logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

17 Pages«<1112131415>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
User is suspended until 16/05/4760 03:38:29(UTC) stephaniewazhere  
#241 Posted : 16 June 2012 05:14:13(UTC)
stephaniewazhere

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 7557 time(s) in 3439 post(s)

OOC: Truly love and respect the work ethic you have for you RP's, they are so neat, easy to read and filled with good detail. Nice job Stace :)
thanks 1 user thanked stephaniewazhere for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 16/06/2012(UTC)
Offline Famouss7x7  
#242 Posted : 16 June 2012 16:14:00(UTC)
Famouss7x7

Was thanked: 20070 time(s) in 6660 post(s)
OOC: Amazing job as always. You never fail to impress these forums :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Cristina LakeAubrey MikkelSabinaJames UrieAustin NimmoMandy Williams The Wolverines
Jerry Holmes • Marina Balan • MiamiBYSNaomiSuzieAaron StylesCory DionneThe Kittens
Brittany KnoxDennis Shaw • Gemma • Payton • Cassie Valentine • JT RodriguezJay-CNick UriePRÓXIMO

Offline GirlSpice  
#243 Posted : 10 July 2012 04:14:08(UTC)
GirlSpice

Groups: Moderators, Registered
Woman
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 7399 time(s) in 2464 post(s)
THIRD SINGLE "WE'LL BREAK TIME" ANNOUNCED
UserPostedImage

Following on from previous two hit singles "Records On" and "Teenage Tragedy", Nadia Berry is set to release third single "We'll Break Time" from her number one album Hera. The album broke records for the highest debut week figures, and has already gone on to sell over one million copies since its release. Nadia is currently touring with Katie Coyle, where they will play their final show at the Sydney Opera House on the 25th.

Click below to hear the new single lifted from the album.

"We'll Break Time" will be available to download from next week.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 1 user thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
PANIC! on 10/07/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#244 Posted : 12 July 2012 06:26:08(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImageUserPostedImage

The video for "Teenage Tragedy" sees Nadia Berry in her most simplistic, yet most effective video to date. Although if you've got a phobia of spiders, this may not be the video for you. Nadia takes on the role of a rebellious, daring and careless teenager to suit the theme of the song, having pigtails throughout the video and sporting nothing but her underwear. The video opens with Nadia stood in front of a plain background, looking unimpressed while she rolls her eyes at the camera. She chews on a piece of bubblegum and twirls a strand of hair around her finger, while a shot of a tarantula walking flashes on screen at various times. We then see Nadia on the floor, and the tarantula slowly crawls up her hair and onto her face, her eyes closed. The scene switches back to the plain background set-up, and Nadia now has a tube of red lipstick in her hand, as she begins to apply it over her face in a messy, careless manner.

Back to Nadia on the floor, a close-up shot is seen of the tarantula, as it crawls over her bra. The lipstick scene shows around half of Nadia's face is now completely covered in red lipstick, and she continues to smear it over her face. A shot of the side of Nadia's body is seen, and the camera stays fixed in the position where the tarantula eventually comes down into shot, crawling down her stomach and to her underwear. Nadia's fully-covered lipstick face is seen, she smiles, before she slides her hands up her face and then runs her lipstick-covered hands down her chest and bra. The final shot is of the tarantula on the floor, as it walks slowly out of the frame.

VIDEO COMMENTARY

Nadia: "This video was hell on earth, I haven't even watched it since filming it. It's the cheapest and most simplistic video I've ever done, but this was just the feel I wanted to go for. That was until the guy I directed it with came up with the tarantula scene, which scared me to death. I was hesitant at first, but I was willing to do it for the sake of the video. It's funny, because despite the simplicity of it all, it was actually the longest video shoot I've done as well... why? Because I was fucking scared of that tarantula, I've got the biggest phobia of them, you have no idea. In all honesty, it took over thirty takes to get the part with the tarantula on my face right, and it was such a short scene that lasts a few seconds in the video. But that was my first encounter with it, and I just freaked out. Then it took another twenty or so takes for the tarantula to walk down my stomach and to my... you know where. I was shaking with fear for a large part of it, so it took that long for me to calm myself down. Because I couldn't shake or show any sign of fear, I'm supposed to be this crazy, fearless teenage character that's doing a whole load of crazy shit! On top of that, there was a whole team putting make-up on my whole body to make myself look paler, so I could transform into this reckless character, when in reality, I'm quite tanned from all the hot countries I've been touring in! But I hope it was worth it and everyone likes the video. I never want to see another spider in my whole life."

Lyrics:
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 3 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
stephaniewazhere on 12/07/2012(UTC), PANIC! on 12/07/2012(UTC), Walton on 12/07/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#245 Posted : 17 August 2012 06:50:10(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
PANIC! on 17/08/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#246 Posted : 11 October 2012 08:11:39(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 6 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
PANIC! on 11/10/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 11/10/2012(UTC), erich hess on 11/10/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 11/10/2012(UTC), Mckenzie- on 11/10/2012(UTC), Moquel on 13/10/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#247 Posted : 14 October 2012 07:29:00(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage
NADIA BERRY SINGLE PREMIERE / ANNOUNCES THE COLLECTION
UserPostedImage

After a year full of monumental success, Nadia Berry is proud to announce her final Chaos Records release, The Collection, her first solo compilation album that will feature all of her solo hits, as well as brand new songs specially recorded for the release. 2012 has been a great success for Berry, who has released two number one studio albums this year, titled Open Heart Surgery and Hera, the former has sold over 4.3 million copies, whilst the latter has so far sold over 2.5 million. She has also had 7 songs this year peak within the top 2 slots on the Digital Songs Chart. Nadia currently holds records on three running charts, the highest opening week sales of 490,000 for album Hera, the most consecutive weeks at number one on the Digital Songs Chart (4), and the biggest climb to number one on airplay with "Teenage Tragedy".

The Collection will be available in stores worldwide from December 3rd, following the MTV premiere of Inside Out: Nadia Berry, an exclusive documentary directed and produced by Ryan Ross Hernandez, which will follow the life of Nadia, including a tell-all sit down interview. The album is led by lead single "Calling You Out", a song written by Nadia that deals with as many subjects as she can possibly throw out there, all of them relating to her life, the industry or just her dislikes in general.

"I think now's the time for me to really push myself as an artist and show everyone that I'm not just that girl from GirlSpice, you know? I think this song shows everyone there's a lot more to me, I've proved a lot of people wrong and I've made them think different of me after this year, I wanna continue that" Nadia states. "It's really just a song where I get stuff off of my chest, and music is a great way to do that, because no one can call you a bitch for it," she laughs. "I think honest, witty lyrics are the most interesting to me, I've been listening to a lot of our name is stars. and Isaac Lovelock, and their stuff really captivates me. So I guess I wanted to go out of my way to try and make a track where you'd just wanna continue listening to see what I'd call out next."

"Calling You Out" is a track full of several tempo changes, crowd chanting, and both talking and singing, making for one of Nadia's most eccentric songs to date. There's a dramatic and thumping drum beat in the verses that powers in after the spoken intro, as Nadia powerfully calls out the lyrics. The tempo quickly slows down and just an acoustic guitar backs her for the chorus where she sings, the final two lines being chanted by a crowd that continues till the end of the post-chorus. This style remains throughout, before the final chorus replaces the guitar for a more explosive sound with drums, synths and violins, rounding out with the same two spoken lines that were heard at the start of the song.

"Calling You Out"
(N. Berry)

I'm calling you out... (calling, calling)

Scandals, rumours, trends and fake friends
Label drama, baby drama, tweet and repeat
Paparazzi, blogs, TMZ and tabloid covers
Fake headlines, ex-boyfriends and my lover's ex-lovers
Backstabbers, sell outs, wannabes and nobodies
Fame whores, attention seekers, bitches and snitches

Now let's sing it for all the fucked up celebrities
Here's one for the Barbie dolls and the silicone queens
Now let's sing it for all those in this fucked up scene
Here's another for the stories in all those magazines
Yeah, let's raise a glass for each and every one
One, two, three cheers for this beautiful, beautiful life
Woah, woah, woah, woah, I've got a beautiful life

If you're high or drunk, maybe both, let me hear you sing
Hey, hey, hey, I've got a beautiful life
If you can admit that you're an addict, let me hear you sing
We all live in a twisted heaven, so let me hear you sing

Media pressure, body issues, weight gain, weight loss
Body shapes, sex tapes, down south, word of mouth
Reviews, interviews, YouTube views and name tattoos
Writers, celebrity riders, pop culture and vultures
Drug addictions, fiction, tabloid columns and the fallen
Photoshop, photoshoots, video editing and discrediting

Chart hits, video clips, diva fits and relationships
Proposals, wedding rings, reality shows and new homes
Perfumes, world tours, life on the road, overload
Manufactured, ghostwriters, lipsyncing, unconvincing
Mental issues, bipolar, off the rails, tell tales
Album sales, broken records, features and preachers

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 2 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
PANIC! on 14/10/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 14/10/2012(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#248 Posted : 14 October 2012 07:45:23(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
eilidh: Hey, I never met you,
And it's so crazy,
But who's the bestest,
It's Nadia Berry!

Hehe I sang a song for you :3 awww yay go Eilidh!

Ooc: Love this :) great work as always.
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 14/10/2012(UTC), erich hess on 25/10/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#249 Posted : 14 October 2012 08:03:28(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Nadia: Aww, I love it sweetie! I don't think I've ever had someone make up a song on the spot for me, so thanks for that ahaha.

OOC: Thank you!
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#250 Posted : 14 October 2012 18:25:17(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Isabel: Let's hope I'm not in this song :O kidding! Lol. I'm always mesmerized by your lyrics and Nadia Berry can do no wrong when it comes to music so of course this was going to be as wobderful as I thought :-) Great job!
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 15/10/2012(UTC)
Offline Mckenzie-  
#251 Posted : 15 October 2012 01:17:11(UTC)
Mckenzie-

Man

Was thanked: 1511 time(s) in 943 post(s)
Ryan: You're a lyrical goddess! It was confirmed a long time ago, but still, I thought id share it now. You're a real inspiration Nadia, the way you go about your life and with the music you create, a true role model. All your songs have an air of honesty and your voice seems to be getting better and better withe every release. Looking forward to the compilation album and getting those new tracks!
retired x
thanks 1 user thanked Mckenzie- for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 15/10/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#252 Posted : 25 October 2012 05:27:29(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

THE COLLECTION COVER + TRACK LISTING
UserPostedImage

01. "Calling You Out"
02. "Shadow"
03. "Teenage Tragedy"
04. "Records On" (feat. Isaac Lovelock)
05. "Risktaker"
06. "Beautifully Broken"
07. "One of Those Days"
08. "We'll Break Time"
09. "Cheap Flings and Diamond Rings" (with Katie Coyle)
10. "Good Girls Don't Lie"
11. "Nothing Less Than Perfection"
12. "Records On" (Solo Version)
13. "You Wanted War"

"Calling You Out" out now.
The Collection available December 3rd.

Edited by user 02 December 2012 05:52:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 3 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
RoseJapanFan on 25/10/2012(UTC), erich hess on 25/10/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 25/10/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#253 Posted : 06 November 2012 10:14:18(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

INSIDE OUT: NADIA BERRY TEASER #1

Lead singer of the most successful girl group in the world, a superstar on her own, a record label owner, a successful business woman, and one of the most photographed women in the world. A camera crew followed Nadia Berry every day for two months to get an insight on her daily life, to discover her tragic secret past, and for her to set the record straight.

A shot of Nadia walking into her Montana home is shown, she's then followed inside, greeting boyfriend Ryan Ross Hernandez with a kiss on the lips, as he's sat playing his guitar on the sofa in their lounge. The scene then cuts back to Nadia sitting in a light, open space, sat on a white chair in front of tall glass windows, a beautiful scene of Los Angeles behind her.

Why did you want to do this documentary?
Nadia: "I've been in this industry a long time, I've been through a lot, and I think it's time that I get a lot out in the open and show people the true me. People see the Nadia Berry that's smiling on a magazine cover, or the Nadia Berry that's happy when up on stage. But I wanna show them the Nadia Berry that lives her life just like anyone else would, like when I wake up in the morning without make-up... as horrifying as it may be. (laughs) Really, it's a bare-all documentary."

What is the life of Nadia Berry like? Will it shock some?
Nadia: "I guess everyone's about to find out over these next two months! I don't think it'll be shocking in the sense that people are gonna see me doing drugs and getting wasted every night. That's not who I am, maybe it'll shock people in the sense that I'm just like them, that I do things anyone else does. Deep down, I still feel like that young, lost girl from London who was trying to make a name for herself in any way that she could."

We then see a busy road, sped up to show thousands of cars passing through it, before the camera turns to show a large billboard, promoting Nadia's latest album Hera.

Nadia: "Then I see a billboard of myself, or I hear myself on the radio, then I remember that I'm actually quite famous... just a little bit."

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 5 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
BrownSugar on 06/11/2012(UTC), PANIC! on 06/11/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 06/11/2012(UTC), Walton on 06/11/2012(UTC), Famouss7x7 on 06/11/2012(UTC)
Offline genocidal king  
#254 Posted : 06 November 2012 18:08:09(UTC)
genocidal king

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 11549 time(s) in 5886 post(s)
Scott RH: Very much looking forward to seeing a documentary starring Nadia. I hope it's true reality and not the warped "mockumentary" style that we have seen in the months and years in recent history. I put my trust in someone like yourself though to at least give your fans something real and decidedly not...Jersey Shore style "reality".

OOC: Looking forward to seeing this.
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user thanked genocidal king for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 07/11/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#255 Posted : 28 November 2012 08:45:50(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

LOOKING BACK OVER THE HITS...
NADIA BERRY: THE COLLECTION

UserPostedImage

01. "Calling You Out"
Written by Nadia Berry.
Peaked at #3 on the Digital Chart.

"Calling You Out" is a track full of several tempo changes, crowd chanting, and both talking and singing, making for one of Nadia's most eccentric songs to date. There's a dramatic and thumping drum beat in the verses that powers in after the spoken intro, as Nadia powerfully calls out the lyrics. The tempo quickly slows down and just an acoustic guitar backs her for the chorus where she sings, the final two lines being chanted by a crowd that continues till the end of the post-chorus. This style remains throughout, before the final chorus replaces the guitar for a more explosive sound with drums, synths and violins, rounding out with the same two spoken lines that were heard at the start of the song.

Nadia: "'Calling You Out' is actually one of my favourite singles I've released so far in my career, and I'm really proud of a ton of my songs, so that says a lot about this one in particular. The thing I love about it is that it has so many elements to it, it's far from boring, it's always changing in sound and just builds into this huge final chorus that's brilliant. It's one of the two new tracks on this release, and it just has a really simple message it gives off about celebrity culture and what my life has been like for the past few years. I just started throwing out a bunch of ideas in the verses and it turned into a kind of rant song in a way, now everyone hates a complainer, but people didn't seem to mind too much since it did pretty well!"

Lyrics

Scandals, rumours, trends and fake friends
Label drama, baby drama, tweet and repeat
Paparazzi, blogs, TMZ and tabloid covers
Fake headlines, ex-boyfriends and my lover's ex-lovers
Backstabbers, sell outs, wannabes and nobodies
Fame whores, attention seekers, bitches and snitches

Media pressure, body issues, weight gain, weight loss
Body shapes, sex tapes, down south, word of mouth
Reviews, interviews, YouTube views and name tattoos
Writers, celebrity riders, pop culture and vultures
Drug addictions, fiction, tabloid columns and the fallen
Photoshop, photoshoots, video editing and discrediting

Chart hits, video clips, diva fits and relationships
Proposals, wedding rings, reality shows and new homes
Perfumes, world tours, life on the road, overload
Manufactured, ghostwriters, lipsyncing, unconvincing
Mental issues, bipolar, off the rails, tell tales
Album sales, broken records, features and preachers

UserPostedImage

02. "Shadow"
Written by Nadia Berry.
Peaked at #6 on the Digital Chart.

Despite only being released as a buzz single from Open Heart Surgery, "Shadow" is a fan favourite amongst Nadia Berry fans and showed the GirlSpice songstress for what we all mostly know her for in music, sweet, yet seductive vocals, mixed with a massive backing of euro-synths. As a solo artist, the public have been more used to her taking the rebellious route with loud and in-your-face vocals, but the sweet love song that is "Shadow" is drastically different from her other material, taking Nadia into a more dance-oriented sound that's often heard on GirlSpice's music. Opening the song with the lines "In the most unpredictable place / Catching the eyes of an unfamiliar face" over an unapologetic beat that goes full force from the get-go. "Shadow" became a hit single for Nadia and proved she could fill dance floors all on her own.

Nadia: "There's something really cute and innocent about 'Shadow' that I love, it's a real love song meets dance floor hit, I've heard it a ton of times when I've been out at a club. Believe it or not, it's quite embarrassing when you have your voice blaring out and you're trying to keep yourself low-key! I've never gone and made an album full of dance music, I've only got a select amount of dance songs as a solo artist to keep my discography fresh and diverse, so it's always nice to have a song like this to give some variety and mix it up a bit."

Lyrics

In the most unpredictable place
Catching the eyes of an unfamiliar face
It's this feeling that just can't be bought
And who would've thought?
Whenever you're least expecting to find love
It's that feeling you manage to get a hold of
And you know that once you step near
It's the moment that I stop seeing clear

As the butterflies begin to spread their wings
That's when love makes us do stupid, stupid things
Getting lost in the moment, don't ever find me
It's just me and you and the possibility of we

Just when I think I'm lonely forever
I see your shadow growing nearer
That's when I know we're getting closer
On the verge of our bond becoming stronger
So let's fall fast, we're going in deeper
And when I see your shadow growing nearer

In the most unusual place
Love always transcends time and space
A stranger in reality, yet like a life-long lover
Feels like you've been waiting for my feelings to uncover
But they're all on display
No reason to be led astray
We're just like a firework that's waiting to burst
And I'm jumping in headfirst

As the butterflies begin to spread their wings
That's when love makes us do stupid, stupid things
Getting lost in the moment, don't ever find me
It's just me and you and the possibility of we

I don't need your touch to feel completed
Your shadow on mine was all I ever needed
No sweet talk, nothing captured in a single word
One glance is all it took for the way I feel to go unheard
And I just can't let go...
Gotta let my feelings show...

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 6 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
erich hess on 28/11/2012(UTC), snap_itshannah on 28/11/2012(UTC), PANIC! on 28/11/2012(UTC), C4AJoh on 29/11/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 29/11/2012(UTC), FiveT on 10/12/2012(UTC)
Offline C4AJoh  
#256 Posted : 29 November 2012 01:37:23(UTC)
C4AJoh

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 8682 time(s) in 2724 post(s)
Amy: This will be one of the rare greatest hits type of albums that I'll buy, because lots of people seem to do them without really having more than two or three 'great' hits :P But I think if anyone should release one of these then it should be you, because you've had an incredible year full of hits! Also I'm not saying this just to suck up to my boss, I promise haha :)

Adam: I think it's pretty clear that Amy wants a pay-rise. Do not bow to the pressure Ms. Berry, Amy does not need more money, believe me!
thanks 1 user thanked C4AJoh for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 29/11/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#257 Posted : 29 November 2012 07:09:07(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

03. "Teenage Tragedy"
Written by Nadia Berry.
Peaked at #2 on the Digital Chart.

The first track on Hera and the second single to be lifted from the album is a track that Nadia names "one of her favourites on the record", titled "Teenage Tragedy". Sound wise, it's a lot more simple and stripped back compared to the majority of the record, taking a slightly indie-pop sound and mixing it with electro for a moody, but appropriate sound to suit the lyrics that tell the tale of a young teen with a wreck of a lifestyle. Nadia's delicate, yet haunting falsetto vocals flow perfectly over the gloomy verses, opening with "Say tonight's the night I drown to death / It'll either be by these tears of from all the alcohol". Soon after, heavy synths quickly swoop in for the chorus, Nadia's vocals becoming more dominant over the beat and more powerful. It may not be your typical upbeat, fun album opener to introduce her record Hera, but it certainly leaves a lasting impression by the end of it.

Nadia: "I remember being so damn proud of myself when I wrote this song, it was quite daring and different to everything else out there, and that's what I strive to do. Pop songs can be so generic and boring lyrically, so I always try to break out of those boundaries and write something with some depth and substance to it. I was really inspired by the youth of today with this song, 50 years ago, you hear about how people carried themselves with a lot more dignity and class compared to how things are today. You've got 16 year olds getting knocked up and wasted, taking drugs, committing crime, knowing the meaning of true love, all sorts of crazy shit that I wanted to add into this song. I wasn't sure on how well it'd do because of that reason, but luckily, it became one of my biggest hits and I'm very glad that it's now on this collection release.

Lyrics

Say tonight's the night I drown to death
It'll either be by these tears of from all the alcohol
Smudged mascara and a pocket full of meth
When I was five years old, they say I looked like a doll
I know what my family think, whatever happened?
I'm regretting the loss of my virginity
And it wasn't even as good as I imagined
Now I'm left without any dignity
And I'm pretending I don't care what you think of me

I'm doing anything I can to impress those on the streets
On a cold pavement, I'm crying myself to sleep
I'll pretend that I love the freedom, wind in my hair
Deep down, I'm mentally stabbing myself and saying life isn't fair
And still, I'm gonna tell you that I really don't care

The cuts are best when they're deepest
I'm drinking wine, but only the cheapest
I'm smoking cigarettes with the boys
Not so sweet sixteen, playing with unprotected toys
Got a guys name I've known for a week tattooed on my skin
Piercings everywhere, and I'm throwing up to be thin
Don't call me vulnerable, I'll never admit
That I'm a teenage tragedy with a lifestyle I can't quit

Say tonight's the night that I overdose
I've taken so many pills, I can't even keep count
Just for a laugh, but I don't really care if it leaves me comatose
As long as I stop hurting, I don't care about daily dosage amounts
Think I'm indestructible, but if I'm gonna die, then it may as well be now
Cause I haven't got much going for me
Whatever happened? Don't ask why and don't ask how
Don't question the things that were always meant to be
I'm a living mess, self made to be a living wreck
I may be sixteen, but I feel I've lost so many years of my life
But I'm making up for it, watch me throw vodka down my neck
Boyfriend of one week, we'll forever be hubby and wife

I'm doing anything I can to impress those on the streets
On a cold pavement, I'm crying myself to sleep
I'll pretend that I love the freedom, wind in my hair
Deep down, I'm mentally stabbing myself and saying life isn't fair
And still, I'm gonna tell you that I really don't care

Oh, what a disappointment that I turned out to be
Don't you wish you put me up for adoption years ago?
Find a way to block out the disappointments in your life and be free
Oh, if only you knew, but I guess now you know
That I was just one big mistake
Once an angel, and now I fell
I'm just one big headache
Made out of love, sent up from hell

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 7 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
snap_itshannah on 29/11/2012(UTC), PANIC! on 29/11/2012(UTC), Moquel on 29/11/2012(UTC), Mckenzie- on 30/11/2012(UTC), DistortedAudio on 02/12/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 02/12/2012(UTC), FiveT on 10/12/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#258 Posted : 02 December 2012 06:24:28(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

UserPostedImage

04. "Records On" (feat. Isaac Lovelock)
Written by Nadia Berry and Isaac Lovelock.
Peaked at #5 on the Digital Chart.

The revamped version of "Records On" features Isaac Lovelock, and was one of Isaac's first features before he dropped his own EP. The remixed version sees Nadia go in a more urban route in sound, infusing electronic and hip-hop influences into the track, compared to the more indie-pop guitar-led original. The original "Records On" proved higly popular, reaching number one on the airplay charts, and topping the digital charts for two consecutive weeks. The song is now considered one of Nadia's most successful to date, and one of her signature songs as a solo artist.

Nadia: "I still remember how easy it was working with Isaac, I called up him and asked if he'd like to jump on a remix of 'Records On' and he was willing to do it, so it all just went from there. He came back about a week or so later and showed me the lyrics he'd done for his verse, and it was perfect, seriously. The guy has incredible skills and an amazing flow, it really worked well with the new mix, it became a little more urban and electronic, but kept that laidback feel of the original that I loved. It was a risk to change up a song that had already proved to be my biggest hit as a solo artist, but fans really took to it well and critics seemed to love it. I wouldn't have put it out if I didn't have faith that it'd take the song to a new level, luckily it did, and Isaac's rap really just made the song complete for me.

Lyrics

Nadia
Isaac

OK, draw the curtains a bit tighter, still not used to these Montreal nights
I’m for late starts and late finishes, five-course meals under North Dakota candle-light
Get in the mood, I throw down vinyl, you know where this’ heading
You leave the room, I put on the Redding
And then we can get back together, and Try A Little Tenderness
I’d say you’re the one for me, but I’m not for that artificial bliss
Yeah, at this rate, you can call me Barney Stinson
Isaac Lovelock, Nadia Berry, when we finish you’ll be wishin’
That this shit was permanent, but it’s fleeting
And if it was going any longer, this shit would be beyond your seating

Curtains drawn, your favourite records on
My head on your chest as we sing along
Falling asleep until early afternoon
Waking up and singing the same old tune
Lower your head and whisper in my ear
The only two things I forever wanna hear
Tell me you love me at the end of this song

Once we close the door and shut out the world
Heaven is a place that we both soon find
Wrap me in your arms so tight
Boy, go and put your records on
At the loudest possible volume
We'll sing your favourite songs all night
That's when I know everything's gonna be alright

Your vinyl collection, my new obsession
Drop the needle and we'll lay there in ecstasy
We'll lay there in ecstasy, just you and me

Lying on your bed and forgetting about anyone else
Paradise is so easy to find
You hold me close and close your eyes
I said boy, go and put your records on
I love 'em just as much as you
Close to you, I laid there and cried
Thinking about all the good times and how time flies
All the good times we had to your favourite songs

Drop the needle and we'll lay there in ecstasy
We'll lay there in ecstasy, just you and me

All these love songs you play
And I'm thinking ahead of today
Wondering what new memories we'll make
What tomorrow will bring when we next wake
Ooh, put your records on, boy
Let's make 'em the soundtrack to our wonderful life

Long nights with your records on repeat, burning out that vinyl
I worship you and your songs, baby, you can be my bible
Now hold me tight as if the world's gonna fall apart
And when the song's over, we'll put it right back to the start
Cause I don't want this moment to ever draw to an end, oh no
Drop the needle one more time and baby, we'll take it slow

UserPostedImage

05. "Risktaker"
Written by Nadia Berry.
Peaked at #1 on the Digital Chart.

Opening with fast-paced drums, "Risktaker" packs a punch from the get-go, before the tempo drops slightly for the opening verse, Nadia's vocals are sweet and slightly whispered, before they turn louder for the pre-chorus, Nadia belts out each line powerfully, before moving into an atmospheric chorus where the drums are accompanied with an orchestral backing. The lines to the chorus are almost spoken, but still put out in a way that there's a sort of catchiness to it, her voice remaining bold and confident. However, on later choruses, the spoken-style to the first chorus is gone, the instruments build up, and Nadia provides stellar vocals throughout. Everything drops out for the middle-eight, apart from gentle piano chords as Nadia's voice turns breathy and light, the lines close to being whispered, adding a needed gentle touch to the song, before moving into its dramatic final chorus.

Nadia: "'Risktaker' was actually my first ever solo number one on the digital charts, so it holds a special place in my heart for that very reason. It was the song that kinda made me feel like I'd been accepted as a solo artist and that people were taking interest in my own music. I definitely think the video helped it get there, it's one of the hardest videos I've ever filmed, but I think it's one of my best, it's visually stunning. It's the type of song you'd imagine in a movie with the orchestral elements to it, there's a real dramatic feel to it, it goes hand in hand with the lyrics. It's a love song, but not the type you'd expect, it's about literally losing everything you have for this person, giving them the chance to ruin you, and seeing if they're worth the risk."

Lyrics

My heart's alight - don't put out the fire
Let's play a game of true or false with my emotions
I'm wondering if my feelings are all an illusion
Or if they're the reality that I'm searching for
If they're the light at the end of the tunnel
Or if they're the demons that wreck havoc in my head
A maze that I can't seem to find an escape from
And I'm blindfolded on this road ahead

With you, I'm living life on the edge
And I'd jump off at any second
Just for you, and it's all for you
And I'm hanging by a thread
Standing tall, for you I'd fall

You're the biggest risk that I'll ever take
Even if it's the biggest mistake I'll ever make
Even if I'm left in tears at the end of it all
I'll still tell myself that you were worth the fall
Cause it's only you who I'd give my heart to break

Just kiss me now, before I change my mind
Will we even still know each other in a year's time?
People try to write the ending, continue pretending
That we crashed and burned long ago
But even if I'm walking straight into a car crash
I'm willing to be the one who gets taken for a ride
Cause I'm not a people pleaser, only living for myself
Forgive me or not, but I can't love him any less

And I'd jump off at any second
Just for you, and it's all for you
And I'm hanging by a thread
Standing tall, for you I'd fall

Arms spread open, standing on the ledge
Heart beating faster, jumping off the edge
Only to be caught by you everytime
But if you decide to never catch me again
The trust I had in you was a feeling I never felt before
So watch me drown as the sun goes down
And it'd all be worth it...

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
thanks 4 users thanked GirlSpice for this useful post.
DistortedAudio on 02/12/2012(UTC), PANIC! on 02/12/2012(UTC), RoseJapanFan on 02/12/2012(UTC), FiveT on 10/12/2012(UTC)
Offline RoseJapanFan  
#259 Posted : 02 December 2012 07:24:53(UTC)
RoseJapanFan

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 14997 time(s) in 6773 post(s)
Isabel: Now I can officially sing all my favorite Nadia Berry songs without having to skips the CD's :P Kidding, I never skip a Nadia CD! Lol. Seriously though I'm happy you've gotten this far in your career and you've been so successful. I can't wait for your documentary also, I will be watching :)
UserPostedImage
Do you like reading reviews on anime? Manga? Games? Do you wanna support a fellow black nerd? Then click above.
UserPostedImage

Isabel-Pixie-Nova-Jennifer Armstrong-Dylan Shaw-Eden Pryce-Taara Jay-Jupiter Jones-Imani
Kato-Eilidh-Nothing But Trouble-Hayden-Serenity Scott-Anaísz-Kimi Kubo

"My God! We truly are a talented bunch. The fact that we write entire albums all on our own while the biggest stars in the world have 45 co-writers on ONE track?? Where the hell are OUR record deals and GRAMMYS?" -BrownSugar

thanks 1 user thanked RoseJapanFan for this useful post.
GirlSpice on 02/12/2012(UTC)
Offline GirlSpice  
#260 Posted : 02 December 2012 07:56:48(UTC)
GirlSpice

Woman
United Kingdom

Nadia: Aww, thanks for the love and support you always show, sweetie. I really do appreciate it. I guess I'm just reflecting on a lot of stuff, so this CD and the documentary is helping me to do that. Hope you enjoy it. :)
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

ACTIVE:
Vanity x Nadia Berry
RoseJapanFan on 02/12/2012(UTC)