I want it to be a surprise but I can tell you it's going to be amazing. The song will feature one of my favorite rappers so I'm extremely excited to get to work with them." The release date has not yet been determined.

Lyrics
[Verse 1]
Magic seems
To be showing up here tonight
We don't need
To get rough or put up a fight
Don't you leave
You'll miss out I'm one of a kind
We don't need a spotlight baby we just know

You've seen me through so much it's been a while
Haven't felt like we could get away but I'm turning it around
So don't you worry about a thing

[Chorus]
I'll put on that dress that you like
Tables Turnin'
Remind you why you made me your wife
Tables Turnin'
Promise everything will be fine
Tables Turnin'
I'll be yours if you will be mine
Tables Turnin' (Who-oa)
Tables Turnin' (Who-oa)
O-o-oh, Ooh

[Verse 2]
Every time
You've been catering to my needs
Not this time
I'm putting you ahead of me
Cannot lie
I've been waiting for your company
No one else will get this loving not this way

You've seen me through so much it's been a while
Haven't felt like we could get away but I'm turning it around
So don't you worry about a thing, ye-eah

[Chorus]
I'll put on that dress that you like
Tables Turnin'
Remind you why you made me your wife
Tables Turnin'
Tables Turnin'
Tables Turnin' (Who-oa)
Tables Turnin' (Who-oa)
O-o-oh, Ooh

[Bridge]
Escape away from all the pain
That's all that I can tell ya
We'll pretend there's no daylight and this moment will last forever
I know it's not the usual but that's okay
Sometimes a man needs to switch his place
Take my hand, I'm lighting candles
There ain't nothing that we can't handle
And after this night you'll never want to leave, so just relax and

[Chorus]
I'll put on that dress that you like (I'll put on that dre-e-ss)
Tables Turnin'
Remind you why you made me your wife (Let you know why I'm your wi-i-fe)
Tables Turnin'
Tables Turnin'
Tables Turnin' (Who-oa)
Tables Turnin' (Who-oa)
Tables Turnin' (Who-oa)
Tables Turnin' (Who-oa)
(Don't you worry about anything) Tables Turnin'
(Just know we will be okay) Tables Turnin'
(We're just playing my game) Tables Turnin'
O-o-oh, Ooh

Sounds Like:

Edited by user 30 October 2013 05:44:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 7 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Walton on 30/10/2013(UTC), erich hess on 30/10/2013(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 30/10/2013(UTC), stephaniewazhere on 30/10/2013(UTC), snap_itshannah on 30/10/2013(UTC), kandii on 10/11/2013(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 18/06/2015(UTC)
User is suspended until 28/07/4752 18:55:55(UTC) Walton  
#222 Posted : 30 October 2013 07:26:54(UTC)
Walton

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 1998 time(s) in 1105 post(s)
Sonyae: Wonderful song Hannah banana. Sorry :( I always give people nicknames before I even get to know them well. Whatever, let's start over. Hello Ms. Hannah Beth. I'm Sonyae and I'm a rapper from Southside Jamaica Queens. I heard the rave reviews about your latest single and I just had to check it out. The sound and the sexy tone in this is very very nice! I love your vocals by the way too. You're an ICON - whether anyone chooses to believe it or not.

OOC: Great work Tequila! I've been anticipating a new release by Hannah! :) I can't wait for more. Great work again. :)
thanks 1 user thanked Walton for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 30/10/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#223 Posted : 30 October 2013 07:29:00(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: Walton Go to Quoted Post
Sonyae: Wonderful song Hannah banana. Sorry :( I always give people nicknames before I even get to know them well. Whatever, let's start over. Hello Ms. Hannah Beth. I'm Sonyae and I'm a rapper from Southside Jamaica Queens. I heard the rave reviews about your latest single and I just had to check it out. The sound and the sexy tone in this is very very nice! I love your vocals by the way too. You're an ICON - whether anyone chooses to believe it or not.

OOC: Great work Tequila! I've been anticipating a new release by Hannah! :) I can't wait for more. Great work again. :)

Hannah Beth: Aww it's okay, I love that nickname :) My other friend calls me that as well! Hello Ms. Sonyae, thank you very much! I'm glad you like it and thank you, that's quite a statement.

OOC: Thank you very much :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
Walton on 30/10/2013(UTC)
Offline AmyJayneXoX  
#224 Posted : 30 October 2013 07:34:40(UTC)
AmyJayneXoX

Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3996 time(s) in 1366 post(s)
Amy-Jayne: I love this song it has a very sexy and fierce power and feel to it I love it :)

OOC - amazing lyrics Tequila well done your RPs never fail to amaze me and make me want to work harder :)
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked AmyJayneXoX for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 30/10/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#225 Posted : 30 October 2013 07:35:58(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: AmyJayneXoX Go to Quoted Post
Amy-Jayne: I love this song it has a very sexy and fierce power and feel to it I love it :)

OOC - amazing lyrics Tequila well done your RPs never fail to amaze me and make me want to work harder :)

Hannah Beth: Thank you Amy :) I'm happy you love it!

OOC: Thank you very much :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Offline kandii  
#226 Posted : 10 November 2013 13:45:27(UTC)
kandii

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 10467 time(s) in 3435 post(s)
OOC : So this is where this song has been hiding !!! Lol , sorry I just now found it . I really like this song :) You did your thing with the RP as well !
thanks 1 user thanked kandii for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 10/11/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#227 Posted : 10 November 2013 13:49:25(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Originally Posted by: kandii Go to Quoted Post
OOC : So this is where this song has been hiding !!! Lol , sorry I just now found it . I really like this song :) You did your thing with the RP as well !

Ooc: Lol thank you :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
kandii on 10/11/2013(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#228 Posted : 17 June 2015 05:13:01(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

thanks 8 users thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
JohnnyBBB on 17/06/2015(UTC), erich hess on 17/06/2015(UTC), AmyJayneXoX on 17/06/2015(UTC), Andre Gandra on 17/06/2015(UTC), snap_itshannah on 17/06/2015(UTC), BrownSugar on 17/06/2015(UTC), Realms Of Darkness on 18/06/2015(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 18/06/2015(UTC)